Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

What Should I Do - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do (43899 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do by Bongadu: 10:59am On Jan 13
I impregnated my ex girlfriend when I was young and relocated because at time I was young and stupid, I gave her money for abortion but she disagreed on removing it , so I had no choice but to flee as I was irresponsible and poor
My ex girlfriend put to bed months after I left and raised the child living with her parents
I relocated back last year December , I'm trying to get back with my daughter but my ex won't let me be near me even I want to take responsibility and care for my daughter
She's getting me frustrated, I'm thinking of suing her for not letting me be a presence in my daughter's life

16 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Zonefree(m): 11:15am On Jan 13
I'm thinking of suing her for not letting me be a presence in my daughter's life

Small pikin talk.

509 Likes 27 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Nazgul: 11:39am On Jan 13
Maybe it's better if you just stay away from them completely.

How can you just appear from nowhere after absconding for years, and the first thing you want to do is to collect your daughter from her mom, like who does that, for you to even expect the mom to hand her over to you after struggling to raise her all these years, shows that you're a shallow thinker.

If you want your daughter, go back and become friends with her mom (your ex) get her gifts, take them out... etc, and when you've succeeded in making know that you actually do care, you'll have easier access to your daughter. That's how it's done.

497 Likes 35 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by mariahAngel(f): 11:53am On Jan 13
Op, how long ago was that (when you got her pregnant)?
How old is the child (your daughter) now?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by crackhaus: 11:58am On Jan 13
I want, I'm thinking, Me, Me, Me, I, I, I, I, I...

You're not ready to communicate yet.

261 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Lifeinlight: 11:58am On Jan 13
Lol, you no get pikin anywhere oga

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Switinthemiddle(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13
My story is almost the same with urs but the difference between us was that she told me she had gone for abortion but later called me up to tell me it didnt fall thru. I initially didnt want to come back home but after much pressure frm my family i came back. My family stood behind me and took care of her during her first few months. She and my mum literally became 5 and 6 even till now. I came back when she was like 7 months gone and i have never made a better decision in my life. After much begging and petting my babymama accepted me back and our relationship has healed as a result. I think parenthood has changed us both and our outlook on life. Everyday i look at my angel Vannessa and i just smile. She's the best gift God ever gave me.
so guy dont miss another day in your girl's life. E get y

233 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Switinthemiddle(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13
crackhaus:

As in ehn. Still thinking like a single man. Gee u be family man now

13 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by mariahAngel(f): 12:09pm On Jan 13
crackhaus:

See how fatherhood has changed you.

If na before ehn... cheesy

13 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Bongadu: 1:21pm On Jan 13
Nazgul:
Maybe it's better if you just stay away from them completely.

How can you just appear from nowhere after absconding for years, and the first thing you want to do is to collect your daughter from her mom, like who does that, for you to even expect the mom to hand her over to you after struggling to raise her all these years, shows that you're a shallow thinker.

If you want your daughter, go back and become friends with her mom (your ex) get her gifts, take them out... etc, and when you've succeeded in making know that you actually do care, you'll have easier access to your daughter. That's how it's done.

I've tried to be friends but she won't agree

Sending her money , she refuses

Buying gifts for my daughter, she says no

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Bongadu: 1:22pm On Jan 13
mariahAngel:
Op, how long ago was that (when you got her pregnant)?
How old is the child (your daughter) now?

I was 25

My daughter's 7 years old

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Bongadu: 1:24pm On Jan 13
crackhaus:

English wasn't my first language

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should I Do by Justkatty(f): 1:26pm On Jan 13
Wahala wahala wahala!!!!
But why are some men shallow minded?

You were smart enough to abscond,so you won't buy food Pampers and medication, so why coming back again?

Most times people think they can be smarter than the universe 🤣

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by mariahAngel(f): 1:36pm On Jan 13
Bongadu:

I was 25

You see? A lot has happened since then that money and gifts cannot just make up for.
There's a lot you don't know.

You'd have to have pray about it (while making the effort), and have patience, hoping your child's mother will come around (to letting you be in the child's life) eventually.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Nazgul: 1:50pm On Jan 13
Bongadu:
I've tried to be friends but she won't agree

Sending her money , she refuses

Buying gifts for my daughter, she says no
Are you ready to get married to her? If yes, take an elderly person from your side to go and meet her parents to apologize. Her parents would call her and resolve the matter. And you'll have your daughter and a wife. Case close.

If no, let her be. You can be calling and sending her messages once in a while to soften her up. If she insists that she doesn't want you in her life, there's nothing you can do than to move on.

Going to court would just be a waste of time and money for you, cos how on Earth would you explain to members of the jury that you want to claim a child whom you abandoned for years. And expect them to reach a favourable Verdict for you to claim her. Knowing fully well that if you get married tomorrow, your new wife might start maltreating her. It's impossible. You'd loose miserably.

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13
Mumu,you ran away and you are back thinking everywhere go soft.oga na small small.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by DBestDoc(f): 10:17pm On Jan 13
Bongadu:
I impregnated my ex girlfriend when I was young and relocated because at time I was young and stupid, I gave her money for abortion but she disagreed on removing it , so I had no choice but to flee as I was irresponsible and poor
My ex girlfriend put to bed months after I left and raised the child living with her parents
I relocated back last year December , I'm trying to get back with my daughter but my ex won't let me be near me even I want to take responsibility and care for my daughter
She's getting me frustrated, I'm thinking of suing her for not letting me be a presence in my daughter's life

After 7 yrs?
You’re a very funny Man.

My suggestion to your question is to go look for a wife and marry so you can make your own children and take care of them as a father should.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by TheWinterBird(f): 11:24pm On Jan 13
Bongadu:

I was 25

You've audacity ooo. This is a child you wanted her to kill and whom you abandoned for 7-years. And you just paraded back into their lives in December (which was just two weeks ago) expecting her to allow you to see her and saying you want to sue her. The heck?! Is she not the one who ought to sue you?! Not to mention the 7-years of child support you're owing her. Your audacity is something else.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by GboyegaD(m): 12:03am On Jan 14
mariahAngel:

You see? A lot has happened since then that money and gifts cannot just make up for.
There's a lot you don't know.

You'd have to have pray about it (while making the effort), and have patience, hoping your child's mother will come around (to letting you be in the child's life) eventually.

Is that enough to deny her of her father? She is not been fair to the daughter. I understand her pains but she needs look past that for the sake of her daughter.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by mariahAngel(f): 12:56am On Jan 14
GboyegaD:

Is that enough to deny her of her father?
She is not been fair to the daughter. I understand her pains but she needs look past that for the sake of her daughter.

He was never a father to the child.
He lost that right the day he gave money to have the child aborted.
Whatever chance he gets after that is by grace.

Only God knows why he wants the child now.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Ishilove: 2:55am On Jan 14
GboyegaD:

Is that enough to deny her of her father? She is not been fair to the daughter. I understand her pains but she needs look past that for the sake of her daughter.
Which 'father'? The OP is a sperm donor and he no longer has any rights over that child. What he should be seeking is the 'privilege' to be a part of the child's life. After been absent for 7 years, he now wants to waltz back to continue from where he stopped. It has been less than a month and he is already talking about suing.

What was he expecting? That she'll spread her wrapper on the floor for him and wave a banner with "WELCOME BACK" boldy written on it?

His line of thought has given an insight into his character; that he is a selfish, self centered and self entitled individual.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Karleb(m): 4:12am On Jan 14
You need to beg for her forgiveness son.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Stevenbright(m): 5:34am On Jan 14
You are still not serious yet. Through out those years, you didn't try to get in touch with the woman and start building a foundation of responsibility and care towards her and the child which would have made your having access to the child easier now that you are back.

You are still self-centered because you didn't even said anything about the woman. Is she married now or still single? Is she having more children now? Is there a possibility of both of you coming together as husband and a wife? etc.

You have to be patient and gradually soften the ground until the woman and her family decides to consider your request.

14 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by jmoore(m): 8:59am On Jan 14
You don do DNA test to confirm you are the father?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by frozen70(f): 8:59am On Jan 14
Bongadu:

You came back to fight her and her family and not to make peace to have access to your child

You said you were clueless and stupid as at the time you impregnated her and you run away

What makes you think you are now matured enough to understand that you shattered her heart while she was pregnant for you and abandoned her

And now you came back to claim what you denied yourself access to

If you think you are now man enough to face reality,
Start by making peace with her mum

Start by penetrating her heart in which ever soft way you can

Start by humbling yourself to face her and her family

You really dealth with her and she is highly prepared to frustrate any stupid method you will use

Bear in mind that women don't forget who stab their hearts especially in this kind of stupid things you did by abandoning her when both of them needed you more

If you like go to court or police station

You will be humiliated and disgraced even before you will be giving audience and yet you will never ever have that child

Go and start afresh to know how she will find it possible for her to forgive you

Then before you can even request to see your child

Next time you will face what you brought upon yourself

24 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Ishilove: 2:20pm On Jan 14
jmoore:
You don do DNA test to confirm you are the father?
When you born your own you fit do DNA test on all of them.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by crackhaus: 7:52pm On Jan 14
mariahAngel:

See how fatherhood has changed you.

If na before ehn... cheesy
Fine girl, hawayu?

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Oyindidi(f): 8:44pm On Jan 14
Sue your English teacher before suing her.

Go back to where you're coming from and leave the mother and child alone.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Bongadu: 8:49pm On Jan 14
Oyindidi:
Sue your English teacher before suing her.

Go back to where you're coming from and leave the mother and child alone.

It's my child , I've the right to be her father

I don't want my daughter to grow up without a father

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do by Stevenbright(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14
Bongadu:

The number of years you left the lady and the child without any care, was there a father figure in her life?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Should I Do by Oyindidi(f): 9:00pm On Jan 14
Bongadu:

You have refused to grow up. Point of correction you are a sperm donor, thanks for your act of kindness now move on, I believe you don't know the name of the child. Oga mechonu gi there!

34 Likes

Re: What Should I Do by Oyindidi(f): 9:00pm On Jan 14
Stevenbright:

The number of years you left the lady and the child without any care, was there a father figure in her life?
Don't mind him

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.