Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50519 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by teekay213(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21
undecidedi fit watch am on YouTube
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MrJames007: 6:24pm On Jan 21
Hmm I think say na better movie

Nollywood undecided
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Johnkennie(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21
Àwọn werey
grin
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21
The movie is very interesting with a lot of lessons,funke akindele really tried and the casts also delivered well.

Kudos

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by nikki26(f): 6:25pm On Jan 21
I totally agree with OP. The presence of a male, or father is very important. See how all of them turned out.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Mitsurugi(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

Well said
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by jamiu49(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21
https:///atribecalledjudah/9
To link the to the telegram channel
Download and enjoy 😉
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Davidzy23(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21
Very interesting movie.. It was worth the hype

Lots and loads of lessons to be learnt in the movie.. One is the mother's love and secondly united we stand, divided we fall

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Angelfrost(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21
Karleb:

Why must we learn everytime?

Why can't we just enjoy this short life sometimes? undecided

You can do both, and you can equally choose to do either, or even neither.

Learning can't be compelled.

Everything in life has teachable moments... The choice to take notes is personal.

6 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by OZIOGU1: 6:26pm On Jan 21
I watched part of the movie and all you pointed out are true, the truth is that this generation women 98% will always wish to have the kids to themselves, the remaining 2% may never exist, the reason is very simple (selfishness).

Most women believe that Thier male child is like a gold and see the female child as either the property of the father or the future husband.

One thing I continue to admonish men to strive to do is, provide for your family, care for them and show them love...the day your wife will try to manipulate those kids your suffer to prove for against you, God will obviously strike with incurable sickness. Research shows that women now prefer to live alone with Thier kids the moment the ma turns 60...men should have an alternative, plan your future.

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by xtanlee(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21
Mumu talk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Rolings: 6:27pm On Jan 21
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?

That's not the issue.
Divorce is not even the issue
The issue is the woman's promiscuity that's makes every man to chop and go.....
She wasnt going after those men for protection if not she would have settled with one of them. She was a wayward mother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Proserpina: 6:27pm On Jan 21

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by hafeeanubasy: 6:27pm On Jan 21
GO0dharddick:
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian nollywood
Because of your fish brain 😆

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by fitinwell: 6:27pm On Jan 21
Emotional too
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by albert2512: 6:27pm On Jan 21
Printme:

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

You are right on spot.

Discussed same thing with my wife after watching it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Scholace: 6:28pm On Jan 21
Printme:

The inmates in all our correctional centres are they all raised by single mothers?

The level of cyber fraudsters amongst our youths and prostitution, are they also raised by single mothers?

The rapist, ritualist, kidnappers, pedophile, bandits etc are they all raised by single mothers?

I can always go on and on

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by MrJames007: 6:28pm On Jan 21
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Sleekfingers: 6:28pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.

Depends on the kinda movies, you have seen. ....or like to watch.....

I like to watch historical true crime and War movies
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by hafeeanubasy: 6:28pm On Jan 21
MrJames007:
Hmm I think say na better movie

Nollywood undecided
That makes you sound pseudo-intelligent! 😆
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Tunde25(m): 6:29pm On Jan 21
Nitabb:
What about the irresponsible men that just pregnant those women and disappear? Can't them be held responsible too?

?

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Obainomilano: 6:29pm On Jan 21
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.
there is a lesson in everything as long as you are willing to learn
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tunwumi: 6:30pm On Jan 21
While your assertion looks good, there are exceptions.

Many people of 80s and 90s were raised by single parent not by choice but situations and they turned out fine.

So being a child from a broken home is not an excuse not to excel in life.

Though the dynamics now where chastity and feminist has reconfigure their head is bothering sha.

Printme:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Scholace: 6:31pm On Jan 21
OZIOGU1:
I watched part of the movie and all you pointed out are true, the truth is that this generation women 98% will always wish to have the kids to themselves, the remaining 2% may never exist, the reason is very simple (selfishness).

Most women believe that Thier male child is like a gold and see the female child as either the property of the father or the future husband.

One thing I continue to admonish men to strive to do is, provide for your family, care for them and show them love...the day your wife will try to manipulate those kids your suffer to prove for against you, God will obviously strike with incurable sickness. Research shows that women now prefer to live alone with Thier kids the moment the ma turns 60...men should have an alternative, plan your future.

I disagree completely

Women would want to have custody to the kids because as a man you will definitely outsource the upkeep of your kids at the absence of their mother. Either to his mother, sisters, or his concubines. But women will singlehandedly raised their kids either they chose to remarry or remain single mother

8 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Discreet90: 6:33pm On Jan 21
Lol. Nawa for you o. So you sat down for hours to analyse a movie that is meant for entertainment like this. Bro channel the energy to your career. This epistle ain't worth it. Some people sha.

3 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by badoh(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?
Those are exceptions. Only few women are disciplinarian and women in these category do it to the extreme. Nigeria culture system that allows parent to instil discipline on their children or teachers to correct their students is very commendable as this helps in building a better and sane society.This is one thing that the western world lack and causing ripple effect on the lifestyle of their children.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Scholace: 6:40pm On Jan 21
badoh:

Those are exceptions. Only few women are disciplinarian and women in these category do it to the extreme. Nigeria culture system that allows parent to instil discipline on their children or teachers to correct their students is very commendable as this helps in building a better and sane society.This is one thing that the western world lack and causing ripple effect on the lifestyle of their children.
The inmates in all our correctional centres are they all raised by single mothers?

The level of cyber fraudsters amongst our youths and prostitution, are they also raised by single mothers?

The rapist, ritualist, kidnappers, pedophile, bandits etc are they all raised by single mothers?

The armed robbery, street urchins, pick pockets etc are they singlehandedly raised by single mothers?

I can always go on and on

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by zed7: 6:40pm On Jan 21
Every child needs a father but a responsible father. A deadbeat father is of no use and may even further raise more irresponsible kids.
Men, please when you marry, drop all irresponsible behavior for the sake of your kids.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by bewla(m): 6:42pm On Jan 21
spiSeyi:
This goes Tonto D!cke and her feminists undecided
What about that bitch call ojo iyabo fool for nothing
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Olanre05(f): 6:43pm On Jan 21
Printme:

Your write up says it all, but I disagree to the
to the part of you saying that. ‘Male children raised by Single mothers tend to be bad eggs’.
I have seen male children raised by single mothers during very well and making their mothers proud, also I have seen male children raised with both parents badly behaved. Hence , single and co-parenting isn’t easy we all need Grace to raise God fearing children.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Sleekfingers: 6:43pm On Jan 21
GO0dharddick:
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian Nollywood

It is your choice though.....I rarely watch Nollywood movies. But some are interesting....And the industry has improved.

These are some Nollywood movies that I can't get tired of watching E.g

1. Ti oluwa ni le 1-3
2. Magun ( Thunderbolt)
3. Diamond Ring
4. Agogo Eewo
5. Kosegbe
6. Saworoide
7. Oleku 1-2
8. Sango
9. Ayo ni mo fe 1-2
Etc

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2face At The Big Brother House In 2006 (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy And Ike Share A Kiss (Photo) / Wazobia TV Oap-katheryn Obiang Exposes Her Undies During A Live Show (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.