Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. (45799 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Best Phone You Ever Bought?? / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Truvelisback(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19
ceejayluv:

It's possible that whoever stole or found your phones didn't attempt to access your account.
No mind am. Leave am making him dey brag. grin
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by ceejayluv(m): 7:15pm On Jan 19
JayPeeOham:

Okay, thanks a lot for your detailed response.

1. She was not using an ATM card for the fixed deposit account. It was strictly for savings, as a matter of fact no money she could not even so any transactions on the account unless she is physically present at the bank.

2. Her account officer was the person who told her that the money was no longer in her account.

3. From your response, I guess we might still have a chance. I honestly don't mind taking it. The problem now is where do we start from and how?
Money disappeared from a fixed deposit account? You should be grabbing the bank by the collar by now. Lawyer up, Man. You can also send a report to FIJ NIGERIA. Search for them on Facebook. They'll publish the matter on SM and the bank will do something within days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by franugo(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

Please don't mention me again if you can't read properly... I was trying to explain to someone that it's not possible to steal from a person's account without the password and pin.

But you jumped on my comment because you're already pained and jealous from birth, that's why you think i get money from people liking my comments⚠️

Take a chill pill bro!!!

I'm adding to your comment oga, why would your likes make me jealous? Do you get any remuneration for it
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by hilaryCU(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19
seanwilliam:
the Nigeria banking system is one of the most secured in the world . Infact better than America’s.

I agree with this. You know many people are criminal minded here hence the extra scrutiny but American system is somehow lax and too trusting to a large extent. That is the reason why
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by franugo(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19
JayPeeOham:

1. She was not using an ATM card for the fixed deposit account. It was strictly for savings, as a matter of fact no money she could not even so any transactions on the account unless she is physically present at the bank.

2. Her account officer was the person who told her that the money was no longer in her account.

3. From your response, I guess we might still have a chance. I honestly don't mind taking it. The problem now is where do we start from and how?

Which bank did this happen?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19
JayPeeOham:

Thank you for providing more details about the incident, i was actually thinking it was a case of online scammers⚠️

Since there was no ATM actively linked to the account, it could be of two ways:

A. Someone who is a beneficiary to that account which could be your wife boldly went to the bank, withdrew the money and covered it up.

B. Either the account officer or another bank staff decisively or collectively stole the money.

Now if you sue that bank and they later find out that it was the case of option A, the bank could demand for damages and you will be in hot soup!!

But if it's the case of option B, you can actually recover your money and more if you win them in court.

So you need to be sure of what you are doing to avoid regrets sir.

If you trust your wife💯 and you're sure she's not involved.... Then you can consult a good SAN to begin a legal proceedings against that bank.

Taking them to court is the only way to recover your money 💭
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by NAC1666: 7:39pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.
This can be prevented if you lock your sim card. Try and lock your sim card today
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by jojothaiv(m): 7:47pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed
Sadly and stupidly, some bank apps don't have that features save for Kuda (at least I know that one). It's terrible.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by lekonso: 7:58pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code
Wise man.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by peterbello(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19
Just reading many shallow comments from people who think they are smart and are not. Nobody can access your account without knowing your pin or password. Your bank app has password, your ussd and ATM have pins. So how do they want to steal your money? It's people who use weak pins or passwords that can fall victim.

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by millionboi2: 8:01pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed
how do I do it
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by peterbello(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code

Leave phone at home? Unnecessary inconvenience. Its all good until network provider shows you shege on top your money
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by millionboi2: 8:04pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

first of all.... Nobody on earth can steal your money through bank app or ussd without your password, unless they got it from you in one way or the other without your consent⚠️

Secondly, to strengthen your protection... You can simply lock your phone and alert sim card. That way, when you loose your phone nobody can break into your phone, talkless of performing any transaction...absolutely nobody♂️
you are right,when thy stole my phone,thy tried breaking into my account but it was blocked maybe thy tried so many times.

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Chukwunonso1: 8:11pm On Jan 19
BigDawsNet:

Guide your phone all the time
Don't go out with ur bank sim
Put lock on ur sim

Nigeria banking system is very secure generally... you can't just break the Firewall and start stealing naira... most of this fraud u see are done by bad bank officials ..

Nigeria banking Individual system is not that secure... the job to protect it is in ur hand by not loosing ur phone, exposing ur ATms, Revealing ur BVN or giving it out to strangers
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Chukwunonso1: 8:12pm On Jan 19
BigDawsNet:

Guide your phone all the time
Don't go out with ur bank sim
Put lock on ur sim

Nigeria banking system is very secure generally... you can't just break the Firewall and start stealing naira... most of this fraud u see are done by bad bank officials ..

Nigeria banking Individual system is not that secure... the job to protect it is in ur hand by not loosing ur phone, exposing ur ATms, Revealing ur BVN or giving it out to strangers

How does puting lock on your sim helps?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by millionboi2: 8:15pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Who told you that? A guy borrowed a phone from someone in pretense that he wanted to check livescore. This guy wiped out his bank A/c. Note: This guy didn't know his pin.
Na lie,he knows na u no know say him know.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by sihamey: 8:22pm On Jan 19
millionboi2:
how do I do it
Not all bank has that feature in their mobile app so to do that you will need to visit their branch
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by millionboi2: 8:27pm On Jan 19
tuzle:
It happened to me last year. My phone was stolen around may last year, at first I was skeptical about withdrawing my money from my account because I felt there was no way they could breach the security of my bank app or ussd since they don't know my pin. One mind just told me that I should at least withdraw most of the money and just leave little change (I left the change there because we do buy food with our atm card at the place I was working, they don't accept cash payment or transfer). By the time I got home I said I should check my mail and i saw withdrawal message. Immediately I called gtb and asked them to block my account from internet banking.
na person weh know ur details steal ur phone

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by millionboi2: 8:32pm On Jan 19
Deeprooted:
I was a victim.

Under the bridge in mararaba, I don't know how those guys took my phone from my pocket and made away with 376k from my first bank account in less than 20 minutes.

For fear of the high traffic there, I went in a public vehicle only to have my phone stolen.

Our banking system have a very poor security.
was your phone locked?
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by sslcrypt: 8:37pm On Jan 19
michlins:
Oga, lock your Sim card and no one will gain access to your money. Avoid those banks you can recharge your phone using ussd codes without requiring pin

You don't understand, you can directly top up your mobile phone linked with your bank account. But every other number requires you put a 4 digit PIN number. So even if you get hold of my phone and want to top up another number you can't without my USSD pin

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19
BigDawsNet:

It's safer when you have the sim on a small phone...

But anyway u are a big boy.. you can take care of ursf

Yeah, I guess so. My main sim card is useless to any yahoo boy who lays his hand on it. Thanks to sim pin

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by AuthorMan: 8:53pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula

Another is to bring your withdrawal limit at a time to the bearest minimum. And limit per day to the bearest minimum too. You can increase it anytime you need higher amount.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by maasoap(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19
Deeprooted:
I was a victim.

Under the bridge in mararaba, I don't know how those guys took my phone from my pocket and made away with 376k from my first bank account in less than 20 minutes.

For fear of the high traffic there, I went in a public vehicle only to have my phone stolen.

Our banking system have a very poor security.

Breaking into people's phones is not supposed to be that easy now. You lock the phone, after that, banking apps too. After that, banking apps require username and password, then transactional pin. And if they make mistake to reboot your phone (may be after flashing to erase your phone's password/pin/pattern) or insert your sim card into another phone, your sim card should demand for sim pin too. Simple

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by sammirano: 9:07pm On Jan 19
Vipro:
What is PUK?

When u tell call center they will give u
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tuzle(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19
millionboi2:
na person weh know ur details steal ur phone
no inside bus and I was the only passenger in the bus. I wasn't even in the bus for more than 2mins. I was going from marwa lekki to Abraham adesanya early in the morning. The conductor called #400, when he wanted to collect money he now said it was #500. So I said I couldn't pay, I was sitting in front with the driver. By the time I got down, I noticed my phone wasn't in my pocket and the bus was still in view o.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Melonsmasher: 9:34pm On Jan 19
1Sharon:
How? I went to Nigeria last month and since I don't have a Nigerian number, I used my cousin's number to register.

Does it mean she has access to my funds?
Yes, and bare in mind she presently knows your account balance

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Myhusband(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19
when my woman lost her phone last year, I quickly log on to gtb self service to locked her acct, this means money can enter but no money can go out, since her ATM wasn't lost, I didn't block it

she didn't welcome back of the two sims the following day and we unlocked the acct

meanwhile in a password phone, they can only flash the phone, they can't acesss the phone without flashing it
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Godsonkemz(m): 10:00pm On Jan 19
Nigerian banks are aiding cyber fraudsters in their activities. When I lost my phone and needed to move all my money linked to that number to my brother's account who's also my next of kin, the useless bank couldn't allow me do so because it exceeded daily transaction limit. Thank God MTN wasn't like my useless bank.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Imagine losing all your hard earned money to thieves and fraudsters only because you lost your phone.
E go pain!
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by seanwilliam(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19
VULCAN:
Hahahahaha.

Jokes.

Nigeria is the only country in the world where some robbers carry POS, transfer the victims money and it cannot be traced later.

On two occasion over a 3yr period money was withdrawn from my GTB account by unknown persons.

One used a cheque and one was with a cloned ATM.

The cheque was definitely an inside job.

GTB had no interest in assisting us in resolving the matter.

If you haven't heard of such things like this in Nigeria, then you shouldn't be commenting on the "safety" of our banking system.

The same banking system that is rife with staff that will alert robbers when an unsecured individual comes to make a withdrawal in the millions.

Oga. Na Joke you dey Joke

lol, except it’s an insider job or you lose guide anyhow , Nigeria banks are the safest .. I know you were shocked when I said Nigeria banking system is better than America’s? grin

Take it from me, as of this moment I’m replying you o , it’s the truth..
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by sirblend: 10:50pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

My formula

Which one is freeze and unfreeze?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.