Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari (32908 Views)

Charles Soludo: Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex-CBN Governor / $2b Bank Fraud: FG Probes 2 Serving Ministers, Ex-cbn Gov / Buhari: Why I Didn’t Sack Ministers In Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by GuruboiNaija: 10:06am On Jan 17
Former President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he did not sack former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Godwin Emefiele when there were speculations of his interest to run for the presidency in 2023.

Buhari said that Emefiele never discussed it with him.

This revelation and others were made public in a memoir titled “Working with Buhari: Reflections of a Special Adviser, Media and Publicity (2015 – 2023)”, written by former Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.

The book was presented in Abuja on Tuesday.

“I met Emefiele in office when I came, and unless there was firm evidence against him, it would be unfair and an act of injustice to remove him, acting on hearsay,” Buhari said in the book.

“If you punish a man unjustly, it could dog his footsteps throughout life, so if you would punish, you must have evidence and you should know that yourself wouldn’t be there forever. You would leave one day.

“I’m very conscious about the morale of people who serve with me. I also expect whoever succeeds me to be fair to me. I have family, friends, who will feel it. I’m very conscious of fairness.

“When he was linked with campaign for the 2023 presidency, I did not ask him, because he told nobody he was getting involved. Otherwise, I would have removed him and told the nation why,” he added.

https://.ng/2024/01/17/why-i-didnt-sack-ex-cbn-governor-godwin-emefiele-buhari/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Malroux: 10:06am On Jan 17
You will never end well for destroying Nigeria beyond redemption.

243 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by atiku4President(m): 10:06am On Jan 17
You have nothing to explain. We are witnesses to your failed leadership.

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by abbeyie007(m): 10:08am On Jan 17
Which means Buhari is not current with happenings in Nigeria

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by crossfm: 10:12am On Jan 17
Hehehe.

This guy should just go and rest. You are the most clueless president Nigeria will ever have.

You were not aware of anything going on in Nigeria. The only thing you were interested in is your medical tourism.

History won't be kind with you.

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Sangoamadioha1: 10:14am On Jan 17
One day Nigeria will appreciate your efforts. You have done your own part, leave all the bitter souls to wail as usual. I trust you to continue ignoring them, they are bitter because they did not 'benefit' from your government.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by RepoMan007: 10:16am On Jan 17
Lol. No evidence you say. What about huge evidences you ignored?

13 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by perfectsusanoo(m): 10:46am On Jan 17
no evidence?.

more like u use him to cover ur 'track' record. All our politicians are grasscutters.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by dangermouse(m): 10:50am On Jan 17
We all knew the real reason you allowed him be.

Not all Nigerians are gullible.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by BondRiv: 11:03am On Jan 17
Just because you met him in office, doesn't mean he should remain there.

If you had a solid economic plan for the country, you would have known what to do. The man was as corrupt as anything, with audios from Sahara Reporters revealing his deeds.

Tinubu now is making the same mistakes. Insecurity everywhere. He should start by sacking the DG of the DSS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by richiemcgold: 11:09am On Jan 17
You were not aware of Godwin's presidential ambitions but almost everybody around you in the corridors of power were aware. Is this not the reason some people assumed you're not the one in aso villa?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Brendaniel: 11:28am On Jan 17
Sangoamadioha1:
One day Nigeria will appreciate your efforts. You have done your own part, leave all the bitter souls to wail as usual. I trust you to continue ignoring them, they are bitter because they did not 'benefit' from your government.

Nigerians will appreciate him for allowing his brothers murder, rape and sacked Nigerians from their ancestral lands?, for taking loans recklessly, for highest inflation rate and so on ?

What is wrong with you people?

Except you are wishing that Nigerians will keep getting worse leaders than Buhari that will make us appreciate all the evils I mentioned up there, just the way we are appreciating Jonathan even though his performance was not excellent...

You guys hate Nigeria and Nigerians, I see you people as very heartless and wicked human beings...

Back to the topic:

So you met Emefiele there and after his terrible performance of his first term of appointment you reappointed him to continue the damage on Nigeria, Buhari should listen to himself again...

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by ecolime(m): 11:29am On Jan 17
He was not aware of Emefiele's ambition? shocked

I'm sure Meffy dey learn his lessons already. Technocrats in power should do their jobs and leave dirty games.

Don't allow Politicians use you. Dem go stain your white.

Singing.. Before dem use me, I go use my sense, my sense - Asake 🎵 🎶

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Femich18(m): 11:30am On Jan 17
Buhari grin grin grin
Buhari messed up big time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Jovi10: 11:30am On Jan 17
Nonsense jagajaga talk. Oga stop talking we no wan hear your voice or your opinion on anything. Just remain irrelevant. We don forget say you dey exist,make it remain like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Image123(m): 11:30am On Jan 17
undecided You didn't sack him because you didn't know any person to replace him with that was not a northerner and Tinubu's person.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by harryboyng(m): 11:30am On Jan 17
Sweet coated bunch of lies
Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by musicwriter(m): 11:31am On Jan 17
The first mistake is that you think firing someone from office is punishment. Yet, the word white people have given you to use is "relieve" him from the job.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by simmydebadest(m): 11:32am On Jan 17
Buhari failed in governance in flying colours

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by hisexcellency34: 11:32am On Jan 17
Story for the gods. I know there won't be anything worthwhile to read in the book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Femeto: 11:32am On Jan 17
Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 11:32am On Jan 17
But why didn't you ask him? Were you not the president?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Adebaba1(m): 11:33am On Jan 17
oga na rubbish you dey talk
emefiele just took advantage of you
na jonathan i blame sha

5 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by khalleb(m): 11:33am On Jan 17
I can't believe Ex President Buhari said this
Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by ceasare: 11:33am On Jan 17
Malroux:
You will never end well for destroying Nigeria beyond redemption.

Amen....d guy is disgusting.hear word from d mouth of an idiot! Imagine he ddnt tell u and u no wan bliv in rumours.so this guy doesn't read news at all or watch TV in aso rock? Eran jatijati ikeji eranko!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Beverlyjean(f): 11:34am On Jan 17
He was doing ur bidding.... selling dollar to ur goons for 100 naira when dollar was still 300...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:35am On Jan 17
U failed

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by ilsmiling(m): 11:36am On Jan 17
Bubu no dey gree. He must pass the blame to someone else.
Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Soulsymbol99: 11:38am On Jan 17
This man should never make the news again angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Emmy3(m): 11:39am On Jan 17
What kind of an irresponsible individual is this that blame others for everything.
You cemented your place in history as most clueless, most corrupt and most useless Nigeria’s president.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by maxiuc(m): 11:39am On Jan 17
angry

But onoghen nko what did you do to him

Onoghen wasn't given a fair hearing voom you removed him as supreme court justice because you knew that you won't win 2019 election and you will be needing the court to win so you have to install your boy to do your biding

Hypocritical Buhari very hypocritical Man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Didn’t Sack Ex-CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele – Buhari by Truf: 11:42am On Jan 17
Sangoamadioha1:
STFU

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan At Mike Ozekhome In Abuja 61st Birthday Celebration (Photos) / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch / Okorocha Reacts To Court’s Order That INEC Issue Him Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.