Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. (45800 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Best Phone You Ever Bought?? / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JayPeeOham: 3:07pm On Jan 20
ceejayluv:

Money disappeared from a fixed deposit account? You should be grabbing the bank by the collar by now. Lawyer up, Man. You can also send a report to FIJ NIGERIA. Search for them on Facebook. They'll publish the matter on SM and the bank will do something within days.

"FIJ NIGERIA"?... Okay, thanks
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JayPeeOham: 3:23pm On Jan 20
ceejayluv:

Money disappeared from a fixed deposit account? You should be grabbing the bank by the collar by now. Lawyer up, Man. You can also send a report to FIJ NIGERIA. Search for them on Facebook. They'll publish the matter on SM and the bank will do something within days.

As advised, U searched them on FB and was directed to their WhatsApp number. I have contacted them and now waiting for their response.

By the way, do you work with them, maybe you could help fast track the conversation please?🙏
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Melonsmasher: 4:00pm On Jan 20
1Sharon:

Yeah she told me she receives alerts when I transfer money.

Is there anyway to change the number you registered an account with?
You can change the number by visiting the bank

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by eventainment(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20
tochez24:

Please disable bank app fingerprint, your phone is your personal property so i don't understand why someone would be sharing fingerprints with others in his/her own phone?
True..
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Superpack589: 5:20pm On Jan 20
FutureFocus:
Very correct

Obierika , you asked a question on that thread , I was about to answer but Seun moderator banned me,

It’s very important you activate your USSD Banking and change the pin , because if you do not, once your phone got lost, either you put pin on your sim or lock your phone does not matter, there are software engineers that will unlock your phone and these criminals will keep the phone charged , note that your Service provider only request for pin code if you just power your phone ON, these criminals will unlock it, activate your USSD Banking and steal your money without sim pin, this is what I was told in the bank the day i bragged about always having my phone and sim locked.

The banker laughed and said “ the criminals will unlock the phone, it will only request for pin if they insert my sim in another phone and the criminals knows this, so they won’t , they will just unlock the phone and activate your USSD because they know many people doesn’t even use USSD and so never activated it, that was the day I activated mine and select pin before the criminals activate on my behalf
To activate USSD, many banks will ask for your ATM numbers and some personal information like date of birth. Many of these are just lies. It's nearly impossible to steal somebody money from their bank account without personal information like atm pin or password.

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Superpack589: 5:59pm On Jan 20
tochez24:

I tried uploading the pics but it couldn't bro⚠️
My card details:
5399 4122 9377 1856
10/27 cv 941
Zenith Bank

Please kindly wipe my account, you deserve it sir🙏🏽
Lol.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by ceejayluv(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20
JayPeeOham:

As advised, U searched them on FB and was directed to their WhatsApp number. I have contacted them and now waiting for their response.

By the way, do you work with them, maybe you could help fast track the conversation please?🙏
Cool.. but No, I don't work with them. I follow them and have seen their impact. Have a Lil patience And still follow up later.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by JayPeeOham: 6:17pm On Jan 20
ceejayluv:

Cool.. but No, I don't work with them. I follow them and have seen their impact. Have a Lil patience And still follow up later.

Okay, thanks
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Abee79(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20
To enhance security and minimize the risk of financial loss through mobile channels when a smartphone is stolen, consider the following measures:

1. Device Locking:
- Enable PIN, password, fingerprint, or facial recognition to lock your device.
- Set a short auto-lock period for increased security.

2. Biometric Authentication for Apps:
- Whenever possible, enable biometric authentication (fingerprint or facial recognition) for financial and sensitive apps.

3. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA):
- Implement 2FA for your financial accounts to add an extra layer of security.

4. Remote Tracking and Wiping:
- Use built-in features or third-party apps to track and remotely wipe your device if it gets lost or stolen.

5. Regular Software Updates:
- Keep your device's operating system and apps up to date to patch vulnerabilities.

6. Secure Wi-Fi Connections:
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi for financial transactions. Use secure, password-protected networks.

7. App Permissions:
- Review and limit app permissions to only essential functions, reducing potential security risks.

8. Secure Backup:
- Regularly back up your device and ensure that backups are stored securely.

9. Secure Mobile Banking Practices:
- Avoid saving sensitive information, such as passwords, on your device.
- Log out of banking and financial apps after each use.

10. Notify Financial Institutions:
- In case of a stolen device, promptly inform your financial institutions to secure your accounts.

11. Use Mobile Security Apps:
- Install reputable mobile security apps that provide features like anti-theft, antivirus, and secure browsing.

12. Educate Yourself:
- Stay informed about the latest security threats and practice good cybersecurity habits.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by campbelljosh(m): 10:39pm On Jan 20
Here’s how to reset your lost Android phone or tablet: Find a phone that has Internet connection

Download the “Find my device” app from the Play Store or go to your Google account via a browser. Then select the device you’ve lost.
NOTE;(you can only use the goggle account you used to activate the phone to reset it).
Select “Erase device” and click to confirm.
The device will reset itself immediately where ever it's taken. Even if they have taken the phone to UK it will reset immediately
Truvelisback:
How can it be done?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by campbelljosh(m): 10:40pm On Jan 20
Here’s how to reset your lost Android phone or tablet: Find a phone that has Internet connection

Download the “Find my device” app from the Play Store or go to your Google account via a browser. Then select the device you’ve lost.
NOTE;(you can only use the goggle account you used to activate the phone to reset it).
The device will reset itself immediately where ever it's taken. Even if they have taken the phone to UK it will reset immediately
Truvelisback:
Pls, explain the process.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by syntekelite(m): 9:40am On Jan 21
tochez24:

Exactly.... An atm card is the pathway for all Mobile and online transactionsđź’Ż

If you don't want to stress yourself, just deactivate your atm card and rest. Then you have to be going to the bank anytime you want to withdraw money.

However, some banks won't allow you to withdraw any amount less than 150k inside the bank shaaa

E don tey wey you go bank, most na 20k dem det withdraw give now..
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 10:35am On Jan 21
campbelljosh:

Thanks.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by AnyanwuSilas: 10:33pm On Jan 23
ruggedtimi:
lies bro...they can rob your account with your sim card alone.
How, without my password?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.