Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel (30332 Views)

Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres / Marketers Will Pay Naira For Dangote Fuel, Says IPMAN / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Alpharey: 8:49am On Jan 15
By the time he finished buying the whole Nigeria, you will be hearing "Nigergote". We don't want to get things right in this country.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 8:50am On Jan 15
gadgetplanetng:
If the sell the crude oil to the refinery at a cost plus basis, we would have affordable fuel.

International prices do not take costs into consideration which is why some oil producers, especially the shale and co stop producing below a certain level.

Nigerian crude is cheap to produce.

Who told you Nigerian crude is cheap to produce? Its actually quite expensive. Let me tell you 3 things (amongst many that make our oil expensive to produce)

1. NDDC levvy - 3% of oil companies annual budget
2. Host community development Levy - 3% of preceeding year operating expenditure.
3. Insecurity - oil companies pay huge amounts per year to secure producing assets and staff who move in the Niger Delta region.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Indispensable85(m): 8:52am On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:
The only thing I don't understand is the production of only diesel and jet fuel... and not pms... but diesel and jet fuel are by- products from pms .... so how are they now producing diesel and jet fuel without pms

How can diesel and jet fuel be by-products of pms? Madam haba Lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by lexy2014: 8:52am On Jan 15
ATEAMS:
2024 is Nigeria year of economics breakthrough......

Slow and steadily wins the race...

Nigeria will be great again regardless of all our shortcomings...

how is 2024 "Nigeria year of economics breakthrough"?

if you say Nigeria will be great again, what was it all this while?
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Indispensable85(m): 8:53am On Jan 15
I'm just waiting for the market price
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:55am On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:
The only thing I don't understand is the production of only diesel and jet fuel... and not pms... but diesel and jet fuel are by- products from pms .... so how are they now producing diesel and jet fuel without pms

Welcome to Nigeria. It's all politics my dear
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by ConfidentialDoc: 8:58am On Jan 15
christejames:
I am having the haunch that this Dangote Refinery is also producing PMS (fuel) but they are clandestinely hoarding it waiting for the right prize that will favour them before they dish them out to the markets...

They're waiting for 800/litre.
The budget is already set at 800 NGN/USD.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Bombolistic: 8:58am On Jan 15
How much will PMS cost to consumers. That's what I want to hear not these stories
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by leokid866: 9:02am On Jan 15
leroi01:
Made in Nigeria but we will purchase at import rates.

No changes.

We are in for a long thing.
purchase of Fuel is always done at International rate everywhere in the world, in Dangotes case all foreign purchase will be made through the CBN at their current dollar rate not black market while the Naira equivalent will be disbursed to Dangote for the purchase of fuel....this will give the CBN more dollar income to further stabilize the Naira and create more savings opportunities as against what we had before when purchase was made and sold at Black market rate....

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:04am On Jan 15
gadgetplanetng:
If the sell the crude oil to the refinery at a cost plus basis, we would have affordable fuel.

International prices do not take costs into consideration which is why some oil producers, especially the shale and co stop producing below a certain level.

Nigerian crude is cheap to produce.

No Nigerian crude ain't cheap to produce compared to Arabian crude Nigeria's crude is expensive oooo
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by NinjaMetahuman: 9:04am On Jan 15
Beverlyjean:
now this is a smart question I'm hoping damgote people will shed light on.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by blackgold2018(m): 9:05am On Jan 15
ATEAMS:
2024 is Nigeria year of economics breakthrough......

Slow and steadily wins the race...

Nigeria will be great again regardless of all our shortcomings...
calm down.. let's see the drop of the petroleum products prices first.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by leokid866: 9:06am On Jan 15
Kingrshd3:

As in ehn I still don't understand what's the mistery behind it..

Same Dangote cement is 6000 here for naija but in Ghana is 3000 and it is produced here 😢.

What's going on
Oga stop lying.... where in Ghana are you buying cement for 3K Naira?
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:06am On Jan 15
DMerciful:
You're smart. They are producing fuel but intend selling at current price

They want to hoard it, so that once NNPC supplies run out and scarcity starts they will push their fuel into the market at the set price they want.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:07am On Jan 15
epainos:

You don't want to buy at ingernational market price? That's subsidy na. Oga, get this mentality off your brain.

The most important is to live a quality life no matter the price. Our main concern is not for prices to be low, but for us to be able to afford these things.

The subsidies FG gave from 1960s until recently are all debts. Who will pay them? God? Pray to God that they should be cleared miraculously? Dey play! The coming generations go pay am. Ha ba! Let us try to hold these people accountable. Let us buy at the real price, but make it transparent. No need to accumulate debts for the coming generations because of our stup.idity.

But Obasanjo brought about debt relief. So those 1960 debts don't matter anymore. So what in the hell are you saying?
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:09am On Jan 15
Kingrshd3:

So u are pained that refinery is now working and Nigeria is going to be great again under Tinubu and not PitObi Abi 🤔

Enemy of progress

Oga shut up this is too childish. We are talking of rhe game of ensuring the high price of fuel remains and you are here still talking about Tinubu and PO. Try and be sensible naaaa.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by blackgold2018(m): 9:09am On Jan 15
Alexlalax1:
All these long grammars me no dey hear. All I wanna see is Naija being fixed by these morons. Na dem spoil am. Dangote this, Dangote that. Is he not the same person that made cement untouchable for the common man.
same thing here

I wouldn't be surprised with all the noises fuel might just be sold or reduced only at N550

While flights might just cut from only N30,000 difference.

Watch and see
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:10am On Jan 15
Kingrshd3:

If the price will be 500/L so that should answer ur question

Oga you are not making any sense. Just be silent.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by bluebay(m): 9:10am On Jan 15
Can’t stop laughing . I told them all that Dango refinery they all waiting for, won’t bring down any price .
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Sleekfingers: 9:11am On Jan 15
christejames:
I am having the haunch that this Dangote Refinery is also producing PMS (fuel) but they are clandestinely hoarding it waiting for the right prize that will favour them before they dish them out to the markets...

You might be right.....I think dangote want to sell the PMS to neighbouring countries e.g Togo, Benin Republic, Ghana etc

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by skj1377(m): 9:11am On Jan 15
leokid866:
purchase of Fuel is always done at International rate everywhere in the world, in Dangotes case all foreign purchase will be made through the CBN at their current dollar rate not black market while the Naira equivalent will be disbursed to Dangote for the purchase of fuel....this will give the CBN more dollar income to further stabilize the Naira and create more savings opportunities as against what we had before when purchase was made and sold at Black market rate....

Oga , what are you saying?? The crude was given to Dangote ( he has not paid) under a special arrangement by federal government. He insisted he wanted to use Nigerian crude and not foreign crude as was initially suggested to him . Dangote will purchase the crude in Naira and sell in Naira. If he exports refined products he will be paid in Dollars. The issue is most Nigerian elite have offshore accounts for their companies so I strongly believe the export proceeds will be sent to his offshore account so Nigeria does not benefit anything.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Realtruth2023: 9:13am On Jan 15
Indispensable85:

How can diesel and jet fuel be by-products of pms? Madam haba Lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

When PMS undergoes further catalytic cracking that is the end result
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by leokid866: 9:13am On Jan 15
Realtruth2023:

But Obasanjo brought about debt relief. So those 1960 debts don't matter anymore. So what in the hell are you saying?
debt relief only means part of the debt goes away not all....the debt will just be restructured in a way that will make it easier to pay, they knock off a few billion (most likely interest accured potions) and send you on your way.....banks and foreign lenders do it all the time.....
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by blackgold2018(m): 9:14am On Jan 15
leroi01:
Made in Nigeria but we will purchase at import rates.

No changes.

We are in for a long thing.
corruption will never let that refinery breathe.

Dangote will still succumb to the oil canals terms. Nothing will change. That's why they are yet to produce PMS or sell it.

1 Like

Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by sonssyo: 9:14am On Jan 15
How much is fuel going to be sold going forward, that's what I want to hear
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Originalsly: 9:16am On Jan 15
Who really cares if the plant cost N20B? Any more news on the refinery shouldn't make FP unless unless it states when PMS will be distributed and the price.
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by Alexlalax1(m): 9:18am On Jan 15
blackgold2018:
same thing here

I wouldn't be surprised with all the noises fuel might just be sold or reduced only at N550

While flights might just cut from only N30,000 difference.

Watch and see
No mind the people celebrating nonsense as is Dangote is the Messiah
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by just2endowed: 9:20am On Jan 15
Re: Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel by rajiedreez: 9:23am On Jan 15
Let's know how much they buy fuel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wives Of Southern Governors Visit Ambode / Edo 2020: President Buhari Commends Electoral Process / Pictures from Atiku's Presidential Rally In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.