Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi (41629 Views)

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus. / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Sleekfingers: 11:18am On Jan 13
tommykiwi:
Mikel calm down, allow sleeping dog to lie.

So he should say the truth?

A dog that threw away my breakfast and lunch, and you expect me to let the dog sleep? The dog too must collect.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Sleekfingers: 11:23am On Jan 13
Eaglernorwich:
Oliseh was a disciplinarian

and an arrogant person. Who always expect people around him to lick his sore feet.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:25am On Jan 13
aremubabs:

Oliseh was average?

I used to think like you until I watched tapes of the Green Eagles where Oliseh was throwing long passes from deep in Nigeria's half and he was making the ball go anywhere he wanted it to go. He would tidy up Okocha's lapses, and throw one long pass almost across the whole pitch and the ball would simply find any of Yekini or Amuneke or any of the strikers we had then.

He played in those days when the light was always heavily on strikers or attacking midfielders. Despite being a defensive midfielder, he was voted the third best player in Africa in 1998.
The guy was very outstanding
Awesome

You really know football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by pretydiva(f): 11:48am On Jan 13
DarkJeddi:
I've known Oliseh for 31 years..
Fought Amokachi for the Captain's band..
Fought and insult a Minister as a player.
He got booted out for gross misconduct as a Super Eagles player.
Vile piece of sh1t!
By the way, his younger brother was banned for life,from Nigerian National Teams for gross misconduct and insubordination..
So obviously it is a family trait.
So yeah, I know a thing or two about that piece of work..
Hmmm. Ok
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Josywhyte: 11:58am On Jan 13
ROTTWEILER007:
Mikel was just one lucky dude. That guy na scrap!

Another 'Oliseh' spotted
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by OKC22: 12:34pm On Jan 13
I know that there was no criteria for giving Oliseh that job
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by sharpwriter(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13
DarkJeddi:
I've known Oliseh for 31 years..
Fought Amokachi for the Captain's band..
Fought and insult a Minister as a player.
He got booted out for gross misconduct as a Super Eagles player.
Vile piece of sh1t!
By the way, his younger brother was banned for life,from Nigerian National Teams for gross misconduct and insubordination..
So obviously it is a family trait.
So yeah, I know a thing or two about that piece of work..
Lol...the guy na thug. So Azubuike was banned for life?
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Konquest: 1:02pm On Jan 13
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Konquest: 1:10pm On Jan 13
aremubabs:

Oliseh was average?

I used to think like you until I watched tapes of the Green Eagles where Oliseh was throwing long passes from deep in Nigeria's half and he was making the ball go anywhere he is it to go. He would tidy up Okocha's lapses, and throw one long pass almost across the whole pitch and the ball would simply find any of Yekini or Amuneke or any of the strikers we had then.

He played in those days when the light was always heavily on strikers or attacking midfielders. Despite being a defensive midfielder, he was voted the third best player in Africa in 1998.
Indeed, you're very apt.

Those are the awesome things I remember the Delta State-born Sunday Oliseh for on the soccer field back in the day... He was indeed a world-class midfielder and regularly made long and accurate passes of the soccer balls to the iconic striker, Rasheed Yekini who would then do the final damage of scoring with powerful shots in the opponent's area.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ROTTWEILER007: 1:13pm On Jan 13
Josywhyte:

Another 'Oliseh' spotted
another scrap spotted!
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by kendrick93(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13
valentineuwakwe:
True talk......
Oliseh destroy the national team of Nigeria in 2015 with his near perfect perfectionist attitudes.....we lost all our best legs that should be playing till now.no wonder after his fights with enyeama, which enyeama left, we stil have problems in the goalkeeping area til now...
Enyeama was washed up by that point.
Enyeama is overrated anyway by Nigerians
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by aswani(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13
OKC22:
I know that there was no criteria for giving Oliseh that job

I still believe they gave him the job just so that he can use his hands to fail because they were fed up of him abusing them every time the Eagles lost or drew which he was doing regularly until he hit the job.

Since den we never hear pim from am.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:39pm On Jan 13
kendrick93:
Enyeama was washed up by that point.
Enyeama is overrated anyway by Nigerians

No talk like that.....enyeama stil remain one of our best all time goalkeeper!
Mikel obi gave a little story of what happen then in the eagles camp in 2015, if other players talk wetin happen then u go fear...

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by CockPit: 3:34pm On Jan 13
Vinnie2000:

You DON'T know What you are Saying. sad sad

Oliseh is by Far a BETTER Player/Midfielder than Mikel. undecided

He Captained Super Eagles to 2 AFCONs in 2000 and 2002, Played as a Regular in France 98 and USA 94
And Played for Clubs such as Dortmund, Ajax and Juventus. smiley

What is Mikel's legacy in Chelsea

If he was so Good, why didn't any other Club buy him when Chelsea Dumped him?

I will never forget Oliseh goal in France 98 that sent Spain out of the world cup.

I stopped watching Nigerian super eagles because of dull players like Mikel Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ejimatic: 3:47pm On Jan 13
Kog45:
Do you know Muda Lawal?
After Muda Lawal was the turn of Olishe. Muda Lawal contributed to 1980 Nations Cup victory for Nigeria.Thank you for yiur great reminder!
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ogbonti: 4:02pm On Jan 13
tommykiwi:
Mikel calm down, allow sleeping dog to lie.

Oliseh did whatever any coach would do then - IF there is a mafia group in a team, it must first be dismantled - that was why Pep Guardiola got Eto'o out because he was bad influence in the dressing room then - making side talks and disrespecting the Coach. Clemence Westerhof - Bonfrere Jo and even Phillipe Troussier (aka the white witch doctor) them will not field the likes of Ikpeba and Akpoborie - except all options have been exhausted, despite Ikpeba being great at AS Monaco and called then the Prince of Monaco and with Akpoborie being leading scorer at the German Bundesliga with Hansa Rostock - THEY WERE EITHER NOT INVITED or BENCHED except there is injury situation of certain key players.. So nothing Olise did that was from the angle of incompetence - football is not just about skills but formations, tactics, discipline and a Coach's philosophy----- Claudio Cannigia was told by the Argentine Manager Carlos Bilardo, to cut his hair or he wont go to the world cup - so is that manager too jealous of Cannigia ? What is Olise jealous of ? those are very strong words from Mikel and he can not prove it

OLISE - AFCON winner, Olise scored Africa's best goal at the world cup - not just against any team but a star studded Spanish team with the likes of Hierro, Goalkeeper Zubizarretta, Campo, Raul Gonzales etc - (Mikel never scored for Nigeria at the world cup- and he plays the same role as Olise - defensive midfield) Olise was Gold medalist at the Atlanta'96 Olympics, (Mikel has Bronze) Olise played at the top level for clubs like FC Cologne of Germany, FC Reggiana of Italy, Juventus of Italy, Ajax Amsterdam of Holland and he excelled! (Mikel only played for Chelsea and the EPL - in is prime his services were not needed by other top European clubs) Olise made solid contributions to Nigeria breaking the jinx of losing AFCON finals - (1984,11988) with that great pass to Amunike that gave us that second goal that secured AFCON 1994 for us - I can not forget his true pass to Yekini resulting in the best goal at AFCON 1994 against Zaire which broke that stubborn team.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - just like Eto'o calling ROGER MILLA - an African legend jealous of him, Mikel is calling another AFRICAN legend SUNDAY OLISE jealous when Olise has done more for NIGERIA on the field than Mikel ever did - please shut up MIKEL and face your family members you have stingily stopped supporting because you are a bad influence grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by HRMK: 4:07pm On Jan 13
AS A PLAYER OR AS A COACH?NO WONDER THE SO CALLED SENIOR BOYS IN EAGLES THEN WERE SWOLLEN HEADED AND UNCONTROLABLE!
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Princezibk: 4:15pm On Jan 13
CockPit:

I will never forget Oliseh goal in France 98 that sent Spain out of the world cup.

I stopped watching Nigerian super eagles because of dull players like Mikel Obi.
If Mikel is dull according to you ,,, Then you’re an irreplaceable Dullard 😏😏

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Princezibk: 4:22pm On Jan 13
ogbonti:

Oliseh did whatever any coach would do then - IF there is a mafia group in a team, it must first be dismantled - that was why Pep Guardiola got Eto'o out because he was bad influence in the dressing room then - making side talks and disrespecting the Coach. Clemence Westerhof - Bonfrere Jo and even Phillipe Troussier (aka the white witch doctor) them will not field the likes of Ikpeba and Akpoborie - except all options have been exhausted, despite Ikpeba being great at AS Monaco and called then the Prince of Monaco and with Akpoborie being leading scorer at the German Bundesliga with Hansa Rostock - THEY WERE EITHER NOT INVITED or BENCHED except there is injury situation of certain key players.. So nothing Olise did that was from the angle of incompetence - football is not just about skills but formations, tactics, discipline and a Coach's philosophy----- Claudio Cannigia was told by the Argentine Manager to cut his hair or he wont go to the world cup - so is that manager too jealous of Cannigia ? What is Olise jealous of ? those are very strong words from Mikel and he can not prove it

OLISE - AFCON winner, Olise scored Africa's best goal at the world cup - not just against any team but a star studded Spanish team with the likes of Hierro, Goalkeeper Zubizarretta, Campo, Raul Gonzales etc - (Mikel never scored for Nigeria at the world cup- and he plays the same role as Olise - defensive midfield) Olise was Gold medalist at the Atlanta'96 Olympics, (Mikel has Bronze) Olise played at the top level for clubs like FC Cologne of Germany, FC Reggiana of Italy, Juventus of Italy, Ajax Amsterdam of Holland and he excelled! (Mikel only played for Chelsea and the EPL - in is prime his services were not needed by other top European clubs) Olise made solid contributions to Nigeria breaking the jinx of losing AFCON finals - (1984,11988) with that great pass to Amunike that gave us that second goal that secured AFCON 1994 for us - I can not forget his true pass to Yekini resulting in the best goal at AFCON 1994 against Zaire which broke that stubborn team.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - just like Eto'o calling ROGER MILLA - an African legend jealous of him, Mikel is calling another AFRICAN legend SUNDAY OLISE jealous when Olise has done more for NIGERIA on the field than Mikel ever did - please shut up MIKEL and face your family members you have stingily stopped supporting because you are a bad influence grin grin grin grin
It’s like you’re paid to go on internet rampage to demean One for another which is unfair… They are both legendary in their own right ok…

Mikel is a Legend

Oliseh is a Super Legend too
💯 💯 💯
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by kelly72: 6:19pm On Jan 13
Sunday Oliseh is a saddist
He was part of the mafia in the Super Eagles of his day's and when he became Eagles Coach he began to criticise Mafia in the team.

So sad, so bitter, so jealous, so insolent and rude. Every club he played, he was suddenly sacked for bad behaviour.

And he was the one trying to teach Mikel how to behave well, what an irony!
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by CockPit: 7:22pm On Jan 13
Princezibk:
If Mikel is dull according to you ,,, Then you’re an irreplaceable Dullard 😏😏

Abuse, Insults, what else?
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by frankblinkz(m): 9:58am On Jan 14
blaise26abj:

Really? Mikel ? He was good in his days no doubt . But calling him a legend ? Naaa
you think I have the strength to argue.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ogbonti: 8:32pm On Jan 14
Princezibk:
It’s like you’re paid to go on internet rampage to demean One for another which is unfair… They are both legendary in their own right ok…

Mikel is a Legend

Oliseh is a Super Legend too
💯 💯 💯

so no on can have an opinion EXCEPT he or she is paid? is that how you were raised? or is that were poverty put you? that you can not think or say your own opinion EXCEPT someone hands you food to eat? DIGUSTING !!! angry angry angry

Anyways - no one said Mikel is not a legend- but to speak so badly of Sunday Olise is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable - Here the other day he was trying to compare himself to Kanu Nwankwo that he is more decorated than Kanu, because he won Champions League and AFCON until Someone reminded him that Kanu won Champions League too with AJAX - not just playing back passes like Mikel BUT scoring impressive and decisive goals leading to that title and a TREBLE that year - DUTCH EREDIVISIE, DUTCH CUP, and UCL - And when he was reminded Kanu won the U-16 World Cup - Japan'93 (which he MIKEL could not win in Finland 2003) and Kanu won the Olympics GOLD medal, Atlanta'96 which he MIKEL could not win, but got a Bronze in Brazil' 2016 and that Kanu was African Player of the Year, not once but twice (1996 and 1999) - and MIKEL was never African Player of the Year - then he withdrew his arrogant as s into the chair) and conceded that Kanu is more decorated than him. JUST IMAGING THE ARROGANCE AND DISRESPECT for legends like Olise and Kanu who paved the way for you to emerge angry

And you know who called him out his arrogance? RIO FERDINAND- An Ex- English International and Manchester United Legend - told him Kanu is greater and better and well recognized all over the world than Mikel can ever be - I hate when a person like MIKEL is bad mouthing others - LOOK at his peers - Messi played the same U-20 finals with Mikel and he led Argentina to win the world Cup in 2022 long after Mikel retired. They were both born in 1987 - but just imagine how ARGENTINA would have won the world cup in 2022 without Messi - OR if Messi retired like Obi? Look at Ronaldo, born in 1985 still helping Portugal till now scoring beautiful goals - Roger Milla of Cameroun was 38 years old when he had his best tournament at Italia 90 World Cup- How old is Mikel again? 35+ .. retired and constituting nuisance on Social Media arguing about who is greatest between him and Kanu, insulting Olise calling him an empty head- what an eeeediot MIKEL is angry angry

Roger Milla was exactly the age of MIKEL (35+) when he used his experience to lead the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun, coming out of retirement to win the AFCON of Maroc'1988 beating Nigeria in the finals. That is what true legends do, not constitiuting nuisance on social media - no wonder Antonio Conte drove him away from Chelsea.. because he lacks good character!!! angry angry angry
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by shagie07: 10:47pm On Jan 14
Manchester United vs Tottenham Goals, Jubilations Highlight | Premier League 2023/24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjaXslYWOMY
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Pacesetter123(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15
Vinnie2000:

Una don Start with LIES and Twisting of Facts, again. undecided undecided

It's ur Type that will blame Obasanjo or Goodluck Jonathan for Happened in 2020! sad

How did Oliseh cost us a Place in the WC

It was NFF FAULT that we didn't Qualify for Qatar 2022 World cup
When they sacked Gernot Rohr and replaced him with Eguavoen in the Final stages of the Qualifications rounds. embarassed

So till today you never know say nah Keeper wey no know anything about football and goal-keeping nah him kill us for that Ghana match?
See where Thomas Party dey kick ball see as keeper come de act film.

Or you no know say nah part of the impact of the team wey arrogant Oliseh scattered nah Im bin affect us for that world cup qualifying game against Ghana and e still dey affect us till today?
You sabi the advantage of peaceful transition in a particular system?
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Princezibk: 9:03pm On Jan 15
ogbonti:

so no on can have an opinion EXCEPT he or she is paid? is that how you were raised? or is that were poverty put you? that you can not think or say your own opinion EXCEPT someone hands you food to eat? DIGUSTING !!! angry angry angry

Anyways - no one said Mikel is not a legend- but to speak so badly of Sunday Olise is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable - Here the other day he was trying to compare himself to Kanu Nwankwo that he is more decorated than Kanu, because he won Champions League and AFCON until Someone reminded him that Kanu won Champions League too with AJAX - not just playing back passes like Mikel BUT scoring impressive and decisive goals leading to that title and a TREBLE that year - DUTCH EREDIVISIE, DUTCH CUP, and UCL - And when he was reminded Kanu won the U-16 World Cup - Japan'93 (which he MIKEL could not win in Finland 2003) and Kanu won the Olympics GOLD medal, Atlanta'96 which he MIKEL could not win, but got a Bronze in Brazil' 2016 and that Kanu was African Player of the Year, not once but twice (1996 and 1999) - and MIKEL was never African Player of the Year - then he withdrew his arrogant as s into the chair) and conceded that Kanu is more decorated than him. JUST IMAGING THE ARROGANCE AND DISRESPECT for legends like Olise and Kanu who paved the way for you to emerge angry

And you know who called him out his arrogance? RIO FERDINAND- An Ex- English International and Manchester United Legend - told him Kanu is greater and better and well recognized all over the world than Mikel can ever be - I hate when a person like MIKEL is bad mouthing others - LOOK at his peers - Messi played the same U-20 finals with Mikel and he led Argentina to win the world Cup in 2022 long after Mikel retired. They were both born in 1987 - but just imagine how ARGENTINA would have won the world cup in 2022 without Messi - OR if Messi retired like Obi? Look at Ronaldo, born in 1985 still helping Portugal till now scoring beautiful goals - Roger Milla of Cameroun was 38 years old when he had his best tournament at Italia 90 World Cup- How old is Mikel again? 35+ .. retired and constituting nuisance on Social Media arguing about who is greatest between him and Kanu, insulting Olise calling him an empty head- what an eeeediot MIKEL is angry angry

Roger Milla was exactly the age of MIKEL (35+) when he used his experience to lead the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun, coming out of retirement to win the AFCON of Maroc'1988 beating Nigeria in the finals. That is what true legends do, not constitiuting nuisance on social media - no wonder Antonio Conte drove him away from Chelsea.. because he lacks good character!!! angry angry angry

ahhhhhhhh ! I’m well raised sir and epistle acknowledged 🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / AFCON 2019: Adama Niane Sent Home For Slapping Team Captain / Alex Iwobi’s E Class Convertible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.