Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking (1404 Views)

Abba Kyari Cocaine Trafficking Allegation: NDLEA's Full Statement / Two Nigerian Arrested For Cocaine Trafficking In Malawi / Nigerian Arrested With Girlfriend For Cocaine Dealing In Thailand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Salewa97: 4:52am On Jan 13
The Central Crime Branch (CCB) Police recovered Rs 12 lakh from seven different accounts of a Nigerian drug peddler arrested in November 2023. The money was recovered from 38-year-old accused Piter Ikedi Belonwu who was accepting Unified Payments Interface (UPI) payments for drugs he supplied in the city.

“An African national was arrested in November from Vidyaranyapuram Police station limits. The police seized drugs and passports from him and recovered Rs 12 lakh from seven different bank accounts,” B Dayananda, Bengaluru Police Commissioner said.

The money was recovered from the accused under the various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act and Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (SAFEMA) Act. The Police Commissioner said that it was the first time in the country the police used different sections of the NDPS and SAFEMA Act to recover money from a foreign drug peddler.

“For the first time in the country, the Bengaluru CCB Police have recovered illegal money from a foreign drug peddler under column 5(A) and column 68 (E&F) of NDPS and SAFEMA Acts,” the Bengaluru Police Commissioner said.

The accused arrived in India on a medical visa

Piter Ikedi Belonwu arrived in India in 2018 on a medical Visa. He married a woman from Manipur in 2022. He was accepting payments to seven different bank accounts including two accounts which were in his wife’s name.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Salewa97: 4:55am On Jan 13
Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by coputa(m): 4:57am On Jan 13
Crime doesn't pay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Salewa97: 5:00am On Jan 13
coputa:
Crime doesn't pay.

I think the drug business is booming in India and some Nigerians are using the “get rich or die” mentality to make what they can make out of it.

At 38 years, he will be condemned to prison and other people will now enjoy the fruit of his hard labor.
Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by seunmsg(m): 5:12am On Jan 13
coputa:
Crime doesn't pay.

Well, people who get away with it get to flaunt rich mansions on social media which then put so much pressure on others to also go into crime in a desperate move to get rich at all cost irrespective of the damage to the society. There is a crime culture among the Nigerians doing this drug trafficking thing that we all need to address. Sadly, that discussion has now been muddled up.

11 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by coputa(m): 5:14am On Jan 13
Salewa97:

I think the drug business is booming in India and some Nigerians are using the “get rich or die” mentality to make what they can make out of it.

At 38 years, he will be condemned to prison and other people will now enjoy the fruit of his hard labor.

Yes India unlike Singapore has not yet pass a death legislation on any drug offense, hence, nigerians drug Lords see there as a haven

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Salewa97: 5:18am On Jan 13
coputa:
Yes India unlike Singapore has not yet pass a death legislation on any drug offense, hence, nigerians drug Lords see it as a haven

You’re correct.

Until India take a stance, these things won’t stop.

Almost every year, over 1000 Nigerians are arrested in India alone for drug trafficking and yet it does not seems like it is going to stop soon.

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by coputa(m): 5:22am On Jan 13
Salewa97:

You’re correct.

Until India take a stance, these things won’t stop.

Almost every year, over 1000 Nigerians are arrested in India alone for drug trafficking and yet it does not seems like it is going to stop soon.

They keep joining the business not being mindful of the risk involved because of the high rewards.I think nigerians make 90,% o prisoners in India they should introduce death sentence as punishment and they will all run away.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Forumites: 5:55am On Jan 13
Nairaland is getting sanitized. You know what I mean and I love it.

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by knotty(m): 6:00am On Jan 13
Forumites:
Nairaland is getting sanitized. You know what I mean and I love it.

Because folks are just peeping and leaving?
Don't worry.
They have affirmed what they needed to affirm. That's all.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Armaggedon: 6:54am On Jan 13
How many of this people are actually convicted?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Writer50: 6:55am On Jan 13
Is not a new something,more are yet to be arrested

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by adedayoa2(f): 6:57am On Jan 13
And they want them to respect our passport, never.
Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by SoNature(m): 7:01am On Jan 13
I have repeatedly maintained that the Nigerian government should ban Nigérians from travelling to Asian countries from Nigeria if they have no track record of going for education, business or medical reasons. These lunatics are disgracing our passport!

Imagine the level of commotion and bragging he would have caused on social media if he succeeded in selling those illicit drugs.

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by beerfraud: 7:08am On Jan 13
I love Indonesia on one thing
Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by tommy589(m): 7:19am On Jan 13
SoNature:
I have repeatedly maintained that the Nigerian government should ban Nigérians from travelling to Asian countries from Nigeria if they have no track record of going for education, business or medical reasons. These lunatics are disgracing our passport!

Imagine the level of commotion and bragging he would have caused on social media if he succeeded in selling those illicit drugs.

This one got a medical visa and decided to explore other possibilities

1 Like

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by NaMe4: 7:32am On Jan 13
Toh! Happy stay in India. You don be permanent resident.

Thankfully, these ones no dey mete out capital punishment.

This definitely goes beyond economic hardship as a causative factor and the trend seems to get worse. Just within one week, at least 3 cases have been reported here.
Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by DesChyko: 7:42am On Jan 13
seunmsg:
Sadly, that discussion has now been muddled up.

It is not a sad thing. It is a good thing. This space is 70% toxin free as a result of the 'muddling up'.

Use your productive youthful energy in impacting the society in the long run, not quick ejaculations here and there!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Nonexisting1: 8:09am On Jan 13
beerfraud:
I love Indonesia on one thing
I understand your frustrations. E be like who wan shyt but no see toilet. The frustrations and struggles to hold it back no be here. Say no to tribalism.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by seunmsg(m): 8:15am On Jan 13
DesChyko:

It is not a sad thing. It is a good thing. This space is 70% toxin free as a result of the 'muddling up'.

Use your productive youthful energy in impacting the society in the long run, not quick ejaculations here and there!

Of course, anything to preserve the crime culture and allow folks to destroy lives all in the name of making money at all cost is good to find los like you. So yes, I’m not expecting you to see things differently.

9 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by beerfraud: 8:25am On Jan 13
Nonexisting1:
I understand your frustrations. E be like who wan shyt but no see toilet. The frustrations and struggles to hold it back no be here. Say no to tribalism.
what is my love for Indonesia got to do with tribalism?

5 Likes

Re: Photo: Another Nigerian Arrested In India For Cocaine Trafficking by Yourprick: 8:36am On Jan 13
Ok

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obedients To Takeover The Enugu State House Of Assembly Complex / Video Of Minister Of Power Blasting Nigerians For Using Refrigerators / Government Should Provide Food and Shelter First!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.