Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. (45673 Views)

The New Gcam 7.4 For All Android Phone: You Can't Have Android & Not Using Gcam / Best Phone You Ever Bought?? / How Did You Lose Your Last Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by seborrhic: 2:38pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.
Big,fat lie.
Stop spreading lies.
Not talking from say,so,but have lost my phone more than twice and not a single dime was lost before I retrieved the SIM.
One left for a week,the other happened on a Friday,went and did sim swap Tuesday the next week because the Monday was a holiday.
Both occasions didn't even block the lines.
So your post is not true at all.
It's ONLY if your pin is compromised that your money MAYBE gone.

3 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Bennycollins: 2:38pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

An added security measure is that my SIM card is locked with a PIN code
I have been robbed of my phone's and lap top right inside my house. No where safe.
I mean I was tortured untill I brought out the one I hid.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Bennycollins: 2:39pm On Jan 19
seborrhic:

Big,fat lie.
Stop spreading lies.
Not talking from say,so,but have lost my phone more than twice and not a single dime was lost before I retrieved the SIM.
One left for a week,the other happened on a Friday,went and did sim swap Tuesday the next week because the Monday was a holiday.
Both occasions didn't even block the lines.
So your post is not true at all.
It's ONLY if your pin is compromised that your money MAYBE gone.
That you were lucky doesn't make it a lie nau, haba.

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 2:40pm On Jan 19
eventainment:

Now the challenge of fingerprint login is something you are not looking into. More than one fingerprint can be added on the device and that is another challenge. So tentatively everyone wants fast transactions

Please disable bank app fingerprint, your phone is your personal property so i don't understand why someone would be sharing fingerprints with others in his/her own phone?

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Mase2020g(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19
Put password in important app
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by OYEDIPE(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19
sihamey:

So you don’t do mobile banking ? The problem is not the SIM card you use for your bank account but mobile banking app you use for transactions can be manipulated when you loose your phone.

My formula
Always freeze your account with your mobile app unfreeze it when you wants to do transactions in this case if someone steal your phone and try to use your bank app he will not succeed
Lies!!!
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Who told you that? A guy borrowed a phone from someone in pretense that he wanted to check livescore. This guy wiped out his bank A/c. Note: This guy didn't know his pin.

It's a pure lie, that guy already saw his password unknown to the owner so he looked for an opportunity to access his phone⚠️

If i give you my phone bro, you cannot even make a call with it talkless of transferring money😂😂😂😂😂😂

My phone is completely backedup, passworded and encrypted i tell you.

Nah just money to buy another phone go dey pain me no be say person won run me street🥺

2 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by 247man: 2:46pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:
I have partial solution to this...all my bank accounts are tied to just 1 SIM card and that SIM card is in a cheap torchlight phone which I keep at home permanently grin

Also. If you can afford it, buy a phone with esim and use a sim pin. And always use a phone password

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by OYEDIPE(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19
damosade:
Nigerian banking systems is on ISO99012.
One of the most secured in the world. So any thing that happen to your account is a negligence by you. No 1 weakness in any security system is.

PEOPLE
God bless you for this.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Crokky: 2:47pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:

That's exactly what I did and forwarded all calls to that sim to the phone I carry around, the only disadvantage is u pay for all forwarded calls

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Drbarmes(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

first of all.... Nobody on earth can steal your money through bank app or ussd without your password, unless they got it from you in one way or the other without your consent⚠️

Secondly, to strengthen your protection... You can simply lock your phone and alert sim card. That way, when you loose your phone nobody can break into your phone, talkless of performing any transaction...absolutely nobody♂️
As long as ur alert sim is with a criminal u r finished. All they need do is reset ur login password.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Babangidapikin: 2:47pm On Jan 19
You don't need to lose your phone to lose your money this days, they are some phone with very weak security and they allow cloning and duplication of your phone activities .. literally impersonating your phone and sim... just ensure you put the right authentication, unfortunately a man in the middle attack can hijack the so call otp or it never gets to you and some yeye fin-tech even makes not sending sms a default, so if someone steals your identity you would never be alerted ... and the sim technology sef goes beyond the physical sim, it is virtual and anything virtual can be replicated .....I only wish ex President Obasanjo had allowed Glo to operate satellite telephoning at least we would know the challenge is only with the phones ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by gr8child(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19
1. Don't use the same USSD code as your phone unlock code.

2. Password your SIM.

3. Two Factor Authenticate all your finance, email and social media apps.

4. As much as possible have a backup smart phone you can leave at home with a backup line that you can use as your recovery line.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Konquest: 2:48pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:

Not bad... Only the paranoid survive.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by 99thEnemy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
What about people with Button phones?
same thing.

They sometimes need access to just the simcard.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Carbie: 2:50pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. The Nigerian Banking System is very weak. Once you lose your phone, you lose all your money in your Bank a/c. This is very bad.

It’s very easy to protect your money from thief etc.

Get a E-Sim enabled phone, convert your sim to E-sim and password the phone.

Shikena

That’s all.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by seborrhic: 2:50pm On Jan 19
Bennycollins:
That you were lucky doesn't make it a lie nau, haba.
Oga,there is no day people don't lose their phones.
Many of them are not tech savvy and don't do all these sim or phone lock of a thing.
The same story has been spreading that once your ATM card is stolen,your money is gone.
I am telling you that is not true on both instances.
You must have compromised your bank pin or ATM pin deliberately or accidentally to someone you know or had access to it one way or the other.
I am not saying people should be carefree and don't immediately block their lines or ATM when it gets missing,but the point I am making is that phone being stolen does not automatically guarantee your money is gone,even if you didn't lock your phone.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Cmanforall: 2:51pm On Jan 19
Truvelisback:

It depends somehow on you
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Moneyboyz: 2:51pm On Jan 19
That can only happen if you sim has no password.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tochez24(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19
Drbarmes:

As long as ur alert sim is with a criminal u r finished. All they need do is reset ur login password.

A criminal cannot do anything with a locked sim card, and they can not reset you sim pin without providing your sim PUK number⚠️

Your problem is that you people don't read to learn!!!!

You only read to argue blindly🙄

I'm sharing an important information to you and you're arguing instead of updating yourself♂️

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Skyehigher1: 2:52pm On Jan 19
I remember the day I lost my phone on Ramadan festive season then I don't lose one Kobo in my account what I did is that I just my bank manager that my phone is lost now and he told that I should press some key number and block my account and after that I report to my friend at MTN office to disactivate my number so I bought another sim card and linking it to my bank for alert immediately ... So after a year I retrieve the number again
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by gbemishile: 2:52pm On Jan 19
If my phone loss today.
Patapata,u go format am ni.
Cus u no go fit to access anything

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Carbie: 2:52pm On Jan 19
247man:

Also. If you can afford it, buy a phone with esim and use a sim pin. And always use a phone password

The way to go bro.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by tuzle(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19
It happened to me last year. My phone was stolen around may last year, at first I was skeptical about withdrawing my money from my account because I felt there was no way they could breach the security of my bank app or ussd since they don't know my pin. One mind just told me that I should at least withdraw most of the money and just leave little change (I left the change there because we do buy food with our atm card at the place I was working, they don't accept cash payment or transfer). By the time I got home I said I should check my mail and i saw withdrawal message. Immediately I called gtb and asked them to block my account from internet banking.
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by DEBJOCH1(m): 2:57pm On Jan 19
I HAVE UP TO FIVE ACCOUNTS, HAVE MOBILE BANKING ON JUST ONE ACCOUNT, ON THE OTHER ACCOUNT, I DO NOT HAVE THEIR ATM CARDS OR MOBILE BANKING APP.

WHAT I DO IS, I GO TO OTHER BANKS TO DO PHYSICAL TRANSFER TO THE BANK WHICH I HAVE THEIR MOBILE BANKING APP AND ATM. THE OTHER FOUR BANK ACCOUNTS.

ON THE BANK WHICH I HAVE THEIR MOBILE APP AND ATM, I ONLY HAVE CHOP MONEY AND TRANSPORT MONEY IN THAT ACCOUNT. WHEN YOU DONT TIE YOUR ACCOUNT TO MOBILE APP, USSD OR ATM CARD, YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO FEAR EVEN IF YOUR PHONE OR SIM FALLS INTO ANY HAND.

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by FutureFocus: 2:58pm On Jan 19
Very correct

Obierika , you asked a question on that thread , I was about to answer but Seun moderator banned me,

It’s very important you activate your USSD Banking and change the pin , because if you do not, once your phone got lost, either you put pin on your sim or lock your phone does not matter, there are software engineers that will unlock your phone and these criminals will keep the phone charged , note that your Service provider only request for pin code if you just power your phone ON, these criminals will unlock it, activate your USSD Banking and steal your money without sim pin, this is what I was told in the bank the day i bragged about always having my phone and sim locked.

The banker laughed and said “ the criminals will unlock the phone, it will only request for pin if they insert my sim in another phone and the criminals knows this, so they won’t , they will just unlock the phone and activate your USSD because they know many people doesn’t even use USSD and so never activated it, that was the day I activated mine and select pin before the criminals activate on my behalf

3 Likes

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by NinjaMetahuman: 2:58pm On Jan 19
tochez24:

You loose your money because you're actually DUMB, not because something is wrong with the Nigerian banking system⚠️

If you're not technically inclined, please avoid using ATM cards and nothing will happen to money if you loose your phone!!!!

But, if you're smart and technically exposed like me.... First thing you do is to lock your alert sim with a unique password, then proceed to lock with your atm cards, bank apps and ussd with passwords. To be on a safe side, you can use one long unique password for all of them, linking them to just one mobile network which you have already passworded too.

And please do not share this details with anyone, whether with a friend, family or scammers impersonating bank staffs.

That way when you loose your phone, nobody can even access your mobile line talkless of your bank account😆😆

I have lost my phone severely times and nothing happened to my bank account 💯
that's what I always advise people. If you don't know what you are doing, don't do Internet banking.

Carry your checkbook and go to bank and go and queue there.

Internet bank is connivient and very secure. If I lose my sim or phone, I'm not even going to be worried.

I have forgetten my debit cards couple of times and when I remember I will go and collect it.
I will just put instant limit on the card immediately I noticed it's missing or suspend it till I find it.

If I lose my phone, you have to be working with the FBI to unlock it grin

1 Like

Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by DenreleDave(m): 2:58pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:

You too much.. My own sim is even passworded
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by fash78(m): 2:59pm On Jan 19
99thEnemy:
says who?😁

Any SIM linked to any of my financial accounts and other important things of high priority has simlock activated. Anytime the phone powers off and is back on you must input the SIM’s pin after unlocking the phone with passcode.

Stealing my phone, you are left with a brick because it can never be used except you know my activation lock details which leaves you with only one option to profit from it, which is to salvage it for spare parts.

My sim without knowing its PINCODE is just a useless chip.

Can you please describe how to activate sim lock? Thanks
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by Prigidypogodo(f): 3:01pm On Jan 19
DenreleDave:

You too much.. My own sim is even passworded
baby boy
Re: Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. by seunlayi(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19
Kobicove:

Same here. It's not even inside any phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / 3 Phones That Will Make A Mark In 1st Half Of 2015 / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.