Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? (16206 Views)

Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Sijo01(f): 6:59pm On Jan 23
Buck purchase is the way forward. Not an easy sacrifices but it's always worth it.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Princewill1(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

I am a single guy, I earn between 400 - 500k monthly

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.
From your writeup, you're not having any problem paying your bills. Your concern is on saving.

You maybe living above your means. Downgrade your housing cost, reduce the amount you give to your Mom and girl at least by 20%, Check what you spend on food, you didn't mention it. By doing this you will definitely save.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Splashme: 7:00pm On Jan 23
Terrible
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by duduade: 7:11pm On Jan 23
Nasri100:

Some of those people have already adjusted to suffering so you canโ€™t blame them.

Once they see a job that is paying them poverty salary next thing is to be thinking of marriage and giving birth to 500 kids

Then when they are sacked from the job or the worst happens you will see the wailing topics on Nairaland

Let me give you sample:

โ€œPlease help my wife is threatening to leave me with 4 kids after I lost my jobโ€

grin

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

You got it ... Sinking in poverty...

When I first saw that comment I had to read three times.. 70k with two children... Please
try not to add another child in this economic situation...

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by kingthreat(m): 7:24pm On Jan 23
Emma09:
I will still thank God for making me take that tough decision in 2021. What was the decision? Buying My KOROPE! my Yeye Girlfriend then advised I use the money to help my Sister that was diagnosed with cancer! Thank God Sister is still very much alive and well, though I assisted her with 100k. Korope is still standing strong and gives me daily money to feed myself and wifey now. I still dey collect salary too as a Government worker. Korope is still as neat as I bought it cos na only me dey drive am for night only. Best decision ever!

I will advice you don't depend fulltime on the korope for daily maintenance. Save whatever the korope brings you so you can buy another one incase the korope develops a problem. Transport business is sweet for those that have many vehicles on the street.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by MasterTeeUSA: 7:45pm On Jan 23
So if you are struggling, is it that you had too many kids? How will you sponsor them at the tertiary institutions when you will need to pay for housing, their own feeding and yours, tuition and books? 3 kids even in sane country is a lot these days.

Ance4Liverpool:
You priced only garri and you are shouting do you know 5k can not make a pot of soup that can serve a family of 5 for 2days infact in my house if we want to take pap for breakfast i spend close to 4k for just 5 people(me & wife + 3 children), some times i wonder how family of more than 5 people survive.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23
JESUS IS MY SUSTAINER.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:10pm On Jan 23
Mopolchi:
omo ๐Ÿ˜ณ your side cost well well. 1000 naira fit buy one painter of white Garri dis side

Which side you dey wey you dey buy one paint of white at 1k abeg
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:12pm On Jan 23
Saintinoo:

You must feel it, it is expected that the number of clients/customers will reduce because of increase in fees of your services. Many will look for alternative, but still, there are businesses that are not really affected.

If you don't mind me asking, can you name some abeggggg, aside church sha o

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Tonididdyx: 8:14pm On Jan 23
I weep for my people embarassed

.... Gone are the days people say "naija sweet"!

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by chukzyfcbb: 8:27pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

I am a single guy, I earn between 400 - 500k monthly

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.

Mr man, you have no excuse not to save.
400-500k can achieve all of this with savings
Stop the cap

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Exceed15: 8:31pm On Jan 23
Apc is a cancer . They are causing more harm to Nigerians. 30k stipend NL will soon come and attack now .

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Greenback: 8:36pm On Jan 23
EbenezerTriumph:
which one be concortion stew abeg
Haba which Kain question be this,nah,so you be telling me you don't know concortion stew!!!? ๐Ÿ˜

Ok concortion stew makeshift stew!

Pepper toma onion Maggi and oil.
grin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ceejayluv(m): 8:39pm On Jan 23
RapportNaija:
To answer your question, I'll use this popular Nigerian phrase, "Na God"

Because if not God, how are we truly surviving?

I have a family of 4 (1 toddler included).

We cook proper soup twice a week (3-5k each when managing funds)

Our first child does heavy snacking and her most preferred food is Golden Morn, Coco Pops, or Oat and milk.

Our toddler is still on baby formula milk.

I consume alcohol too (no shame, sorry not sorry - at least 2 bottles of beer daily)

We buy half bag of rice every 2-3 months, and then split the rest of my food budget on spaghetti, noodles, Garri, semo, Amala, groundnut oil, palm oil, etc.

All of this on which income? My woman earns less than 30k/month as a primary school teacher.

I freelance (earn in $$$s)...but income is nearly always inconsistent.

In the past 8 months, things have become tougher. No thanks to the rise of Artificial Intelligence (that's stolen most clients) and harsh APC Naija economy.

All income now goes to feeding and paying regular bills like TV, internet, cooking gas, power supply, water, cleaning, etc.

We can barely afford new clothes or replace our old/damaged gadgets.

It's time to leave this country!
I'm exactly in your shoes. The last thing I can do is to sacrifice nutrition in order to take care of other less important stuff.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ceejayluv(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23
kennyz247:
Na God oo,how we even survive in Nigeria is beyond human reason..
U collect 30 k as monthly salary and u end up spending more than 50k monthly,this can only be God...
... And perhaps begging, bribery and debts.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ceejayluv(m): 8:44pm On Jan 23
Greenback:

Guy you don't earn bad at all,in fact,you earn very good...what's left is for you to make plans
To jakpa I guess... Cos the inflation is showing no signs of slowing.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by dreyboard(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23
As a student, it has not been easy here..., From garri, rice, beans, gas and even ordinary egg, everything don skyrocket sad, nah God dey survive common man for this country
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ceejayluv(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23
Skoolextra:
Learn to buy things in bulk. Especially meat . Buy from abbaotoir that would last for at least a month. For Lovers of fish buy a carton or half from cold room. For a family you will be saving a minimum of 50k. Lastly, get your tomatoes and pepper from major market in large quantity and preserve them in your freezer.
Provided they're living in an area with adequate power supply. If not, add another 20k or More monthly for only Gen fuel.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Jan 23
Blackfire:
Obi and igbos and obidients and all sensible nigerians are been taught a lesson

Things are cheaper now

Ebi o pa wa o
omenka1:
Ebin pawa ooooo grin grin grin
We are passing through Tinubulations oooo
E be like say na statistics we go chop finally ooo

"Tinubu teaching OBIdients Nigerians politics 101" (CORNfused Agbadorians, et. al)

The person above me is typing from Pluto

You Obidients are still about the forgotten election. Why must everything be about Obi?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:03pm On Jan 23
Omo
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by uuzba(m): 9:09pm On Jan 23
Tonididdyx:
I weep for my people embarassed

.... Gone are the days people say "naija sweet"!
The name of the country is Nigeria.
The moment people started calling it Naija, is when the suffering became mass spread.
It was Nigeria that was sweet.
There has never been anything good from Naija.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by saxokay(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23
Thanks God for my tricycle

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by maasoap(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23
lexotan:
With my APC membership card, I buy things cheaper, I donโ€™t know what you are talking about.
Yorubafonja:
Agbados are not feeling it, they are enjoying agbado
ariesbull:

We have taught the Omo Nna lesson of their lifetime with our Ronu mantra...things are better now
Next time use this image ....

Your Obi equally vowed to remove fuel subsidy. Atiku promised too. So, I don't know what could have happened differently with your Obi

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by olaztek(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23
The rich are complaining, the poor are regretting, family men are now looking haggard. God help us o.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by tolulope93: 9:29pm On Jan 23
Tinubu want to kill us nii,. So that he and his family alone go they enjoy the naija goodies.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Goddyrichie(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23
LalastiklaIa:

Honestly small $200 dollar na war cry
aje
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Redstorm(m): 9:31pm On Jan 23
Are you okay

Agbadocassava:
Food items are more costly during Jonathan than now, you guys should give Asiwaju time, everything will be okay with time.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ariesbull: 9:38pm On Jan 23
maasoap:

Your Obi equally vowed to remove fuel subsidy. Atiku promised too. So, I don't know what could have happened differently with your Obi

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by okerekingsley90: 9:38pm On Jan 23
Agbadocassava:
Food items are more costly during Jonathan than now, you guys should give Asiwaju time, everything will be okay with time.

Who is this person? How much was a bag of rice under Jonathan?
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by maasoap(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23
ariesbull:
Have grip on yourself, free 2kg of garri or rice can't replace subsidy removal. Handouts can't stop or cushion the effects of rising in prices of goods and services caused by fuel subsidy removal
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ariesbull: 10:03pm On Jan 23
maasoap:

Have grip on yourself, free 2kg of garri or rice can't replace subsidy removal. Handouts can't stop or cushion the effects of rising in prices of goods and services caused by fuel subsidy removal

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Annistars: 10:21pm On Jan 23
We use to pass some days without cooking, like today we are sleeping without food only water, that is what we have been doing since the beginning of this month.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup / Steak Lovers / Learn How To Cook Okpa(igbo Delicacy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.