Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! (9793 Views)

Okorocha Has Abandoned Imo For His Son-in-law, He Should Resign – Onuegbu / Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by silibaba: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
did yaradua resign lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
make una sharapppppppppppp there
jona must complete his tenure before anytin. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if am to advice, tell buhari to talk his though BOKOharam cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by silibaba: 6:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
buhari should talk to his thug grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Beaf: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

you must have been born with a di[i]c[/i]k in your brain

that was some 20 yrs ago for bleeps' sake. this is 2011, you jonathan c[i]o[/i]cksuck[i]e[/i]r. at least in britain, when people die the government show care, assist the family of the deceased and some sort of investigation and solutions are being proffered. what has your moronic jonathan done to salvage the situation as we speak.

the dunderhead is more bothered about removing the oil subsidy than fighting the extremists making life unbearable for the citizens of his country and scaring foreign investors shitless. yet, like a troglodyte that you are, you defend this simpleton. why are you such a spaz with little or no nous?
the hardship in nigeria is bad enough without boko haram. adding them into the equation is just damn unbearable for the suffering masses.

comparing this situation to the ira situation when an average briton has a roof over his head, eat 3 square quality meals and he's clothed to the situation in nigeria has already proven you to be a lunatic. a rabid dog that should be put away before it spreads infection in the community.
the next time you open that cesspit you call out to speak to me rudely, i shall reach into that smelly mouth of yours and pull your skeleton out.

what a pubic louse!

You are obviously more interested in sounding like an agbero as well as a cowardly traitor who has been defeated by boko haram. The other alternative is that you are driven by either bigotry or a low IQ.
I gave you the example of the IRA troubling Britain for 86 years, during which time govt changed hands between parties and several attempts were made on Downing street, yet no one ever called for the Prime Ministers resignation; but you answer is that it happened 20 years ago! How daft can daft get? shocked
Do you mean it is modern to be unrefined, a traitor, coward, or a bigot?

Point to a single country where crude cowards like you have thrown up their hands in defeat and asked their leader to resign. Thats a challenge.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by coogar: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
Beaf:

You are obviously more interested in sounding like an agbero as well as a cowardly traitor who has been defeated by boko haram. The other alternative is that you are driven by either bigotry or a low IQ.
I gave you the example of the IRA troubling Britain for 86 years, during which time govt changed hands between parties and several attempts were made on Downing street, yet no one ever called for the Prime Ministers resignation; but you answer is that it happened 20 years ago! How daft can daft get? shocked
Do you mean it is modern to be a traitor, coward, unrefined or a bigot?

Point to a single country where crude cowards like you have thrown up their hands in defeat and asked their leader to resign. Thats a challenge.

when God was distributing intelligence, you were on a leave of absence.
in the punditry of hard currency, your intelligence has to be lower than the zimbabwean dollar and it's no exaggeration.
how can one be so ridiculously daft not to know his left from right?

no one ever called for prime ministers' resignation because terrorism was the only issue the united kingdom were dealing with then. nigeria today is dealing with electricity, unemployment, oil subsidy, bribery and corruption, high wave of crime, and hundreds of other issues. nigeria is going backwards under jonathan and you have the gall to say someone has no intelligence quotient? are you aware yours is in the negative integer?

if i have constant power, good job, affordable fuel price, a working system and a crime rate that is lower than 5%, i would be confident in the government to deal with boko haram. one bad apple wouldn't spoil the whole bunch. but in a situation where basic things are lacking, nigerians should kick out jonathan. he's shown he's not competent to run a family compound, let alone run a country.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
Basics007:

If he resigns who will take over? Sambo? We are back to the northern hegemony again which is exactly what the backers of these militants want.
He shouldn't resign. He has 2 urgent options he needs to pursue.
1. Grow a pair of balls. Call the bluff of anybody. Publish the names of these sponsors and go after them.
2. Call a national conference. Split the country the way it should be done.
Infact these 2nd option is the most feasible and best. It will definately happen someday so there's no reason delaying the inevitable. Yugoslavia is a prime example. It had to take a series of wars and thousands of lives lost for each region to find their levels. Something they could've done peacefully years ago.

1) If Jonathan where to die today, who do you think He PICKED to rule in his stead? Sambo . . . . whether you like it or not, the North is not going to disappear if Jonathan resigns or does not resign. It is in your interest, and in the interest of your children, and your children's children, that you start accepting that reality. The North is here to stay.

2) It is obvious at this point in the process that not a majority Nigerians are in this call for the splitting of the Country. So again, it will behoove you that you start living with that reality from today. Nigeria is not going away anytime soon.  grin

3) Citing cases where the people where at least organized and united in their cause is not going to help your argument in any way. Every group in Nigeria is fragmented to the point that they cannot even agree on whether development needs to start at the local or national level. So, again, step into reality here.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by auhanson(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Resignation is d worst thing to happen now due to series of unpleasant events that could follow soot. We rather should encourage Him to wakeup to His powers as commander-in-chief and handle the bull by the horn. We must have to tolorate Him at this junture, while firing His Bottom to wakeup from slumber. There's nothing wrong if the house can take over the deliberation of these Boko Haram thing and derive solutions mandatedly to the president since he cudnt handle it in the first instance: Afterall, the house have been doing gud works recently, Over 100 million intelligent Nigerians can't be found wanting like this because the president can't act
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by auhanson(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
In as much as we're in democracy, we can in clear terms suggest our opinion to the senate as our contributions in what GEJ shld do to resolve these Boko Haram crisis instead of resignation, which cud further down complicate our predicaments
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by 9jaIhail(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
I AM NOT A FAN OF JONATHAN LIKE I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST BUT I AM LOOKING AT THIS ISSUE IN OTHER WORDS,WHAT DO U THINK IT WILL HAPPEN IF JONATHAN ORDER TO KILL IBB BUHARI MUSLIM LEADERS AND ALL THE POLITICAL GOD FATHERS IN THE NORTH, WON'T YOU THE NORTHERNERS LABEL HIM TO BE A TRIBALISM LEADER? WE ALL ARE FULLY AWARE THAT BOKO HARAM IS BACKED BY THE POWERFUL NORTHERN EMPIRES, EVEN OUR SO CALL SECURITY CHIEFS ARE AFRAID OF BOKO HARAM DUE TO THE POWERFUL NOTHERN EMPIRES THAT BACK THE HARAM GROUP,LOOK I NEED TO BE FAIR SOME TIMES IN MY JUDGEMENT LOOKING AT JONATHAN I SEE HIM AS A GENTLE GUY WHO WISH TO BRING FUTURE INTO THIS NIGERIA I MUST SAY HE HAS A VISION AND HIS INTENTION WAS A FAIR ONE,BUT THE NORTHERN LEADERS WITH THEIR SELFISH POLITICAL DOMINANCE HAS MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE FOR THE YOUNG MAN,PLEASE LET US REMEMBER IF JONATHAN IS TO TAKE A RADICAL APPROACH TO APPREHEND THE BACKERS OF BOKO HARAM NOTHERNS WILL CALL IT A BIAS REGIME.JONATHAN IS HELPLESS AND POWERLESS AS LONG AS NORTHERN POLITICIANS ARE OUT FOR BUSINESS BECAUSE THE NORTHERNS BELIEVE THAT NIGERIA PRESIDENCY IS THEIR BIRTH RIGHT WHICH MADE THEM SEE IT AS A HARAM FOR SS/SE TO BE ON THATS POST.

I WILL LIKE TO TASK THE NORTHERNERS TO EMBRACE PEACE IF TRULY THEY BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA.LET THEY STOP THIS MADNESS.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Beaf: 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
coogar:

in the punditry of hard currency, your intelligence has to be lower than the zimbabwean dollar and it's no exaggeration.

[size=14pt]no one ever called for prime ministers' resignation because terrorism was the only issue[/size] the united kingdom were dealing with then. nigeria today is dealing with electricity, unemployment, oil subsidy, bribery and corruption, high wave of crime, and hundreds of other issues. nigeria is going backwards under jonathan and you have the gall to say someone has no intelligence quotient? are you aware yours is in the negative integer?

if i have constant power, good job, affordable fuel price, a working system and a crime rate that is lower than 5%, i would be confident in the government to deal with boko haram. one bad apple wouldn't spoil the whole bunch. but in a situation where basic things are lacking, nigerians should kick out jonathan. he's shown he's not competent to run a family compound, let alone run a country.

Isn't it strange how you first implied that the British would ask their Prime Minister to resign if the IRA events occurred today (like their political maturity has gone out of fashion or something)? Now, you are stepping on your own tongue and claiming that the British didn't demand their Prime Ministers resignation, because the only problem they had was the IRA. Lol!
You make it up as you go don't you?

The IRA has been with the British since 1919 with the Irish War of Independence, and since then, Britain has seen several ups and downs; the Great Depression, coal miners strikes of 84-85, the 1974 strike, the recession of the early 80's that saw a great portion of people lose their houses, the two World Wars etc. Yet, they never voiced that their leader resign, even when the IRA attempted bombing downing street and killing the whole cabinet.

Dude, its much easier for your type to make things up and talk stup!dly, cos all you have to do is open your gob and let the ooze drain out. Perhaps, you've only said these things in a desperate bid not to be seen as either unrefined, a traitor, coward, or a bigot; but you really haven't helped yourself, because you really have to be unrefined, a traitor, coward, or a bigot to ask your President to resign in the face of boko haram.

Great Depression: the bleakness of Black Thursday
April 14 2008: Stocks crashed, jobs were lost and people starved as the Great Depression took hold in the 1930s

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/gallery/2008/apr/14/economics.photography

Yeah, the IRA existed then too, but the British never asked their Prime Minister to resign. That sort of cowardly demand is for the unrefined.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by 9jaIhail(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
silibaba

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign!
« #129 on: Today at 06:27:46 PM »

buhari should talk to his thug Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

@ (SILIBABA) I THINK MOST OF US NIGERIANS IS CLUELESS TO UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THE SO CALL OBJ WHO TURN OUR OPERATION TO FEED NIGERIANS AKA OTA FARM INTO HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY AFTER HIS REGIME DURING THE MILITARY CAN ONLY SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE THEY NORTHERNERS FEEL THAT SW IS THE ONLY TRIBE THEY CAN CHANGE THE PRESIDENCY POST WITH. WELL I BUY YOUR IDEA IT LEFT FOR BUHARI IBB ETC TO TALK TO THEIR BOYS TO SURRENDER THEIR GUNS BECAUSE AS LONG AS WE ARE CONCERN JONATHAN IS GOING NO WAY WE KNOW THE GAME.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by 9jaIhail(m): 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2011

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign!
« #136 on: Today at 11:14:59 PM »

Quote from: coogar on Today at 06:48:58 PM

no one ever called for prime ministers' resignation because terrorism was the only issue the united kingdom were dealing with then. nigeria today is dealing with electricity, unemployment, oil subsidy, bribery and corruption, high wave of crime, and hundreds of other issues. nigeria is going backwards under jonathan and you have the gall to say someone has no intelligence quotient? are you aware yours is in the negative integer?

Isn't it strange how you first implied that the British would ask their Prime Minister to resign if the IRA events occurred today (like their political maturity has gone out of fashion or something)? Now, you are stepping on your own tongue and claiming that the British didn't demand their Prime Ministers resignation, because the only problem they had was the IRA. Lol!
You make it up as you go don't you?

The IRA has been with the British since 1919 with the Irish War of Independence, and since then, Britain has seen several ups and downs; the Great Depression, coal miners strikes of 84-85, the 1974 strike, the recession of the early 80's that saw a great portion of people lose their houses, the two World Wars etc. Yet, they never voiced that their leader resign, even when the IRA attempted bombing downing street and killing the whole cabinet.

Dude, its much easier for your type to make things up and talk stup!dly, cos all you have to do is open your gob and let the ooze drain out. Perhaps, you've only said these things in a desperate bid not to be seen as either unrefined, a traitor, coward, or a bigot; but you really haven't helped yourself, because you really have to be unrefined, a traitor, coward, or a bigot to ask your President to resign in the face of boko haram.

Great Depression: the bleakness of Black Thursday
April 14 2008: Stocks crashed, jobs were lost and people starved as the Great Depression took hold in the 1930s

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/gallery/2008/apr/14/economics.photography

Yeah, the IRA existed then too, but the British never asked their Prime Minister to resign. That sort of cowardly demand is for the unrefined.

RESIGNATION IS NOT THE SOLUTION,CALLING FOR JONATHAN TO RESIGN IS LIKE TELLING THE WHOLE WORLD THAT YOU GUYS HAVE SUCCEEDING IN MAKING IT A MANDATORY THAT CHRISTIAN OR OTHER TRIBES WILL NEVER RULE THE NATION EXCEPT THE SW AND THEIR NORTHERN COUNTERPART,

LOOK THE SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE THE NORTHER'S SHOULD CALL THE BOKO MAFIAS TO ORDER. THE WORLD IS WATCHING IF YOU DON'T KNOW. BBC AND CNN EACH TIME THEY ARE REPORTING ALL THIS VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA THEY ALWAYS ADDRESS IT BY SAYING (THE VIOLENCE WHICH STARTED SINCE A CHRISTIAN FROM SS WON ELECTION AS THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA) DID THIS GIVE U ANY IDEA THAT THE WORLD IS WATCHING.? YOU GUYS ARE PUTTING THE UNITY OF THIS NATION AT RISK
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by juman(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2011
Resignation is not possible and make no sense. Who are those that are really behind the boko haram

The worse that can happen is for the country to be divided.

Goverment suppose to go for talk instead of wastimg the limited resources on path that will bring out bad result.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2011
juman:

Resignation is not possible and make no sense. [/b]Who are those that are really behind the boko haram

[b]The worse that can happen is for the country to be divided

Goverment suppose to go for talk instead of wastimg the limited resources on path that will bring out bad result.

All this from you? Nna, na ADD shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by dabrake(m): 1:54am On Nov 09, 2011
coogar:

jeez @bolded. @coogar, have mercy nah. Datz a brutal verbal punch.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by superior1: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2011
I have since lost confidence in project Nigeria. Resignation is not the solution, the soultion is Tunisian force on all the so called Leaders and bloodless divison of the Country.

I just wish this country to divide. Shikena
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by UkEmmaxin(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2011
Look! GEJ is timid truly; "A load for an ELEPHANT is not a load for a RAT" better you resign and give a chance for our able man Buhari, they have mistakenly voted for you as the sound of your name or whatever. You are incapable of ruling this country [9ja] angry angry angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Godmann(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2011
9ja_I_hail:

I AM NOT A FAN OF JONATHAN LIKE I SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST BUT I AM LOOKING AT THIS ISSUE IN OTHER WORDS,WHAT DO U THINK IT WILL HAPPEN IF JONATHAN ORDER TO KILL IBB BUHARI MUSLIM LEADERS AND ALL THE POLITICAL GOD FATHERS IN THE NORTH, WON'T YOU THE NORTHERNERS LABEL HIM TO BE A TRIBALISM LEADER? WE ALL ARE FULLY AWARE THAT BOKO HARAM IS BACKED BY THE POWERFUL NORTHERN EMPIRES, EVEN OUR SO CALL SECURITY CHIEFS ARE AFRAID OF BOKO HARAM DUE TO THE POWERFUL NOTHERN EMPIRES THAT BACK THE HARAM GROUP,LOOK I NEED TO BE FAIR SOME TIMES IN MY JUDGEMENT LOOKING AT JONATHAN I SEE HIM AS A GENTLE GUY WHO WISH TO BRING FUTURE INTO THIS NIGERIA I MUST SAY HE HAS A VISION AND HIS INTENTION WAS A FAIR ONE,BUT THE NORTHERN LEADERS WITH THEIR SELFISH POLITICAL DOMINANCE HAS MAKE THE COUNTRY UNGOVERNABLE FOR THE YOUNG MAN,PLEASE LET US REMEMBER IF JONATHAN IS TO TAKE A RADICAL APPROACH TO APPREHEND THE BACKERS OF BOKO HARAM NOTHERNS WILL CALL IT A BIAS REGIME.JONATHAN IS HELPLESS AND POWERLESS AS LONG AS NORTHERN POLITICIANS ARE OUT FOR BUSINESS BECAUSE THE NORTHERNS BELIEVE THAT NIGERIA PRESIDENCY IS THEIR BIRTH RIGHT WHICH MADE THEM SEE IT AS A HARAM FOR SS/SE TO BE ON THATS POST.

I WILL LIKE TO TASK THE NORTHERNERS TO EMBRACE PEACE IF TRULY THEY BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA.LET THEY STOP THIS MADNESS.

Why are you sending out lies as if they are facts? When did you confirm that the so called powerful emirs are sponsoring Boko Haram? If this allegation is true, why have you government failed to at least make the names public with facts linking them to Boko Haram?

What also stops the so called clueless mumu that wanted to rule us without knowledge from taking them to courts? Won't he make better points if he can secure conviction on any suspected Boko Haram supporter, and grant them pardon even if they are to big to be hanged?

How do you expect another mumu as IG to lead the Nigeria police? Is it not the duty of 'MUMU JONA JONA' to at least appoint capable IG?

I tell you Boko Haram is more complex that you guys think. It is a creation of those that want to continuously impoverish the blackman. Unfortunately these same people ensured GEJ emerged as our President because as always, they prefer MUMU to rule me and you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^ It doesn't take a PHD in western education (no pun intended  grin) to know that this is the truth man.

How would a bunch of jobless area boyz have access to all those toys if not by sponsorship? And that this whole boko nonsense started pretty much immediately after election by very angry northern area fathers. I'm dissapointed in your ability to piece the very obvious together. But then again, I don't know u.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by jamace(m): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2011
Do you mean Nigeria should be re-designed?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by PointB: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2011
jamace:

Do you mean Nigeria should be re-designed?

It's already happened. Starting with Obj demystification of the 'North', and the ascendency of an Ijaw man. Suddenly, everything is possible, including possible overhaul. Status quo has changed!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Resign! by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2011
What the heck does the demystification of the north even mean? The North has not changed anything since the 1960's yet we have people pretending it is all changing because they claim so. GOSH!!! Don't bother responding cause I expect the same crock of bull to flow from again from that sprocket once it opens up again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Relief Items Donated To IDPs In Maiduguri(photos) / Obaseki signs ₦128.8 Billion Revised 2020 Budget Into Law / "Career Politicians Are Creators Of Poverty In Nigeria" - Kingsley Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.