Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) (61843 Views)

US Behind Drone Attack To Assassinate Putin - Russia Claims / Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Cmanforall: 9:51pm On Jan 22
richiemcgold:
Maybe Nigeria too should try and reclaim bakassi peninsula

I wan make we shake our small yansh for kameruu
grin grin grin

Those ones are fighting already to leave Cameroon
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by sematec(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22
Bakassi peninsula ceded to cameron years ago should be retuned to Nigeria too
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by hotseat: 9:51pm On Jan 22
Take a look at this scenario.

You buy a property and after many years, the seller says he wants it back.

Chai!

Not until the USA and Russia slug it out one way or the other, this insulting bravado won't come to an end.

We wait to see how this scenario plays out.

@hotseat
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by sweetjohn(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22
Though I was not born during ww2. But I read that’s was how Japan make mouth every country was afraid of them. They were very very eager to fight the US. They even have the guts to attack first and wanted to invade the US. The US just Dey Dey sorry for them bc they don’t know what is awaiting them. Boom! Na like so Japan take lost a whole 2 densely populated community.

Russia, US just Dey Dey look una with one eye. It’s an opportunity for the US to show una who is the master. You know what, they won’t even waste their breath. putin, if your mama and your papa born you well, come and take Alaska.

5 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by LifeofDream: 9:52pm On Jan 22
loswhite:
Shut up! What has he done to walk the talk? If fighting small Ukraine is what you call walk the talk then I am disappointed. The US has responsibility to recognize and respect a nuclear power but you clowns just open your mouth and type rubbish like kids in primary school
Fighting small Ukraine?.. This is why I hate replying people with no common sense..

The largest country in Europe a small country?.. grin
The country with second largest stand alone army in Europe a small country?...

Read up man, I'm not at your level in this thing..

4 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Masterito(m): 9:53pm On Jan 22
Lol, I am not sure you understandwhat youjust said? Russia can'ttry that joke with the US, they are aware.
ChronicGp:
Putin take the fight to them since they want to fight by proxy

No gree

1 Like

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Litmus: 9:54pm On Jan 22
Humanity and land! The world should learn from Nigeria. We don't give a Bleep about land. We dash Cameroon Bakasi. Our borders are flung wide open.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Jokay07(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22
Munzy14:
They should not tamper with that documentary on Alaska.. That Flying Alaska or what on Discovery channel.. undecided Because na dia I go piawa madu Azu.
Alaska Airlines smiley smiley
One of my favorites
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by LifeofDream: 9:55pm On Jan 22
sweetjohn:
Though I was not born during ww2. But I read that’s was how Japan make mouth every country was afraid of them. They were very very eager to fight the US. They even have the guts to attack first and wanted to invade the US. The US just Dey Dey sorry for them bc they don’t know what is awaiting them. Boom! Na like so Japan take lost a whole 2 densely populated community.

Russia, US just Dey Dey look una with one eye. It’s an opportunity for the US to show una who is the master. You know what, they won’t even waste their breath. putin, if your mama and your papa born you well, come and take Alaska.
You did not read/heard well...

Japan fought the western allies, China not only US..

It's even USSR that defeat Japan strongest army not US or it allies..

Soviet Union liberate Mongolia up to Manchuria and Korea.. Some people are born rugged for war, no be by mouth..

3 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Jokay07(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22
LifeofDream:

Fighting small Ukraine?.. This is why I hate replying people with no common sense..

Yes small Ukraine though not by land mass.
What's stand alone? In Europe, Ukraine is not among top 5 in terms of military capability

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by oaktown101(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22
LOL lots of kids without knowledge of international politics on NL. You guys are hillarious here. Putin just dey entertain him followers because he wan win re-election for March grin grin grin
LifeofDream:

Putin make noise??.. shocked
When do we start breeding you guys here on nl?..

The president with the highest rating, mention a president that walk the talk like Putin in the world?..

Russia, the only country US and it vassals fears.. When Putin say so, then so be it.. 💯😂
If you doubt this, ask US military general and spokesmen plus Biden himself..

3 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Jokay07(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22
LifeofDream:

You did not read/heard well...

Japan fought the western allies, China not only US..

It's even USSR that defeat Japan strongest army not US or it allies..

Soviet Union liberate Mongolia up to Manchuria and Korea.. Some people are born rugged for war, no be by mouth..
What crippled the Japanese was the bomb dropped by US.

4 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by SonofElElyonRet: 10:00pm On Jan 22
The sale was a legal valid transaction for consideration and therefore binding. Go to ICJ and you will lose Putin. Of course you dare not invade Alaska
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by loswhite(m): 10:00pm On Jan 22
LifeofDream:

Largest country in terms of what? Economy or military capacity? Like I said the internet can make I clown think he is an expert

4 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by dijon: 10:02pm On Jan 22
Winner90:
Interesting
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Yalwayzme: 10:02pm On Jan 22
Nackzy:
Wetin be alaska
Alaska. Top seat of a bicycle

1 Like

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by oaktown101(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22
You are smart jare leave all these kids that don't know what they are talking about. Japan today can't get a full military because of fear that america created in them when they dropped atomic bomb on them. The had to sign defence pact with the US.
sweetjohn:

2 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by yewit37486: 10:02pm On Jan 22
Slytiger:
Putin is a clown 🤡.

Goan defeat Ukraine first.

LMAO. But Sweden and Finland joined NATO. Those are more powerful countries than Ukraine which was the poorest country in Europe before the war.

I was actually about to say this can not be true until I checked online now and actually confirmed it's true! We truly learn every day. I had assumed it would be one of the eastern european countries, romania, albania and co that would be the poorest. Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:04pm On Jan 22
Putin you no well oooooo.... na Expressway u dey go oooooooo.. point of no return oooo....

Putinnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by TenQ: 10:04pm On Jan 22
WriterNig:

In a surprising turn of events, Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree branding the 1867 sale of Alaska to the U.S. as 'illegal.' This move has reignited historical debates and raised geopolitical concerns on a global scale.

Alaska, acquired by the U.S. from the Russian Empire for $7.2 million, has been an integral part of the nation for over 150 years. The region's strategic location near Russia's eastern territories through the Bering Strait has long been a geopolitical focal point.

Post-World War II, Alaska gained heightened significance as the U.S. and the Soviet Union emerged as rivals. Now, in the wake of Putin's 2022 invasion of Ukraine, the idea of reclaiming Alaska has gained momentum among Russian politicians.

Sergei Mironov, a close ally of Putin, advocates for Moscow to consider reclaiming Alaska from what he perceives as a "weakened U.S." State Duma President Vyacheslav Volodin issues a cautionary message to Americans, reminding them of Russia's potential to reclaim assets, should they attempt to seize Russian properties abroad.

Drawing parallels with Russia's actions in Crimea, historically transferred to Ukraine during the Soviet era, adds an ominous historical context to the unfolding situation.

The tension brewing between Russia and the U.S. over Alaska adds a new layer to the complex geopolitics of our time. Fueled by historical grievances and recent global events, this situation highlights the evolving dynamics between these two influential nations and raises questions about the potential impact on the global geopolitical landscape. As the world watches, the historical echoes and contemporary geopolitical maneuvering create an atmosphere of uncertainty and concern.

Third World War Loading!

China will be Happy: an opportunity to invade Taiwan!

Arab world would be Happy: an opportunity to gang up against Israel!

Consumer nations in Africa should prepare for a massive inflation and poverty.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Mrexcell(m): 10:05pm On Jan 22
Emperor putin loves war too much he is yet to defeat Ukraine in the ongoing war yet still wants to go into another war with almighty united states which leader opens two war fronts at the same time? Russia nukes is really driving him nuts.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by defash8: 10:10pm On Jan 22
Naija have nothing to gain in Russia.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Princedapace(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22
Funkyswagzz:

The purpose was never to defeat Ukraine. The main aim was to deter Ukraine from joining nato and he achieved it now u,s have abandoned zelenski to face hamas

U get sense jaree. Russia wey don scatter Ukraine and Ukraine would need at least 50 years to ever bounce back as a competitive nation. Infact the country is ruined. Russia cunrrenly controls some of her ports and mounted Russian flags there. Infact, the US secret police has told the US govt that they should forget about those lands Russia took from Ukraine.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Mrexcell(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22
The US doesn't even share bother with Alaska looking at the picture map up there.

1 Like

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by KayB: 10:13pm On Jan 22
2 can play the game. Squeeze their balls and claim undue influence and duress
I shall be your witness they are threats to global peace with their double standards
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by ariesbull: 10:13pm On Jan 22
Slytiger:
Putin is a clown 🤡.

Goan defeat Ukraine first.

LMAO. But Sweden and Finland joined NATO. Those are more powerful countries than Ukraine which was the poorest country in Europe before the war.
Ukriane is done and dusted ...he has achieved what he needs by taking DONBASS

1 Like

Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Evolutionism: 10:13pm On Jan 22
BloomingDale:

What would you do if they bring the war to Africa? Can you defend your women and children?

grin grin grin

This Lady.

Where can i find people like you to marry.

Intelligent and prudent ladies who are sensitive to issues of humanity are my weakness.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by paramakina202: 10:13pm On Jan 22
justmondris:

Propaganda is more common in Western media. They just want to paint Russia black so that their customers will lose trust in buying from them. Russia sold that state and they have moved on long time ago.

As the west is losing their proxy war against Russia in Ukraine the more desperate they becomes.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by Diesel1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22
Day169:
.. after 150 years?
I think this Putin guy is deluded. We let's see if he has the guts to make an attempt to reclaim Alaska from the US.
It's not about number of years.. you can decide to take back your papa land wey your uncle snatched from Una 60 years ago
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by chidiakwari: 10:14pm On Jan 22
Putin will be defeated.
Re: Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) by richeeyo(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22
Funkyswagzz:

The purpose was never to defeat Ukraine. The main aim was to deter Ukraine from joining nato and he achieved it now u,s have abandoned zelenski to face hamas
Why did you get that fact
American account for every penny when it comes to military aid, even their budget for Ukraine 2024 is laid out they just want more

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) / Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US / Jammeh Now Using Decoy Convoys After Refusing To Step Down. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.