Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) (49647 Views)

One Chance Robbers Caught In Wuse, Abuja (pics/video) / EFCC Arrests 9 Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Pics) / The Police Team That Rescued Kidnapped Expatriates In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by brainhgeek(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19
What of the kidnappers? Are they dead?
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by AncientAlien(m): 6:03pm On Jan 19
May God deliver those in edo forest too and the remaining siblings of nabeelah
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by dchamp234(m): 6:10pm On Jan 19
Keaton:
Omo, this woman eye don see shege

Most times I come on this platform, I thank God for giving me the grace to leave una Nigeria when I did, and at the same time, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor and downtrodden. I wonder how people get by
This is a foolish statement, did you leave with your father and mother? Did you leave with your brothers and sisters? I guess no, they are suffering on your behalf.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by AskNgige2: 6:20pm On Jan 19
lolu2019:
God bless Nigeria Army.

Wow I am so happy for this..

They must have been Tru alot

1 Like

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Spain007(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19
Creamypie:
They will still vote apc in 2027

It's beyond imagination bro....
And tunubu dollar @ 1370.

1 Like

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Fujiyama: 6:59pm On Jan 19
DeepSight:
Ha! - So some peeps here still remember that fateful night. Na wah for Naija oh.

^^^
Damn right we do.

There was a lot to learn from that thread. A lot.

DeepSight:
I have to say, this country is for the strong. It makes desperate attempts to squeeze the life out of its people. Everyday it tries again, and when you think you just have a breather, something new and vicious, and seemingly calculated to destroy you in particular, comes up.

^^^
grin

A close relative relocated and was teased quite often by new friends about her very pronounced siege mentality. It took a lot of gentle coaxing by these friends for her to understand that the world (or the new country at least) wasn't just out to get her for no reason. Well...those of us she left behind are not leaving our mental bunkers anytime soon. Only the paranoid survive here. grin

DeepSight:
PS: You are very right about the fact that so many are suffering abroad. Someone who just left for Canada last year told me how he sells his plasma weekly to make ends meet. I was shocked to my bone.

^^^
Exactly.

The horror stories don't get as much airtime. But they are there. lipsrsealed A lot of people here simply cannot conceive of how easy it is to fall from grace in these places. Some will come to a deeply personal understanding of the phrase 'one paycheck away from homelessness'...but their stories won't be widely broadcast. It is what it is.

The new frontier I foresee is young men of a certain age getting into big trouble (because of women) with the law in their new countries. There have been a few high profile cases and that number is almost certain to rise in the coming years. Far too many young (and not so young) men here think nothing of casual rape of an adult female or statutory rape of female teens. These young men have never paid any price for this here so its inevitable that they will be crushed when they come up against the system in other countries. That's when their 'japa' dream will turn into an absolute nightmare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Opmic: 7:14pm On Jan 19
More rescue in Jesus name
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by LastProphet: 7:27pm On Jan 19
Nigeria, returned to the stone age, very good
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Inamu92: 7:28pm On Jan 19
Oga, this rescue mission took place in my community, Orokam in Ogbadibo L.G.A. of Benue State not in Abuja. The rescue operations is still ongoing.

1 Like

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by kuntash: 7:31pm On Jan 19
Creamypie:
They will still vote apc in 2027

Pray none of your family member is in such situation and someone says this about the situation
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Inamu92: 7:31pm On Jan 19
These are some of the kidnappers arrested in the process while going to collect ransom.

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Coolgent(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19
After paying ransom
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Buharidgeneral: 7:46pm On Jan 19
Coolgent:
After paying ransom
thank God oo
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by DeepSight(m): 8:19pm On Jan 19
Fujiyama:

^^^
Damn right we do.

There was a lot to learn from that thread. A lot.

It remains an instructive memory for me till this day. Quite often when I feel deeply frustrated, I look back to that day and draw inspiration. I say to myself - you who was so miraculously delivered from the jaws of death, there must be purpose in your life.

^^^
grin

A close relative relocated and was teased quite often by new friends about her very pronounced siege mentality. It took a lot of gentle coaxing by these friends for her to understand that the world (or the new country at least) wasn't just out to get her for no reason. Well...those of us she left behind are not leaving our mental bunkers anytime soon. Only the paranoid survive here. grin

When Naija comes for you it surrounds you and frustrates you. It would be as though a high powered mafia don has put out an order for your head. Because every step you take will be confronted with obstacles in such an uncanny manner that it will be hard to believe that there isn't an intelligent mind acting deliberately against you. This is probably what accounts for the conclusion of many people that their "village people" have come for them.

^^^
Exactly.

The horror stories don't get as much airtime. But they are there. lipsrsealed A lot of people here simply cannot conceive of how easy it is to fall from grace in these places. Some will come to a deeply personal understanding of the phrase 'one paycheck away from homelessness'...but their stories won't be widely broadcast. It is what it is.

This cannot be oversaid. I know all too many people who, over the decades, and still presently, are seeing "pepper" abroad. Many things we even take for granted here are so exacting abroad that there is simply no escape. Many do end up on the streets.

On the brighter side, one must also note that Nigerians are an aggressively industrious and entrepreneurial lot. And thus I believe we rank among the most successful and noteworthy diasporas in the world. Not many countries even have a significant diaspora, and among Africans, the Nigerian diaspora has no mate in any sense - intellectually, academically, entrepreneurially, and yes, even fraudulently.

The new frontier I foresee is young men of a certain age getting into big trouble (because of women) with the law in their new countries. There have been a few high profile cases and that number is almost certain to rise in the coming years. Far too many young (and not so young) men here think nothing of casual rape of an adult female or statutory rape of female teens. These young men have never paid any price for this here so its inevitable that they will be crushed when they come up against the system in other countries. That's when their 'japa' dream will turn into an absolute nightmare.

Now you have touched on a big subject here, especially in this day and age. Its no longer just a question of being jailed for actual sexual offenses. Increasingly there is the danger of losing your job or even career to an accusation that sounds as vague as this - "I was not comfortable with the way he looked at me and felt sexually harassed."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Seriouslady: 8:29pm On Jan 19
Kudos to the Nigerian Army.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Zakarara(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19
Elsewhere, this is d work of the police...

1 Like

Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by ProtonX: 8:40pm On Jan 19
God bless our gallant soldiers. Hopefully rescue missions will be quicker from now on before someone gets killed by their abductors.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by okoolori(m): 8:51pm On Jan 19
Kennitrust:
A lawless president

Will not enforce any strong law in the country

The president kidnapped the will of the whole country and not those who helped him to kidnap the will of the people are doing what their master taugh them
Na osusumaiye go strike your yehyeh mouth
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by 701adeyemo: 9:19pm On Jan 19
Thank GodThank God...
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Mokason288(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19
Chikel20000:
I think it's time to kill any kidnapper caught abeg

And you think it’s your decision to make??
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Hollaryinka: 10:19pm On Jan 19
God bless Nigeria Army.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by ebufa: 11:06pm On Jan 19
madridguy:
God Bless the Nigerian Army for always doing the needful. The last line of defense, the sentinels of our great nation.

na so...so what has ESN being doing in the southeast for the past 30 months? The Nigerian army has found its long lost voice because a southern yorubaman is in power..........when fulani herdsmen kidnappers were flogging kidnapped igbo clergymen including bishops....same ESN was tagged a terrorist body cos they came for their tormentors!! our mothers and sisters were raped in their farms...yet you people called ESN a terrorist organisation!

The black african negro is an enigmatic character........tormented by tribalism and tortured by sheer cowardice! Even the ever sensible Igbo man of yore is begining to lose his chivalry and rational thought process..................go figure!
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Fearyourcreator: 11:46pm On Jan 19
Keaton:
Omo, this woman eye don see shege

Most times I come on this platform, I thank God for giving me the grace to leave una Nigeria when I did, and at the same time, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor and downtrodden. I wonder how people get by
Some of you sha... So where you dey bad things no dey happen there ...
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Shadysen: 11:57pm On Jan 19
I like news like this, God bless the armies.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Barcalee: 12:32am On Jan 20
Hope they haven't bleeped the hell out of those ladies.....anyways congratulations
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by poseidon12: 1:35am On Jan 20
madridguy:
God Bless the Nigerian Army for always doing the needful. The last line of defense, the sentinels of our great nation.

APC supporter.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by madridguy(m): 7:02am On Jan 20
IPOB supporter

poseidon12:

APC supporter.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by FuckYeyeMods: 7:39am On Jan 20
Kennitrust:
A lawless president

Will not enforce any strong law in the country

The president kidnapped the will of the whole country and not those who helped him to kidnap the will of the people are doing what their master taugh them
Werey ... Will of the whole country.
I don't know when a DOT becomes WHOLE.
Yeye be like when dot people claim whole.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by We4all: 7:51am On Jan 20
Orlu13:

mumu...hw has ur English speaking and punctuation helped ur life...I'm not a hater like u dats why I am glad abt wat d guy said and I pray dat God also grants me good health and enough money to leave this hell hole of a country...see how ppls sisters and brothers are being held in the bush as if we are a war torn country...Citizens of Gaza are even more secure dan citizens of Nigeria who pay tax and hope on the govt.

Anu, will the whole Nigerians leave because people are being kidnapped? Why not start a revolution if you care so much? People way younger than you have been doing it in other countries. Don't be a coward.
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by We4all: 7:52am On Jan 20
Keaton:

Your pain deh sweet me 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oloti, I am not the one who is slaving myself in a foreign land. Why should I be pained?
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Passionate1(m): 8:06am On Jan 20
D game go change when D citizens dey ready to rule. . .
Re: Moment Nigerian Soldiers Rescued Kidnapped Victims In Abuja (Pics/Video) by Bellotelli: 9:32am On Jan 20
madridguy:
Omoh, people dey really see shege for this country o. Our security need to be encouraged to all out against these bandits and kidnappers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death In Anambra (Photos) / 28-Year-Old Obianuju Emmanuella Anyaibe Is Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.