Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi (41629 Views)

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus. / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by hstar: 11:59pm On Jan 12
thatigboman:
what he did to enyeama was not discipline, it was stupidity. Enyeama that lost his mum or so and after the burial reported to camp just for oliseh to remove him as captain.
But he didn't carry oliseh along nah,
That his mother died, he just pulled out of the national team, only for him to come back and started asking for captain arm band

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Kog45(m): 12:02am On Jan 13
hstar:

But he didn't carry oliseh along nah,
That his mother died, he just pulled out of the national team, only for him to come back and started asking for captain arm band

Amaju Pinnick and Sunday Oliseh were aware of Enyeama mother's death...He didn't left camp for the burial but came to camp from the burial.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Cmanforall: 12:02am On Jan 13
Eaglernorwich:
Oliseh was a disciplinarian

From what Mikel said it seems there are cliques within the team. And that trend might have continued, even in the present Super Eagles.
There is a reason Musa is still invited amd made the captain. It seems he is a unifier in the team. Take him out, those with Foreign passports (Owobi, Troost, Lookman etc.) may want to lead. Those raised in Nigeria will also want to lead. Award winners may see themselves as superior, while looking down on those playing in lower leagues or Local leagues.

If Musa should not be the captain, I'd suggest Ndidi to take over. He seems calm and coordinated

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by hstar: 12:02am On Jan 13
Kog45:
Churchil Oliseh not Sunday Oliseh
Same oliseh brother that was banned by our national team, right?
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ojojonkembu: 12:03am On Jan 13
Truly he destroyed that team, imagine telling someone (enyeama) that went to bury his mother that he reported late to camp.that is where our goalkeeping problem started till date,because enyeama did not did not pass the hurdle to the younger goalkeepers in the right way,because of his misunderstanding with olise.his clueless and jealous attitude made him not to last long in all the European clubs he coached.imagine bring a team from 2nd division to top division (fortuna sittard)and got sacked.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by hstar: 12:03am On Jan 13
rickleye:

Still didn’t read in all that why he was a bad manager. Was it tactics or ego management or training issues ?
Man management skills
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Kog45(m): 12:05am On Jan 13
hstar:

Same oliseh brother that was banned by our national team, right?
Yes Sunday Oliseh senior brother the founder of FC Ebiede
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Stanbaba30: 12:08am On Jan 13
mcmbonu:
I’m just waiting for Sunday Oliseh’s response after Mikel’s shellacking. Let me camp on his TL

Let's do a Vote

Like for Mike
Share for Oliseh
Share fire..! Oliseh was a power drunk fellow even when he didn't know he had no power. My pain was how he made Enyeama end his career. I believe even Oliseh regrets it when he thinks about the whole thing. He literally killed a good company of Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by hstar: 12:08am On Jan 13
Kog45:
Amaju Pinnick and Sunday Oliseh were aware of Enyeama mother's death...He didn't left camp for the burial but came to camp from the burial.
No o

I had enyeama and oliseh's side of the story in their different interviews

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by rickleye: 12:12am On Jan 13
hstar:

Man management skills

Thanks. But still does that make him a terrible coach alone

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Dreambeat: 12:20am On Jan 13
Oliseh was an idiot. It was written all over him

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Blazebond(m): 12:42am On Jan 13
Oliseh record as super eagles manager is super good,the guy wanted to instill discipline in the super eagles but the players as usual displayed their usual arrogance and as for this mikel ehn,nigga thinks he is even good enough to lace olisehs boot shebi,I nor blame am,na because them drogba carry am join body win trophies nau.

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Blazebond(m): 12:46am On Jan 13
Emperormartin:
Without you saying it we know you're saying the truth...

Oliseh was trying to prove to Nigerians that he was "the perfect perfectionist"

But the image he was trying to create destroyed him even till today...

Enyeama, Mikel even emenike have More legendary status in super eagles than him

Legendary status tear your mouth there,he is the coach and has the right to make decisions that will benefit the team,those players where misbehaving and he rightly tried to put them in check.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Iluvmycontr3: 1:08am On Jan 13
tommykiwi:
Mikel calm down, allow sleeping dog to lie.

Always very blunt in his narratives, and I have never seen where he ( Mikel Obi ) assisted any fellow Nigerian.

#They should borrow a leaf from Ahmed Musa.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ViceGovernor: 1:09am On Jan 13
durovic:
The guy should have remained a pundit
Even his pun-ditary was laced with bitterness and hate....he will just sit down and attack any player he doesn't like

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by emmabest2000(m): 1:22am On Jan 13
tommykiwi:
Mikel calm down, allow sleeping dog to lie.

The truth is always bitter

That mumu Sunday dramatically send our National Team backward during his management period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Felix6: 2:23am On Jan 13
Kog45:
But Sunday Oliseh have moral justification to rant on how Mikel was poor and Ndidi is a better player.
Absolute nonsense! If mikel feels berated with such comparison over a career that is done, dead, buried and dusted; a proportionate response like comparing him (Sunday) to Keita sani, would have been enough. But again like a coward he has to drag Vincent and host of other players into it. Parrot Boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:25am On Jan 13
Eaglernorwich:
Oliseh was a disciplinarian
And a wickedinarian. angry

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by casualobserver: 2:59am On Jan 13
frankblinkz:
Dude spoke his mind

It's what it is.
Mikel remains a legend in the history of football as an African.

Mikel is a nitwit! ….an Uncle Tom!

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by casualobserver: 3:01am On Jan 13
Jackiedemie:
I think Mikel is talking too much these days. Anywhere, it's their matter not ours

Trying to please his white masters.

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by casualobserver: 3:02am On Jan 13
YesGodcan:
Mikel Obi is annoying for God's sake shocked

The level hate has for anything Nigeria is beyond description.

At least I am Not the only one who has noticed this Mikel has an inferiority complex.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Igboslayer: 3:05am On Jan 13
First shot fired... Until Oliseh reply. Won't say much.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by onuman: 4:45am On Jan 13
Oliseh suffered inferiority complex. That's what induced him unprovoked to talk about himself not being Igbo man. No Igbo asked him to become Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by gadgethead: 4:51am On Jan 13
DarkJeddi:
I've known Oliseh for 31 years..
Fought Amokachi for the Captain's band..
Fought and insult a Minister as a player.
He got booted out for gross misconduct as a Super Eagles player.
Vile piece of sh1t!
By the way, his younger brother was banned for life,from Nigerian National Teams for gross misconduct and insubordination..
So obviously it is a family trait.
So yeah, I know a thing or two about that piece of work..

His big brother Churchill was a cool dude though
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by onuman: 4:52am On Jan 13
frankblinkz:
Dude spoke his mind

It's what it is.
Mikel remains a legend in the history of football as an African.

And Mikel is also a tested gentleman. The first time I read Mikel pick on anyone.
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by perdollar(m): 4:55am On Jan 13
Picnic said he was the Guardiola of Africa. Oliseh is just a sadist and overrated bamboo
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:17am On Jan 13
Emperormartin:

Lets not forget that he was also part of the SE "Mafia" power bloc that could frustrate players and coaches alike, back in his day.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by yinkeys(m): 5:28am On Jan 13
Emperormartin:

I can tell you never watched Oliseh play
He scored one of the best Nigerian goals ever at an international competition
Go watch Nigeria versus Spain highlights in France 98
Maybe you’d have a change of heart.
He is Nigerias best 4 of all time
He was probably one of the best 4 in the world in the 90’s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by pendusky(m): 5:30am On Jan 13
Okeatu:
How does this concern us?

Definitely not for GenZ, this information will make some bloggers rich...

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by OtuologyProf(m): 5:34am On Jan 13
YesGodcan:
Mikel Obi is annoying for God's sake shocked

The level hate has for anything Nigeria is beyond description.

Na Russia puna cause am.
en dey constantly Putin his dik in a fresh Russian puna, I don't vladmire him for that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Uzomobile82(m): 5:34am On Jan 13
I am waiting for Mikel as a professional coach

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / AFCON 2019: Adama Niane Sent Home For Slapping Team Captain / Alex Iwobi’s E Class Convertible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.