Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? (3199 Views)

Tinubu: I Don't Belive In One Nigeria (1997) / Shittes: "We Are Not Armed. If We Were Armed, These People Cannot Face Us" / Saraki Is In Trouble, If Anything Happens To These People Says Kwara Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Streetdoctor: 11:14am On Jan 15
Brendaniel:

I still feel it is hacked....
I doubt,
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Cruise777: 11:15am On Jan 15
[quote author=Streetdoctor post=127951693][/quote]

Go and eat now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by ILoveNG: 11:18am On Jan 15
Streetdoctor:

Like dis

If only you guys can come out straight that the suffering is really affecting you people instead of hiding behind others.

Check the pages of Nairaland, you can only see pictures like this in the comments of you and your brothers. If it’s a lie then you can call me any name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Streetdoctor: 11:19am On Jan 15
Cruise777:

Go and eat now
Do I look like Westcoast begger?

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Streetdoctor: 11:21am On Jan 15
ILoveNG:

If only you guys can come out straight that the suffering is really affecting you people instead of hiding behind others.

Check the pages of Nairaland, you can only see pictures like this in the comments of you and your brothers. If it’s a lie then you can call me any name.
Lolssss, an average igbo man is into trading, no matter how rough and tough naija Wan bi, trader must sell

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by online4business: 11:43am On Jan 15
Tinubulation just dey start baba never see anything.

People will feel the heat jan-march and when harvest time reach as bandit no allow farmers farm.

Get out now why you can

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by N3TRAL: 11:52am On Jan 15
I supported Tinubu because of the so called "track record" as Governor of Lagos State.

The picture is now clearer and it is very true that nothing remarkable has happened in Lagos from 1999 till date apart from regressive taxation that drives government revenue.

Development in Lagos has been driven and still inspired largely by the private sector, as it should be in a capitalist society, and everything government has done is nothing outstanding given the huge resources of the State.

I swallowed the lie that "he works with the best technocrats". Cardoso, Edun and the rest do not have answers to Nigeria's fiscal and monetary policies crises. They're the average corporate ladder climbers and not as good as Mrs Iweala and Soludo who led the best economy that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

The Ex-Governors who misappropriated public funds are now in charge of the National Government and there's no redemption in sight.

It isn't too early for a candid mind to resolve that it would be backs and forths with no solution to the epileptic power supply, our weak security architecture and the depreciating naira at the end of the tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by pquaver(m): 11:55am On Jan 15
Noerection:
Wonder shall never end
The same people claiming to be the Billionaires in the country still claiming hunger

The thing no shock u?
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:00pm On Jan 15
Lol God knows I am definitely voting for tinubu in 2027. We must finish what you guys started grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Benzigler: 12:14pm On Jan 15
Blackfire:

Thunder fire .......u

Why should thunder fire him for speaking up? you don't want Nigeria to work?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by omohayek: 12:37pm On Jan 15
N3TRAL:
I supported Tinubu because of the so called "track record" as Governor of Lagos State.

The picture is now clearer and it is very true that nothing remarkable has happened in Lagos from 1999 till date apart from regressive taxation that drives government revenue.

Development in Lagos has been driven and still inspired largely by the private sector, as it should be in a capitalist society, and everything government has done is nothing outstanding given the huge resources of the State.

I swallowed the lie that "he works with the best technocrats". Cardoso, Edun and the rest do not have answers to Nigeria's fiscal and monetary policies crises. They're the average corporate ladder climbers and not as good as Mrs Iweala and Soludo who led the best economy that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

The Ex-Governors who misappropriated public funds are now in charge of the National Government and there's no redemption in sight.

It isn't too early for a candid mind to resolve that it would be backs and forths with no solution to the epileptic power supply, our weak security architecture and the depreciating naira at the end of the tenure.
Your comments here are much more cogent and fact-based than the one you started the thread with, or the follow-up in which you insinuated (while carefully avoiding being explicit about who you were referring to) that Yorubas prefer northerners to people from the SE - which is rich with irony, given how many of the comments responding to this thread have been by the usual tribal warriors from that region gleefully mocking your "road to Damascus" experience or indulging in childish gloating.

Perhaps you ought to reflect on the possibility that any apparent lack of fondness for the SE you might be seeing just might stem from the unrelenting hostility, arrogance and hypocrisy of so many who claim that region as their place of origin (as witnessed on this very thread). The fact is that one hardly ever sees Hausas expressing such malicious intent towards people from the SW, and it is beyond reason to expect people to love those who seem to hate them intensely, despite millions of the group expressing said hatred having lived in their millions amongst the people they despise for decades, all the while unmolested and allowed to prosper. That said group seems to hate the northerners as much as it hates people from the SW is hardly any kind of redeeming feature.

Now, returning to the points you've made above, I agree with you that Cardoso has yet to prove himself being close to fit for the role of CBN governor, and I said as much on here, on the very day his appointment was announced. A good CBN governor needed to be someone with a strong economics background, as well as the backbone required to hike interest rates as needed no matter what Tinubu or other politicians might have wanted. Cardoso clearly lacked both qualities, which was why I foresaw he would be a failure in the role. It's clear that Tinubu has lost all appetite for serious reform after the backlash to his half-hearted effort at abolishing the petrol subsidy (which is still in place no matter what they say to contrary), so the last thing he wants is a CBN governor who is determined enough to bring down inflation to cause serious economic pain. Anything even slightly controversial (like deregulation of the power sector, or privatization of money-pit "parastatals" ) has been put aside for meaningless "palliatives" and other such measures to appease the masses. The consequence is that Nigeria's economy is now doomed to another 3 years of lackluster growth as we wait for the next electoral cycle to begin.

Having said all the above, what you need to ask yourself is not whether supporting Tinubu was the right thing to do, but whether any of the alternatives would have done better. Neither Atiku nor Obi have magic wands they could use to wish away the pain from abolishing the petrol subsidy, but they would still have been forced to start their terms by doing so, as the alternative was Nigeria defaulting on its foreign loans, and then being shut out of the financial markets for decades. Where would the funds have come from to offer more meaningful "palliatives" to appease the public wrath?

In addition, there is the question of whether either Atiku or Obi have shown themselves in word or deed as being even an iota more principled, honest or intelligent than Tinubu, and the answer is a clear NO. Atiku made his fortune by abusing every one of his public offices to award himself favorable concessions, while Obi refused to pay salaries or maintain roads for months on end, so he could skim the interest from parking the funds in a bank he had a share in, a sin he compounded through his theft of security vote funds (for which he was nabbed red-handed), his use of public money to prop up a brewery he controlled (by using his parents as fronts), and his opening of an offshore account in a foreign tax haven 4 years into his governorship. That was bad enough, but then look at how both men have pandered to the public at every turn since losing the election - neither has been honest that Nigeria was headed for serious short term pain no matter who won. I won't even get started on the reality that Obi could never have passed any legislation or got a single appointment through a NASS in which both the House and the Senate are controlled by the APC (and therefore, by Tinubu).

Please continue your criticism of Tinubu (criticism he richly deserves), but you don't do your argument any favors by giving it a tribal coloration suggesting he's in office because Yorubas are somehow particularly guilty of tribalism. If they were, Obi wouldn't have won in Lagos and Atiku in Osun, even as 90% of the SE gave their vote to a man they themselves called a "do-nothing" mediocrity while he was governor. If anything, it's the relentless, mostly baseless, and very clearly tribal nature of the attacks on Tinubu emanating from certain quarters which makes it harder for Yorubas to hold him to account. If the loudest voices against Tinubu are motivated purely by tribalism without regard for political ideology or personal records, what do Yorubas have to gain by abandoning their own for someone else's tribal champion who has nothing to offer beyond skewing appointments to his own "kinsmen"?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by omohayek: 12:48pm On Jan 15
hedonido:
This is why I looked at anybody supporting Tinubu during the election cycle with utmost disgust. I only exempted hustlers whose support for him was based on the rational, realistic expectation of self gain (appointment, contracts, etc). Of course the vast majority of mostly Yoruba elements who supported him had no ostensible link to him, and thus did not have any realistic chance of personally benefitting from appointments or contracts or other similar gains. They only supported him for ethnic reasons and such. They essentially cut their nose to spite their face. Such self-loathing madness has lasting consequences. And in my school of thought, forgiveness is unforgivable.

That's why I made up my mind to cut off ALL of these bastards. As it stands I don't have a single (former) friend or associate who openly expressed support for Tinubu that I'm still in contact with. Some of them are slyly trying to sneak back into my good graces, but they always meet a cold rebuff. If you're not bringing business or deals worth multi millions or even billions from the horrible Tinubu you heartlessly supported, then what the Bleep would I be doing with you?

It is very very sad because we all knew it from the beginning that no average, neutralz enlightened Nigerian with a conscience would wish a Tinubu upon this country at a time like this. Now the expected is unfolding and it is only just the beginning. Why should anyone act surprised?
And here we see the sort of arrogant, hypocritical tribalist who exemplifies all the sins I've mentioned. By all means, keep indulging your delusions of grandeur about the "millions" and "billions" in deals you're supposedly contemplating, if said fantasies help you get through whatever humdrum existence has filled you up with so much obvious hatred.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by ILoveNG: 12:53pm On Jan 15
Streetdoctor:

Lolssss, an average igbo man is into trading, no matter how rough and tough naija Wan bi, trader must sell

Why are your people crying on every thread if this is true?

Your brothers have variety of this screenshot which corroborate my point. I’m sure this is not the first time you are posting this and this won’t be last. Says enough about a trader who is not hungry 😂
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Streetdoctor: 1:52pm On Jan 15
ILoveNG:

Why are your people crying on every thread if this is true?

Your brothers have variety of this screenshot which corroborate my point. I’m sure this is not the first time you are posting this and this won’t be last. Says enough about a trader who is not hungry 😂
But na lie?
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Regex: 1:57pm On Jan 15
tensazangetsu20:
Lol God knows I am definitely voting for tinubu in 2027. We must finish what you guys started grin grin grin

From Chile? Pele...😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:02pm On Jan 15
Regex:

From Chile? Pele...😂 😂

I will go back and vote for him. How I suffered to get voters card to vote peter obi. It cant waste o. I must vote tinubu. He must finish what he started. Bloody fools cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Regex: 2:23pm On Jan 15
tensazangetsu20:

I will go back and vote for him. How I suffered to get voters card to vote peter obi. It cant waste o. I must vote tinubu. He must finish what he started. Bloody fools cheesy cheesy cheesy

😂 😂...I fit enter Naija before then sha... Maybe January for two weeks or so.
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Seunpapa65: 2:26pm On Jan 15
This my 1.5 if I manage make am 2m I dey go Canada straight nothing person wan tell me undecided undecided
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by omohayek: 2:35pm On Jan 15
hedonido:

My brain isn't fully developed enough to read between the lines and discern context. I can't help you.

But I assure you that hopeless, hatefully tribalistic ronu-minded nonentities like me who opposed Tinubu for irrational reasons would continue to suffer multidimensional misery. I've earned it.
Yes, you're clearly doomed to a life of impoverished misery, at the end of which you will go to your pauper's grave convinced that "ronu-minded nonenties" were to blame for all the problems which befell you in your sad excuse for a life. Nigeria's tragedy is that far too many of its people share your glaring intellectual shortcomings, ensuring that national political contests always turn into "tribal" struggles for supremacy instead of being based on idealogies and policy proposals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Benzigler: 2:52pm On Jan 15
Nigeria is a disgrace as a Country, what is purpose of being in that Country when your safety is not guarantee. I knew it will be business as usual with Tinubu as president. any serious Country would have put a stop to the kidnapping and provide steady power first like other Africa Countries. I gave up over a decade ago.

2 Likes

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Benzigler: 2:59pm On Jan 15
PROUDIGBO:

Spot on!

The biggest problem with Nigeria is that the lunatics seem to be more in number than the reasonable and dispassionate ones, and the former have taken over the asylum! I mean....how can we see the mistake we made with Buhari, that divided and sunk Nigeria down to socio-economic depths not witnessed since the uncivil war, then continue on the same path to perdition by 'voting' in his partner-in-crime out of pettiness, stubborness, tribalism and greed!? We keep shooting ourselves in the foot and then start wondering why Nigeria isn't peaceful, united and competing with the likes of UAE, Singapore, South-Korea and even little Botswana down the road....countries we had better prospects than on 1st oct', 1960!

Ndi ara!

Well put!! there's no bright future for that Country called Nigeria even in next 500 years just like you said lunatics, uneducated seem to be more in number than the reasonable ones. those lunatic and illiterates will continue to make choice for us until we split because that's where we are actually heading to.

3 Likes

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Airlohim(m): 3:23pm On Jan 15
N3TRAL:

Yes, I deeply apologize.

It's been 8 months of blaming Emefiele and past ministers.

8 months of Naira and forex scarcity even though Emefiele is standing trial.

8 months of miliatary jets bombing civilians.

8 months of the vast majority of Nigerian men in ungoverned spaces within our territory watching on as their wives and daughters are raped by bandits.

8 months of helpless mothers looking on as the children they carried for 9 months and breastfed are slaughtered for hours without response from security agencies.

8 months of multinationals deserting the country and worsening our unemployment ratio.

It's been 8 months of pro-government propaganda.

8 months of verifying who owns Lagos.

8 months of moving from one international summit to another with no remarkable improvement at home.

It's been 8 months of calling those who are brave enough to speak up "sore losers."

I am tired.

I almost cried reading this. Good to know that there are still people with conscience in this country
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by 7lives: 4:45pm On Jan 15
N3TRAL:
Growing up amongst people who are geographically from the South of the country has made me realize that phrases like "power must return to the south" are laced with deceit.

There is actually no "South" in the heart of the average person from this part of the country. The part of the country hates and despises others in the deeper south and East while loving and revering our fellow citizens up North.

I had a conversation recently with about 10 young professionals from the part of the country. They were all in their early 20s. All of them confessed that they loved the Northerners more than those from "South South" or the "South East". Their reason was that the Northerners were "humble" and "did not like money".

It is heart breaking that a younger generation have inherited the hate of their parents against a group that contribute meaningfully to the economic life of their towns while loving those who have only tried to conquer their enclave starting from Ilorin.

Sometimes I think that the hate is motivated by envy and deep rooted jealousy.

This one choke o, accept my sympathy.
I guess the current president is not from the South, your heart aches though.
But still na the thing wey your grandparents cook you go chop.
Iyan egberun odun ma ngbona feli feli, ask the Chinese.

2 Likes

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Ozommadu: 5:07pm On Jan 15
ILoveNG:

It appears that it’s you and your people are the ones learning, hence the noise 😂

True cheesy

Atleast I learnt "ebi pa wa oo" last month grin
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Ozommadu: 5:10pm On Jan 15
N3TRAL:
Growing up amongst people who are geographically from the South of the country has made me realize that phrases like "power must return to the south" are laced with deceit.

There is actually no "South" in the heart of the average person from this part of the country. The part of the country hates and despises others in the deeper south and East while loving and revering our fellow citizens up North.

I had a conversation recently with about 10 young professionals from the part of the country. They were all in their early 20s. All of them confessed that they loved the Northerners more than those from "South South" or the "South East". Their reason was that the Northerners were "humble" and "did not like money".

It is heart breaking that a younger generation have inherited the hate of their parents against a group that contribute meaningfully to the economic life of their towns while loving those who have only tried to conquer their enclave starting from Ilorin.

Sometimes I think that the hate is motivated by envy and deep rooted jealousy.

Hmmm

Somebody has taken over this account...no be N3TRAL the tribal bigot wey we know be this.

Confess now, who are you? How did you take over this account
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Ozommadu: 5:22pm On Jan 15
omohayek:

Your comments here are much more cogent and fact-based than the one you started the thread with, or the follow-up in which you insinuated (while carefully avoiding being explicit about who you were referring to) that Yorubas prefer northerners to people from the SE - which is rich with irony, given how many of the comments responding to this thread have been by the usual tribal warriors from that region gleefully mocking your "road to Damascus" experience or indulging in childish gloating.

Perhaps you ought to reflect on the possibility that any apparent lack of fondness for the SE you might be seeing just might stem from the unrelenting hostility, arrogance and hypocrisy of so many who claim that region as their place of origin (as witnessed on this very thread). The fact is that one hardly ever sees Hausas expressing such malicious intent towards people from the SW, and it is beyond reason to expect people to love those who seem to hate them intensely, despite millions of the group expressing said hatred having lived in their millions amongst the people they despise for decades, all the while unmolested and allowed to prosper. That said group seems to hate the northerners as much as it hates people from the SW is hardly any kind of redeeming feature.

Now, returning to the points you've made above, I agree with you that Cardoso has yet to prove himself being close to fit for the role of CBN governor, and I said as much on here, on the very day his appointment was announced. A good CBN governor needed to be someone with a strong economics background, as well as the backbone required to hike interest rates as needed no matter what Tinubu or other politicians might have wanted. Cardoso clearly lacked both qualities, which was why I foresaw he would be a failure in the role. It's clear that Tinubu has lost all appetite for serious reform after the backlash to his half-hearted effort at abolishing the petrol subsidy (which is still in place no matter what they say to contrary), so the last thing he wants is a CBN governor who is determined enough to bring down inflation to cause serious economic pain. Anything even slightly controversial (like deregulation of the power sector, or privatization of money-pit "parastatals" ) has been put aside for meaningless "palliatives" and other such measures to appease the masses. The consequence is that Nigeria's economy is now doomed to another 3 years of lackluster growth as we wait for the next electoral cycle to begin.

Having said all the above, what you need to ask yourself is not whether supporting Tinubu was the right thing to do, but whether any of the alternatives would have done better. Neither Atiku nor Obi have magic wands they could use to wish away the pain from abolishing the petrol subsidy , but they would still have been forced to start their terms by doing so, as the alternative was Nigeria defaulting on its foreign loans, and then being shut out of the financial markets for decades. Where would the funds have come from to offer more meaningful "palliatives" to appease the public wrath?

In addition, there is the question of whether either Atiku or Obi have shown themselves in word or deed as being even an iota more principled, honest or intelligent than Tinubu, and the answer is a clear NO. Atiku made his fortune by abusing every one of his public offices to award himself favorable concessions, while Obi refused to pay salaries or maintain roads for months on end, so he could skim the interest from parking the funds in a bank he had a share in, a sin he compounded through his theft of security vote funds (for which he was nabbed red-handed), his use of public money to prop up a brewery he controlled (by using his parents as fronts), and his opening of an offshore account in a foreign tax haven 4 years into his governorship. That was bad enough, but then look at how both men have pandered to the public at every turn since losing the election - neither has been honest that Nigeria was headed for serious short term pain no matter who won. I won't even get started on the reality that Obi could never have passed any legislation or got a single appointment through a NASS in which both the House and the Senate are controlled by the APC (and therefore, by Tinubu).

Please continue your criticism of Tinubu (criticism he richly deserves), but you don't do your argument any favors by giving it a tribal coloration suggesting he's in office because Yorubas are somehow particularly guilty of tribalism. If they were, Obi wouldn't have won in Lagos and Atiku in Osun, even as 90% of the SE gave their vote to a man they themselves called a "do-nothing" mediocrity while he was governor. If anything, it's the relentless, mostly baseless, and very clearly tribal nature of the attacks on Tinubu emanating from certain quarters which makes it harder for Yorubas to hold him to account. If the loudest voices against Tinubu are motivated purely by tribalism without regard for political ideology or personal records, what do Yorubas have to gain by abandoning their own for someone else's tribal champion who has nothing to offer beyond skewing appointments to his own "kinsmen"?

So because tilumbu has failed,no other person can do it?? Isn't that your analysis??

Like you supported buhari for 8 wasted years even after seeing his incompetency in the first 4year? I don't have anything to say to you because we're in this together, I just hope you're doing better.

Meanwhile, in 2027 we're still voting clueless tilumbu because to you neither Atiku or Obi is better...o Di mma
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by mightyhaze: 5:23pm On Jan 15
ThubVee broke every damned records and negative indices

Look at a loyal disciple screaming his knobs out in agony.. others in frustration are trying to turn the house rowdy by escalating the tribalism on here to divert realities on ground..but thank God Seun and his mob are on ground to beat back their stupidity..

It's well

1 Like

Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Ozommadu: 5:29pm On Jan 15
CandidAdmin:
You are not the only at fault.
Obidients also need to stop that trend of if his not on my team, He is an enemy.
Apc supporters need to stop supporting everything APC does. Condemn the ones that need to be condemned

Both LP, APC and PDP supporters need to stop attacking the messanger and start attacking the message.

The question now is, Are there better days ahead for 9ja.
Anyways, anyone wey fit help me with me with anything?

You no well grin

That last sentence na for wetin?
Re: Do These People Really Love Or Belive In Nigeria? by Putindbutt: 5:31pm On Jan 15
Just 8months, this one don join wailers. Tinubu does not need weaklings and pessimists like you in his camp. Almost 8years, Biden is having 33% rating, you think governance is that easy?. E even dey shade Edun and Cardoso.. i laught at your gullibility, after 8years of economic destruction by Emefiele and Mrs Ahmad, you think economic recovery is as simple as laying your bed?, ignorance is your problem. Okonjo iweala enjoyed oil boom, more than enough FX, as a matter of fact, his boss, GEJ inherited a whooping $20billion ECA from OBJ, yet we fell into recession after GEJ and Okonjo's financial recklessness. Tinubu is refixing and retooling the fundamentals but you want magic to happen. Thank goodness, Tinubu never promised magic but hope. You want us to keep paying subsidy and defending naira with $2billion monthly?. You're so myopic that you even brought in tribalism yet fulani man won Osun and an ibo man won Lagos. Please pack all your loads and enter wailer's camp permanently and don't ever look back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borehole Completed By LG Chairman In Ketu Vs Borehole By Former Governor / 23 People Die As Robbers Chase Luxury Bus To Accident / Stakeholders Decry ‘institutionalisation’ Of Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.