Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria (27952 Views)

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? / 10 Million Naira To Japa Or Business In Nigeria / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Oluhitare562: 8:36pm On Jan 15
see below

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Thabothabo101: 8:36pm On Jan 15
deyplay:
if it is Canada, no need of him visiting to decide because you will be discouraged, because Canada you see on TV and that you hear
about is different from the Real Canada when you come here. Secondly, 15meter is small to go through student route, because most good schools are 18m for both semesters. Now, my answer to your question is , Japa, still come here. One or two years , you will get balance back. Rich people in Nigeria who want to japa, note that relocating abroad is a long term goal with a long term achievement. It may not come as expected, but your living conditions will be better. Leave and take the risk, you can always be visiting Nigeria any time you like. Japa!!!!!!!

Great comment. OP better read comments like this.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by baba4thegehs: 8:37pm On Jan 15
Cruise777:
cool

Go on 2 weeks vacation abeg so you can see clearly, you decision would be better informed when you walk the street on your own, without paparazzi picture and fake life people

With which money?

Vacation to Canada can gulp that 5m out of the 7m for return tickets and accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by 4mular(m): 8:37pm On Jan 15
Please, can I japa to Canada with a budget of 7million through study route?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Myer(m): 8:37pm On Jan 15
VEXT:
Most of u just come online to showoff
Poverty mentality.
No gree for your village people this year. Go to church let God deliver you from this mentality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by yinkeys(m): 8:37pm On Jan 15
VEXT:
Na lie full inside

3 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Thabothabo101: 8:37pm On Jan 15
janda1:

Move to Austria

Cost 3m-4m for the whole package

How is this possible? Mind sharing the details?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by appini: 8:39pm On Jan 15
Try Scandinavian countries, na name Canada con dey for now.
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Timidangote(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15
My own question is how do you intend to save in this current economy?
I wish you can teach me your savings model

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by pepetua(m): 8:41pm On Jan 15
This japa question all the time I don't understand
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Evolutionism: 8:42pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.
In all honesty I made between 600k-1.5m per month.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much

Stay permanently in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by olola4(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15
saintkeppy:

I'm in need of such, though I'm not going to UK but Romania. Check ProConnect Education or EduFin Micro Finance Bank

Romania ke...Nigeria is better than Romania or almost the same, most Romania are here in the UK doing warehouse and factory work.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 8:43pm On Jan 15
CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

You can travel as much as you want but don't Japa!

You're living the life most Nigerians want.

Modified - After much consideration concerning the security state of 9ja, I'd advise you to make a well-detailed research before Japaing.

Just don't go from lawyer to cleaning people's nyansh.

Also, avoid UK at all cost.

Question of the day - why aren't people trying Russia?

That's the point, I just don't want to go from lawyer to cleaning nyansh. I really need advice mostly from senior lawyers practicing here and lawyers that are in abroad, particularly Canada

4 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by obaidan: 8:43pm On Jan 15
VEXT:
e no show off, na u need check yourself. If he doesn't give full details how will he get a suitable advice.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Akano5(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15
abba190:
my brother japaaaaaa dont stay nigeria is a hell on earth u are lucky to have 7ml in ur account while u are in ur early 30s. i am 29 i no get shi shi for account next year even if na by foot i must japa to italy

Damn, man must Japa

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by AirBay: 8:43pm On Jan 15

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Candreva: 8:44pm On Jan 15
How can you be earning btw 600k - 1.5m and still want to japa. Japa may eventually be better on the long run, but before it gets better you will blame yourself everyday for making the decision. I've been here for 7 years, it's better now, but if I was making your kind of money in Nigeria, and have the experience of japa that I currently have, I would never opt for japa! 💯

14 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by folake4u(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15
Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route.

Going through student route to Canada is no longer worth it.

Best bet is PR route but you'd lose points since you're already 30+, but it's achievable if you add French certification to give you more points. And also your Law degree is equivalent to a Canadian Masters degree when you evaluate it through CES, IQAS or ICAS. (Not WES please).

Just go through PR route.

5 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by BarrElChapo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 15
CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

Modified - After much consideration concerning the security state of 9ja, I'd advise you to make a well-detailed research before Japaing.

Actually in 2 years he can practice as a lawyer in the UK since we both do common law just like Canada

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by olola4(m): 8:45pm On Jan 15
Ricci22:
Please guys I need new some information!!

I just got offer of admission to study in the UK,,, I need information regarding the best loan or study aid to fund my studies... I also need some information about the federal government student loan......my registration begins by September 2024

Bro, don't borrow money to come to UK most doesn't end well, except from family who can easily understand ur plight and who will be patient, the grass is not always green at the other side.

4 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 8:46pm On Jan 15
@op. You've highlighted your chances of carrer growth in Nigeria- what career path are you looking at in Canada?

Are there colleagues who have migrated you could speak with?
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Truthshotcrazy: 8:46pm On Jan 15
VEXT:
grin grin cool
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by tonicyril: 8:46pm On Jan 15
spiSeyi:
Jakpa is meant for your type, meanwhile set up a business venture for your wife and augment your business ventures. undecided
The bitter truth is that you can't save up to 4 M /year in Canada 🇨🇦 cool

Wait..what are u saying sir??

He can't save up to 4m or 40m...

Please come again sir.

Or do u mean $4M??

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 8:47pm On Jan 15
CandidAdmin:
Don't Japa!

What's special about Russia?, Please if you know reveal it here
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by planetx: 8:48pm On Jan 15
Canada that people are running away from, you are an attention seeker anyway so you ain't going no where.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 8:48pm On Jan 15
emperor4love:
Hope u see wat is happening in Nigeria, from Abuja to benue nd Jo's even south east,no talk say e no go reach ur area,if u hv means to liv bro liv naija

Noted
Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by RETURNOFENDSARS: 8:51pm On Jan 15
ITbomb:
If you have the resources and good prospects, please leave

I know that I do but the fear of unknown

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 8:51pm On Jan 15
RETURNOFENDSARS:
I'm a lawyer, called in 2016. I'm married with a kid and I'm in my early 30s. My wife is not working, so I have been the one shouldering the responsibility, despite that, God has given me my own house. Three bedrooms flat in front and three bedrooms flat at the back, all with full pop, water heater, full tiles, in fact all the modern facilities.

Just of recent, the zeal to Japa to Canada has been on my mind through school route. I currently have like 7m in my account and I know I could raise it till 15m before the end of the year. The cost of schooling keep giving me issue. How will someone travel abroad and spend over 15m when I could used the money to buy hostel from people who desperately needs money or invest in real estate.

Another concern of mine is that the future of legal profession is reducing because of the amount clients are paying particularly in the area of agreement and other things.

Definitely, I won't be selling the house if I decide to relocate, the rent from the two flats will go to my mom and the least could only be 500k per year. I won't have issues sending money at home.

Please, I really need advice from lawyers that are there, how do you cope migrating. Is it advisable I leave, if yes, what are the first things I might encounter, if am relocating it will be with my family. I just don't want to regret relocating. The exchange rate is just too much

If you can afford it leave now

Inflation is already at 29%

USD @ 1300 heading to 2000

The earlier the better

3 Likes

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Localordinary: 8:52pm On Jan 15
You can send your wifey and kid to study over there whilst you keep your hustle going. After 1 year or there about, you cab join your family. When relocating abroad, note that you are about starting your life all over again, especially if you are going as a student.

RETURNOFENDSARS:

1 Like

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Segzy19: 8:52pm On Jan 15
Sorry is your case...

You have all these and you still have the capacity to make more money. Yet you are considering japa...
Maybe your wife is the one putting you under pressure to japa abi...

Your grass is already green over here... You dey find wetin no lost ....

Continue!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by sunboy(m): 8:53pm On Jan 15
You’re doing comfortably well in Nigeria already. No point japa-ing to start all over again. Look up what it takes to practice in that profession in the abroad, might be worth it to stay back and enjoy your career back home.

Las las, only you can make your decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Or Stay In Nigeria by Teeboy3114: 8:53pm On Jan 15
This is good idea with situation of the country,but my advice for u bro is, don't go with family go alone first remember is not ur father land and don't plan to sell your properties but never forget u have family in this unsafe country let your family ginger you to let you kw what you are doing over there in the next 2 - 3 yrs u will rejoice with your family over there ore ooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / Inside The Magnificent Hermitage Museum Saint Petersburg, Russia / Tanker Crushes A Motorcyclist, Others To Death In Rivers State (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.