Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? (11438 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by iamL(f): 3:45pm On Jan 16
Your spellings and write ups.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Hawkler: 4:14pm On Jan 16
The family is whom you are married to not him so if the family is not in your cycle then there is so much work that will never finish to do. It is like a recycling problem.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by VULCAN(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16
Would you kindly explain why you changed your moniker.

I suspect you may cheated a Nairalander with your product and now you have dumped the former moniker.

Am I wrong?

Kolanalife2:
Wetin concern the ladies with the man family if he get money and sabi knack??
If your bed always makes noise there will always be peace in your home.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account and post my details online.

Its 100 percent herbal and 90 percent bitter kola made without any side effects.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Pimples(m): 4:25pm On Jan 16
@OP

From your write up, the financial status and prospects of this guy is a major factor why you think he's perfect for you.

(Highlighting how much he earns and trips abroad.....He's about to complete his house and you will become landlady.... You also have issues with his appearance but at the same time claim he takes care of his health)

If he were poor or average, would you still feel the way you do about him.

His mother have seen through you and can deduce you don't have clean intentions.

A man that keeps malice with everyone around him.... That need his mother to decide for him (aka Mummy's boy)
Yet you call him a good man.

None of the qualities you listed about him is extraordinary.

His love for traveling and events is because he can afford it.....

If you are looking for money marry him.
But of you are looking for happiness, you know what to do

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by vickydevoka(m): 5:15pm On Jan 16
wis3:
Women will marry anything so long as he has money.
The picture is actually racism or colour differences nothing much
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by femi4: 6:29pm On Jan 16
Sxyhalima:
I met a man, we have been dating for over a year and talking about marriage

- he is tall and handsome (there are 3 things that I don't really like about his appearance, but they can be worked upon and I am not the most beautiful in the world)

- he is super healthy, takes care of himself

- he earns 77,000 dollars a year (before tax), and is likely to get more and more money in his career as he progresses

- he is in the process of buying his first property this year

- he is educated and has a good job

- he has all the qualities i look for in a man: kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate, funny, family-orientated, generous (took me on trips abroad, etc) and more. Nobody is perfect, he also has unresolved trauma, but again these things can be worked upon

- he loves God

- we have similar hobbies: travelling, events, he is literally my person and the male person of me

HOWEVER!

He doesn't talk to his dad or his dad's side of his family because in my opinion, his mother has brainwashed him against them. He also doesn't talk to his mother's side of the family (she doesn't talk to them either). He doesn't talk to his siblings, except 1, despite living in the same house. His mother doesn't like me, as she feels like I am taking him away from her and she doesn't like people from my country. She has tried to interfere and break us up, but he has stood firm and now she has said she doesn't want to be involved in our relationship. This is very hurtful for me. I am concerned that she could cause problems for us in our relationship and marriage. He gives over half of his salary to his mother every month (she doesn't work as she struggles to work because she has depression that is debilitating), but he says he will stop once he moves out. I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and I am concerned that it will just be me, him, our kids, and my family. I am not welcome in his mother's house, and I have said that if I am not welcome there, I don't think it is approrpiate for him to still visit, just like if I was welcome somewhere and my husband wasn't - I wouldn't go. That person will then change up and act accordingly to make my partner feel welcome, but I think he is just enabling bad behaviour. I am scared he will one day resent me or accuse me of affecting the relationship with his original family. He has said that he plans to just have two families (me/the kids.. and his mother/sibling he talks to) and I am scared it will be a case of a man having two "wives", pivoting between two households, being the man of both households. I don't want to share my husband!

Would you marry a man that was the perfect man for you, but his family wasn't good/his mother did not like you?
It's dangerous, the day you have issues with him, there will be non of his people you can turn to

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Chinex93(m): 8:38pm On Jan 16
Funny! I have been in this situation. Mine is even worst to the extent of physical confrontation, turning my entire family and relations against me, but as the man I stood my ground and my wife never left even though she was discouraged. But to God be the glory my steadfastness and God blessed us with twin babies( boys). Those children brought peace but not entirely because my wife now avoids anything to do with my family
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by wis3(m): 9:35pm On Jan 16
KarinaSlim:

Lies from the pit of hell.

Any woman who marries u just for money does not love you in this world.

Just take that from me.
Na today? Women are only interested I what a man has to offer. In summary, women are only in a relationship because it benefits them.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by bigcasava1(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16
Why not, provided he stands by her wife in time of Crisis. My family doesn't like my wife but I stood by her
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by dalass(f): 10:11pm On Jan 16
advanceDNA:

There's almost no mum that likes their daughter in-law at first sight...y'all just pretend with "awwwwwwnn" ..."u are so beautiful" .…."my son brought home a fine geh" ..etc....

U too will soon become a mum naaa.....na so all of una be.....there's no mother that trust the life and welfare of her son into another woman's hand the son meet from God knows where.... Some mothers don't just know how to hide their own

.the likeness usually comes later later after many encounters when they see u too are a pleasant person (if u are ooooo) and like a daughter to them..

.u are the one technically invading...so pay ur dues as a daughter in-law to her...weda she's showing u face or not...she will either come to love u or leave u alone....

.U go dey alright....

It was stated there by the OP that the fiance's mother has debilitating depression. That's a sickness that will certainly affect her mental state... @ OP. God and research on this condition and with proper understanding, you can manage her.. like a mother grin
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Multiversed: 12:00am On Jan 17
ukaface:
You want enter fire by yourself

Goodluck

Miss Ukaface

I trust you have been doing great..
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by maasoap(m): 7:14am On Jan 17
LilMissFavvy:
My dear, what you call toxicity, is what I see as a strong willed character. Only God knows the depth of pain the young man may have gone through while growing up. His kinds do not even want to love a woman, but this one is ready to love and protect his woman from his malfunctioned family. No one desires to find themselves in such a situation, but life happens. I am talking from experience, cuz i have bad relatives I don't talk to.

As long as he is ready to stand by her, fine, but she has to be careful not to offend him deeply, because people like him can hardly forgive. People marry orphans, people marry partners who are an "only child"? No diggidies, life goes on.

Read this your own statement again and digest it. You want to go into marriage with a toxic man who has unforgiven mind, knowing fully well that you will be tipped toying around him everyday! And this is a union that's supposed to be forever. Is it worth it? Laughing
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Sxyhalima: 1:02am On Jan 18
im so confused
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by bluefilm: 2:02pm On Jan 27
Sxyhalima:
I met a man, we have been dating for over a year and talking about marriage
- he is tall and handsome (there are 3 things that I don't really like about his appearance, but they can be worked upon and I am not the most beautiful in the world)
- he is super healthy, takes care of himself
- he earns 77,000 dollars a year (before tax), and is likely to get more and more money in his career as he progresses
- he is in the process of buying his first property this year
- he is educated and has a good job
- he has all the qualities i look for in a man: kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate, funny, family-orientated, generous (took me on trips abroad, etc) and more. Nobody is perfect, he also has unresolved trauma, but again these things can be worked upon
- he loves God
- we have similar hobbies: travelling, events, he is literally my person and the male person of me

HOWEVER!
He doesn't talk to his dad or his dad's side of his family because in my opinion, his mother has brainwashed him against them. He also doesn't talk to his mother's side of the family (she doesn't talk to them either). He doesn't talk to his siblings, except 1, despite living in the same house. His mother doesn't like me, as she feels like I am taking him away from her and she doesn't like people from my country. She has tried to interfere and break us up, but he has stood firm and now she has said she doesn't want to be involved in our relationship. This is very hurtful for me. I am concerned that she could cause problems for us in our relationship and marriage. He gives over half of his salary to his mother every month (she doesn't work as she struggles to work because she has depression that is debilitating), but he says he will stop once he moves out. I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and I am concerned that it will just be me, him, our kids, and my family. I am not welcome in his mother's house, and I have said that if I am not welcome there, I don't think it is approrpiate for him to still visit, just like if I was welcome somewhere and my husband wasn't - I wouldn't go. That person will then change up and act accordingly to make my partner feel welcome, but I think he is just enabling bad behaviour. I am scared he will one day resent me or accuse me of affecting the relationship with his original family. He has said that he plans to just have two families (me/the kids.. and his mother/sibling he talks to) and I am scared it will be a case of a man having two "wives", pivoting between two households, being the man of both households. I don't want to share my husband!

Would you marry a man that was the perfect man for you, but his family wasn't good/his mother did not like you?

That will be quite suicidal for you on the long run.

So look and look very carefully, before you leap!
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by Sxyhalima: 11:59am On Jan 28
y??

bluefilm:

That will be quite suicidal for you on the long run.

So look and look very carefully, before you leap!
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? by GreatResearcher: 7:17pm On Mar 26
Goodnewsforlife:
u saw fire n u are asking us if u should enter

Can’t u see d red flags? The mother will always have d way no matter who u are, don’t worry go ahead n marry him despite the fact that the woman made it clear she doesn’t like your tribe

I pity u

Na people like u go come dey create thread about regrets later n expect people to pity u

Read about a naira lander here, @greatresearcher by name.

He was warned not to marry a gold digger here but love overclouded his common sense

Now oga don end up for court in d name of divorce
It was a bitter experience my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Screenshots Of A Whatsapp Chat Between A 'broke,' Guy And His Girlfriend / What Do You Bring To The Table !! / Would You Sleep With Your Pretty Mother-in-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.