Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State (5418 Views)

Army Arrests An 'Unknown Gunman' From Ebonyi State (Video) / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life / Osibanjo Humiliated In His Polling Unit Vgc 033. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by PrinceofSarcasm: 2:54pm On Jan 16
paramakina202:

Nawao
Enugu state kwa?
This one surprised me cos I thought Enugu and Abakaliki/Ebonyi people are close being in one state together before.
It is like an Imo landlord rejecting someone from Abia state because of where he came from.

The op is not igbo and is lying to you . Stop feeding this madness

2 Likes

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by sonofsteven: 3:11pm On Jan 16
[quote author=Paraman post=127971102]The OP copied the post from FB[/quote

Thanks]
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Misterone: 3:25pm On Jan 16
Most likely, the woman that rejected you is a biafrian. Discrimination in Biafra will be worst than in anywhere else if that place ever exist
VEXT:
I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied An Opportunity Because I am From Ebonyi State - Nnajiofor Victoria Nnenna | #IgbereTV

14/01/2024, A Day I'll never forget!!!

Please be patient and read to the end πŸ™

I don't normally write much because I used to think that this writing thing is not for me. But due to the kind of pain I experienced last night, I've decided to pen this down regardless of how it may sound.

My desire to start up a poultry business started becoming a reality few days ago. The goal was to stock my day old chicks latest before the end of this weekend so I'll be able to sell off during Easter period. I experienced lot's of challenges as regards this business proposal, starting from the financial involvement down to the least challenge you can ever think of in a poultry business.

Notwithstanding, I was able to navigate through some of these challenges and I proceeded with the other stages involved.

Along the line, the major challenge became "A conducive space to carry out this business" . I'm trying this for the very first time as a business and in a large scale, so I am not really sure if I will continue or not. For this reason, I started looking for a temporary place. I wanted a place i can lease for a period of three months. I believe that the birds must have be fully grown by then.

I searched and searched and there was no available space to use in my area. I went from one poultry farm to the other to know if they would lease the place to me, paraventure they will not be needing it this period.
It's either they are using their pen, or they will get back to me, which they never did.

I finally got a place through someone's recommendation and I was very excited. Though I have never gone to see the place, but the woman told me she will talk to the owner on my behalf and know if she would like to lease the place since they are not using it for now. But before she did that, she gave me a maximum assurance that the space is readily available and the owner is even looking for someone to lease the place to. An additional merit is that she told me the place is well secured, the pen is well constructed, and there's a good source of water there. On hearing that, I fell in love with the place even without seeing the place.

She finally talked to the owner and the woman agreed that I should pay 7k per month. Though the woman that connected me to her said I should bargain with the owner when I get there, that she's likely going to reduce it.

it was around past nine in the night we went to meet the owner of the place. This is because the woman that got the place for me said she doesn't have chance in the day time. she sells provision and she cannot leave her shop like that.

Getting there, I met the owner and she offered us a seat. we started discussing and everything was going smooth until she asked "where are you from?

I'm from Ebonyi State, ma'am, I replied...

Ebonyi State? no, I don't have any dealings with you guys. You came to the wrong place.

Why did you say that, ma'am?
Ebonyi people are nothing but bad people, they are full of evil. I don't want to have anything to do with them.

But you don't even know me ma'am. I am from Ebonyi State doesn't mean I am evil, I replied back...

while I was still talking, she cut me short 🀦 and she said "there's nothing you will say that will make me to change my mind. And don't even bother going to beg my husband because he will never agree. Even if you offer us 10million naira, (she said that's the worth of the entire compound), we will never lease that space for you as long as you are from Ebonyi State.

Omooorrr, that was how she shut me up. I was completely speechless. We bade her goodnight and left.

while I was going home it wasn't me walking. I was lost in thought and full of pain. So many questions kept pondering in my heart and I began to ask myself:

Is it a crime to be an Ebonyian?
Has it really gotten to this extent?
Is the discrimination really necessary?
Like, how did we even get to this point.?
Why are we being treated like fools 😭

The pain of rejection is a very bad one. I've never experienced this kind of pain in my entire life. My only offence is that I am from Ebonyi State.
But that's who I am. I can't deny myself even if the whole world denies me.
I didn't choose myself, God choose me.

I don't know what Ebonyi People did to her, but believe me, Ebonyi State is full of amazing people and I am one of them.

I was really broken yesterday 😒
I cried the whole night 😭

This discrimination must stop!!!
we are humans too and we deserve a better treatment.

Actually, I wanted to keep this to myself but I was led to share this experience. I really want to motivate every indigen of Ebonyi State out there hustling in one way or the other. Keep it up darling, don't let their negative mindset gets to you. They are free to reject us, but they they cannot stop us from shinning.

#Pain
#Rejection
#Previledge denial
#Discrimination

I remain my humble self,
Nnajiofor Victoria Nnenna
From Ishielu Local Government Area, Ebonyi State.

I am from Ebonyi State, and I am proud to be from Ebonyi State.

May God Bless Ebonyi State πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

https://www.facebook.com/100077669374577/posts/pfbid035zND2q8SVS9pwKpgiHULnBpf3VTAUoqVYUjAeDiiPYpyAWbu9peiNbsRMAbtRmxLl/
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16
mcbreeze:
One person rejected you doesnt means everybody rejected or will reject you.

For her, to say this, I believe she had terrible experience with ndα»‹ Ebonyi though it is wrong to generalize.

Let it not bother you, there many out there that will accept you.
But least you have mentioned the state and location.

It's obvious you're part of this anti-Igbo propaganda and failed attempt at trying to cause division in the south-east! You're probably a alternate moniker of the OP or you all know yourselves!

What's your own state....down to village and clan?

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16
PrinceofSarcasm:

Seun this is a tribalist with obvious tribalims intent spreading false information.

It violates rules 2 and rules 8

This op must be banned

Seun mynd44 obinoscopy nlfpmd Dominique mukina2

I just replied you and it was hidden within minutes, yet all the posts inciting hatred towards Ndigbo and trying to cause division in the south-east remain untouched on this thread! Food for thought!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Raskimonojendor: 3:42pm On Jan 16
VEXT:

Enugu state
Even Enugu, I would have thought Anambra.

I was on a twitter space that almost scattered if the Ebonyi guy had not acted maturely because someone else called an him Abakaliki.

When Umahi made similar statement of the discrimination and even IPOB, I did not know it was that serious considering that Simon Ekpa is from Ebonyi.

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:54pm On Jan 16
Raskimonojendor:

Even Enugu, I would have thought Anambra.

I was on a twitter space that almost scattered if the Ebonyi guy had not acted maturely because someone else called an him Abakaliki.

When Umahi made similar statement of the discrimination and even IPOB, I did not know it was that serious considering that Simon Ekpa is from Ebonyi.

Should anyone really be surprised you're on here trying to give oxygen and drive the false and concocted narrative started by the OP!?

Remind us of your ethnicity again....and tell us if they're more united than Ndigbo! I bet you wouldn't! wink

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Raskimonojendor: 3:54pm On Jan 16
Mercury12:
Nah today e start?
It's better more ebonyi people speak up and end the bigotry, discrimination and hate on them by fellow igbos
They have started to speak out despite others trying to suppress them from voicing out.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Raskimonojendor: 3:56pm On Jan 16
PROUDIGBO:

Should anyone really be surprised you're on here trying to give oxygen and drive the false and concocted narrative started by the OP!?

Remind us of your ethnicity again....and tell us if they're more united than Ndigbo! I bet you wouldn't! wink
You want to derail the thread with your 2nd paragraph..

Why do you say people are giving it oxygen? It is only right for people to speak up, so that discrimination can end.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by henidord3: 4:12pm On Jan 16
OluwaJohn77:
I did my NYSC at Anambra, my observations is that Igbos from Anambra and Enugu States see themselves as the real Igbo and always prove superior to other igbos from other States.
They hardly marry Igbo from other states.

Igbos are not unite enough even in their land but if you see them from other states, you will thought they are the most united tribes in the world.

Igbo ladies marry other tribes because of the material things not because of LOVE. Davido and Chioma as a Case study. If you toast igbo lady She will ask you do you have money boldly to your face.

Yoruba People don't have this mentality, that is why Yorubas always marry themselves irrespective of States and also marry from other tribes
which Anambra and Enugu talk are u even typing here so

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by eagleu: 4:36pm On Jan 16
Ogonimilitant:
Ronu propaganda. Some Igbos will fall for this.

Haaaaaah
The OP is more like a Yoruba moooosleemmu than an Igbo girl from Ebonyi. We will not be deceived.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by WeddingParol: 5:02pm On Jan 16
What are you people trying to deny the truth? Instead, correct the wrong narrative.

An average Anambra person doesn't want to have anything to do with an Ebonyi person and they also do not really like Enugu people but their relationship is still better than that of Ebonyi.

There is an organisation I know which belongs to someone from Anambra, the Ebonyi guys in the company really suffered. The only reason they were not sacked was because they were old staff before the man took over and they do not want to make it obvious.

Enugu people remain the most friendly and nice people in the south east.
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Omoawoke2(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16
PrinceofSarcasm:

The op is not igbo and is lying to you . Stop feeding this madness

The OP did not claim to be Igbo, the op mentioned she/he copied the story from Facebook and gave the link
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by mcbreeze: 6:19pm On Jan 16
PROUDIGBO:

It's obvious you're part of this anti-Igbo propaganda and failed attempt at trying to cause division in the south-east! You're probably a alternate moniker of the OP or you all know yourselves!

What's your own state....down to village and clan?

Simple comprehension is your problem
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by myai42545: 7:04pm On Jan 16
VEXT:
I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied An Opportunity Because I am From Ebonyi State - Nnajiofor Victoria Nnenna | #IgbereTV

14/01/2024, A Day I'll never forget!!!

Please be patient and read to the end πŸ™

I don't normally write much because I used to think that this writing thing is not for me. But due to the kind of pain I experienced last night, I've decided to pen this down regardless of how it may sound.

My desire to start up a poultry business started becoming a reality few days ago. The goal was to stock my day old chicks latest before the end of this weekend so I'll be able to sell off during Easter period. I experienced lot's of challenges as regards this business proposal, starting from the financial involvement down to the least challenge you can ever think of in a poultry business.

Notwithstanding, I was able to navigate through some of these challenges and I proceeded with the other stages involved.

Along the line, the major challenge became "A conducive space to carry out this business" . I'm trying this for the very first time as a business and in a large scale, so I am not really sure if I will continue or not. For this reason, I started looking for a temporary place. I wanted a place i can lease for a period of three months. I believe that the birds must have be fully grown by then.

I searched and searched and there was no available space to use in my area. I went from one poultry farm to the other to know if they would lease the place to me, paraventure they will not be needing it this period.
It's either they are using their pen, or they will get back to me, which they never did.

I finally got a place through someone's recommendation and I was very excited. Though I have never gone to see the place, but the woman told me she will talk to the owner on my behalf and know if she would like to lease the place since they are not using it for now. But before she did that, she gave me a maximum assurance that the space is readily available and the owner is even looking for someone to lease the place to. An additional merit is that she told me the place is well secured, the pen is well constructed, and there's a good source of water there. On hearing that, I fell in love with the place even without seeing the place.

She finally talked to the owner and the woman agreed that I should pay 7k per month. Though the woman that connected me to her said I should bargain with the owner when I get there, that she's likely going to reduce it.

it was around past nine in the night we went to meet the owner of the place. This is because the woman that got the place for me said she doesn't have chance in the day time. she sells provision and she cannot leave her shop like that.

Getting there, I met the owner and she offered us a seat. we started discussing and everything was going smooth until she asked "where are you from?

I'm from Ebonyi State, ma'am, I replied...

Ebonyi State? no, I don't have any dealings with you guys. You came to the wrong place.

Why did you say that, ma'am?
Ebonyi people are nothing but bad people, they are full of evil. I don't want to have anything to do with them.

But you don't even know me ma'am. I am from Ebonyi State doesn't mean I am evil, I replied back...

while I was still talking, she cut me short 🀦 and she said "there's nothing you will say that will make me to change my mind. And don't even bother going to beg my husband because he will never agree. Even if you offer us 10million naira, (she said that's the worth of the entire compound), we will never lease that space for you as long as you are from Ebonyi State.

Omooorrr, that was how she shut me up. I was completely speechless. We bade her goodnight and left.

while I was going home it wasn't me walking. I was lost in thought and full of pain. So many questions kept pondering in my heart and I began to ask myself:

Is it a crime to be an Ebonyian?
Has it really gotten to this extent?
Is the discrimination really necessary?
Like, how did we even get to this point.?
Why are we being treated like fools 😭

The pain of rejection is a very bad one. I've never experienced this kind of pain in my entire life. My only offence is that I am from Ebonyi State.
But that's who I am. I can't deny myself even if the whole world denies me.
I didn't choose myself, God choose me.

I don't know what Ebonyi People did to her, but believe me, Ebonyi State is full of amazing people and I am one of them.

I was really broken yesterday 😒
I cried the whole night 😭

This discrimination must stop!!!
we are humans too and we deserve a better treatment.

Actually, I wanted to keep this to myself but I was led to share this experience. I really want to motivate every indigen of Ebonyi State out there hustling in one way or the other. Keep it up darling, don't let their negative mindset gets to you. They are free to reject us, but they they cannot stop us from shinning.

#Pain
#Rejection
#Previledge denial
#Discrimination

I remain my humble self,
Nnajiofor Victoria Nnenna
From Ishielu Local Government Area, Ebonyi State.

I am from Ebonyi State, and I am proud to be from Ebonyi State.

May God Bless Ebonyi State πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

https://www.facebook.com/100077669374577/posts/pfbid035zND2q8SVS9pwKpgiHULnBpf3VTAUoqVYUjAeDiiPYpyAWbu9peiNbsRMAbtRmxLl/Chai! This story touch me o! πŸ’” No be small thing our people dey face for this country. 😀😀

I no fit imagine the pain wey you go through, Victoria. Las las, you no do anything wrong. Na just say you come from Ebonyi State. 😞

But no worry, you no be alone. We go stand by you. We go show them say Ebonyi people get sense and we no dey carry last. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

This reply was generated by AI
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Ozommadu: 8:25pm On Jan 16
LOVEALAIGBO:

I don’t understand these peoples level of hate and paranoia that they will be dreaming up schemes, day and night, on how to try and cause divisions amongst Ndigbo! Truly evil scumbags!

They're doomed for life

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Benzigler: 8:39pm On Jan 16
Raskimonojendor:

They have started to speak out despite others trying to suppress them from voicing out.

I don't know you love Igbos this much .... anyway your propaganda thread is dead on arrival grin grin
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Ebonyibrown1: 8:41pm On Jan 16
It's time we stop this nonsense sad
Ebonyians are loved by their Igbo brothers an vice versa.
If you are having personal hatred that is different.
Am from ebonyi an nobody from any where in the east has insulted me even for once undecided undecided
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by SGANIVA(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16
People do more than this to ebony people so why the deny, especially here in Onitsha.the truth is that igbos are not united as we think.the majority of my workers are ebony people and the worst person that has ever work with us is also from ebony . the best man i have ever known na ebony person.decrimination is too much especially among anambrarians ,an average Anambra man see other igbos as lesser igbos, this is also the problem am facing with my wife,too boastful even though am far richer than them but from Enugu
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:07pm On Jan 16
This is another format to draw sympathy and financial help from the public.....

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Nyamiri: 9:34pm On Jan 16
I remember when NCDC sited their lab for South East in Ebonyi state, you needed to have seen how Igbos Nairaland were insulting Ebonyi people. As if Ebonyi is not part of the South East.

I dare any Igbo person to deny that other Igbos did not query why NCDC put it in Ebonyi. I will post the thread here to shame you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Bizibi(m): 5:38am On Jan 17
History555:

Ebubu well done. Happy new year. Abeg delete this poor girl photo in your rubbish propaganda
who told you it is propaganda This same discrimination against ebonyi people was addressed on Twitter two years.it is worse in anambra state.

1 Like

Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Rolings: 6:44am On Jan 17
alizma:
Once beaten, twice shy. It's an old rule but very useful any day, any time.
That is life for you

Once beaten twice shy

One of the oldest rule that's true to this day
Re: I Was Rejected, Humiliated And Denied Because I Am From Ebonyi State by Rolings: 6:50am On Jan 17
eagleu:

Haaaaaah
The OP is more like a Yoruba moooosleemmu than an Igbo girl from Ebonyi. We will not be deceived.

Self delusional.
We know igbos (not all πŸ˜‚) to be that all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ojukwu: Gowon Blasted Over Biafra Comments / Professor Tam David West Says He Is Willing To Lead Fuel Protests. / Ekiti Wins ICT State Govt Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.