Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) (51473 Views)

Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) / Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Bigtitilayo: 3:28am On Jan 15
Omo e cheap one is 3500 in ikd here in Lagos ooo nawa
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by LagosSuperStar: 4:12am On Jan 15
LotaTee:
A single one can go for 2k over here.
And people they buy am
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Woodshot: 5:32am On Jan 15
AlhajiCSO:
cry

observe the yam properly you'll discover that some have burns around it.
these are probably whatever left from those yam fulani herdsmen burnt when they attacked the Benue people around last week or so.
the owner is just selling it off to avoid it rotting and to survive idp.
pathetic for Benue people.
e no go better for fulani herdsmen
e no go better for Tinubu.

You're funny AF

This is the period when Yam is dirty cheap in Benue Axis... Ever heard of Zaki ibiam ? perhaps that's where Op got his? Well, yesterday I passed through Benue and stopped somewhere in agatu. I bought something like what's in the picture.

At first I felt I bought it so cheap o. however seeing these pictures I feel like I was robbed. And that's because I bought it along the road. Op has his own car and can go down to real time traders not along the road sellers.

Mine was 5 mighty Yam rubbers for 2500 because I was on commercial bus. Very beautiful yams I Kid you not... Have you seen a bag of oranges? Did you know you can get one for 500 in Benue? Do you think "food basket of the Nation" their motto is a joke? My friend my friend.

3 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Joy2dworldxyz: 6:07am On Jan 15
MrPresident1:
Benue land is very fertile. Food basket of the nation. Imagine if we had functional rail to move farm produce in bulk from Benue to Lagos in no time and petroleum products from Lagos to Benue

God will help us

U want to hear stories that touch abi, like u don't know how ur brothers kidnap everything on the road
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by James91: 6:18am On Jan 15
Jonah507:
Benue state is blessed.

Middlemen are responsible for the inflation.

Op abeg dash me one na grin
Don't call middle man here , call insecurity and bad road.
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by motta(m): 6:44am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:
While returning back to base from my father's burial, I decided to get a few yams.

If not for insecurity, Nigerians have no reasons to experience inflation in the price of food stuff.

20 fresh tubbers. I already gave out some to my neighbors as it's precious gift in this part of the country.

we can't see the size
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Roysy: 7:02am On Jan 15
Olawade24:
OP tell me you are lying cry

I bought one of those yams in delta 800 naira pls OP can you waybill yams to me.if I pay you via transfer pls
I can send yam to you on order, sir. I'm a Benue buy, from Benue State.

2 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by G00dharddick: 7:04am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

Yes ooo.

I would have gotten more if I traveled with SUV

Abeg can you buy and waybill to me over here in Benin city? If yes, drop aza. Buy and waybill to me

One of those yam is nothing less than #2,500 here in Benin city

2 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by CharleyBright(m): 7:07am On Jan 15
Jonah507:
Benue state is blessed.

Na online you dey come beg for yams. Na so your own be?
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by kelmicheal: 7:07am On Jan 15
Cmon you cheated the trader you should have dash the seller like 2k join the 2500 willingly
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by dfrost: 7:19am On Jan 15
MrPresident1:
Benue land is very fertile. Food basket of the nation. Imagine if we had functional rail to move farm produce in bulk from Benue to Lagos in no time and petroleum products from Lagos to Benue

God will help us

Lagos is not the only state in Nigeria, for starters.

Nothing wrong with road transport but the middleman and legal thieves on the road is our major problem.

Even with the railway,they will continue extorting the vulnerable farmers.

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Lumarstone: 7:19am On Jan 15
Jonah507:
Benue state is blessed.

Cost of transportation is responsible for the inflation

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by alfajohn: 7:36am On Jan 15
MrPresident1:

God will help us

what else do you want God to help you with. After blessing us with abundant resources and we refuse to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by maxiuc(m): 7:40am On Jan 15
Jonah507:
Benue state is blessed.

diesel price not middle men
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Mrpojj(m): 7:43am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:
While returning back to base from my father's burial, I decided to get a few yams.

If not for insecurity, Nigerians have no reasons to experience inflation in the price of food stuff.

20 fresh tubbers. I already gave out some to my neighbors as it's precious gift in this part of the country.

Insecurity and bad transportation network,
Na trains supposed dey carry foodstuffs all over the country

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by occfx: 7:49am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

Nigeria was just designed not to work. This is an example of the fact that only benue state can feed the nation but no, the witches at the top don't want it and janjaweedds are been used to achieve that. One day Biafra will go and lead a good life.

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by one4GOD(f): 7:51am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

the am looking at the yam like one should just jump out from my screen, chei
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by one4GOD(f): 7:53am On Jan 15
DivinegiftofGod:
In Lagos you can only get 1 big tuber of yam for that 2500 or one medium size and a very small one put together for that amount with abeg.

I don't eat yam like that so I only had it once last year. This year I'm not sure if I'll even eat it. Don't even remember it exists.
haven't eaten for a year now used to be our usual but now it's a luxury. Cut ur coat according to ur material, shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by 99thEnemy(m): 8:05am On Jan 15
Zonefree:
Like, 20 tubers for 2500? shocked
”Food basket of the nation”. no jokes.
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by 99thEnemy(m): 8:07am On Jan 15
DivinegiftofGod:
In Lagos you can only get 1 big tuber of yam for that 2500 or one medium size and a very small one put together for that amount with abeg.

I don't eat yam like that so I only had it once last year. This year I'm not sure if I'll even eat it. Don't even remember it exists.
Yam is a staple food here. we get tired of it most times.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Greatguy01(m): 8:16am On Jan 15
[quote author=Deeprooted post=127941931]While returning back to base from my father's burial, I decided to get a few yams.

All these yam for 2500!!, This is unbelievable.
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Greatguy01(m): 8:22am On Jan 15
This is good oo
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by fineboynl(m): 8:57am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

guy can you help me buy i will pay for the waybill? Please
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by khvnggift(m): 9:51am On Jan 15
Olawade24:
OP tell me you are lying cry

I bought one of those yams in delta 800 naira pls OP can you waybill yams to me.if I pay you via transfer pls

Abeg if op reply you , I dey interested too . I reside in Benin

We fit share the transportation among us
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by khvnggift(m): 9:53am On Jan 15
G00dharddick:

Abeg can you buy and waybill to me over here in Benin city? If yes, drop aza. Buy and waybill to me

One of those yam is nothing less than #2,500 here in Benin city

Me self stay in Benin o.. and I'm interested make op reply

1 Like

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by sukar886: 9:58am On Jan 15
Good
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Christoranky78: 10:00am On Jan 15
Jeez....you can't get it in lagos for 10k.

2 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Rems20(m): 10:19am On Jan 15
Food basket of the nation
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Etiyeokwe: 10:29am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

Yes ooo.

I would have gotten more if I traveled with SUV

If indeed you bought these N2,500, something is wrong with us. What you have there is not less than 25k here in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Umuinyioku: 11:06am On Jan 15
Deeprooted:

I'm not based home. I just traveled home for my dad's burial and I'm back to base already
OK

Thanks
Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by Feelings79: 12:15pm On Jan 15
Jonah507:
Benue state is blessed.

NOt really middle men.Between Benue state and cross river alone you have over 79 checkpoints before you arrive Calabar with each of the checkpoints taking at least 1k coupled with the high cost of diesel.l sell yams so I know

3 Likes

Re: See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) by LotaTee: 12:17pm On Jan 15
LagosSuperStar:

And people they buy am
Wetin we go do? 🥲

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / The CHEAP breakfast I prepared this morning / The Most Popular Food In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.