Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres (17028 Views)

Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel / Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly / Buhari Endorses Plan To End Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Fareke: 6:24pm On Apr 30
The Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria (MEMAN) has concluded plans to take delivery of eight vessels containing over 300m litres of fuel to address the current fuel shortage.

Chairman of MEMAN, Huub Stokman, disclosed this during a press conference to address the current fuel scarcity across the country.

Daily Trust reports that fuel queues have lingered since the beginning of the week as motorists spend hours at filling stations.

Stockman who empathised with Nigerians over the frustration and difficulty they are experiencing said the priority of the major marketers and other stakeholders in the supply chain is to restore stability and ensure fuel supply.

He said, “Our top priority as MEMAN is to restore stability and ensure fuel supply with all depots and retail outlets across Nigeria promptly. We want to reassure the public that there is an adequate supply of PMS available.

“Our members are taking over 8 vessels this week with over 300m litres which is well above our normal level. Our depots will extend their loading times to ensure we load out as much as we can including tomorrow. Our partners in NARTO and PTDs have assured us of their support to make sure the product gets to the retail outlets quickly and safely. We would extend opening time of selected retail outlets to serve our customers as quickly as possible.”

According to him, independent marketers have been allocated additional PMS to alleviate the situation.

He also disclosed that the marketers are not changing prices, saying NNPC retail is not changing their price.

The Chairman further blamed the current situation on multiple causes bothering on logistics like bad weather outside the shores, saying, “However in the coming days we expect to see major improvement in the fuel situation. Based on the data we see, it would not take two weeks. I truly believe we would see improvement this week.”

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-major-marketers-move-to-end-fuel-scarcity-to-flood-market-with-300m-litres/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Namaster: 6:28pm On Apr 30
More promises??

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Laple0541(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30
Some people will be sad with that news.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by chido20(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30
Ndi Ara

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Queengee: 6:55pm On Apr 30
So how much will be the price, hope not 800naira they currently selling?

Meanwhile I thought they said dangote refinery now working so what's causing fuel scarcity and incessant increment again.
This country the more you look the more confused u get,

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Flame333: 6:55pm On Apr 30
Marketers on kolos

FG on kolos

Some Nigeria musicians on kolos

They just take pleasure in inflicting pains on vulnerable Nigeria through different means

Shame on you niggaz in power

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Hezzyluv: 6:56pm On Apr 30
ASAP I beg the suffering is too much
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by datola: 6:56pm On Apr 30
..move to end fuel scarcity abi move to make more money from Niegrians.

3 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Bobloco: 6:56pm On Apr 30
Na promises we go chop

4 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by graceypetee: 6:56pm On Apr 30
smiley How through is this
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Donedeal1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30
Always promises
So.were.have they been?.

8 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by yewit37486: 6:58pm On Apr 30
OLAOLUWA19:
Good move

SCAMMER. Once you edit your post and paste your begging post, I am reporting it for breaking rule 18 till you get banned. Scammer. It's every day you have been supposedly selling your phone and your stomach almost bursting for over one month.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Poll23: 6:58pm On Apr 30
Hasten up because Nigerians like taking opportunity
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by ironheart(m): 7:00pm On Apr 30
But they said 240m litres bath on Monday undecided
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by yewit37486: 7:00pm On Apr 30
OLAOLUWA19:
Good afternoon, well-meaning Nigerians,

Please I need your help Sir/Ma.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

This guy is a SCAMMER. Don't fall for his fake stories. Report his posts Rule 18.

11 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Chibuzoc(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30
grin
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Judolisco(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30
Na una know oh
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by 234GT(m): 7:09pm On Apr 30
propaganda as usual
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Ouchbabe(f): 7:10pm On Apr 30
This is a big relief if it's true.
The suffering is getting worse.
I had to trek halfway yesterday and today just to reduce transportation cost.
I'm home now totally worn out

2 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by UnabashedIPOB: 7:13pm On Apr 30
Another LIES and PROPAGANDA by your government to assuage the masses. Why are you guys so damn naive and gullible? There's no solution to the LIEGERIAN problem other than the disintegration of the contraption.

4 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by TGreatGatsby: 7:14pm On Apr 30
Flame333:
Marketers on kolos

FG on kolos

Some Nigeria musicians on kolos

They just take pleasure in inflicting pains on vulnerable Nigeria through different means

Shame on you niggaz in power

All the above👍

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Cantonese: 7:15pm On Apr 30
Nonsense.

A close look will reveal that the scarcity is a deliberate act to cause chaos in the system and increase the cost of petrol.

One day we hear government removed subsidy. The next government disclaims it. Next we are waiting for Dangote and Portharcourt. Next another reason for delay and increase.

Unfortunately citizens do not care. They are accustomed with endless misery and struggles. Leaders whose responsibility it is, will always ensure that people suffer more, as they do not care.

Get to the petrol stations and you’ll wonder what the crowd is doing there. People with cans, struggling to purchase petrol for their generators. You pay high cost for electricity and yet no light. You struggle to purchase petrol, adding more costs and strain to your finances. Infact out of fake lives, some people do not want to be outshone, so they also get petrol, out of Ora totally nothing in their pockets.

Wahala dey.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by ybalogs(m): 7:16pm On Apr 30
May God help them.

1 Like

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by Xscape1993(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30
Nigeria is not a serious country

2 Likes

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by ZombieTAMER: 7:22pm On Apr 30
Why are they telling us

do it like yesterday already..

propaganda government
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by ZombieTAMER: 7:23pm On Apr 30
Ouchbabe:
This is a big relief if it's true.
The suffering is getting worse.
I had to trek halfway yesterday and today just to reduce transportation cost.
I'm home now totally worn out

why haven't they done it already

till people start dropping dead on the roads
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by bigdammyj: 7:30pm On Apr 30
Noted.
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by F117nighthawk: 7:33pm On Apr 30
Useless country, useless agencies, useless system, useless leaders,all they do is create hardship ,milk the system, impoverish the people,steal from the system, nothing ever works or sustained in the system except criminality
Suffering and smiling nation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by taiwoowiat: 7:38pm On Apr 30
Planning to give each person 1.5 ltrs of fuel
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by sallazlee(m): 7:38pm On Apr 30
Una no serious,
Yeye association
Re: Major Marketers Move To End Fuel Scarcity, To Flood Market With 300m Litres by UHLmoving: 7:39pm On Apr 30
Where was the 3m liters before?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / I Have Chosen To Vote For GEJ - Ibinabo Fiberesima / Wike Meets Street Traders. Promises To Build Market For Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.