Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years (2232 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend Of 7 Years With Helicopter / After I Took A Loan For Her, She Blocked My Number / Lady Goes On Her Knees To Beg Her Boyfriend Of 7 Years To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 2:54pm On Jan 17
Please I need help. My SIM card of 7 years was blocked three days ago by MTN. The reason they gave was that my line was barred for not submitting my NIN.

I called their customer care number and I was asked to dial *996# and then follow the prompt to submit my NIN, which I did.

Two days after submitting my NIN, I'm still unable to make calls. Please I need help.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by jsp0: 2:58pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:
Please I need help. My SIM card of 7 years was blocked three days ago by MTN. The reason they gave was that my line was barred for not submitting my NIN.

I called their customer care number and I was asked to dial *996# and then follow the prompt to submit my NIN, which I did.

Two days after submitting my NIN, I'm still unable to make calls. Please I need help.

if we are civil enough we would take things seriously in this country let make the country work do ur nin on time we should v been civilised enough na
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Fira09(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

Use the online process, create your VNIN via the link then follow the instructions.
Here is a link: https://nin.mtn.ng/nin/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by ikeno(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17
We are too lackadaisical now everyone is now rushing to link there NIN to there line after many months.

1 Like

Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by jmoore(m): 3:32pm On Jan 17
ikeno:
We are too lackadaisical now everyone is now rushing to link there NIN to there line after many months.
Always blaming innocent Nigerians.
Many Nigerians submitted their NIN years ago but it has not been verified. One of my sim I tried to submit again this week is displaying connection server error from NIMC.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Goldsplash(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17
Same thing happened to me though I submitted my NIN at the time I purchased the sim.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by falcon01: 4:11pm On Jan 17
jsp0:

i get coconut head i no dey hear word

campaign after election, guy rest and go trowey the sim in ur one of your gf wide toto
mime was blocked too, but thank God I don't make calls I only browser and it Browses
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 4:13pm On Jan 17
Fira09:

Use the online process, create your VNIN via the link then follow the instructions.
Here is a link: https://nin.mtn.ng/nin/

Thanks. I followed all the instructions, but MTN is just deducting ₦20 from my airtime multiple times without remorse and they still did not send me the VNIN.

I tried the NIMC app still no progress because they app isn't giving me the OTP.

embarassed

2 Likes

Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Hopez456(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

Thanks. I followed all the instructions, but MTN is just deducting ₦20 from my airtime multiple times without remorse and they still did not send me the VNIN.

I tried the NIMC app still no progress because they app isn't giving me the OTP.

embarassed
I faced sane issue until I visited one of the numerous yellow shops to re-register and I got a success msg of my nin being linked.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 4:18pm On Jan 17
Hopez456:
I faced sane issue until I visited one of the numerous yellow shops to re-register and I got a success msg of my nin being linked.

How much did you use to re-register? The MTN agent asked me to bring 1k but the money in my hand wasn't up to 1k.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Fira09(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

embarassed
Did you use the USSD provided by MTN to create the VNIN?
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Hopez456(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

How much did you use to re-register? The MTN agent asked me to bring 1k but the money in my hand wasn't up to 1k.
I paid no dime. Go elsewhere. There are a lot of them in the cities.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by stacyadams: 5:00pm On Jan 17
Any body don retrieve sim recently wey another person register?..I wan retrieve my sim them show me another person face.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by carl90(m): 5:04pm On Jan 17
I am experiencing the same. I will make out time from a very tight schedule to go to an MTN office close to me .I am just disappointed that MTN didn't give me some warning that my NIN have not been properly linked and I should go do the needful.
Mad people and crazy system everywhere in the country !
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by LeeSmart: 5:25pm On Jan 17
For this life try get money nd connection. This same thing happened to my mom about 3days ago, she only had to call someone from their office in the state she resides, they have to send someone to the house to do the nin-sim linkage for her..
Maybe op should try nd visit their office or an outlet.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 5:55pm On Jan 17
Fira09:
Did you use the USSD provided by MTN to create the VNIN?

Yes, I used the USSD. MTN removes ₦20 after every attempt I make in getting the VNIN, without giving me the VNIN at the end.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 5:57pm On Jan 17
LeeSmart:
For this life try get money nd connection. This same thing happened to my mom about 3days ago, she only had to call someone from their office in the state she resides, they have to send someone to the house to do the nin-sim linkage for her..
Maybe op should try nd visit their office or an outlet.

I visited an outlet today. The man charged me 1k, so I decided to come home and try solving the problem myself.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by thesolutions(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

You need to go to an MTN outlet. The USSD or app submission won't work. The outlet will capture your thumb print and facial id for facial recognition. It is the new technology.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:31pm On Jan 17
You've to go their office for reregistration.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by G30fx: 6:40pm On Jan 17
But am still using my MTN line without linking any NIN i don't even have nin although it's old line sha
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by overdrive(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17
thesolutions:

You need to go to an MTN outlet. The USSD or app submission won't work. The outlet will capture your thumb print and facial id for facial recognition. It is the new technology.

What about airtel,etisalat and GLO ? Do I have to go to there separate outlets as well?
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by janda1: 7:16pm On Jan 17
Peacfulmindset:

My line was barred yesterday and It was restore back

Do what they asked you to do

That was the same code, I dial
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by thesolutions(m): 8:39am On Jan 18
overdrive:

What about airtel,etisalat and GLO ? Do I have to go to there separate outlets as well?
I don't have those. I can't confirm for now.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 7:23pm On Jan 19
thesolutions:

Alright, thanks.

I did successfully link my NIN to my SIM but I'm still unable to make calls. Going to an MTN outlet is the next move.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 7:25pm On Jan 19
janda1:

My line was barred yesterday and It was restore back

Do what they asked you to do

That was the same code, I dial

I did as I was asked to and MTN sent a confirmation message that my SIM has been linked to my NIN, but I'm still unable to make calls.

My SIM is a 3G SIM, and they've been telling me to upgrade my SIM.

I think MTN is trying to forcefully make me upgrade my SIM card.
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Gentlesoul2021(m): 11:38pm On Jan 19
Peacfulmindset:

They didn't block mine but barred me from making calls. I dialed*996# Nd everything was rectify within 30 mins.... Why them come block Ur SIM
Re: MTN Blocked My SIM Card Of 7 Years by Peacfulmindset: 10:10am On Feb 14
Update

I've been able to solve the problem. My line was temporarily banned and I couldn't even use it to check airtime balance, call, text or any other thing.

I had to go to an MTN office with my NIN, and I was reconnected back.

The reason why I was unable to connect my NIN by myself was because the SIM card wasn't registered by me initially, so the picture on my NIN and the picture on MTN database was different.

Everything has been sorted out now, and I can now use my SIM card. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Men Are Such Cheaters(appreciating Finer Points) / Three Stages Of Love / Virginity-a Crown Of Value Or Old Fashioned Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.