Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,016 members, 7,863,680 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process (819 Views)

Betta Edu: N585m Palliative Scandal Under Investigation – Bayo Onanuga / Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE / Sanwo-Olu Thanks Lagosians, Advocates Adherence To COVID-19 Protocols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by newscraft2023: 12:25pm On Jan 14
Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence to Due Process

The suspended minister, Dr. Betta Edu, currently facing investigation for an alleged N585 million fraud, is said to have meticulously followed existing due processes, according to a source conversant with modern administrative procedures.

The source explained that senior officials of the Ministry, notably Halima Shehu - who handled the entire process, seemed to have disappeared from the controversy, describing the development as tactical manoeuvre and calling on President Bola Tinubu to demand further clarification on the matter.

The documents reveal Edu's alleged involvement in a fund transaction request, approved and executed into Mrs. Bridget's account, with sources from the Ministry confirming adherence to Financial Regulations applicable to MDAs.

The document asserts that the suspended minister adhered to established processes within the humanitarian ministry, supported by Financial Regulations for MDAs.

Another document shares details of the 2021 FG’s payment to project accountant personal accounts in MDAs, highlighting Mrs. Bridget's role in overseeing financial activities related to the program.

Despite financial regulations binding MDA transactions, the released documents argue that the minister's actions align with established procedures, emphasizing Mrs. Bridget's duty to manage funds disbursement and retirements under the specified regulations.

The funds in question were said to be intended for beneficiaries under Mrs. Bridget's monitoring and supervision through a payment system. Notably, Mrs. Bridget, an Assistant Director and civil servant in the ministry, is stated to be unrelated to Dr. Betta.

The source from the ministry defends Mrs. Bridget, asserting that the payment request process was well-established, insisting there was no illegality involved.

The source argues that the controversy appears to be a trap set to tarnish the image of the government, emphasizing that no money is missing and the program's transactions were successful. The source questions the call for Dr. Betta Edu's resignation, pointing out her proactive reporting of a missing 44 billion from the NSIPA account, with a subsequent recovery of 39.8 billion.

The source contends that the minister's commitment is driven by a desire to serve and achieve President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's poverty-alleviation plans, dismissing accusations of fraudulent intentions. The narrative underscores Dr. Betta Edu's dedication to breaking records and her courage in pursuing the government's goals despite challenges.

According to the source from the ministry: “She has done nothing illegal, it was just a trap which I believe she’s going to survive. The process by which she requested the payment to Mrs Bridget, was already established in the ministry, there are regulations for it within the ministry and all MDAs have been using it over the decades. So it’s not that Edu had bad intentions nor did the destination account associated with her, but I think some individuals just want to use her to embarrass the government. People that are after her position took advantage of the situation and the target is to tarnish the image of the government.

“What people are ignoring is that, is money missing? No. Did the program carry out the transactions successfully? Yes.

“So why call for her head?
Was the 44 billion missing from the NSIPA account in the space of one week, as she reported to the appropriate authorities for further investigation, stolen? Yes

“And 39.8 billion has been recovered so far, back from the perpetrators and paid back into the government account? Yes.

“This document and regulation process should let Nigerians know that she’s not associated with any intention of fraud in this government. Edu is just a young woman willing to serve, break records in this government, and achieve President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's plans to pull millions of Nigeria out of Poverty, which many are scared of her courage and hardworking spirit,”the source said

The source also urged President Tinubu to check the activities of old brigade politicians working against "the brilliant new breed appointees in his administration"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by immortalcrown(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14
I honestly don't know the full gist about this person. She may be guilty. She may be innocent.

Whichever way, I am not surprised because this is Nigeria. A saint can be found unholy and a devil can be blameless in Nigeria. It depends on the ruling party. In fact, it even happens in other nations. The world is getting dirtier.

1 Like

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by Bobloco: 12:28pm On Jan 14
sad
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by Paraman: 12:35pm On Jan 14
She might not eventually be found guilty

1 Like

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by ivolt: 12:38pm On Jan 14
immortalcrown:
I honestly don't know the full gist about this person. She may be guilty. She may be innocent.

Whichever way, I am not surprised because this is Nigeria. A saint can be found unholy and a devil can be blameless in Nigeria. It depends on the ruling party. In fact, it even happens in other nations. The world is getting dirtier.
If by Nigeria's government standard, she is not guilty.
If by public standard, she is 100% guilty.

Everything she did has been openly done 1 million times over with nobody raising an eyebrow.
The constant narrative of she stealing 500m is unfounded, How can a money still under the ministry's
supervision be said to be stolen?

1 Like

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by Kenpaly(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14
I said it days ago that this woman is innocent.im very shoo that she will be reinstraind.she is not a criminal like men politicians.
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by seunmsg(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14
Kenpaly:
I said it days ago that this woman is innocent.im very shoo that she will be reinstraind.she is not a criminal like men politicians.

How is she innocent?

1 Like

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by flokii: 12:57pm On Jan 14
I was still having sympathy for the Betta Edu till I saw the viral video of her sharing dollar bills ($100 for that matter) to her cohorts for lunch.. each envelope had like 5-6 $100 notes making it $500-$600 for each person. Convert that with current exchange rate of 1250 naira to 1 dollar at black market and see.
They can replace her.. I really do not care.
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by Aquila99: 1:03pm On Jan 14
flokii:
I was still having sympathy for the Betta Edu till I saw the viral video of her sharing dollar bills ($100 for that matter) to her cohorts for lunch.. each envelope had like 5-6 $100 notes making it $500-$600 for each person. Convert that with current exchange rate of 1250 naira to 1 dollar at black market and see.
They can replace her.. I really do not care.

U saw a video of almost 2 years. Money That was handed to her by d APC to share to women through her office as National women leader. Den u started calculating it by 1250. U well so?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by Aquila99: 1:06pm On Jan 14
newscraft2023:
Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence to Due Process

The suspended minister, Dr. Betta Edu, currently facing investigation for an alleged N585 million fraud, is said to have meticulously followed existing due processes, according to a source conversant with modern administrative procedures.

The source explained that senior officials of the Ministry, notably Halima Shehu - who handled the entire process, seemed to have disappeared from the controversy, describing the development as tactical manoeuvre and calling on President Bola Tinubu to demand further clarification on the matter.

The documents reveal Edu's alleged involvement in a fund transaction request, approved and executed into Mrs. Bridget's account, with sources from the Ministry confirming adherence to Financial Regulations applicable to MDAs.

The document asserts that the suspended minister adhered to established processes within the humanitarian ministry, supported by Financial Regulations for MDAs.

Another document shares details of the 2021 FG’s payment to project accountant personal accounts in MDAs, highlighting Mrs. Bridget's role in overseeing financial activities related to the program.

Despite financial regulations binding MDA transactions, the released documents argue that the minister's actions align with established procedures, emphasizing Mrs. Bridget's duty to manage funds disbursement and retirements under the specified regulations.

The funds in question were said to be intended for beneficiaries under Mrs. Bridget's monitoring and supervision through a payment system. Notably, Mrs. Bridget, an Assistant Director and civil servant in the ministry, is stated to be unrelated to Dr. Betta.

The source from the ministry defends Mrs. Bridget, asserting that the payment request process was well-established, insisting there was no illegality involved.

The source argues that the controversy appears to be a trap set to tarnish the image of the government, emphasizing that no money is missing and the program's transactions were successful. The source questions the call for Dr. Betta Edu's resignation, pointing out her proactive reporting of a missing 44 billion from the NSIPA account, with a subsequent recovery of 39.8 billion.

The source contends that the minister's commitment is driven by a desire to serve and achieve President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's poverty-alleviation plans, dismissing accusations of fraudulent intentions. The narrative underscores Dr. Betta Edu's dedication to breaking records and her courage in pursuing the government's goals despite challenges.

According to the source from the ministry: “She has done nothing illegal, it was just a trap which I believe she’s going to survive. The process by which she requested the payment to Mrs Bridget, was already established in the ministry, there are regulations for it within the ministry and all MDAs have been using it over the decades. So it’s not that Edu had bad intentions nor did the destination account associated with her, but I think some individuals just want to use her to embarrass the government. People that are after her position took advantage of the situation and the target is to tarnish the image of the government.

“What people are ignoring is that, is money missing? No. Did the program carry out the transactions successfully? Yes.

“So why call for her head?
Was the 44 billion missing from the NSIPA account in the space of one week, as she reported to the appropriate authorities for further investigation, stolen? Yes

“And 39.8 billion has been recovered so far, back from the perpetrators and paid back into the government account? Yes.

“This document and regulation process should let Nigerians know that she’s not associated with any intention of fraud in this government. Edu is just a young woman willing to serve, break records in this government, and achieve President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's plans to pull millions of Nigeria out of Poverty, which many are scared of her courage and hardworking spirit,”the source said

The source also urged President Tinubu to check the activities of old brigade politicians working against "the brilliant new breed appointees in his administration"

That woman is innocent. My spirit tells me so. Some forces are trying to throw her out since she leaked dat 44B was missing. If truly she wan steal, she for no leak d missing funds, na to just go meet pple weh carry am, negotiate for em own share, she would get bigger dan dis money dy accuse her of.
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by jkpbestseries: 1:24pm On Jan 14
all i know and have been saying and will alwys say is that Northerners wants that position and are doing everything possible to have it. If u are from the south holding that position be extremely careful
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by ITbomb(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14
https://www.nairaland.com/7961989/betta-edu-when-obasanjo-yaradua#127835395

ITbomb:
This smear campaign must stop

All those ones you mentioned were caught with stolen money

If that woman resign or sacked, I lose hope on Nigeria

Edu uncovered a 40bn fraud by her predecessor, instead of to follow up and prosecute all involved, she was indicted in an alleged approval, that was channeled through official procedure, and that same procedure was used extensively by the ministry all these time.
The said private account, is that of the Project Accountant who is the last stage of the disbursement, the money is not yet disbursed.
We only quote laws when we want to nail someone who doesn't want to "play book".
OR is because she is not from the North or West?
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by matify83: 2:28pm On Jan 14
Another sponsored post i guess?
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by StreetFight: 2:41pm On Jan 14
The young thieving Olosho is already a past tense
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by StreetFight: 2:42pm On Jan 14
matify83:

Yes, but it will achieve nothing
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by StreetFight: 2:43pm On Jan 14
jkpbestseries:
all i know and have been saying and will alwys say is that Northerners wants that position and are doing everything possible to have it. If u are from the south holding that position be extremely careful

No Northerner will get that position. The best that will happen is for Tinubu to appoint one of the former female deputy-governors of Lagos into the position.

Anybody that wants to die can die
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by AyeMoJuba: 2:44pm On Jan 14
matify83:

Its not sponsored.
That lady is innocent. Her problem is that the Northerners want that position.
No money is missing except for the one that was moved from the ministry account without her knowledge by Halima and she reported immediately to the EFCC.
Re: Alleged N585m Fraud : Documents Reveals Betta Edu’s Adherence To Due Process by StreetFight: 2:45pm On Jan 14
AyeMoJuba:

Its not sponsored.
That lady is innocent. Her problem is that the Northerners want that position.
No money is missing except for the one that was moved from the ministry account without her knowledge by Halima and she reported immediately to the EFCC.

She is not coming back, know that and know peace

(1) (Reply)

Oduduwa Agitators Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti,days After Oyo Assembly Invasion / Am In Love: Wats Real About It? / Between Governor Segun Agagu And His Pledge To Armed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.