Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria (8800 Views)

Osun Government Officials Kidnapped In Lokoja / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes / Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2011
March with Beaf, might as well march with the devil himself.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2011
@Beaf, what kind of gun are you going to use when you "shoot back" the Nigerian police during your protest against corruption? Do they now have guns powerful enough to reach Nigeria from the comfort of your 1 bedroom shack abroad?   cheesy
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Beaf, what kind of gun are you going to use when you "shoot back" the Nigerian police during your protest against corruption? Do they now have guns powerful enough to reach Nigeria from the comfort of your 1 bedroom shack abroad?   cheesy

Lol! All you corrupt souls are coming out one by one.
Did you you read what I meant by shooting back? Perhaps your eyes are just blind sha.

It is high time we demanded transparency and accountability from every last govt official. Nigeria is ours.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

March with Beaf, might as well march with the devil himself.

It is relatively easy to pigeonhole the opposers to a battle against corruption into a single group. Dude, you know what that is.
The question is, why would NL's ACN supporters oppose a party neutral march against corruption? Is there something to hide?

Why do you oppose the idea of the streets demanding transparency?
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by aljharem3: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Beaf:

It is relatively easy to pigeonhole the opposers to a battle against corruption into a single group. Dude, you know what that is.
The question is, why would NL's ACN supporters oppose a party neutral march against corruption? Is there something to hide?

Why do you oppose the idea of the streets demanding transparency?

Beaf would you support if the protest is against GEJ as well ?

would u support if it is against OBJ as well ?
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
can we all remember the comments of this hypocrite on this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-790733.0.html

Even in places like Europe, I have been stopped several times by the police and asked where I am going, where I am coming from and what I am going to do. Those are standard police questions all over the World, Nigeria is not a lawless jungle where anything goes.

The police are well within their rights and duties to ask you where you are going and what for and if your answer is not satisfactory, to lock you away from sunlight. Cool

^
I guess you have never been outside your village. Go wherever and answer the police foolishly or unconvincingly, only to lay back in your cell to talk about your "rights," cos you think police and laws are out there to decorate the place.

The police have a duty to ask you where you are going and for what purpose and if you fail to convince them, they can warn you and turn you right back or simply throw you in the back of the van for further interrogation, maybe even just to keep you off the streets. IT IS THE SAME EVERYWHERE IN THE WIDE WORLD.
Only a jackass would think the police have no right to keep individuals from accessing a location, either for their safety, or the safety of others.

Think of being a policeman at a checkpoint, only to be besieged by 19 damn buses. You ask where they are going and they answer, "to sing aluta, sir!" Would you be fool enough to let them pass? Especially when a UN building has just been blown up? Even drunks are kept off the roads for goodness sake!

This whole thing is so foolish, its really incredible you are carrying it on. Don't you have any self pride? Your strands of argument are too foolish to carry on as an adult.

this is the same thug who is now advocating for aluta.

duplicituos Arrow

better beware of him. at best it must be his agenda to find people to bribe into defending the hatted dunce in aso rock.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2011
^
Living in la la land as usual. embarassed

alj_harem:

Beaf would you support if the protest is against GEJ as well ?

would u support if it is against  OBJ as well ?

Let everyone account.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by homerac7: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
We might sit on opposite sides of the political fence, but corruption does not know political party, which is the lie a lot of you tell. I generally expect better from you than the output of the usual foolish clowns who have spoken above.

You people are just cowards who come and mouth off on NL, but whose d.i.cks shrivel when told to put actions to your words. You do not have to follow me, a battle against corruption will acheive the same result, regardless of where Beaf is. Why can't you lead your own street if there is any seriousness about you? Why can't you sensitise the vulcanisers, hawkers, students etc on your own street?

You are only displaying the cowardly Nigerian mentality that is waiting for someone else to come and save them, whereas all the tools are at their feet.

my lost brother, its not difficult to see that u are not yet aware that ur currency of integrity if far spent into far debt. its why u cant still fathom y hardly anyone wants to stand wt u shoulder to shoulder on a noble quest as u proposed. u think its fooolhardy on d people's side, unfortunately u never realized it, even when its beginning to stare u back in d face that u r considered a snake and turncoat. bravery and courage never term as insanity my brother. its only a foooolish eediot as i said earlier dt will choose a snake like u as his platoon mate, let alone sideman in such mission where there r many possible outcomes.

whats wrong wt the responses u r getting here isnt wt the people as u think, but look at d man in d mirror before u. when d people find a truthful person who can b trusted, they will fight their war, but till then, they r wiser that rushing out at sound of beagle from a snake sir. they hav had a fair share of smooth talking, witty and loud sounding 'leaders', they need no more in u. what they crave for is a man whose words still worths much wt people.

thanks for ur usual self, also remember it led u to this slime of public distrust u r. hope u learn sir. a tout la houre! au voire
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2011
homerac7:

my lost brother, its not difficult to see that u are not yet aware that your currency of integrity if far spent into far debt. its why u cant still fathom y hardly anyone wants to stand wt u shoulder to shoulder on a noble quest as u proposed. u think its fooolhardy on d people's side, unfortunately u never realized it, even when its beginning to stare u back in d face that u r considered a snake and turncoat. bravery and courage never term as insanity my brother. its only a foooolish eediot as i said earlier dt will choose a snake like u as his platoon mate, let alone sideman in such mission where there r many possible outcomes.

whats wrong wt the responses u r getting here isnt wt the people as u think, but look at d man in d mirror before u. when d people find a truthful person who can b trusted, they will fight their war, but till then, they r wiser that rushing out at sound of beagle from a snake sir. they hav had a fair share of smooth talking, witty and loud sounding 'leaders', they need no more in u. what they crave for is a man whose words still worths much wt people.

thanks for your usual self, also remember it led u to this slime of public distrust u r. hope u learn sir. a tout la houre! au voire

The responses are all from the same people who defend the likes of Tinubu with might and mane as if their lives depend on it. Please cut the long story short.
The responses have been from cowards and propagators of corruption.

Like I asked earlier, why can you not do your own organisation of the street around you? Why can you not sensitise your grassroots yourself?
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2011
Still watching wether Beaf's NL's ID has been hacked. Expecting a disclaimer on this thread very soon.
Kai! I no fit shout oooooo!

Damn! You vampire!!! Ssssshhssssss!
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by aljharem3: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Still watching wether Beaf's NL's ID has been hacked. Expecting a disclaimer on this thread very soon.
Kai! I no fit shout oooooo!

Damn! You vampire!!! Ssssshhssssss!

Lets be watching, I hope he has changed for the better because now are dayz, When some of us read beafs post, it seems like he is part of the people robbing us in the country.

Lets be watching before be pass judgement grin cool
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by homerac7: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
@ Beaf

Well, for a moment I will leave d messenger and attend to d message.

Thank u for a matured response in ur last post. Ur question is very valid and quintessential. Unfortunately, d greatest mass of d people who u mayb counting for support in such protest r too compromised. It's never an ideology for them but for immediate material benefit, either instantly or little later. When dey claim ideology, its religious or ethnic; hardly pragmatic.

The class dat has some modicum of ingredients to carry this through is d middle class. They hav d knowledge, ideology and command of opinion/ respect. That's y movement like SNG succeeded. If the protest goes Libyan/Syrian style, call in d peasants calvary for a Benghazzi action. But if u lead a lower class protest in present Nigeria, b assured to face a serious criminal prosecution for d mob crimes of ur followers. By then, ur protest wld hav lost legitimacy and popularity.

When d laid off bankers, unemployed graduates, SNG et al r in synchrony, we hav a formidable platform for powerful revolution. But if ur attention is at ur local govt level, b sure It over killings, land matters, chieftancy issues et al, never employ market women, youths(thugs) and okada riders for ideological or infrastructural protest. They will only follow u for their price.

This is my take
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by petertosh: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
BEAF leading ANTI-goverment protest!!! Una go injure pesin with laughter for nairaland oh!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Kolababa: 10:54am On Nov 07, 2011
I know your Police will definitely display their madness by shooting. That is why we need tpo involve MEND, OPC and Boko Haram for the match. The MEND and Boko Haram will help us counter the police madness.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2011
We have to stand up against corruption now. If we don't, our children will suffer the consequences.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by inereunwa1(m): 11:31am On Nov 07, 2011
1025:

@beaf,
when gej came on board, some of us never wanted him while most niigerians including you saw him as the messiah. after the elections, the support for jonathan has been on the down side yet some still believe in him including u. please if at this point, you have decided to shift ground, it will be a wise thing to make your stand known. just as many nigerians do not trust jonathan's intentions on the removal of fuel subsidy, many of us here do not trust your intention for inviting us to the streets where you and your boss will slaughter us without mercy.
if you are calling for protest against corruption or corrupt officials, are u not aware that u are inviting us against gej whose wife is no 1 on the country's corruption list?
pdp is the govt in power and gej is the key player. a president who cld not afford robber sandals during his school days finds joy in increasing electricity tariff even when the supply is not there. he finds joy in extending or elongating tenures of those failures turn rulers and now the most anti poor masses decission of removing fuel subsidy the only benefit an ordinary nigerian gets from the govt in a rich country like ours.
who will believe that in a country where lives are lost without questions, looting of public funds is a culture, federal roads are mere dead traps and govt shares public funds like lottery funds , our schools are only existing by names and a very long lists of odd situations, jonathan thinks making us suffer more hardship as a pupil.
God will catch them because their strengths have grown beyond human power but if gaddafi cld be wasted like a common criminal, then anything can happen.
well said dude @beaf im with you. Fellow Nigerian is time to wake up from our sleep just like what tuface said in one of his track 'trance' yes we all are in a state of trance the sooner we realise that the better! Or are we going to wait until the promised Messiah arrive? Lets take our stand and say no to corruption! or are we going to remain like this forever!! enough is enough!!!   cool
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by peleson: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Beaf, ur thesis , perhaps ur post is what is needed.if you are looking for whom to be in-front and lead the protest,i apply for the post of field marshal with immediate effect.Lets go there.this nonsense has got to stop period.i volunteer .Date and venue pls
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Revolutnz: 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
You can fool some of the people all of the time,and all of the people some of the time,but you can not fool all of the people all of the time-Abraham Lincoln
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by ndigbo: 2:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
I have been saying this for a very long time! The Nigerian Youths are the ones with the keys to unlock Nigerians out of our sorry state! Beaf, rightly as you said we have to take up the streets against corruption cus we have had more than enough from these corrupt rogues. But Op, i'm really skeptical about you (Beaf) actually calling for us to TAKE OVER THE STREETS AGAINST CORRUPTION!
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2011
When and where is this march going to take place

I'd participate. . .as a spectator in front of my tube.lol
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by highland(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2011
Corruption has put us down in Nigeria and we need to go against it.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2011
One reason this call wont be heeded; Do not expect cowards to echo a war cry. The noises made on this forum barely stem from honest dissatisfaction but mostly mischief championed by ethnic supremacists who personify the saying that Courage is easy when danger is faraway!, the chips are down and all they can offer are diversionary arguments, You'd think they'd jump at an opportunity to truly express themselves and rally ordinary citizens to pursue a cause they've made so much "Cyber noise" over regardless of who initiated it. awon ACN groomed cowardzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
^
Exactly my thoughts, people seem to be searching for all sorts of strange reasons to avoid confronting corruption and byet we complain so much.
As Fela sang:
"My people de fear too mu-uch!. . . We no wan die! We no wan wound! We no wan quench! We no wan go! I get one child! Mama de for house Papa! de for house! I wan build house! I don build house!

ndigbo:

I have been saying this for a very long time! The Nigerian Youths are the ones with the keys to unlock Nigerians out of our sorry state! Beaf, rightly as you said we have to take up the streets against corruption cus we have had more than enough from these corrupt rogues. But Op, i'm really skeptical about you (Beaf) actually calling for us to TAKE OVER THE STREETS AGAINST CORRUPTION!

If you are skeptical about me, then organise yourselves. I don't need to be part of it, what is most important is that the owners of tomorrow must begin to realise that nobody will make the sun shine for them, because past generations have failed. If for some lame reason, you claim to be sceptical about me, who will you blame?

Dude, talk to your mechanic, your girlfriend, your cook. . . Anybody! Every single soul in that country is sick of corruption and it is only the rising of the street to eyeball it and demand transparency that will boot it out of existence.

I repeat, talk to everybody about the need to rise. The results will shock you; as homerac7 mentioned, even the middle classes are ready. I had a beer with quite a number of my guy's the other day and all we talked about was the sordid nature of Nigeria; not one of those guys is in need of anything, they are all doing pretty well, but an alarming number spoke about willingness to carry weapons to end the matter.
Some other contributors have also expressed fear of the police shooting. The police themselves are tired of collecting "roger."

Let us demand a society without corruption. It is a duty.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by sheyguy: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
I am not surprised by the response of fellow nairalanders in this thread. we are always pouring out anger at the forum leaving the owner of NL to bear all the potential risk and responsibility of our many claims and comments.
My suggestion goes out those of us who cannot leave our keyboard alone and hit the street with our feeling, u can actually contribute by giving us info of any act of injustice or corruption going on in your locality.
Give out images and stuffs like that, for elections, capture electoral malpractice in your vicinity on camera and upload for the world to see. part of the Government manipulation strategy is information control (influencing our perception of reality/divide and conquer by giving us false details of the big picture they know we can hardly see ).

As for the topic/OP, i feel ur pain but u have to realize that we are in Nigeria, pple (NLders) can talk hot as they like cos talk is cheap, NL is a good place to sound such idea or more appropriately, gather support and sensitize pple for the "appointed day".

Everybody is too busy chasing he or her dreams, virtually everyone thinks him or her will be that lucky person who would come out successful in life no matter how hard they (Govt) make things, but we should all have it in mind that those dreams r fast become more of a[b]"mirage"[/b] day by day than we realize, the false picture of the situation they gave us has made it so.

NLs pls think hard, we need a change in this country.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2011
Look before you leap.

Beware, for even the devil comes disguised as an angel of light. undecided
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by egift(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2011
My people, if Beaf as you to following him to March against GEJ led administration, here is what will happen:
1. He will collect allocation from "govt" for the march.
2. Invite you all for the march.
3. Lead you guys to surrender to the Police.
4. You all will be separated into two groups - Pros and Anti - Corruption.
5. Police will detain the "Anti" corruption will be detained and tagged Boko Harams
6. While the "Pro" Corruption will continue the march as a solidarity march "Nigerian Youths For Jonathan".
7. The footage will be over the media, while Beaf and others will have a sit out with Oga Presido on NTA.

BEWARE OF BEAF!   BEWARE OF BEAF!!   BEWARE OF BEAF!!!

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/WDCC-Snow-White-and-7-Dwarfs-OLD-HAG-WITCH-TAKE-APPLE-DEARIE-1995-1996-/00/s/MTAyNFg3Njg=/$(KGrHqJ,!hwE6GzLVnOQBOt,mEQuvQ~~60_35.JPG[/img]
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
whoever you are, beafs new gf, the people investigating him, do not be deceived. beaf is hard core pdp member whose only goal is to support gej/pdp
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by Beaf: 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
egift:

My people, if Beaf as you to following him to March against GEJ led administration, here is what will happen:
5. Police will detain the "Anti" corruption will be detained and tagged Boko Harams
6. While the "Pro" Corruption will continue the march as a solidarity march "Nigerian Youths For Jonathan".
7. The footage will be over the media, while Beaf and others will have a sit out with Oga Presido on NTA.

BEWARE OF BEAF! BEWARE OF BEAF!! BEWARE OF BEAF!!!

I am finding these arguments very hard to understand. So what if I support GEJ? Does it stop you from organising your own street against corruption? Does it stop you standing up on your own against corruption?

I am sure there is fear among the corrupt when anyone calls on the very streets to rise up. You must have something to hide. cool

The call to rise is not for the powers and "owners" of Nigeria engaged in a losing battle for the jugular of the nation, it is for the real people, the long suffering citizen. So please, take your crocodile tears elsewhere. The call isn't for the rats and robbers that will find any excuse to tell the common man not to rise for a better country; not for those who will convince the common man to remain weak at the knee and never have aspirations; neither is it for those who steal milk from babies.
Corruption is endemic in Nigeria, its like a flourishing disease; it must be confronted frontally without fear. Nigeria belongs to every one of us.

Rise people, and do the right thing. Demand and end to corruption, confront corruption eyeball to eyeball and stare it down.
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by donpeluchi(m): 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2011
Beaf you should understand why NLs are skeptical of you. Although you bring a good suggestion to the table, your blind support at times for GEJ puts you in a bad light. I appeal to NLs not to throw away the baby with the bath water but see how we can put this suggestion in place. Enough is enough!
Re: March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria by delpee(f): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
egift:

BEWARE OF BEAF! BEWARE OF BEAF!! BEWARE OF BEAF!!!

grin grin grin grin grin Abeg no kill peson wit lafta na!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IMAGINE: Netanyahu, The Prime Minister Of Israel Insulting Us The Blacks / Federal Government Paid December Salary On Christmas / Breaking News!!!facebook Shut Down Radio Biafra London (ipob)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.