Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood (2239 Views)

Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / Igbo Custom On Bride Price Wicked, Evil Ungodly, Says Ondo Court / Father's Day: FatherHood Is A Blessing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by FODA(m): 10:39pm On Jan 12
Fighttillvictory:
Gosh the words of the judge shows a deep hatred and is unprofessional. Why don't he ask the pastor why he didn't pay brideprice even the bible that he read does not approve half union. I don't support the woman fully but dat judge shouldn't be in court with that kind of hatred
can they apply that cultural belief in the US and go scot free,barbaric is an understatement
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by takimsipho(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12
Sctests:

When you were shoving your miserable dick into the Igbo girl, you didn't know there were caveats and clauses.

All customary laws are equal befall the eyes of the law and are enforceable anywhere within Nigeria..

The Igbo customary law comes into play here. Those kids do belong to the promiscuous irresponsible Pastor who can't pay bride price. The Igbo ladies family own those kids she carried for nine months until another man pays her bride price and cater for the kids.

In Igboland there is no notion of bastard, every child has a father, biological or not. Maybe that's why there is a lesser prevalence of agberoes, omo miles and social misfits in Igboland compared to your region..
read my 1st comment baba. I'm not ethnocentric, but you igbos make it seem like you're the only tribe in Africa, or your culture is a standard bearer for everybody. That's why some of una dey carry yeye mentality take go aboard go enter issues. Go tell oyinbo judge say becos you no pay brideprice, no bi you get the pikin and so you no go pay child support. Your are calling the man promiscuous, someone who has 4 children with the same woman and run their church together. But the woman that wants to leave her husband for his boy is what? I am sure they have been knacking since before them wan marry. Talking about social misfits, what do you call those guys at Onitsha bridge, ABA market and the host of drug peddlers caught home and abroad everyday? Baby factory, stealing children from the north, what is una obsession with pikin?
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Dzzzz: 10:51pm On Jan 12
killsmith:

People wey dey bury their kings with 7 human heads dey call others barbaric.

Like how can you kill 7 people and cut off their heads so that you can decorate the grave of just one person?
You deserve correct bushmeat and one big bottle of Tombo to capsize am🙌🏿

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by IjebuWarrior: 11:27pm On Jan 12
Sctests:
If you impregnate an Igbo girl without doing the marital rites and paying the bride price. That child DOES NOT belong to you. You are just a SPERM DONOR. The child belongs to the man who is responsible and values the woman enough to pay the bride price.

God save you if that lady dies during childbirth, then you will visit hell and back, because you must pay that price and 'marry' her corpse befittingly before she is lowered into earth. Else you won't sleep when the whole village send their deity after you. YOU KILLED HER. Who wants to go to the spirit world with shame? An Igbo daughter?

The Akure judge should concentrate on stopping Royal cannibalism that is customary to yoruba people.

It is common knowledge that when a king, Alaafin, Ooni, Oba or Baale dies in yorubaland, it is customary for the succeeding monarch to eat the heart (cardiac muscle) of the dead king uncooked. Ask any honest yoruba traditionalist. In fact type 'yoruba royal cannibalism" in Google and research it.

More so, after the death of a yoruba king, human sacrifices are made and head hunters are sent out in the dead of the night to hunt for human head as part of their Oro practice before the late king is buried.

Let the Akure Judge face these barbaric customs of his people and stop meddling in a foreign custom that is older than his 10th great-grandfather and ancestors.
He can't win. Let him remove the wool in his own people's eyes first..

He can't dare go to the muslim North and try to stop them from marrying 10-year old girls, without his head being cut off from his shoulder with matchetes, but he wants to flex judicial muscles here in the South.

The Igbos are not your plaything. Respect their customs and stop meddling in their traditional affairs.

Savage custom! angry
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by olisaEze(m): 12:17am On Jan 13
I dunno about the SE Igbos, but in the Igbo speaking Niger-Delta that child will bear the mother's maiden name until the biological father pays the bride price. If the mother marries another man before then, the kid will still bear her maiden name. Bride price is not slave trade, our daughters marry we don't sell them off!

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BabaRamota1980: 2:28am On Jan 13
searchng4love:

The woman is a criminal. Gbajue...

That's precisely what it is. The man owns the church. She left him to date and marry one of junior preachers, an Ibo like her. They will both scheme and take ownership of that church from the man and push him to side. But God wanted to deal with her, so the issue of fatherhood came up.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BabaRamota1980: 2:28am On Jan 13
According to this Ibo custom, if Emeka marry Ngozi, who graduated from baby factory at age 16 after 3 pregnancies and babies, does he now own all 3 bomboys, or do they all belong to Ngozi father by default?
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BabaRamota1980: 2:40am On Jan 13
Depriest2020:
undecided
The foolish magistrate couldn't even condemn his brother who claims to be an apostle, yet was sleeping and having children out of wedlock with his lover. All he was concerned about was condemning a peoples tradition that has existed before his ancestors were born.

Nigerian constitution recognizes customs and traditions of a people that is why we have the customary Court.

That magistrate loathes the tribe of the woman, that's why he had to use such words to describe her customs. Why can't he simply tell her that the constitution don't subscribe to her defense instead of using such words to describe her customs.

This court was in Akure, Yorubaland. There are many customs of Ibo we find despicable, and this is just one of them.

Others include your osu caste. There is also the Ibo custom that denies female child an inheritance when her father is deceased. In fact, the widow and her children will be thrown out if the man had a house and properties. Don't forget she first has to drink the washoff water from the corpse to prove innocence in his death.

We Yoruba abhor these calamitous way of life you call custom. The judge said it like it is.

Now, the woman should take the case to Iboland, the origin of her custom and get favorable ruling if she does not like the one given in Akure. Remember, it is Nigeria, she has freedom to live anywhere, she also have liberty to seek justice anywhere. Take this damn case to alaibo.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BabaRamota1980: 2:44am On Jan 13
Elemosho478:

It happened in Ondo so you are the one being disrespectful here.

If it happened in Anambra or Enugu you might have a point.

In Yoruba land , Yoruba culture supercede

grin grin you damn right!
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BabaRamota1980: 2:54am On Jan 13
flokii:
You see am?.. Yoruba versus Igbo marriage wahala.

Why didn't the prophet abi na pastor get accustomed to the customs of the place he married from?.. now in-laws will have their own ruling, magistrate too will have his ruling.

Our people will never hear word. We tell them, there is no culture that doesn't marry outside its own...but marry women with cultures and customs in harmony with ours. Ibo culture and custom is way too dis-harmonious with our own. There are too much turn-offs than there are turn-ons. Great dis-harmony that cannot be reconciled exist. They try to hide their bad side, but I schooled there in Iboland i know them well. If i start to list some things in Ibo culture for you, you will never look Ibo woman face again, ever. grin grin grin
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Imsoblessed: 4:27am On Jan 13
RisenObinna:

I wanted to give my input in this but you finished work. I'm proud of you.

Who is Akure Judge?
Is it Eba? Is it agbado?
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Imsoblessed: 4:33am On Jan 13
So it's only the custom of the Igbo woman that should be respected and not that of the Yoruba man....I support every word used by the judge.The man nor r*pe am.Nexy time keep it daughters where fatherhood is soly defined by money
RisenObinna:

I wanted to give my input in this but you finished work. I'm proud of you.

Who is Akure Judge?
Is it Eba? Is it agbado?
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by RisenObinna: 6:10am On Jan 13
Imsoblessed:
So it's only the custom of the Igbo woman that should be respected and not that of the Yoruba man....I support every word used by the judge.The man nor r*pe am.Nexy time keep it daughters where fatherhood is soly defined by money
It's not a must to marry an Igbo woman. If you're not comfortable with he people's custom, look else where...Na force?

Let the Yoruba man marry from his tribe or other tribe that will allow him to marry without paying bride price.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Nonny95: 6:30am On Jan 13
RisenObinna:

It's not a must to marry an Igbo woman. If you're not comfortable with he people's custom, look else where...Na force?

Let the Yoruba man marry from his tribe or other tribe that will allow him to marry without paying bride price.

I tire oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Imsoblessed: 7:19am On Jan 13
RisenObinna:

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Imsoblessed: 7:21am On Jan 13
Then tell ur loosed sisters to keep their legs closed !I hate rubbish
RisenObinna:

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by zelnababa(m): 7:21am On Jan 13
Depriest2020:
undecided
The foolish magistrate couldn't even condemn his brother who claims to be an apostle, yet was sleeping and having children out of wedlock with his lover. All he was concerned about was condemning a peoples tradition that has existed before his ancestors were born.

Nigerian constitution recognizes customs and traditions of a people that is why we have the customary Court. Who is more stupid than the woman who knows her culture and still open her leg to the man to got her pregnant not once but twice.

That magistrate loathes the tribe of the woman, that's why he had to use such words to describe her customs. Why can't he simply tell her that the constitution don't subscribe to her defense instead of using such words to describe her customs.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by takimsipho(m): 7:21am On Jan 13
RisenObinna:

like a lot of naija guys I used to admire Igbo girls when I was much younger. But as a grown man who knows what life is, that my sole purpose is not to enslave myself to a woman and her family to exploit me and do yeye with ridiculous expectations when she can still cheat or divorce me. I no send Igbo girl again at all. But them good for sidechick sha, becos of their greed to please their family, them dey give knack up and down. Come and see what Igbo girls who are youth corpers in the north are doing. Them dey Bleep alhaji like tomorrow no dey cos of money, and you silly boys will be insulting aboki and pay heavy brideprice for babe wey don Bleep around. I know Igbo men who are married to women of other tribes, and they testify, finally realizing that they have been condition by some yeye tradition.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by zelnababa(m): 7:23am On Jan 13
Depriest2020:
undecided

Nigerian constitution recognizes customs and traditions of a people that is why we have the customary Court.

Who is more stupid than the woman who knows her culture and still open her leg to the man to got her pregnant not once but twice without paying her bride price.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Depriest2020: 7:31am On Jan 13
zelnababa:
Who is more stupid than the woman who knows her culture and still open her leg to the man to got her pregnant not once but twice without paying her bride price.
Men make a lot of promises, he could've promised her marriage and so they lived together and had kids, when the marriage wasn't fort coming, she married someone else willing.

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Fkmodhi: 7:54am On Jan 13
Mods should kindly do the needful and take it down.
Thank you
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by flokii: 8:27am On Jan 13
BabaRamota1980:

Our people will never hear word. We tell them, there is no culture that doesn't marry outside its own...but marry women with cultures and customs in harmony with ours. Ibo culture and custom is way too dis-harmonious with our own. There are too much turn-offs than there are turn-ons. Great dis-harmony that cannot be reconciled exist. They try to hide their bad side, but I schooled there in Iboland i know them well. If i start to list some things in Ibo culture for you, you will never look Ibo woman face again, ever. grin grin grin

I might not know much but I know the inheritance part where nothing (absolutely nothing), not even pin from the parents properties goes to the girl child in Igboland and many other gender bias practices..

These are areas where one would expect likes of Oby, Chimamanda and co. to channel their energy on, but they go around chasing shadows, criticizing others whereas evil in their region is unmatched, especially towards women.

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by jojothaiv(m): 8:32am On Jan 13
worldclass68:
In the context of disputes within the Igbo tribe, this custom might be effective if the affected party doesn't pursue legal action. However, if the disagreement involves interactions between Igbo and other tribes, legal proceedings will definitely override this custom, as the constitution prevails in such cases.

Know this...know peace..

Where a state governor dey sack king/emir...

Lol

naija4life247:
DNA will prove whom the father is when you get to the Supreme Court. How Igbo culture will now supercede the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is what I am yet to fund out

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by BondRiv: 9:37am On Jan 13
Worship of money or whatever.

Bride price should not be the condition for fatherhood. The act has already been done.

Why did the woman have sex when the bride price has not been paid? Give the father his child jor. Stop promoting nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by adebambo13d: 10:20am On Jan 13
That's only in Igbo land.In Yoruba land there's nothing like that.That's only in Igbo land.In Yoruba land there's nothing like that....

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by Smile4me01(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13
Some judge don't know their left and right in the profession how can she totally condemned custom of a particular tribe that exists before her clients choose to go their for marriage, even constitution go in line with custom and tradition that's why we have migistrate and customary court and Hausa and Fulani go farther to have Sharia law that even incorporated into Nigeria constitution i believe the magistrate is only bitter with the distinct law that keeps marriage strongly valid in south east that never exist in her region that custom must remain in our region to keep family united and give woman and their family value in the society.
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by RisenObinna: 12:27pm On Jan 13
takimsipho:
like a lot of naija guys I used to admire Igbo girls when I was much younger. But as a grown man who knows what life is, that my sole purpose is not to enslave myself to a woman and her family to exploit me and do yeye with ridiculous expectations when she can still cheat or divorce me. I no send Igbo girl again at all. But them good for sidechick sha, becos of their greed to please their family, them dey give knack up and down. Come and see what Igbo girls who are youth corpers in the north are doing. Them dey Bleep alhaji like tomorrow no dey cos of money, and you silly boys will be insulting aboki and pay heavy brideprice for babe wey don Bleep around. I know Igbo men who are married to women of other tribes, and they testify, finally realizing that they have been condition by some yeye tradition.

Wow, really?
And you know all these and you're crying foul for children that 'ashawo' Igbo girls born that your lazy and poor wretched self can't afford to pay her bride prize?

And as for your story, if you want list, I can give you list of Yoruba girls bleeped not for big money but for peanuts and you're opening mouth.

Abeg getat
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by RisenObinna: 12:30pm On Jan 13
Imsoblessed:
Then tell ur loosed sisters to keep their legs closed !I hate rubbish
And what do you tell your dog brothers?
Keep them on leash!
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by zelnababa(m): 1:10pm On Jan 13
Depriest2020:

Men make a lot of promises, he could've promised her marriage and so they lived together and had kids, when the marriage wasn't fort coming, she married someone else willing.
one kid accepted but two , that is foolishness
Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by takimsipho(m): 1:20pm On Jan 13
RisenObinna:

Wow, really?
And you know all these and you're crying foul for children that 'ashawo' Igbo girls born that your lazy and poor wretched self can't afford to pay her bride prize?

And as for your story, if you want list, I can give you list of Yoruba girls bleeped not for big money but for peanuts and you're opening mouth.

Abeg getat

abeg rest. You assume I am Yoruba abi? Na so una no get sense reach. Una mumu custom and tradition doesn't freak anybody. Emeka Ike don expose how wicked and heartless una women be. Go and ask Dr Stan on Twitter. How much be the brideprice sef, more than the amount the man has used to take care of the kids over the years? Igbo girls don't have any form of exclusive value anymore. We see una for who una be, greedy and materialistic. And I no go ever mistake marry Igbo girl, make she no con use greed scatter my family. But as sidechick, Na sure thing. I go bleep am, con give you make you con pay heavy brideprice. Wait fess, wetin dey do una? Una no fit born una own pekin again? Baby factory, stealing babies from the north, marry a woman with grown up children to claim as your own. Una go use una reproductive organs do juju for money con dey claim other people's children as your own. Wait make I put one Igbo girl Belle then you rush go pay brideprice claim my pikin since una prick no dey fit work again. Dem they use heavy brideprice lock una to cheating bitches and you can't do shit cos of your yeye tradition

1 Like

Re: Akure Magistrate Judge Condemns Igbo Custom On Fatherhood by takimsipho(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13
Smile4me01:
Some judge don't know their left and right in the profession how can she totally condemned custom of a particular tribe that exists before her clients choose to go their for marriage, even constitution go in line with custom and tradition that's why we have migistrate and customary court and Hausa and Fulani go farther to have Sharia law that even incorporated into Nigeria constitution i believe the magistrate is only bitter with the distinct law that keeps marriage strongly valid in south east that never exist in her region that custom must remain in our region to keep family united and give woman and their family value in the society.
guy there something called the repugnancy test when it comes to customary law. Look it up on Google. Are you anyway a law student or offered any course in Nigerian Legal Systems? Please don't expose your ignorance here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is It That So Many Of Us Carry Huge Emotional Baggage? / Pls Advice This Friend Of Mine, Very Urgent / Unfulfilled Promises And Disaponitments From People During Wedding Preparations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.