Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

TB Joshua: The Church And The Times - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua: The Church And The Times (1328 Views)

TB Joshua: The Nigerian Outsider Who Became A Global Televangelist Star - BBC / TB Joshua, The Synagogue And Conspiracies / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Moshybear(f): 10:42am On Jan 22
ocnovakmichael:
Kobojunkie,

Like I said, I couldn't agree with you more. But God is able to make a man, mocked by world, stand!
Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Listen and learn! Close your ears to this and be confounded!

Jesus is Lord!

Lol he's obviously an agent of Satan

Very glaring

But our Lord Jesus Christ has won the battle forever smiley
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jan 22
Temitope Balogun Joshua should be investigated and tried in the courts. The Criminal justice system is well able to find him innocent or guilty. No reason why his gods ---- sango, Obatala, Orunmila, etc., since he was a Nigerian--- need be dragged in the mud for his sake.
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:04pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
Temitope Balogun Joshua should be investigated and tried in the courts. The Criminal justice system is well able to find him innocent or guilty. No reason why his gods ---- sango, Obatala, Orunmila, etc., since he was a Nigerian--- need be dragged in the mud for his sake.

Here you are again disgracing yourself. You left the discussion after asking you a very simple question

https://www.nairaland.com/7968748/ajoke-lied-she-not-biological/5
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 4:28pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie,

I'm not an ignorant man you know. I had my BSc in Statistics from IMSU and a Master's degree in Applied Statistics in UI.

BBC televised a documentary that is in path true. You see a documentary entails a record presented objectively and succinctly without the insertion of fictional allusion.

When a objectively analyse what BBC presented as a conjecture for the public to consume and ruminate, we could find evidence of concocted fictional allusions with no corresponding basis.
I'd encourage you to rewatch that documentary with a keen sense of objectively dissecting truth from fiction, truth from lies. And the remainder is left to God.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Jan 22
ocnovakmichael:
, I'm not an ignorant man you know. I had my BSc in Statistics from IMSU and a Master's degree in Applied Statistics in UI. BBC televised a documentary that is in path true. You see a documentary entails a record presented objectively and succinctly without the insertion of fictional allusion. When a objectively analyse what BBC presented as a conjecture for the public to consume and ruminate, we could find evidence of concocted fictional allusions with no corresponding basis.
■ I'd encourage you to rewatch that documentary with a keen sense of objectively dissecting truth from fiction, truth from lies. And the remainder is left to God.
The statement in bold is utter bullsheet and comes from one who claims to be a graduate revealing your disconnect from objectivity in this case. All the documentary did was reveal that there are out there those who believe themselves victims of the man and would like to see him held accountable for the atrocities he supposedly committed against them. That's it! BBC only provided to them a platform to air their grievances and nothing else. undecided

2. Nonsense! This is a case for the Criminal Justice System, not for you to judge. And Stop dragging the mentions of God, be it the gods of this man or any others, into the mud. The Law is there for all to submit to.. undecided
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 4:52pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold is utter bullsheet and comes from one who claims to be a graduate revealing your disconnect from objectivity in this case. All the documentary did was reveal that there are out there those who believe themselves victims of the man and would like to see him held accountable for the atrocities he supposedly committed against them. That's it! BBC only provided to them a platform to air their grievances and nothing else. undecided

2. Nonsense! This is a case for the Criminal Justice System, not for you to judge. And Stop dragging the mentions of God, be it the gods of this man or any others, into the mud. The Law is there for all to submit to.. undecided

Kobojunkie,

All your statements are true; and I couldn't agree with you more. All I said in my comment was: remove the truths from the lies and hold fast to that which is good.
The Bible teaches we must prove all things including Spirits and ministries, then hold fast to that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:21-28 KJV
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good...

Put slightly differently, prove TB Joshua, the documentary not withstanding, hold fast to that which is good.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Jan 22
ocnovakmichael:
All your statements are true; and I couldn't agree with you more. All I said in my comment was: remove the truths from the lies and hold fast to that which is good. Put slightly differently, prove TB Joshua, the documentary not withstanding, hold fast to that which is good.
What meaningless gibberish is this? undecided

Stop quoting Paul's opinions which you have no clear understanding of! That man, Paul, has probably been rolling in his grave ever since the religion of Christianity laid hands on his discarded letters and began using his words to perpetrate what amounts to foolishness, dragging the God of Israel in the mud as a result. undecided
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
What meaningless gibberish is this? undecided

Stop quoting Paul's opinions which you have no clear understanding of! That man, Paul, has probably been rolling in his grave ever since the religion of Christianity laid hands on his discarded letters and began using his words to perpetrate what amounts to foolishness, dragging the God of Israel in the mud as a result. undecided

Kobojunkie,

I understand as well as agree with you wholeheartedly.
You see, TB Joshua, his faults not withstanding, did a great good to myriad of Nigerians. I chose to see the good side of him because love sees the very best in others.
1 Corinthians 13:7-8
[7] [Love] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
[8]Love never faileth...

You may see the bad side of him, which is okay, yet I opt to see the good in him. Florence Scovel Shinn amply put it best, "No one is a failure if one person sees one as successful."

So I ask you, kobojunkie, this question: am I wrong to see the good in TB Joshua?
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jan 22
ocnovakmichael:
You may see the bad side of him, which is okay, yet I opt to see the good in him. Florence Scovel Shinn amply put it best, "No one is a failure if one person sees one as successful." So I ask you, kobojunkie, this question: am I wrong to see the good in TB Joshua?
See this one! Paul never advised you to see good in man lest you make a liar of him again. The God you've been desperately trying to roll into this matter warned that cursed is any man who puts his trust in man and makes flesh and blood his source of strength. So, what is this good you pretend to see in ordinary men that you are so desperate to drag even the God of Israel in the mud for? undecided

Of course, I understand if people like Scovel Shinn are gods to you. The good you claim to see in men would make so much sense then. undecided
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
See this one! Paul never advised you to see good in man lest you make a liar of him again. The God you've been desperately trying to roll into this matter warned that cursed is any man who puts his trust in man and makes flesh and blood his source of strength. So, what is this good you pretend to see in ordinary men that you are so desperate to drag even the God of Israel in the mud for? undecided

Of course, I understand if people like Scovel Shinn are gods to you. The good you claim to see in men would make so much sense then. undecided

Kobojunkie,

The way I chose to see the good in you, that is how I opt to see the good in TB Joshua, his faults notwithstanding.
There is a saying that the evil in man is equal to the opportunity to use it. Yet, this saying is countered by the notion that the good in man will ultimately dispel the evil hands of perdition.

Kobojunkie, the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves that we are underling. Put somewhat differently, man is a product of fate. Yet, man could predict his own fate.

I see good in TB Joshua and I see good in you Kobojunkie. Now I ask you for the second time am I wrong to see the good in both of you, your faults notwithstanding? Am I wrong in opting not to see the faults in both you?

1 Corinthians 13:5
[5] [Love] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Jan 22
ocnovakmichael:
■The way I chose to see the good in you, that is how I opt to see the good in TB Joshua, his faults notwithstanding. There is a saying that the evil in man is equal to the opportunity to use it. Yet, this saying is countered by the notion that the good in man will ultimately dispel the evil hands of perdition.
■the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves that we are underling. Put somewhat differently, man is a product of fate. Yet, man could predict his own fate. I see good in TB Joshua and I see good in you. Now I ask you for the second time am I wrong to see the good in both of you, your faults notwithstanding? Am I wrong in opting not to see the faults in both you? [/b]
The problem with folks such as yourself is you try to drag God down to your level in an attempt to justify what is a mere personal choice on your part.

Nothing wrong with choosing to see good in men. Heck, you are free to worship them as you please. You are free to choose to live that way if you wish. The problem arises however the movement you drag God's mention down into what is you, making a ridicule of him as a result. lipsrsealed

2. I don't give a flying fk in whom you choose to worship among men. Just stop dragging God's mention into it thereby making a liar of him for your ego's sake. Simple! undecided
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 11:00pm On Jan 22
Kobojunkie:
The problem with folks such as yourself is you try to drag God down to your level in an attempt to justify what is a mere personal choice on your part.

Nothing wrong with choosing to see good in men. Heck, you are free to worship them as you please. You are free to choose to live that way if you wish. The problem arises however the movement you drag God's mention down into what is you, making a ridicule of him as a result. lipsrsealed

2. I don't give a flying fk in whom you choose to worship among men. Just stop dragging God's mention into it thereby making a liar of him for your ego's sake. Simple! undecided

Dear Kobojunkie,

You see, there is more to life than meets the eye. There is an African proverb which says, "It takes a village to raise a child." If TB Joshua is guilty of every wrong leveled against him, then he must have had accomplices. Everyone of those witnesses on BBC should be prosecuted as well because they were accessories to crimes perpetrated in convert activism.
I'm not here to adjudicate who's right or wrong, TB Joshua or BBC. All I'm saying is this, when we talk about the wrong deeds of a man, we should talk about his good deeds as well to balance up the conjecture. There is a proverb which both underlies and buttress my last statement, and that is, "One man's meat is another man's poison."
Remember, the same people who called Jesus Rabbi (a teacher) are those same people who said crucify him (a thief).

So while the likes of you see the evil in TB Joshua, men like us look past his faults and frailties and see the light behind the cave.
In the long run, I choose to see the good in you, Kobojunkie, and the good in TB Joshua. Because only love sees beyond faults: it sees success.
1 Corinthians 13:8
[8] Love never faileth...

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 12:35am On Jan 23
Love never fails....
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 6:12am On Jan 23
budaatum:

And alive.
Kobojunkie,

It is mighty easy to see the evil in man than to see the good in the man. Albert Einstein gave a practical demonstration of this. At one time Einstein was teaching a class and he wrote on the blackboard
9*5 = 45
9*6 = 54
9*7= 63
9*8 = 72
9*9 = 81
9*10 = 90
9* 11 = 99
9*12 = 108
9*13 = 115
When Einstein was done, he turned and found the whole class laughing in rapid convulsion. He asked the students what's funny? One of them stood up and said, " Prof Einstein, you gave the world a mathematical equation that led to the production of Atomic Bomb, yet you could not calculate simple 9*13."
Einstein looked at the whole class and that cocky student and said, "Of all the mathematical equations I have proposed none have you celebrated with laughter and glee, but one little mistake on a blackboard you criticize me."

This is how the world's system operate. You can't escape a host of eyes waiting to pounce on you at the very least mistake, yet ignoring the days of your glory.
In other words, I'm not in any way advocating we exonerate TB Joshua because of his good works. Yet, while we are talking about his evil nature we should also, with the same stream of air in our vocal cord, talk about his good nature. Is this too hard to ask?

I Know you don't imply to mock God.

One of Roman's finest emperors Marcus Aurelius once had a servant who at certain time whisper into his ear, "You're just a man. You're just a man."

Now I understand your not being in agreement with TB Joshua but be careful lest your notion imply mocking God : you are only a man.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by 1TrippleCee: 9:57am On Jan 24
ocnovakmichael:
Kobojunkie,

It is mighty easy to see the evil in man than to see the good in the man. Albert Einstein gave a practical demonstration of this. At one time Einstein was teaching a class and he wrote on the blackboard
9*5 = 45
9*6 = 54
9*7= 63
9*8 = 72
9*9 = 81
9*10 = 90
9* 11 = 99
9*12 = 108
9*13 = 115
When Einstein was done, he turned and found the whole class laughing in rapid convulsion. He asked the students what's funny? One of them stood up and said, " Prof Einstein, you gave the world a mathematical equation that led to the production of Atomic Bomb, yet you could not calculate simple 9*13."
Einstein looked at the whole class and that cocky student and said, "Of all the mathematical equations I have proposed none have you celebrated with laughter and glee, but one little mistake on a blackboard you criticize me."

This is how the world's system operate. You can't escape a host of eyes waiting to pounce on you at the very least mistake, yet ignoring the days of your glory.
In other words, I'm not in any way advocating we exonerate TB Joshua because of his good works. Yet, while we are talking about his evil nature we should also, with the same stream of air in our vocal cord, talk about his good nature. Is this too hard to ask?

I Know you don't imply to mock God.

One of Roman's finest emperors Marcus Aurelius once had a servant who at certain time whisper into his ear, "You're just a man. You're just a man."

Now I understand your not being in agreement with TB Joshua but be careful lest your notion imply mocking God : you are only a man.

Jesus is Lord!

TB Joshua is a Satanist and a Shaman. Go and google up and read about Shamanistic practice, ritual and upgrade your spiritual knowledge bank. We do not need diviners, sorcerers, warlocks in our Father's kingdom
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 1:41pm On Jan 24
1TrippleCee:

TB Joshua is a Satanist and a Shaman. Go and google up and read about Shamanistic practice, ritual and upgrade your spiritual knowledge bank. We do not need diviners, sorcerers, warlocks in our Father's kingdom

Did you know when Jesus walked the earth, the people of that day said the exact same thing you just deposited. They said Jesus was casting out demons by the finger of the devil.

Matthew 12:27-28
[27]And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
[28]But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

So I'm not surprise at all at your statement.
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by 1TrippleCee: 1:50pm On Jan 24
ocnovakmichael:

Did you know when Jesus walked the earth, the people of that day said the exact same thing you just deposited. They said Jesus was casting out demons by the finger of the devil.

Matthew 12:27-28
[27]And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
[28]But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

So I'm not surprise at all at your statement.

Go and learn to test the spirits first. I am not your spiritual mate. You should learn to be docile and teachable enough so you can learn from your spiritual senoirs not argue with/against them

If you have any clip where TB Joshua attributed his miracles to The HolySpirit, rather than his greatness, please share with me. Be careful about what you share cause i started watching TB Joshua and placed him under my radar since 1991 before i drew my conclusions by 2021
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:18pm On Jan 24
1TrippleCee:

Go and learn to test the spirits first. I am not your spiritual mate. You should learn to be docile and teachable enough so you can learn from your spiritual senoirs not argue with/against them

If you have any clip where TB Joshua attributed his miracles to The HolySpirit, rather than his greatness, please share with me. Be careful about what you share cause i started watching TB Joshua and placed him under my radar since 1991 before i drew my conclusions by 2021

Sir,
Let me start by asking you these questions: beside what you see on TV and on Newspaper, have you ever been to the SCOAN and hear TB Joshua preach? Have you ever heard him and read about him crediting his healing virtue to himself?
If you have no answers to those questions, then hear what the Bible teaches:
Proverbs 18:13
[13]He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Proverbs 10:18
[18]He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Now brother don't be a fool!
Think about it!!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:19pm On Jan 25
The law of contact and transmission imply the idea that every contact leaves a trace.
Indeed, the impact of TB Joshua amongst Nigerians has certainly left a trace: both the good and the bad.
I'm the end, the prerogative in on us to adjudicate correctly whether his impact for good outweighs his negative proclivities.

In view of this, I ask God to keep his sheep that they be not scattered.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 6:21am On Jan 26
Surely offences will come. But curse is upon the man through whom offences come.
Friend, I'd advise you take heed to the last statement, lest a far greater thing befall you.

You see, Saul his mistakes notwithstanding, David did not deem it fit to stretch his hands on him.
1 Samuel 24:6-7
[6]And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.
[7]So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way.

David was a man who feared God, and wouldn't touch God's anointed because he knew the consequences.

The Lord Jesus put it succinctly when he says:
Matthew 18:6-7
[6]But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
[7]Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Men and oracles of God may faulter, yet it is not in our place to slander them. Rather, it is not out of place to pray for them.
Ephesians 6:18-19
[18]Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
[19]And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Notice Paul crave the prayers of the saints: that utterance may be given him to preach the gospel.

Friend, instead of incurring cause unto ourselves by our slanderous words which we have spoken against TB Joshua, an oracles of God, let us pray for them to speak the gospel with boldness.
Here what the Spirit says:
Philippians 1:15-18
[15]Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
[16]The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
[17]But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
[18]What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by 1TrippleCee: 9:04am On Jan 26
ocnovakmichael:

Sir,
Let me start by asking you these questions: beside what you see on TV and on Newspaper, have you ever been to the SCOAN and hear TB Joshua preach? Have you ever heard him and read about him crediting his healing virtue to himself?
If you have no answers to those questions, then hear what the Bible teaches:
Proverbs 18:13
[13]He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Proverbs 10:18
[18]He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

Now brother don't be a fool!
Think about it!!

Zeal, but with little knowledge
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:40am On Jan 26
1TrippleCee:

Zeal, but with little knowledge

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps, I have little knowledge. However, the Bible teaches that we know in part. So if I have a little knowledge, I'm in line with the Bible.
1 Corinthians 13:9
[9]For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 5:54am On Jan 29
In the end, let love lead.
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by budaatum: 6:15pm On Jan 30
ocnovakmichael:

I couldn't agree more. Perhaps, I have little knowledge. However, the Bible teaches that we know in part. So if I have a little knowledge, I'm in line with the Bible.
1 Corinthians 13:9
[9]For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

Some, on seeing they know in part, will endeavour to know more by asking and knocking with their own hearts and souls and minds and being, while some will wallow in their ignorant slavery believing that eating fruits of knowledge would kill them.

Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01
You cannot know more than the Holy Spirit who inspired Paul to write: "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part."

No matter what three of knowledge you eat from, as long as you are a human, you could only know in part. However, we would come to the knowledge of all things when we are like him: in the resurrected body. Praise God.
1 Corinthians 13:12
[12]For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Feb 02
ocnovakmichael:
Dear Kobojunkie, You see, there is more to life than meets the eye. There is an African proverb which says, "It takes a village to raise a child." If TB Joshua is guilty of every wrong leveled against him, then he must have had accomplices. Everyone of those witnesses on BBC should be prosecuted as well because they were accessories to crimes perpetrated in convert activism.
I'm not here to adjudicate who's right or wrong, TB Joshua or BBC. All I'm saying is this, when we talk about the wrong deeds of a man, we should talk about his good deeds as well to balance up the conjecture. There is a proverb which both underlies and buttress my last statement, and that is, "One man's meat is another man's poison."
Remember, the same people who called Jesus Rabbi (a teacher) are those same people who said crucify him (a thief). So while the likes of you see the evil in TB Joshua, men like us look past his faults and frailties and see the light behind the cave. In the long run, I choose to see the good in you, Kobojunkie, and the good in TB Joshua. Because only love sees beyond faults: it sees success.
I guess Jesus Christ who said the following....
15 “Be careful of false prophets. They come to you and look gentle like sheep. But they are really dangerous like wolves.
16 You will know these people because of what they do. Good things don’t come from people who are bad, just as grapes don’t come from thornbushes, and figs don’t come from thorny weeds.
17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, and bad trees produce bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 You will know these false people by what they do.
21 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22 On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’
23 Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’ - Matthew 7 vs 15 - 23
... didn't get the memo on why he too should see good and not evil in men such as your prophet there. Jesus Christ, throughout His Gospel teachings, drew a definitely between those who are His followers and does who are not of Him, never were. undecided

By the way, you keep insisting on love, and I wonder if you even understand that there exists a huge difference between God's kind of love and the love of men. It seems to me that you are under some delusion that if you keep mentioning the word love so often in your responses you somehow convince you by that that you know what it means. I am convinced that not only do you not know and have an understanding of God's love, but you are also not born-again. Prove me wrong by stating exactly what evidence was given to you by God to show that you are. lipsrsealed
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:20pm On Feb 03
Kobojunkie:
I guess Jesus Christ who said the following.... ... didn't get the memo on why he too should see good and not evil in men such as your prophet there. Jesus Christ, throughout His Gospel teachings, drew a definitely between those who are His followers and does who are not of Him, never were. undecided

By the way, you keep insisting on love, and I wonder if you even understand that there exists a huge difference between God's kind of love and the love of men. It seems to me that you are under some delusion that if you keep mentioning the word love so often in your responses you somehow convince you by that that you know what it means. I am convinced that not only do you not know and have an understanding of God's love, but you are also not born-again. Prove me wrong by stating exactly what evidence was given to you by God to show that you are. lipsrsealed

Let me start by dealing with your last statement, "... But you are also not born-again. Prove me wrong by stating exactly what evidence was given to you by God to show that you are."

You see, the Bible did not teach us to go around demonstrating with some level of empirical evidence that we have been born again. Nonetheless, since you demand a proof of my "born again certificate," so to speak, I will indulge you.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. That he came in the flesh, he died and resurrected in my stead. I believe in his name which makes me a son adopted by the Father in Christ.

Romans 8:16
The same Spirit beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God...

2. The Spirit of God bear witness with my own spirit that I am a child of God. I have the witness in my spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema; and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit.

3. The Spirit of the Lord is in me making me cry Abba Father. And that Jesus is Lord.

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

4. I know that I have passed from death to life because the love of God is shared abroad in my spirit. And this is the reason I emphasize so much on LOVE: because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
That Love, the Love and God kind of life is in me. Even you could observe from a distance the love which I speak about.

Now, Kobojunkie, if I'm born again, you know it: because if you are, the same Spirit which bears witness in you, is in me. The Spirit is one not two. So if I'm born again, you know it.

Jesus is Lord!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Feb 03
ocnovakmichael:
Let me start by dealing with your last statement, "... But you are also not born-again. Prove me wrong by stating exactly what evidence was given to you by God to show that you are."
You see, the Bible did not teach us to go around demonstrating with some level of empirical evidence that we have been born again. Nonetheless, since you demand a proof of my "born again certificate," so to speak, I will indulge you.
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name

1. I believe in Jesus Christ. That he came in the flesh, he died and resurrected in my stead. I believe in his name which makes me a son adopted by the Father in Christ.

Romans 8:16
The same Spirit beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God...

2. The Spirit of God bear witness with my own spirit that I am a child of God. I have the witness in my spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I make known unto you, that no man speaking in the Spirit of God saith, Jesus is anathema; and no man can say, Jesus is Lord, but in the Holy Spirit.

3. The Spirit of the Lord is in me making me cry Abba Father. And that Jesus is Lord.
1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

4. I know that I have passed from death to life because the love of God is shared abroad in my spirit. And this is the reason I emphasize so much on LOVE: because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
That Love, the Love and God kind of life is in me. Even you could observe from a distance the love which I speak about.
Now, Kobojunkie, if I'm born again, you know it: because if you are, the same Spirit which bears witness in you, is in me. The Spirit is one not two. So if I'm born again, you know it.
So the long and short of this is you are not born-again since you lack the evidence that Jesus Christ proclaimed would be given all those who in fact are. And like the one who is master over you --- much like your gods of men --- create a smoke screen of sorts to hide this by using words that you clearly have little to no Scriptural understanding of. Sigh! undecided
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03
I couldn't agree more Kobojunkie. Thanks for your comments. However,

I love the fact that you have the evidence as a born again child of God. I have no reservation about it whatsoever. But if the Spirit which bears witness that you're a born again did not bear witness to all I have written, then there is a problem. It is either the Bible lied or you lied because all I gave you are scriptural evidence to buttress who I am in the kingdom. And the Bible teaches that the Father, the Word, and the Spirit agree in one.

John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Therefore, if the Spirit in you contradict all scriptural evidence at my disposal, then you are calling God a liar. But let God be true and I as a man be a liar.

Romans 3:4 KJV
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, And mightest overcome when thou art judge

Think about it Kobojunkie!
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Feb 03
ocnovakmichael:
I couldn't agree more Kobojunkie. Thanks for your comments. However, I love the fact that you have the evidence as a born again child of God. I have no reservation about it whatsoever. But if the Spirit which bears witness that you're a born again did not bear witness to all I have written, then there is a problem. It is either the Bible lied or you lied because all I gave you are scriptural evidence to buttress who I am in the kingdom. And the Bible teaches that the Father, the Word, and the Spirit agree in one.
Therefore, if the Spirit in you contradict all scriptural evidence at my disposal, then you are calling God a liar. But let God be true and I as a man be a liar.
You don't have a clue what the evidence is. But you think that you can, without actually experiencing the process -- becoming born-again-- come to know exactly what it is all by weaving your way through the words of Paul and John? LOL.... you must think Jesus Christ was playing the fool when He said He hid the mysteries from those who should not have it. lipsrsealed
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by ocnovakmichael(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04
Kobojunkie:
You don't have a clue what the evidence is. But you think that you can, without actually experiencing the process -- becoming born-again-- come to know exactly what it is all by weaving your way through the words of Paul and John? LOL.... you must think Jesus Christ was playing the fool when He said He hid the mysteries from those who should not have it. lipsrsealed

Kobojunkie,my response is not with enticing words of man's philosophy. But in the disposition of the Spirit and the Word.
You see, the Bible teaches that we know that we have eternal life because we have the knowledge of the Son of God.

John 3:14
[14]We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1 John 5:13
[13]These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Notice in both scriptures that the emphasis is on knowing. And through knowledge comes faith: even the faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
Romans 10:17
[17]So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In the final analysis, the evidence of one who's born again is not shroud in mystery. Rather, it is evident in the fruits of the Spirit: LOVE. Here what the Spirit says, "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we LOVE..." (1 John 3:14)

That text just got through telling us that "We know." We do not assume to be born again, rather, we know!"
Kobojunkie , I know that I have passed from death to life because the love of God is dwelling in my spirit. This is the evidence.

Jesus is Lord
Re: TB Joshua: The Church And The Times by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Feb 04
ocnovakmichael:
,my response is not with enticing words of man's philosophy. But in the disposition of the Spirit and the Word.
You see, the Bible teaches that we know that we have eternal life because we have the knowledge of the Son of God. Notice in both scriptures that the emphasis is on knowing. And through knowledge comes faith: even the faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
In the final analysis, the evidence of one who's born again is not shroud in mystery. Rather, it is evident in the fruits of the Spirit: LOVE. Here what the Spirit says, "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we LOVE..." (1 John 3:14)
That text just got through telling us that "We know." We do not assume to be born again, rather, we know!" , I know that I have passed from death to life because the love of God is dwelling in my spirit. This is the evidence.
You don't have a clue what the evidence is. But you think that you can, without actually experiencing the process -- becoming born-again-- come to know exactly what it is all by weaving your way through the words of Paul and John? LOL.... you must think Jesus Christ was playing the fool when He said He hid the mysteries from those who should not have them. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Idea Of Hellfire Is IRRATIONAL MADNESS / From Her Own Lips / How Much Of Our African Culture Should We Give Up For Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.