Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,899 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" (50526 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / Tinubu, Atiku Hail Funke Akindele On 'A Tribe Called Judah' / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ciro11(m): 6:48am On Jan 22
GO0dharddick:
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian nollywood

This movie is really good, you should watch it and you may just change your mind about Nollywood movies
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Icesnow(f): 6:49am On Jan 22
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?

Or deadbeat
Exactly my thought. That's how they manipulate women to stay in bad marriages. The children turned out bad cos didn't have the finacial capability to take care of them.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Icesnow(f): 6:53am On Jan 22
nikki26:
I totally agree with OP. The presence of a male, or father is very important. See how all of them turned out.

How do u expect sm1 who is very poor with kids for 5 different men. U need no sayer to tell u that she was heading to parental failure. Exempt single mothers pls. We have many responsible single women.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by EbenezerTriumph: 7:04am On Jan 22
GO0dharddick:
I'll rather watch Zootopia, frozen,Coco, Moana, Sing, ant bully, the croods, incredible, etc, than to watch any Nigerian nollywood
nollywood movies are for naija ladies, whenever I see guys dedicating their full time to watch movies I just SMH
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Gggjhhj: 7:07am On Jan 22
praisecity:
Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

not every statistics are correct in some areas, me and my brother were raised by a single and disciplinarian mother, and were are doing very good. and my dad is very much alive up till now,

Leave all ds mumu ppl, they would just bring some useless analysis just to spite women, we've seen children that where brought up by both parents still become bad eggs to the society, all politicians Wey dae thief our money, shey na single mother born them

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 7:17am On Jan 22
Printme:

@ DeepSight

Two parents have raise criminals. We are all aware of that.

What we are saying is the single mothers raise "more" criminals.

Like what's so hard to understand here?

Everybody get money but Bill Gate get money pass everybody.

Two parents can raise criminals but single mothers tends to raise more criminals.

Omo, olodo full this country sha

I think the problem was with the presentation of the case in absolute terms. After all, when I said "many" great men are raised by single mothers, I didnt say "all" great men are raised by single mothers, did I? If anything I acknowledged the importance of father figures, and thats why I told you to read those seventeen words you said you dont need to read.

Good morning.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 7:28am On Jan 22
sgtponzihater1:
When people ask what if? They simply want to argue, and do no deserve an answer.

The average man is stronger, taller and more muscular than the average woman. However, there are some women who could be stronger than a man. The what if group focus on that one woman in their village that used to beat men up.

However, we know from science and sports that men and women should not compete together due to the average male being stronger than the average female.

The average female is emotional and more focused on love and emotion, that why a woman will mostly will stick to her child even though he is a murderer, rapist, drug addict, or fraudster. She will rather give all excuses for him, and even claim society failed him. That's the heart of the average woman. She is 100% loving, but truth and discipline is not her forte. Some women try to be hard on their children especially in the absence of a father, but they take the control to excessive form, they were not created for this, so never find a balance. Other just pamper their child to stupor.

The average man However is less emotional and more focused on truth and fact. That's why men take time to make decision, as opposed to women who can make instinctive decision.

A child, especially male needs a good balance of love and truth to navigate life appropriately. We say I know a man raised by a woman that ended up well, however most people saying ended up well, are only looking at life in terms of money, and think if you have money then you are balanced and have ended up well. That's how depraved our society has become, a society that measure people in terms of finances alone.

I know a big brother star with cars and houses, raised by a woman. He was all over the house crying like a woman at every instance. People say he ended up well, however he is not an emotionally balanced man, as men do not cry at the blink of an eyes. Another owner of a Nigerian movie streaming app always rushes to social media to either boast of his children school fees being high or taking x number of holidays, then ends up making an apology, people say he ended up well because he earns well, but his obvious gaffs are not masculine.

PonziHater

Mostly fair points I would say, but still life is too complex and variegated for this simplicity. A man is like this, a woman is like that - my dear, the truth is that people are simply different from individual to individual, such that all of the various traits you touched upon can randomly be found in both single mother homes and dual parent homes, and in fact even in single father homes. In fact you will find such traits scattered among children of the same single mother home - i.e: in that same home, there will be an emotional child and there will be a stoic child.

That is the true natural complexity of people.

When it is suggested that children from single parent homes tend to be deviant, I would strongly suggest that greater attention is paid to the usual socio-economic difficulty that attends such homes, rather than the mere fact that they are single parent homes.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 7:29am On Jan 22
Printme:

@ DeepSight

Two parents can raise criminals but single mothers tends to raise more criminals.

Also consider the socio-economic (i.e: money) factor.
What is often at play in most single mother homes is a matter of lack of resources and not necessarily questionable parenting.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:44am On Jan 22
DeepSight:

Mostly fair points I would say, but still life is too complex and variegated for this simplicity. A man is like this, a woman is like that - my dear, the truth is that people are simply different from individual to individual, such that all of the various traits you touched upon can randomly be found in both single mother homes and dual parent homes, and in fact even in single father homes. In fact you will find such traits scattered among children of the same single mother home - i.e: in that same home, there will be an emotional child and there will be a stoic child.

That is the true natural complexity of people.

When it is suggested that children from single parent homes tend to be deviant, I would strongly suggest that greater attention is paid to the usual socio-economic difficulty that attends such homes, rather than the mere fact that they are single parent homes.

I used average man and average woman. And science and psychology has validated the facts. I cringe when i see women trying to teach men how to be men, especially when they have not worked in a man's shoe, and when women where actually made for men and not the other way round. A women will always do a bad job teaching a boy to be a man 100%, she is better off using that energy to train her daughters to the homely, caring and marriage fit, and not a feminist.

No matter the individual differences which I absolutely agree with, when averaged out, the differences are glaring. It takes a whole day highlighting this differences so I would not bore anyone

Should we ignore the glaring fact and Effects of Fatherlessness –

63% of all youth suicides,
70% of all teen pregnancies,
71% of all adolescent chemical/substance abusers,
80% of all prison inmates, and
90% of all homeless and runaway children, came from single mother homes.

Should we ignore the above empirical fact and chase the one woman that is stronger than the men in her village? The obvious choice is yours.

Finally this is what the bible instructs older women to do, this absolutely settles it for me:

"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands"

PonziHater

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by naturefellow(m): 7:57am On Jan 22
Printme:
ignore the guy. He wan form posh
no sense posh
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 8:04am On Jan 22
sgtponzihater1:

I used average man and average woman. And science and psychology has validated the facts. I cringe when i see women trying to teach men how to be men, especially when they have not worked in a man's shoe,

Many more women than you will guess have walked in men's shoes and in fact been the men in their families.

and when women where actually made for men and not the other way round.

This is a sad chauvinistic statement based on antiquated religious notions. Men and women are made for one another.

Should we ignore the glaring fact and Effects of Fatherlessness –

63% of all youth suicides,
70% of all teen pregnancies,
71% of all adolescent chemical/substance abusers,
80% of all prison inmates, and
90% of all homeless and runaway children, came from single mother homes.

Socio-economic factors, as I said.

Finally this is what the bible instructs older women to do, this absolutely settles it for me:

"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to work in their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands"

PonziHater

The Abrahamic religions are generally chauvinistic and their conception of the place of women is antiquated and has no place in any modern egalitarian society.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Ashley86400: 8:05am On Jan 22
Printme:

@ DeepSight

You’re an olodo for making that kind of judgement.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by rollywise(m): 8:08am On Jan 22
Printme:
yeah.

That's the problem. A mother's love is supposed to cuddle you. Protect you from the consequences of your actions.

But it always backfires when a father's disciplinary love is not in the picture.

She could only protect the children so far. In the end, they are bound to get more and more evil because they simply don't understand that actions have consequences.

You actually think because they stole the money, they won't fight again?

That's why I say it's not always so. My mother was more of a man than a woman. People bring their kids for my mum who was a teacher to discipline with her cane. Jedidiah was a disciplinarian as well. She had command of her children. At one call they all assembled when she needed them. At one command, they stopped beating the wife beater. Yes she was not perfect in raising them but I have seen so many children raised by both parents even pastors who turned out wayward or died in armed robbery plus their father figure to raise them o. So, life is never a calculation!
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Flamemignon1(m): 8:19am On Jan 22
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

Also, statistics shows that male children raised by single mothers tends to be the "bad eggs" in the society.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.
What kind of a sexist thrash is this especially in 2024? Do better

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by cococandy(f): 8:48am On Jan 22
The same “average” men that making all the emotional decisions that end up hurting millions of people worldwide? That’s the average men you’re talking about?
sgtponzihater1:
When people ask what if? They simply want to argue, and do no deserve an answer.

The average man is stronger, taller and more muscular than the average woman. However, there are some women who could be stronger than a man. The what if group focus on that one woman in their village that used to beat men up.

However, we know from science and sports that men and women should not compete together due to the average male being stronger than the average female.

The average female is emotional and more focused on love and emotion, that why a woman will mostly will stick to her child even though he is a murderer, rapist, drug addict, or fraudster. She will rather give all excuses for him, and even claim society failed him. That's the heart of the average woman. She is 100% loving, but truth and discipline is not her forte. Some women try to be hard on their children especially in the absence of a father, but they take the control to excessive form, they were not created for this, so never find a balance. Other just pamper their child to stupor.

The average man However is less emotional and more focused on truth and fact. That's why men take time to make decision, as opposed to women who can make instinctive decision.

A child, especially male needs a good balance of love and truth to navigate life appropriately. We say I know a man raised by a woman that ended up well, however most people saying ended up well, are only looking at life in terms of money, and think if you have money then you are balanced and have ended up well. That's how depraved our society has become, a society that measure people in terms of finances alone.

I know a big brother star with cars and houses, raised by a woman. He was all over the house crying like a woman at every instance. People say he ended up well, however he is not an emotionally balanced man, as men do not cry at the blink of an eyes. Another owner of a Nigerian movie streaming app always rushes to social media to either boast of his children school fees being high or taking x number of holidays, then ends up making an apology, people say he ended up well because he earns well, but his obvious gaffs are not masculine.

PonziHater
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by waxxydude: 8:51am On Jan 22
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.
Yea when you have an IQ digit equivalent to your shoe size.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Karleb(m): 8:55am On Jan 22
waxxydude:
Yea when you have an IQ digit equivalent to your shoe size.

You are a dimwit.

Tell me how the lesson you've been learning in various movies have improved your life.

Idiot.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by waxxydude: 9:17am On Jan 22
Karleb:

You are a dimwit.

Tell me how the lesson you've been learning in various movies have improved your life.

Idiot.
You clearly a carefree bozo, and just by your small thinking I'm definitely sure I'm superior to you in all ramifications of life. If you can't take up lessons from every aspect of life you turn to then you're a dimwit. Films are infact a powerful life learning tool, they also open your mind to new things, culture, and a bit of history. If you seen the movie Oppenheimer, and if you've read on so many articles and watched YT biography videos about the man, you realise the movie did a neater job compiling these facts together, coupled with strong acting making it more simple/easy to digest mentally, it was like breastfeeding a baby. That's a good learning tool now. Air brained mfer.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ZazziAkbar(m): 9:32am On Jan 22
illicit:
What of the ones that the husband died?

Abi man no dey die anymore?

Or deadbeat

A widow is not a single Mother.. nature's call is different from obvious bad decisions.
When we say Single mother...you should understand what we mean here.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Karleb(m): 9:49am On Jan 22
waxxydude:
You clearly a carefree bozo, and just by your small thinking I'm definitely sure I'm superior to you in all ramifications of life. If you can't take up lessons from every aspect of life you turn to then you're a dimwit. Films are infact a powerful life learning tool, they also open your mind to new things, culture, and a bit of history. If you seen the movie Oppenheimer, and if you've read on so many articles and watched YT biography videos about the man, you realise the movie did a neater job compiling these facts together, coupled with strong acting making it more simple/easy to digest mentally, it was like breastfeeding a baby. That's a good learning tool now. Air brained mfer.

Yen yen yen yen.

You keep learning in all movies but you are so dumb.

Learning but it's not reflecting in your life or thought process.
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Uchesis: 10:02am On Jan 22
We4all:

A widow is a single parent but that title 'widow' is what differentiates her from a 'single mom' who has never been married.

My point is, the African society use those titles to differentiate and categorize women without partners.

Whats the difference between a single parent and a single mom. Abeg educate me because i no go school
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Uchesis: 10:03am On Jan 22
We4all:

Oloriburuku, you went to school but don't know how to punctuate. My opinion is my problem and if you don't agree, then Bleep off.
This year is still very young. Receive sense before February comes
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Pussyisgud: 10:08am On Jan 22
Karleb:
Movies are for entertainment not lessons.

No bro you are very wrong!

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tiswell(m): 10:35am On Jan 22
Biglittlelois:

So Obama had daddy issues?

Jeff Bezos had daddy issues?
we do not share the same cultural value system with the west.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by tiswell(m): 10:44am On Jan 22
aribisala0:

Daddy issues happen whether people are married or not.
A man often transmits his bad relationship with his father to his children even if he stays married till he dies. Many sons avoid their fathers in old age even from unbroken homes
It is a simple statistical fact . Most Nigerians do not marry outside wedlock yet we have a high level of prostitution,drug abuse,gambling, robbery,kidnapping etc. Are we to blame single mothers for our ugly reality?
You know when people make such a categorical and absolute statement about everything you know you Are either listening to a child or a fool

Statistics are clear in a country like Nigeria most Repeat MOST of the people doing all evil.thing were raised by both parents just like you would expect Most of the people in Nigeian prisons to be Nigerian

Many wicked wives/women deliberately or subconsciously manipulates the children against their fathers,but I thank God the tide is fast changing.
Men are now fully awake to the age long wickedness of women.
Man will suffer to solely bear the financial weight and train his kids,only for him to be relegated in the long run,while the kids(now grown) sing praises of their mothers up and down.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ultraviolet27(f): 11:35am On Jan 22
That they were raised by Single Mother ain't the reason the Kids turned out that way it's the Poverty of their Mother and their numbers (too many) who births 5 Kids in this inflation economy? The millionaires don't even have that much number of kids again Even if they had a Father in the Home to Support Funke So far He is a low income earner at the lowest ebb of the income Pyramid their lives go Stl turn out like that!!

Funke wasn't even that educated up to the extent of getting a Job to earn 6 Figure they live from pay check to pay check(hand to mouth) the Penury must rub off the Kids too!!
Are you saying Toke Makinwa or Tonto Dike Male Kids will turn out like that??

Only 2 of those Kids were not well behaved and those were the middle born that's to be expected frm Kids with different Fathers ,all their Fathers dont have the Same Characters,I don't See any Selfishness or Self Centeredness in them this were Kids who Risked their Lives to Rob a Showroom so they Could fund their Mums Medical treatment. One even died on the line what act of altruism Can One ask of again?
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by ultraviolet27(f): 11:44am On Jan 22
Icesnow:
Exactly my thought. That's how they manipulate women to stay in bad marriages. The children turned out bad cos didn't have the finacial capability to take care of them.

My Dear they expect a low income Blue Collar Worker's 5 Kids like Jedidah's own to turn out good?? This was a Woman who Couldn't even afford a decent, Housing and meal let alone sending the Kids to top notch School how could they have fared better in the Society? If their was even a Father Figure in their lives they may have Stl not turned better because of Poverty!!

Tole Makinwa or Mercy Aigbe boys won't turn out that way!!
Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Arielle: 12:00pm On Jan 22
Printme:
The movie was cool. A Nollywood movie I actually enjoyed in a long while.

At the same time, I think it reflects on a very key aspect of life that most people never give much thoughts to.

That is, a male child will always need their father.

Regardless of how much a woman will love the male child, they will always need their father to be good influences in the society.

She gave birth to five children and all their fathers were absent. It's a lesson for women. Once you spoil your life, men will continue to chop and go.

No man will ever want to settle and train another man's child.

It doesn't matter how much you try to manipulate them with the "it's a mistake" or "a real man ought to take care of another man's child"

It won't work. They will just chop you and go and probably add their own seeds since you want to be unfortunate that way.

And we all saw that in the movie. Not even one of the children turned out fine for the society. Instead, they were filled with that selfish love that put only their needs into consideration and never the needs of others.

And that's the kind of love women can give their children. Only a father's disciplinary love tells the child that other's needs are important.

It is the father that seeks to make sure the male child, no matter how strong he is, he never used that strength for his own benefits alone.

If she had thought the children to protect others and not just herself, they probably would have turned out fine.

Overall, I think the movie was entertaining but the lessons were still there except you choose to ignore it.

This half-a.rsed twit is one of the reasons why a lot of people have left this forum. No one disputes the importance of a father in the children's lives. God took mine away and left me to raise my children myself. For this clown to come here and make sweeping statements like this, rubbishing the efforts of single mothers, struggling to be mother and father to their children, pay bills and make sound decisions by herself, is extremely low. I know a lot of children of single mothers who are upstanding and responsible members of society. They've been raised to higher standards and greater expectations because they had no dads. Conversely, some of the worst, most indulgent children and adults I know were raised in 2 parent homes. To come here and make such assertions shows how poorly you have been raised, by both father and mother. You're a poor example of a 2 parent home. Run away.

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by waxxydude: 12:02pm On Jan 22
Karleb:

Yen yen yen yen.

You keep learning in all movies but you are so dumb.

Learning but it's not reflecting in your life or thought process.
Lmao, look at this r3-tarded idiot. Each response right from your first comment exposes your level of thought and mental assimilation.

I legit introduced your mind to a very valid instance on how you can indeed learn from films. And what is your response? ... You wonder why Nigerians are extremely backward. Keep being simpleminded and have a good day 😎

PS; you don't have to learn from all movies as some are ludicrous and purely for entertainment value, but you can learn ALOT from many mindful movies.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:46pm On Jan 22
DeepSight:

Also consider the socio-economic (i.e: money) factor.
What is often at play in most single mother homes is a matter of lack of resources and not necessarily questionable parenting.
you're contradicting yourself.

No one talked about the reason why. I just stated a fact that single mothers tend to raise worse kids.

That's the primary fact. Even with resources, they will still turn out less compared to two parents with the same amount of resources

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by Printme: 12:50pm On Jan 22
Arielle:

This half-a.rsed twit is one of the reasons why a lot of people have left this forum. No one disputes the importance of a father in the children's lives. God took mine away and left me to raise my children myself. For this clown to come here and make sweeping statements like this, rubbishing the efforts of single mothers, struggling to be mother and father to their children, pay bills and make sound decisions by herself, is extremely low. I know a lot of children of single mothers who are upstanding and responsible members of society. They've been raised to higher standards and greater expectations because they had no dads. Conversely, some of the worst, most indulgent children and adults I know were raised in 2 parent homes. To come here and make such assertions shows how poorly you have been raised, by both father and mother. You're a poor example of a 2 parent home. Run away.
you insult because you're pained.

That's understandable

The statistics is that if I give a child to a single father and another one to a single mother, the chances that the child will turn out bad is higher for the single mother than the father.

This increases up to 72% compared to when a child is raised by both parents.

Maybe yours will turn out fine. Maybe not. No one knows.

But the statistics is there. And you can't wish it away no matter how much you insult me.

Take care of your kids and yourself please.

And no, people don't leave because of me. People leave because people like you will rather insult people who create important info.

If you're half as wise as you think, as a single mother raising kids, you now know that their chances of turning out bad is high.

What should you do differently should be the next line of thought. But then again, you will rather insult

1 Like

Re: What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" by DeepSight(m): 12:53pm On Jan 22
Printme:
you're contradicting yourself.

No one talked about the reason why. I just stated a fact that single mothers tend to raise worse kids.

That's the primary fact. Even with resources, they will still turn out less compared to two parents with the same amount of resources

I dont think anyone disputes that an ideal home has both father and mother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2face At The Big Brother House In 2006 (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy And Ike Share A Kiss (Photo) / Wazobia TV Oap-katheryn Obiang Exposes Her Undies During A Live Show (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.