Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50517 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by NairalandGossip: 12:58pm On Jan 22
ProudNigerian01:
Funke Akindele is doing very well for herself and the Nigerian movie industry. Kudos to her and her likes.

Side note:
Learn to be a giver especially to the poor. It will open amazing new doors for you. Give without expectation from the receiver but from God alone. Remember how you felt when you were given something, make someone feel the same way. The beauty of life lies in how happy other people are because of us.

Prov.22.9 - He who has a generous eye will be blessed, For he gives of his bread to the poor.

Prov.28.27 - He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.

i need help my brother. I am a writer, you can even help me by buying my book on my signature. Its a tough time now but it will be over soon 😔
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:02pm On Jan 22
waxxydude:
Lmao, look at this r3-tarded idiot. Each response right from your first comment exposes your level of thought and mental assimilation.

I legit introduced your mind to a very valid instance on how you can indeed learn from films. And what is your response? ... You wonder why Nigerians are extremely backward. Keep being simpleminded and have a good day 😎

PS; you don't have to learn from all movies as some are ludicrous and purely for entertainment value, but you can learn ALOT from many mindful movies.

That chap is not worthy of any response from anyone.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by We4all: 1:03pm On Jan 22
Uchesis:

This year is still very young. Receive sense before February comes

Oloti, until you learn to use your sense, then I will receive mine.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22
Printme:

How about the other millions that are rapists?

If legit stats were sought out about the backgrounds of all the rapists in a given country, are you sure you can bet that most of them would be from homes with single mothers?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22
Printme:
so why all the insults then?

Where have I insulted you?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22
Printme:
yes boss.

72% of them

This is like 7 out of 10 children will be rapist. 70 out of 100 will turn out bad.

It's there in the stats

Ok, fair enough, but thats still an economic thing.
Its poverty at work.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22
Printme:
God. Reasoning with some of you is hopeless like trying to catch a shadow.

Put two parents on the same income and single mother on the same income.

The chances are the same. Nothing about poverty

You show up your absolutist approach with the bold words.
I am not an absolutist.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 1:21pm On Jan 22
Printme:

The statistics is that if I give a child to a single father and another one to a single mother, the chances that the child will turn out bad is higher for the single mother than the father.

1. Where did you see this specific statistic - please don't deploy the stats for dual parent homes for single father homes.

2. At all events, the underlying factor will be economic - given the likelihood that more men earn better.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by illicit(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22
ZazziAkbar:

A widow is not a single Mother.. nature's call is different from obvious bad decisions.
When we say Single mother...you should understand what we mean here.

Widow is a single mother jare

🤕
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by SaLongs1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 22
Printme:
we are talking about something involving billions of people and you pick one out?

How about we talk about the richest men in the world and then you mention yourself.

Do you know exactly where you'll fit in on that list?

Barack Obama is just a single person among millions of people raised by single mothers. He's a like a single grain of sand along the beach.

How about the other millions that are rapists?

Let me make something clear. If a single mother raise one good barack Obama, 7 other single mothers will raise 7 bad Barack Obama.

Compare 1 good to 7 evil
Are you using yourself as a point of measurement? Or else where is the source for your assumption?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by zrocky: 2:38pm On Jan 22
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
abeg can you give me some top Nigerian movies I have not watched a Nigerian movie in years. I will love my family to experience it thank you
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by VictorOlaniyi(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22
Karleb:

Why must we learn everytime?

Why can't we just enjoy this short life sometimes? undecided
Maybe because life itself as an experience is a lesson.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by aribisala0(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22
tiswell:
Many wicked wives/women deliberately or subconsciously manipulates the children against their fathers,but I thank God the tide is fast changing.
Men are now fully awake to the age long wickedness of women.
Man will suffer to solely bear the financial weight and train his kids,only for him to be relegated in the long run,while the kids(now grown) sing praises of their mothers up and down.

Yes women do that too
In my own experience most of the time men are responsible often because of domineering attitude and excessive violence. Men are responsible for managing their relationships with their sons. Nigerian men often fail ,believing all they have to do is provide money.
In this generation that approach does not work and a lot of young men do not like to be around their fathers. We cannot blame women for that. That is why When people talk of single mothers I laugh. Some fathers are better not to have in your life. Being a father is a job and needs knowledge and training because times are changing
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by talk2rotman(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.
A movies can serve as entertainment, lessons, therapeutic or a means of passing a messge
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Olaideolayemi(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22
Karleb:
Movies are lesson for who want to learn about life and the hereafter..
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Incredible128: 4:54pm On Jan 22
Exactly
etrange:

Lol... I haven't seen the movie to know how he came to his conclusions. Also, I'm not sure what he intends to achieve with that analysis/advice. However, it's not uncommon for people to view or analyze situations, events, stories, movies, etc. through the lense of thier preconceived mindset. One doesn't need to be a philosopher to know that his so-called lessons are narrow and skewed towards convincing women to take things that men wouldn't touch with a six feet pole.

NL guys are always quick to advise women, but 99% of the time, this is always geared towards women widening the window of thier tolerance to accommodate more misgivings from men. I don't have any issues with tolerance provided it goes both ways, but that's hardly ever the case. The OP conveniently ignored the fact that a lot of women lose thier husbands due to domestic violence, cheating or even death. Is he now suggesting that these women should stick to thier husbands and take it all? Ok, let's assume he's only advising those "bad" ladies that leave thier spouses for the silliest reasons, why doesn't he, in that same breath, advise the men that kick out thier wives with thier actions? Why doesn't he tell them that thier children might suffer the consequences? Why doesn't he advise the men that mess around with the hearts of these single mothers just to "chop and go"? Why is he making it as these things are men's birthright and the women are the ones that have to alter thier ways to accommodate the nature of men? I mean, he just pointed out how mean some men can be, but it's the women he's advising to change.

Anyway, it's true that fathers play a big role in the lives of thier kids. This is not because a woman cannot bring the finance, sternness or authority the stereotypical man is known for but because raising a child is simply a difficult task for one person regardless of gender. However, we must never lose sight of the fact that a child raised by a single parent is better off than one raised in a violent home and in many cases, they do end up well. So sometimes, parting ways could be in the best interest of the kids.

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Thomthom(m): 5:37pm On Jan 22
That film na for single mothers and women wey go follow that line
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Thomasankara(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22
[/color]😳😳ha this kind talk comot for ur mouth[color=#770077]
Karleb:
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Thomasankara(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22
[/color]always fighting for the custody of the child and poisoning the children against the father[color=#770077]
Biglittlelois:
Imagine dismissing the effort of single mothers that chose to stay and care of her kids, what stops single fathers from being father figures for their kids?

Waiting for Op to answer this questions

Thank God its coming from fellow men, had it been it's from women, the number of mentions filled with insults would have been 7 pages.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ultraviolet27(f): 8:18pm On Jan 22
Printme:
poverty contribute to it.

But a well trained child with morales will understand the difference between good and evil.

But more importantly, each side has consequences.

You equate money with turning out fine? Bros they may not turn out to be common thieves. But trust me, there are worst evil that men do that you can only imagine

Who is Bros??
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Vulcan24(m): 8:59am On Jan 24
NoToPile:

He is talking about raising children, what makes a widow different from a single never married mother in terms of child raising?

A widow is a single mother who has lost her husband, she's single, she's a mother, their father is absent and she's doing all by her self.

So what's the difference.

I said it's contextual! And I reference what it means

A widow might have grown up children that are married and with kids! That's y I said it is contextual.... meaning women with little kids that are either out of wedlock or those baby mamas
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MrCork: 12:09pm On Jan 24
NowisGod109:

But Obama was raised my a single mom and the father didn't die o

Sweet hat. I beeento London & I have moiney...gimme yor nomba quick please? smiley
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25
Karleb:
Think twice
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Konquest: 6:38pm On Jan 28
etrange:

Lol... I haven't seen the movie to know how he came to his conclusions. Also, I'm not sure what he intends to achieve with that analysis/advice. However, it's not uncommon for people to view or analyze situations, events, stories, movies, etc. through the lense of thier preconceived mindset. One doesn't need to be a philosopher to know that his so-called lessons are narrow and skewed towards convincing women to take things that men wouldn't touch with a six feet pole.

NL guys are always quick to advise women, but 99% of the time, this is always geared towards women widening the window of thier tolerance to accommodate more misgivings from men. I don't have any issues with tolerance provided it goes both ways, but that's hardly ever the case. The OP conveniently ignored the fact that a lot of women lose thier husbands due to domestic violence, cheating or even death. Is he now suggesting that these women should stick to thier husbands and take it all? Ok, let's assume he's only advising those "bad" ladies that leave thier spouses for the silliest reasons, why doesn't he, in that same breath, advise the men that kick out thier wives with thier actions? Why doesn't he tell them that thier children might suffer the consequences? Why doesn't he advise the men that mess around with the hearts of these single mothers just to "chop and go"? Why is he making it as these things are men's birthright and the women are the ones that have to alter thier ways to accommodate the nature of men? I mean, he just pointed out how mean some men can be, but it's the women he's advising to change.

Anyway, it's true that fathers play a big role in the lives of thier kids. This is not because a woman cannot bring the finance, sternness or authority the stereotypical man is known for but because raising a child is simply a difficult task for one person regardless of gender. However, we must never lose sight of the fact that a child raised by a single parent is better off than one raised in a violent home and in many cases, they do end up well. So sometimes, parting ways could be in the best interest of the kids.

Very well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Konquest: 6:40pm On Jan 28
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
Raising a child is the duty of both parents. But in the absence of one or both parents, extended family members and guardians are the NEXT in line to fill that void.

In any event, I have seen many women raise their children single-handed or with the support of a respectable father-figure like an uncle in the lives of the kids, most especially the boys (in the absence of the biological father's). In the event that the woman has NO clear career path she is into, then money or sustainable income becomes a challenge and things go south on the home front for the kids who then become rebellious, skip school, pilfer items, and gravitate towards bad friends and recreation drugs or hard drugs.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Jummyraw: 1:38am On Jan 29
A tribe called Judah is a very interesting movie and it does have a lot of real life lessons to learn from. Our choices determines our result. No negative choice leads to any positive end, rather others would be put at risk if care is not taken.
Kindly watch FUTURE SELF, a message that captures the real life experiences of most of us. You will love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWQd66b4ec?si=sTkIs-m9aNmymbYv

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2face At The Big Brother House In 2006 (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy And Ike Share A Kiss (Photo) / Wazobia TV Oap-katheryn Obiang Exposes Her Undies During A Live Show (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.