Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria (28021 Views)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by 10thTenthMan: 11:01am On Jan 16
tonicyril:
I know but it's hard to believe..

I tot they said one can make upto 10k dollars in a month and that is 120k, some even make up to 160k in a year, so how cone would someone like that find it hard to save up to 4m naira in a year?

This story no clear ooh, e no clear aswear

Bros the story clear o.

People no Dey gree go research on their own and plan based on themselves. Dem Dey use TikTok fake videos of “ how I arrived Canada and bough my house in six months” Dey take plan their life. For one, many of those videos are fake and are just seeking validation. Secondly assuming they are real, you do not know the full story. Some of them could have saved down payment in Nigeria up to 200k Dollars and brought this to Canada. They could have been living large in Nigeria and still have means and ways to make money in Nigeria. Husband BEEN dey work for LNG, wife been dey work for Shell and dem even get monetized YouTube Channel, na dem you wan take compare yourself? People wey monthly income Dey go 10000 dollars per month and wey don save up to 200-300k USD? People wey don plan say wife go resign and stay with kids while husband go still maintain him work for Nigeria?

I hope 2025 Motto for Nigeria go be “Check Yourself” or “Use your head”.

I will always say and argue that many Nigerians travel overseas with a FALSE, ERRONEOUS and UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Those who earn this 10k per month and 120k per year you have mentioned are those with specialized skills especially in areas like Tech, Health, Engineering, or some other specialized skill, etc.

Please note that in somewhere like Canada, if you are legal, average wage is about 15 dollars per hour as basic. It then starts to vary from province to province and type of job and hiring company. Let us assume minimum wage with 8 hours per day work and 40 hours per week (which is the permissible average work period), you have as follows Sir:

-15 Dollars Per Hour
-120 Dollars Per Day
-600 Dollars Per Week
-1200 Dollars every 2 weeks (many companies pay every two weeks, hence this is important)
-2400 Dollars Per Month
-28,800 Dollars Per Year.

Out of this you are paying Tax (this depends as on many minimum wage jobs taxes are waved), Rent, Utilities, Feeding, Transportation, Clothing, other costs for services like repairs, insurance, school supplies for your kid(s) as school is free but the supplies aren’t, etc.

The ways to then get by will be:

1. Reduce your longer throat and be economical. No go Dey do pass yourself with other Nigerians who like to flaunt “I have arrived” rubbish on social media. They are the worst in Canada. Many Nigerians in Canada are silently competitive in an almost evil manner and don’t get along that well. They avoid each other, full of evil envy, with poor sense of brotherhood and typically no national countrymen support, like the way Indians and Asians support themselves here to succeed. A typical Nigerian here does not want you to succeed and outpace him/her financially. Here debt is used to get most of those things you see, but they won’t tell you. From your phone, to furnitures, to cars, to houses, these are ALL debt financed.

To save cost for instance, please rent a house you can manage to pay rent at month end. Don’t get to Saskatoon for instance and insist on staying at Stonebridge or Willow neighborhoods.

2. Work more than one job or get more than one source of income. People work and supplement with Uber, Door Dash, etc. People work 2 jobs on a shift/part time basis. People do drop shipping, etc.

3. Pick a high paying skill. Like Tech, Equipment Operations, Heavy Duty Vehicle Driving/Operation, etc.

Highest paid professional workers in Canada for instance are CEOs, Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Nurses, Other Medical Professionals,Tech Guys like software engineers, etc.

If you are not in these professions, as brothers and sisters, I will say let us be very realistic about our expectations. Plan well.

What will it cost you to land?
What have you saved to start life with?
What is/are your plan/plans to start earning an income?
What are you likely to earn per hour when you eventually get a job?
What will your living expenses like rent and bills be like? These statistics and data are ALL online.
Will you then need a second job?

Let me add that these nuggets:

-PLAN JAKPA FOR LONG TERM GAINS AND REWARDS.
-HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS AND DO NOT EXPECT THE PEOPLE AND SYSTEM TO ''DASH'' YOU THEIR WIVES, DAUGHTERS, BUSINESSES AND MONEY BECAUSE YOU ARRIVED FROM NIGERIA AS BANK MANAGER FROM FIRSTBANK.
-KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS ORGANIZED WITH APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULES UNLESS MEDICAL EMERGENCIES AND SOME INFORMAL BUSINESSES.
-AVOID THE DEBT TRAP AND ONLY GET WHAT YOU NEED, NOT JUST ANYTHING YOU CAN AFFORD.
-IF YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE FINANCIAL WEALTH AND GAINS IN THE SHORT TERM, THEN ACCEPT IT WITH GRATUDE AND HUMILITY AND ENJOY IT WITH WISDOM AND KINDNESS IN YOUR HEART FOR THE EQUAL EXISTENCE AND SUCCESS OF YOUR FELLOW MAN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Selfkontrol: 11:05am On Jan 16
By all means japa don’t even think twice about it. I’m in Same age bracket with you , even tho I don’t have a personal house to my name but I have series of properties and can make atleast 1m-3m a month and I wish I left 2 years ago or atleast started the process when my wife told me. I’m comfortable in Nigeria too but with the situation of thing’s going on, It seems Nigeria would get worse with Time. Even if not for yourself , think about the future of your kids.
My advice for you. >> start learning IT skill this period before you make the move. I mean immediately . I’m currently learning cyber security and would do that for the whole of this 2024 then 2025 I leave this country. Meanwhile I’m on the process of canada PR because I still believe going as PR is the best shot and If that doesn’t work out the student route would be our option but my wife would be schooling while i work hopefully I land an IT job in cybersecurity because I want to fully ground my self this year in cybersecurity and also learn truck driving by the side .

Relocation is good but you have to have a set out plans and road map so you don’t get frustrated . I already know how things work in the western world with peoples experiences I read on Nairaland. Having a skill gives you that confidence to Travel with little fears. That’s probably the reason I didn’t think of relocating the last 2 years. U need a soft IT skill to gain confidence for relocation.

There’s no quarantee you would get job immediately but having atleast one or two hot skills and improving yourself gives you hope that you would get something someday. I used to ask this Same questions on Nairaland a few years ago but trust me most people would discourage you and tell you how you’re doing better and how abroad is harder etc.

Even if not for anything , having a second passport is the best thing a man coming from Nigeria can ever do for his family . I see no future in this country honestly and it’s better you leave now or you might end up regretting not leaving or starting the process even in the next 2-3 years not to talk of 10 years.

Start learning skills right away. I’m not even in the corporate world like you. I’ve been a crypto and forex trader for years and hav never worked for any1 but I’m willing and ready to learn IT skill that would make me stand out.
Abroad is never easy no doubt but frankly It’s far better.
I remember a friend told me 2 years ago that this my crypto trading I can do it abroad too but I was so sturbon I even warned my wife not to mention abroad to me again. Well it’s never too late. My happiness is I realized on time. Imagine getting to 40 years before you realize lol. It’s still early my guy don’t even think twice start planning but equip yourself first with skills and save more. No rush.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by VULCAN(m): 11:10am On Jan 16
Most people fail in identifying what has kept Africa backward.

They will tell you things like lack of Education and Poverty.

Rubbish.

It is much deeper than that.

No 1 is Envy
No 2 is Bitterness
No 3 is Murmuring

These three are spiritual padlocks that have ensured most people will NEVER attain their God given destiny.

They attract high potency Negative forces to ones life

And why they are so insidious is that Envious people keep finding things to be Envious about, Bitter people keep finding things to be Bitter about and Murmurers keep finding things to Murmur about

Thereby entrapping themselves the more.

VEXT:
Most of u just come online to showoff
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tonicyril: 11:40am On Jan 16
spiSeyi:

Maybe dusty powder dealers legit new immigrants can't make up to that, salary wey no go pass 3-4k CAD for middle grade job while the lower grade job is about 2-2,500 CAD grin grin grin And housing in Canada is expensive . The grass is not always greener over there ooo. If you are making at least 1 M/month in Nigeria Jakpa is not for you ooo undecided
hmmmm, so u mean saving up to 2m monthly over there is like facade??

I mean savings ooh, not net pay
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tonicyril: 11:41am On Jan 16
Groceryboutique:

What exactly will he be doing as a new immigrant to make $10k net a month? Some people eventually make this amount but it's not the norm. Most times sef, family income no dey reach $10k net a month and that means combined income of husband and wife.

If someone eventually makes that amount, his expenses go chop better portion of that. It's not easy to pay off bills as an international student talk more of saving. You go just dey pray to make ends meet.
on average sir, how much do u think one can save in a year....savings oh, not net pay.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tonicyril: 12:09pm On Jan 16
10thTenthMan:

Bros the story clear o.

People no Dey gree go research on their own and plan based on themselves. Dem Dey use TikTok fake videos of “ how I arrived Canada and bough my house in six months” Dey take plan their life. For one, many of those videos are fake and are just seeking validation. Secondly assuming they are real, you do not know the full story. Some of them could have saved down payment in Nigeria up to 200k Dollars and brought this to Canada. They could have been living large in Nigeria and still have means and ways to make money in Nigeria. Husband Dey work for LNG, wife Dey work for Shell and get monetized YouTube Channel, na dem you wan take compare yourself? People wey monthly income Dey go 10000 dollars per month?

I hope 2025 Motto for Nigeria go be “Check Yourself” or “Use your head”.

I will always say and argue that many Nigerians travel overseas with a FALSE, ERRONEOUS and UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. Those who earn this 10k per month and 120k per year you have mentioned are those with specialized skills especially in areas like Tech, Health, Engineering, or some other specialized skill, etc.

Please note that in somewhere like Canada, if you are legal, average wage is about 15 dollars per hour as basic. It then starts to vary from province to province and type of job and hiring company. Let us assume minimum wage With 8 hours per day work and 40 hours per week (which is the permissible average work period), you have as follows Sir:

-15 Dollars Per Hour
-120 Dollars Per Day
-600 Dollars Per Week
-1200 Dollars every 2 weeks (many companies pay every two weeks, hence this is important)
-2400 Dollars Per Month
-28,800 Dollars Per Year.

Out of this you are paying Tax (this depends as on many minimum wage jobs taxes are waved), Rent, Utilities, Feeding, Transportation, Clothing, other costs for services like repairs, insurance, school supplies for your kid(s) as school is free but the supplies aren’t, etc.

The ways to then get by will be:

1. Reduce your longer throat and be economical. No go Dey do pass yourself with other Nigerians who like to flaunt “I have arrived” rubbish on social media. They are the worst in Canada. Many Nigerians in Canada are silently competitive in an almost evil manner and don’t get along that well. They avoid each other with poor sense of brotherhood and no national countrymen support like the Indians and Asians. Here debt is used to get most of those things you see, But they won’t tell you. From your phone, to Furnuture, to cars, to houses, these are ALL debt financed.
To save cost For instance, please rent a house you can manage to pay rent at month end. Don’t get to Saskatoon for instance and insist on staying at Stonebridge or Willow neighborhoods.

2. Work more than one job or Get more than one source of income. People work and supplement with Uber, Door Dash, etc. People work 2 jobs on a shift/part time basis. People do drop shipping, etc.

3. Pick a high paying skill. Like Tech, Equipment Operations, Heavy Duty Vehicle Driving/Operation, etc.

Highest paid professional workers in Canada for instance are CEOs, Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Nurses, Other Medical Professionals,Tech Guys like software engineers, etc.

If you are not in these professions, As brothers and sisters, I will say let us be very realistic about our expectations. Plan well.

What will it cost you to land?
What have you saved to start life with?
What is/are your plan/plans to start earning an income?
What are you likely to earn per hour when you eventually get a job?
What will your rent and bills be like?
Will you then need a second job?

Seems u re very versed in this area....are u living there??
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Dollywood(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16
ihatebuhari:
I'll advice you to go alone first. Use study route and make sure it's a country that you can easily relocate your family after a year or two.

Please don't sell your properties to move all your family at once. I live in LA I would advise you come to the US thou it's very hard.

Remember it's not always greener on the other side. What works for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

PS: if you're one of those that forced buhari and APC government on the innocent Nigerians it will never be well with you and this your japa plan won't work out. And also if you're a Muslim terrorist online pulling down the western country you better go to Saudi Arabia or else the western country won't favour you in Jesus name.

But if you're not one of those I listed may this journey you're about to start favour you and your family.

You somehow think you bare some sort of power to control what happens to a certain group of people because of their decision (whether good or bad)? Let them be. No one knew it would turned out like this, and even if they do, most of them were probably blinded by the media and swallowed every propaganda that comes that way and suit their narratives.

Also, it was made a contest. You either are on Buhari/Tinubu/APC side or Peter Obi/Atiku/PDP. So, even if they know Buhari is not competent enough, they wouldn’t admit it.

And it would be the reverse if it was Peter Obi that was elected and doing poorly. They’ll also hate people like you that voted him in, and even you and your peers wouldn’t want to admit that you made the wrong decision.

Trust me, it is a rabbit hole, and a can of worms. No one is truly sure when it comes to politics and their candidate.

The problem is “Democracy.” I believe this system of government is so flawed and corrupt. It’s a system that, ironically gives so much power to the government instead of the people.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by deyplay: 12:56pm On Jan 16
Love800:
Why?
I thought canada was okay
Did I say it wasn't okay?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by aestake: 1:21pm On Jan 16
Ajehkpako4naija:
it's all about destiny. Some Japa and had nothing to show after 20years not a single house, while some stayed back and after 20yrs became a multi millionaire/Billionaire. Japa may or may not be the solution.
...until you are kidnapped or ill health hits home.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by spiSeyi: 1:41pm On Jan 16
tonicyril:
hmmmm, so u mean saving up to 2m monthly over there is like facade??

I mean savings ooh, not net pay
Beeni sir, jakpa is not an instant gain it is a long-term goal you might be disappointed if you are for the instant gain
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 1:49pm On Jan 16
soccerlite:

You get time to dey explain O

When you come online and see people having nigeria mentality reasoning, best is ignore

They are irredeemable

Hehe... true most times, I just ignore cos its difficult for people to see different perspectives moreso for Nigerians who hardly travel. Occasionally, I just state fact so folks can question narratives
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by stagger: 2:11pm On Jan 16
YoshihideSuga:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/george-etomi-637611129?originalSubdomain=ng

George studied at LSE. Also, almost every Nigerian elite has a passport of a developed country. I get the point of being in your native homeland and controlling the system. But those names you listed are storied elites.

P.S. You once relocated to Barbados via its digital nomad visa.

Indeed I did, but the new government brought an opportunity in my business line which was still running and I came back in 2023. A good decision for me. I have three running contracts already and this year is setting up to be my best year in business.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tonicyril: 2:27pm On Jan 16
spiSeyi:

Beeni sir, jakpa is not an instant gain it is a long-term goal you might be disappointed if you are for the instant gain
me I am for the instant gain ooh, wetin concern me with long term project biko??

Let me have my instant gain today, tomorrow I will have again, and in the future, I will have my instant gain by then again..
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by spiSeyi: 2:34pm On Jan 16
tonicyril:
me I am for the instant gain ooh, wetin concern me with long term project biko??

Let me have my instant gain today, tomorrow I will have again, and in the future, I will have my instant gain by then again..
grin grin
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 2:42pm On Jan 16
stagger:
[/b]

Indeed I did, but the new government brought an opportunity in my business line which was still running and I came back in 2023. A good decision for me. I have three running contracts already and this year is setting up to be my best year in business.

Fair deal. I do agree that money can be made in Nigeria, but for those who have agreed to japa for one reason or the other, I respect their decision.

Enjoy.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by orjohn24: 2:52pm On Jan 16
I currently live in canada and Finding any job in Canada has become recently tough, and many people are struggling to express their difficulties. It's disheartening to see professionals taking low-paying jobs just to make ends meet due to the high cost of living. International students also face challenges finding work to support their education. The silent suffering is worsened by societal pressures back home. If you know someone who recently moved to Canada, reach out with words of encouragement, as many silently bear the burden, impacting their mental health. I met a girl on a bus in toronto who was crying after we discussed these challenges. Hoping for better times ahead.many on tiktok are making fake video of rosy life and even few that arrive and rush to buy house with money they bring from home country as down payment are now in debt due to high interest rate!! Not everything that shine is gold. .do ur reserach well before japa..you hardly can save money due to high cost of living! That my honest contribution. .Welcome to canada))
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by lastkingsman: 3:03pm On Jan 16
orjohn24:
I currently live in canada and Finding any job in Canada has become recently tough, and many people are struggling to express their difficulties. It's disheartening to see professionals taking low-paying jobs just to make ends meet due to the high cost of living. International students also face challenges finding work to support their education. The silent suffering is worsened by societal pressures back home. If you know someone who recently moved to Canada, reach out with words of encouragement, as many silently bear the burden, impacting their mental health. I met a girl on a bus in toronto who was crying after we discussed these challenges. Hoping for better times ahead.many on tiktok are making fake video of rosy life and even few that arrive and rush to buy house with money they bring from home country as down payment are now in debt due to high interest rate!! Not everything that shine is gold. .do ur reserach well before japa..you hardly can save money due to high cost of living! That my honest contribution. .Welcome to canada))

It's more crazy here in You Kay, especially when the tuition fee balance to pay off in one year course is more than 5000£.

People are really struggling with high increase in rent and energy bills
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Verbtips(m): 4:07pm On Jan 16
better japa bro
cus i no go tell even my hater to stay dis kontri
dat 7m way dey shak you 4 head if bandit hold eh
you go know say you poor
man
at least if na pesin bombom you the clean na and your life save na something
becus it can be modified
idris talk say if you play their dirty game them go give you pain but if you lose your life wetin you gain
i 4 tell you to stay buh the insecurity nayin spoil everything.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Dagr8tosyn: 4:31pm On Jan 16
In all honesty, if I can make 2m or N1.5m a month in Nigeria...I can never japa, i will go anywhere in the world for Vacation and return back, send my kids to school overseas too and bring them home back. It is better to be the no.1 man in your own country than to be a second citizen is another man`s land. More so, God has plan for every man, we are only in a hurry. jah bless.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16
Dagr8tosyn:
In all honesty, if I can make 2m or N1.5m a month in Nigeria...I can never japa, i will go anywhere in the world for Vacation and return back, send my kids to school overseas too and bring them home back. It is better to be the no.1 man in your own country than to be a second citizen is another man`s land. More so, God has plan for every man, we are only in a hurry. jah bless.

You will go for vacation with 1500 usd per month income. Continue deluding yourself grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Kelechi009: 5:45pm On Jan 16
tensazangetsu20:

You will go for vacation with 1500 usd per month income. Continue deluding yourself grin grin grin

Lol 1500 is enough to go for vacation, just book hotel and flight tickets like 4 months early.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:48pm On Jan 16
Kelechi009:

Lol 1500 is enough to go for vacation, just book hotel and flight tickets like 4 months early.

Lol a lot of the embassies beg to differ. You go collect rejection wotowoto.

4 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Kelechi009: 5:53pm On Jan 16
tensazangetsu20:

Lol a lot of the embassies beg to differ. You go collect rejection wotowoto.

Oh you're referring to access & visa to travel and not finance to support his travel expenses. I was thinking of the finance and budget required, not getting visas and all. He could still travel to Zanzibar in Rwanda for vacation or Seychelles.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by studyless123: 7:43pm On Jan 16
tshtsh:
Moving to Canada as a student without loads of cash is equal to sufferhead. The hardship can be endured by a 21 or 23 year old single student but for a man in his 30s with a family it can feel like even taking yourself years back. I live and work in the GTA area of Ontario and I'll suggest you make your plans + more enquiries before you make the move.
There are lots of people doing great in Canada and I also got into Canada with two job offers (software engineering) before landing as a PR in 2022 and did okay like many others however take these two factors into consideration

1. A student is expected to bring in money for their fees and upkeep. These fees are usually 5 times more than what locals pay (citizens/PRs). Students also work restricted hours in low paying tough jobs . On the other hand, a PR has no such restriction and can compete for jobs without any hinderance with access to credit

2. Law is a regulated field in Canada hence you'll need to go through the licensing process which I heard takes about 2 years. During that 2 years you'll need money to finance your stay.

If you can, compete for a PR and resist the temptation to go in there as a student except you have tens of million to spare. The country is cashing out on international students from India, Nigeria , Pakistan who are attending Colleges studying cooked courses. Those colleges are like a backdoor route to working in Canada and you'll find yourself unsatisfied with the programs in most cases. The universities are expensive (CAD55,000 for a MA in Economics at Ottawa Uni) but offer better opportunities.

The express entry system (which I used to migrate to canada in 2022) has become very competitive with a high cutoff score 500+ which has pushed many to spend more and more money to get a study visa. At the end of studies the graduate will still find themselves competing for points in the express entry pool though with a higher score but the entire process can be lengthy, expensive and take you off your career.

I suggest you explore the express entry system and plan the transition well with the right information. Forgrt about agents

Your comment on the subject matter is very succinct and compendious. EE is now very competitive and having a job offer is the only way that can significantly increase his chances of being invited to apply for PR considering his profile. That's his best shot except he got the gram.

I've always expressed that the sch or uni you attended play a major role in any company/position you can work. All the top schools in the US not only have a very high employment rate but also have the best roles.

In an interview I had last year, the interviewers were from Stanford, MIT, Columbia Uni (NY) and then the last two from mid-tier institutions. In order to maintain the status of elite institutions the system "push the cream to the top"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by studyless123: 7:51pm On Jan 16
Anaskie:
My dear brother, I can relate to your concerns. I am a 12 years post call lawyer and I am constantly bothered about this issue too. My monthly earnings are close to your range, and I consider myself to be fairly comfortable.
My wife constantly talks about us relocating to Canada, but I find it difficult to grasp how I'll cough all that amount of money just to start life afresh in a strange land.

grin grin grin Why are our wives always pushing us. In a conversation I had with a friend who relocated to Canada, he was like I wouldn't be in this nonsense grin grin grin if not for my wife. It seems the women are influenced by friends.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by gabbytabby: 8:40pm On Jan 16
This will help in securing employment quicker so you probably need to prepare her that she will need to work.

I do not agree with those who sell their home to travel. Housing is very important everywhere and very expensive abroad so think about how you can sustain for the initial 3 months.

if y[quote author=RETURNOFENDSARS post=127965849][/quote]
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akano5(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16
Aguogba:
Sure, US is all about negotiations and how persuasive U are.
thank you sir
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Mcslize: 10:17pm On Jan 16
landmark86:
1. You earn 500-1.5m and.
2. You also owned two bongallow.
And Japa is your next ambition.
U dey mad?
Just asking

Don't let me catch you. It's people like you I am looking for now in this Nairaland.

Let me catch you first, it go be for you.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 8:29am On Jan 17
Tranquility2345:

You can’t be a lawyer. Lawyers speak very good English. This story is fake!

This is not true, I have met several lawyers who make terrible grammatical errors when talking or writing!
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Tranquility2345: 9:51am On Jan 17
Kobicove:

This is not true, I have met several lawyers who make terrible grammatical errors when talking or writing!

In your village. Right? undecided
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by bukiah: 7:44pm On Jan 17
VEXT:

Go and work hard and make money leave God alone
e pain you. Sorry, no cry. Oponu
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by pansophist(m): 9:50pm On Jan 17
Japa.

Nigerian have cast. This is not about patriotism, or "e go better", just make sure you have another home somewhere, then continue living in Nigeria if you want.

Japa doesn't have to be a permanent move, but a strategic one. For example, politicians and celebrities sees Nigeria as their hustling ground, but make sure their children all have foreign citizenship.

Japa was not a thing thirty years ago. Twenty years ago, it was way easier to leave Nigeria, ten years ago, it was moderately easy to leave Nigeria due to naira strength, it was not uncommon for a market woman to send a child abroad for example.

But right now, it's exceptionally difficult to leave Nigeria. Ten years later, it will almost be impossible. Everything is working against you, from the fall of naira, to countries tightening immigration laws, and fewer countries giving Nigerians visa free entry.

Right now if you minus the other ECOWAS countries from our visa free list, Nigerians are practically caged and can't go anywhere meaningful. Right now, you can legitly earn 1M naira a month, and you won't be able to afford a trip abroad with your family.

So it's not about if you should leave or stay, but that you should secure a home elsewhere first, then if you decide to stay, feel free to do so. This is the most reasonable move. You owe it to your kids to give them a good future.

And a different nationality in addition to the Nigerian one is a good start. Imagine being shocked that a country require a visa from you, because you're not used to applying for visa, and almost all countries does not require a visa from you?

That's actually my reality. I'm too egoistic to apply for a visa. If any country requires a visa from me, then most likely I'm not going there. Thankfully, almost all country I can enter without a visa, except maybe North Korea.

You don't want that?

The west is fighting a proxy war with Russia through Ukraine. Even though they are political enemies presently, western countries still don't need a visa to enter Russia. But Nigeria is at peace with Russia, Ukraine and everyone, but they want a visa for us.

Leave jare.

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of Anambra Woman & Her 2 Kids Who Died In Accident / 6 Foods You Should Avoid As A First-time Flyer / 7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.