Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! (9791 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Beaf: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
VoodooDoll:

If GEJ resigns, what would be the sequence of events:

1) Sambo gets sworn in;
2) SS agitates that the North has cheated;
3) SE agitates that it was its turn for power;
4) North rejects Sambo as being Westernised;
5) Military picks a side (North?); and
6) Crisis and extreme violence all around.

We are better working with the "tool" that we have and use the "tool" as an opportunity to renegotiate the terms of our union.

Good post, but if by "agitation" you mean crippling the country and embarking on a liberation war, then yes, the SS will "agitate."
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
Enough of the silly fear-mongering. I am assured of one thing and that is, that Nigerians are mostly all talk and not much else.  We all expected violence and chaos for well over a year, and nothing happened. (NO one should attempt to claim BokoHaram is fighting for a Northern presidency since BH raised it's ugly head during the Yar adua regime). However, we can vote, and so all those who are afraid of North-North /South-South/Atlantic Ocean people taking over can always go to the polls to vote a new person in.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
If GEJ resigns rest assured that pipelines will go up in flames daily until Nigeria is crippled. Militancy will shift from North back to the south. Trust me an angry south south is worse economically than Boko Haram.

Either way there will be no more election in Nigeria if GEJ resigns.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by VoodooDoll(m): 10:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
A pity that the Nigerian Civil War is not remembered or taught properly in Schools.

Our civil war was one of the first wars to really bring the horrors of African genocide to the fore.

A new civil war will be very bloody. It will be short as there is oil to finance extremely heavy weaponry, but it would be bloody.

As a "nation" we live in each other's lands and houses. I do not wish a new civil war on anybody, but a new war will see people being lynched as ethnic groups are "cleansed".

We will see "big" men's homes getting torched and ethnic armies emerging from smoke.

A new civil war will see regions fighting different regions (and not even the ones you expect) as trust is lost.

Let's not wish GEJ resigns. Let's make him bolder to see the terms of our reunion get renegotiated.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by emiye(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2011
Resignation or Impeachment is not the way forward.

We only need to keep him on his toes till 2015 when he will be eased out.  This will come in form of nation wide mass protests with clear agenda like fuel subsidy, security issues. After May 2015, hopefully Nigerians will make a wiser choice
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2011
If the man resigns, or if he is impeached, I believe Nigerians will readily match to the polls to vote someone in. Not Violence or fears of civil wars as some pretend.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by emiye(m): 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

If the man resigns, or if he is impeached, I believe Nigerians will readily match to the polls to vote someone in. Not Violence or fears of civil wars as some pretend.

Jonathan's resignation or impeachment will not lead to fresh elections unfortunately.

The constitution stipulates that the second in rank takes over
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^^^
Do you have any evidence to 'back-up' your believe? Or we should just accept it because you have said it twice, Kobo?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
emiye:

Jonathan's resignation or impeachment will not lead to[b] fresh elections[/b] unfortunately.

The constitution stipulates that the second in rank takes over

Nothing is automatic but if he does step down, the likelihood increases.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by EMANY01(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2011
@ Kobojunkie
I get the feeling you want to come back to ekiti under some entity other than Nigeria perharps Oduduwa republic no?
Ask any military minded analyst the events of the last eight months in Libya was a rude reinforcement /confirmation(more like) of what could happen in a contry like Nigeria if say the Niger-deltans or more optimally the Niger-delta and the south-east insist on withdrawing from Nigeria over some perceived slight all the while supported by the usual suspects who will call for peacetalks negotiations and all what not all the while they have already decided that the resulting new nation/nations suit their interest better(pay particular attension to the fact that for a while the rebels only had 4x4s something widely available in the ND).Even the Chinese will get in line.
I have an assignment for you:Imagine if you will Goodluck Jonathan being impeached via a core northern and western majority in congess or worse still his motorcade being attacked successfully with him killed in say KANO while he is on an official visit there.
On second thot dont the aftermath is too grave to contemplate.

Forgive my typos I'm on a mobile and mobile too.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by CyberG: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2011
Jonathan Shitluck voted for on Friday, dead on Saturday, buried on Sunday! Did I not warn you? Yet you "votes" gave him 99%!? He go show you wen by doing NOTHING! grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Gbenge77(m): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2011
I concur.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Gbawe: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2011
If GEJ willingly resigns, not a damn thing will happen. It seems that GEJ nairaland fans , many living in the diaspora and thus disengaged with affairs in Nigeria, don't appreciate how unpopular GEJ has become. most Nigerians are more like Paddy Lo and not like some of the blind die-hard fans of GEJ on NL who deliberately refuse to accept what is glaringly obvious.

Paddy Lo , before the elections, supported GEJ as passionately as anyone else. Now he regrets his support deeply because of how GEJ has been a huge disappointment. Most who supported GEJ will now be glad to see the back of him !!!! He cannot safegaurd lives and property and will not check profligacy or waste yet he is comfortable with insensitive actions such as removal of subsidy and re-introduction of toll gates. Reasonable and balanced folks don't fool themselves to the extent the hardcore GEJ NL fans are doing. Nigerians are bitterly disappointed with GEJ. It is as simple as that.

http://www.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=3750:jonathan-under-fire-over-attacks&Itemid=542

Monday, 07 November 2011 01:14
Jonathan under fire over attacks Featured
Written by  Ade Adesomoju

Following Friday attacks by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram in Maiduguri and Damaturu, Nigerians on various social network sites, including the Facebook, Twitter and online discussion fora, have blamed the incessant attacks on the "weakness" of Goodluck Jonathan Presidency.

Many of those who posted comments on the Facebook wall of the President, expressed disappointment in him, saying his approach to security issues in the country was characterised by timidity and had failed to justify the mandate given to him at the April poll.

When our correspondent visited the President’s Facebook wall on Sunday at about 9.54pm, his latest post was on Thursday around 10.07am.

Though he wrote on the progress his administration had made in some sectors, but the preponderance of the reactions to the post focused on the latest of Boko Haram attacks.

[b]A comment made by one Facebook user named, Precious Nevene, read, "Sincerely, you can do better than this. I had serious high hopes when you became President. But now you have to fix this. A leader that doesn’t inspire confidence and respect from his people is no leader at all."

Toyin Fajana commented thus, "GEJ, how come 136 of my cousins in the north were killed in one day. What the heck (sic) are you doing. You are Commander in Chief. Please act like the Commander in Chief you are. You seem to be the one sabotaging your government."

Martin Ogboogu, on his part stated, "Nigeria will go to war very soon. We need action or maybe you will get the message when the Boko Haram bombers hit you or Dame. Sort out our security now."

The reactions of Nigerians on Twitter are not different.

Iniobong Umoh™ tweeted at about some minutes past 9pm, "These Boko Haram people have succeeded in making President Goodluck Jonathan weak and powerless, no one believes him anymore."

Chikaoduah, at about 4.28pm, "We are highly disappointed in the administration of Goodluck Jonathan."

A post by Godman_n on Nairaland on Friday at 3.24pm stated, "Jonah, Jonah is navigating the ship of the Nigerian state. Let those that gave us Jonah bear the brunt of his misrule."
[/b]
Prince_kingsley, apparently reacting to the deluge of criticisms of the President, said on Nairaland on Saturday, "I do wonder what some dudes want Goodluck Jonathan to do about the issue of Boko Haram. Will he kill himself?"
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Gbawe: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2011
http://saharareporters.com/article/paying-high-cost-political-amateurism-ugochukw-raymond-ogubuariri

Paying The High Cost Of Political Amateurism By Ugochukw Raymond Ogubuariri

Presently, the National Assembly, on one hand, and the Ministries of Petroleum, Finance, and the NNPC, on the other hand, are locked in a blame game and denials regarding the non-remittance of N450 billion to the Federation Account by NNPC. It is in the context of this cacophony of conflicting voices and anarchy of governmental disorderliness that President Jonathan is proposing the withdrawal of fuel subsidy with a promise to invest its proceeds in transforming the country into an Eldorado.

Indeed, the more we conclude that we’ve probably had the worst from the PDP-led government, the more they invent more repressive policies as if to ensure that Nigerians never get to enjoy any moment of respite. On Thursday 3rd November, 2001, the government came up with a plan to re-introduce toll gates on all Federal Roads in the country. It is pertinent to note that in 2004, former President Olusegun Obasanjo spent million (if not billions) of naira to demolish toll gates in the country following its planned removal of fuel subsidy. Obasanjo then had felt that removing fuel subsidy while still retaining toll gates would have sparked mass protests across the country.

[b]Strangely, if General Obasanjo, notorious for his hard-heartedness, could make a gesture of sparing some considerations for ordinary Nigerians by removing the burden of toll plaza (even if controversially), what do we then say of President Jonathan – the self-acclaimed lamb that is supposed to take away the economic sins of Nigerians? Shockingly, he is not only imposing fuel tax and subsidy removal, but also, backing it up with toll fees. What a double-barrelled assault?
Predictably, some uncritically minded Nigerians would rise in defence of this new policy by arguing that as long as it ensures that our roads are motorable, it is a worthwhile imposition. My question then is this: what has happened to the billions of naira appropriated annually for use by the Federal Ministry of Works and Transportation?
What assurance do we have that the proceeds from this new toll gates will not end up as campaign funds for PDP? What tangible infrastructural achievement can we really ascribe to Jonathan’s government apart from a determinate resolve to evangelize and inflict pain, misery, and melancholy on hapless Nigerians?[/b]

When you aggregate and juxtapose all these proposals with the gradual, ongoing devaluation of our currency as well as the hike in tuition fees for most public school, it then becomes brutally clear that our trouble as a people is cogently real and painfully so.

In the light of this unbroken barrage of “Jonathanian tribulations,” can we honestly and convincingly say that anything has changed? In making the tragic misjudgement of renouncing political correctness and flirting with the strange contrivance of “voting for personality and not party,” do we not stand indicted for signing our collective death warrant and, unwittingly, driving a nail in our collective coffin? Are we actually learning any lesson from our present self-inflicted travails, knowing fully well that by 2015, we will file out and march through the electoral crucible once again?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2011
**yawns**
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Johndoe100(m): 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
Why don't you people debate something that is real. GEJ is going nowhere. I mean letls talk about kobojunkets knickers, what do you think they look like? I vote for drawes, those ones that look like footballers shorts.
I am sure you get the point. Anything that has the ring of reality. Next you haters will be starting threads that go "let's pretend buhari is president". Jesus save us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2011
we regret having GEJ as our leader, this man has fail us in all ways.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2011
We don't regret having GEJ; faced with the same options, we will gladly choose him again!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2011
EMANY 01:

@ Kobojunkie
I get the feeling you want to come back to ekiti under some entity other than Nigeria perharps Oduduwa republic no?
Ask any military minded analyst the events of the last eight months in Libya was a rude reinforcement /confirmation(more like) of what could happen in a contry like Nigeria if say the Niger-deltans or more optimally the Niger-delta and the south-east insist on withdrawing from Nigeria over some perceived slight all the while supported by the usual suspects who will call for peacetalks negotiations and all what not all the while they have already decided that the resulting new nation/nations suit their interest better(pay particular attension to the fact that for a while the rebels only had 4x4s something widely available in the ND).Even the Chinese will get in line.
I have an assignment for you:Imagine if you will Goodluck Jonathan being impeached via a core northern and western majority in congess or worse still his motorcade being attacked successfully with him killed in say KANO while he is on an official visit there.
On second thot dont the aftermath is too grave to contemplate.

Forgive my typos I'm on a mobile and mobile too.

You lost me on the very first line of your post. Why in the world would I want to visit Ekiti(I have never been and have no desires to)? What for? What is the connection

As for the comparisons attempted (between Libya and Nigeria ) I don't see any valid connection between the two. countries let alone the political situation in each.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by ronkebp(f): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2011
I just feel that, we all should be patient and give this president peace of mind, so that he can do his job well.  Nigeria is not a nation that can be turned around easily, infact the positive turn around would extend to like 20 years, if the presidents know what they are doing.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by manny4life(m): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2011
NO, Why should he? angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2011
Enjoy your fresh air
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by boyt1: 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2011
so GEJ should resign for another aboki or Boko haramis to be in power again,God forbid!. Nigeria must split into  pieces instead, if the hausas don't  support a SS/SE President.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by graluxxy054(f): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2011
After all the trainin i gave him, Hmmmm well. You guys shud let my gej be. He's tryin its just dat som bad beles are just tryin tooth and nail 2 fustrate his efforts tho i must say he is clueless
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Shinor(m): 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2011
A nation gets the kind of leader it deserves.
During the last electioneering campaign, I navigated this site daily consuming nauseating posts by pro GEJ sycophants.
I was appalled to realize in this day and age, an educated or seemingly literate populace will vote for a candidate based on nothing else just his name.
So if a candidate with the name Prosperous Country contests the 2015 elections will Nigerians in their usual gullible state vote for him?
You voted GEJ now the guy has shown he is nothing than bad luck.
Do you know that we have never lost the amount of youth corps members since the inception of the programme like we have lost under GEJ?
But since Nigerians wanted luck well there you go. Eat your luck
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Shinor(m): 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
I used to aspire to rule to Nigeria but after hearing GEJ, I realised I was too good for the job.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
over 10000 People died in various sharIa crisis during Obj regime.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Afam4eva(m): 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
In a sane country, that should be, but this is Nigeria where nobody resigns.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by godman01(m): 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2011
If he resigns, who should take over?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by dinggle: 7:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
Supported!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by mymadam(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
Jonathan to resign? No way! Nigerian politicians never do. Anyway, if that should happen, Sambo will crawl in through the back door. Is that what Nigerians deserve? However, nature will surely soon take its course. We DO NOT want any military intervention though, this would be 2 steps forward, 10 steps backward. Let us make things happen, but how? Chineke God!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Orikinla(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
He can rise up to the challenges and excel.

Let him face his trials.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai: PDP Is A Party Of Criminals Determined To Ruin Nigeria / REVEALED: Amaechi Spent 5 Billion On Rally / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.