Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,813 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Should My Friend Retract His Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Should My Friend Retract His Money (556 Views)

I Ate His Money And He Didn't Even See My Pants - Lady / She Need A Guy To Date her Who Is Good In Bed. I Dont Need His Money / No HIV: Nigerian Man Who Squandered His Money On South African Women, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should My Friend Retract His Money by Elegantspiker(m): 6:49am On Jan 13
Yesterday, my friend who runs a highly patronized POS shop lost 97k.

His attendant, a teenage girl balanced account at the end of the day with a deficit attuned to that amount.

We started tracing equivalent amounts in the transaction history to know the cause of the error.

There was then a 120k deposit transaction. According to her, that's where the error stemmed. She said it was actually 100k she was to deposit. So that means 20k is presumed the missing amount right? However, 97k is the amount missing. Morever, there's no conviction of sureness in her demeanor. At first, she even refuted carrying out a transaction of up to 100k until we showed her from the terminal.

From all pointers, she did someone a deposit of 120k instead of 12k.

The beneficiary account is MFY - Newedge/J... which is a loan shark account. This implies that the customer was servicing a loan with the transaction.

Gurus in the block, is there anyway my friend can get his money back? Who should he contact? Through what means?
Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by correctyourself(m): 7:23am On Jan 13
Elegantspiker:
Yesterday, my friend who runs a highly patronized POS shop lost 97k.

His attendant, a teenage girl balanced account at the end of the day with a deficit attuned to that amount.

We started tracing equivalent amounts in the transaction history to know the cause of the error.

There was then a 120k deposit transaction. According to her, that's where the error stemmed. She said it was actually 100k she was to deposit. So that means 20k is presumed the missing amount right? However, 97k is the amount missing. Morever, there's no conviction of sureness in her demeanor. At first, she even refuted carrying out a transaction of up to 100k until we showed her from the terminal.

From all pointers, she did someone a deposit of 120k instead of 12k.

The beneficiary account is MFY - Newedge/J... which is a loan shark account. This implies that the customer was servicing a loan with the transaction.

Gurus in the block, is there anyway my friend can get his money back? Who should he contact? Through what means?

First of all meet the person that ask for the deposit and he will ask the loan company to return balance and it would be done
Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by Elegantspiker(m): 7:40am On Jan 13
correctyourself:

First of all meet the person that ask for the deposit and he will ask the loan company to return balance and it would be done
It was an unknown customer
Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by jogsman01(m): 7:42am On Jan 13
From all indications, you haven't gotten the root source of the transaction. 120-12=108. Which doesn't amount to 97k. You should hold the girl responsible.

1 Like

Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by fontpro(m): 8:36am On Jan 13
GET ANY MONEY YOU TRANSFER BACK. NO HIDING PLACE FOR FRAUD IN NIGERIA ANYMORE.

In case you mistakenly transferred Money to the wrong account and the account refused to refund your money, the owner blocked you,
or you are duped through your bank account and then later realize that you have been scammed.
Or is it a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating...

FOR HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER -

Please read this carefully and share.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you'll do when you realize the person you paid for a service or goods is avoiding you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) and copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), and ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the bank you wrongly paid to and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) and also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspect's account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened nor will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visits the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police, and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavor to Share with Friends and Family because you never can tell who it might help.
Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by Elegantspiker(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13
At around 12noon today, the teenage girl's sense came back and she recalled exactly what had happened. Like we pressumed, she was to transfer 12k for someone but she did 120k by mistake. And as earlier stated, the actual amount missing after a concise check showed us 108k and not 97k.

Kindly enough, she even recalled it was a nearby neighbour who sent a little kid to carry out the transaction.

Now, we reach out to the sender. She also met with the agents of the loan, it's actually Easybuy. They requested for statement of account from our end. However, they said they'll forward it to the Lagos head office on Monday because they are off on weekends.

Thanks for your inputs
Re: How Should My Friend Retract His Money by Foodqueen(f): 6:39pm On Jan 13
All those loan shark sef thief pass everybody.

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't We Have Creative Nairalanders / Sold!! Clean Samsung Galaxy Tab / Taller Or Shorter Than You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.