Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? (16199 Views)

Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Wiseman2y(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23
Agbadocassava:
Food items are more costly during Jonathan than now, you guys should give Asiwaju time, everything will be okay with time.
you are a chronic liar , food stuffs are more affordable during Jonathan era than this jagaban 419 regime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Emma09(m): 5:05pm On Jan 23
I will still thank God for making me take that tough decision in 2021. What was the decision? Buying My KOROPE! my Yeye Girlfriend then advised I use the money to help my Sister that was diagnosed with cancer! Thank God Sister is still very much alive and well, though I assisted her with 100k. Korope is still standing strong and gives me daily money to feed myself and wifey now. I still dey collect salary too as a Government worker. Korope is still as neat as I bought it cos na only me dey drive am for night only. Best decision ever!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by drimzsmoke(m): 5:05pm On Jan 23
Greenback:

Guy you can help yourself with potatoes and plantain..they are still cheap.. just fry them and make "concortion" stew,that's all...it will carry you for the whole day....keep the hussles o

It can't reach me, my stomach is very big!!!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Thebest12(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23
Ifyz0001:
Obviously, your brain contains only 1 coin...not even up to 2 coins.

You are still calling Jonathan, why didn't you call Obasanjo or Abacha or Nnamdi Azikiwe.

Foolishness no dey tire some people.

You don't understand sarcasm?

Edited; the arni....mal actually meant it . I taught he was being sacarstic . Na mu,mu f idiyot be

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Thebest12(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23
Johncuppa:

How do you mean excatly?
School fees on the high, fuel high, dollar high, what else is there for a common man to benefit?
Not as if you've built wealth where everyone can work and make their Mony like abroad.
What excatly will Asiwaju do to benefits Nigerians in commensurate with the afflictions and pains brought on them?

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Thebest12(m): 5:12pm On Jan 23
StarRida:
if I say mek thunder fire you now I do bad

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Kingrshd3: 5:12pm On Jan 23
omenka1:
Ebin pawa ooooo grin grin grin
We are passing through Tinubulations oooo
E be like say na statistics we go chop finally ooo

Tinubu teaching OBIdients Nigerians politics 101

The person above me is typing from Pluto

I think from Jupiter
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by occfx: 5:12pm On Jan 23
elimsun:
So I went to purchase some household items at a popular joint in Ikotun. I requested for four painters of garri and was told 10k!! I had to repeat my request that it was four painters and not half bag oo. The seller smiled and confirmed the price.
WTF!! 10k for just four painters of garri, that means a painter will go for 2k.
I sadly had to cut my budget to meet up with the money I had at hand. On my way home, I kept wondering how ordinary Nigerians like us will survive if things keep on skyrocketing like this.

Pls anyone with a better idea on how to survive this harsh economy should help. For the record, I don't and can't do yahoo so pls don't suggest it.

You must do everything to start earning in $. Tinubu have finished everything. Pity us wey get children without any reasonable source of income due to buhari regime wey pursue our company.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by eepeepook: 5:12pm On Jan 23
Eat less. Wetin man go do again?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Greenback: 5:13pm On Jan 23
drimzsmoke:

It can't reach me, my stomach is very big!!!
Oh I see,you are joking 😁😁😁
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by yomi007k(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23
Greenback:

Oh I see,you are joking 😁😁😁

Leave him. He is not serious.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Fatbam005: 5:16pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

I am a single guy, I earn between 400 - 500k monthly

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.
Shut up liar.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by iLegendd(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23
It's still cheap. I want everything to be unaffordable for rich people before I'll consider there is hunger in the land. At the moment, no single Nigerian is suffering. We're just enjoying what we voted for. No big deal. tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Mozegee: 5:19pm On Jan 23
Agbadocassava:
Food items are more costly during Jonathan than now, you guys should give Asiwaju time, everything will be okay with time.
How selfish people like you can be,i pity you. All of us are in this together
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by occfx: 5:20pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.

You are making a mistake
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by BlackyOne: 5:21pm On Jan 23
I just came back from the market with my last reserve...

Now I dey look for bad gang to join, I heard business is booming in Abuja now

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Kingrshd3: 5:21pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

And am here earning 70k married with 2 kids 😒😭😭
Struggling to eat well, hardly pay nepa bills , water and I dont even sub for gotv , I do use.social sub on phone 😭😭😭

The joy in nigeria is gone

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23
BlackyOne:
I just came back from the market with my last reserve...

Now I dey look for bad gang to join, I heard business is booming in Abuja now
U get mind?!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Goddyrichie(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23
LalastiklaIa:

Na that yahoo you go later beg to do last last
even d yahoo sef don hard 😞

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by onyxo76(m): 5:31pm On Jan 23
Not funny at all, was at a shop today to buy a few things, 19k plus was what I paid, 2 bowls of rice, 2 1 litre satchet oil, toothpaste, some seasonings,dano milk and some spaghetti, milo and a few other things, omo I weak...

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Cromagnon: 5:34pm On Jan 23
elimsun:
So I went to purchase some household items at a popular joint in Ikotun. I requested for four painters of garri and was told 10k!! I had to repeat my request that it was four painters and not half bag oo. The seller smiled and confirmed the price.
WTF!! 10k for just four painters of garri, that means a painter will go for 2k.
I sadly had to cut my budget to meet up with the money I had at hand. On my way home, I kept wondering how ordinary Nigerians like us will survive if things keep on skyrocketing like this.

You will enter Farm

Pls anyone with a better idea on how to survive this harsh economy should help. For the record, I don't and can't do yahoo so pls don't suggest it.
enter farm

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23
Mopolchi:
Apc has finished this economy. Foodstuffs are very costly. Half painter of rice is now 2,500 naira. lipsrsealed Nothing is cheap even egg is 120 naira. One painter of garri is 1,600 naira. I can’t even save, chai!

Egg is 150, bro... Una own still cheap... Half paint of garri (white o) is 1k, one paint is 2k

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Cromagnon: 5:35pm On Jan 23
Mopolchi:
Apc has finished this economy. Foodstuffs are very costly. Half painter of rice is now 2,500 naira. lipsrsealed Nothing is cheap even egg is 120 naira. One painter of garri is 1,600 naira. I can’t even save, chai!
no its not
You are just ubproductive
But pride and ego will not let you gree for anybody reeking you the truth

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:38pm On Jan 23
Goddyrichie:
even d yahoo sef don hard 😞

Honestly small $200 dollar na war cry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by LalastiklaIa(m): 5:40pm On Jan 23
Kingrshd3:

And am here earning 70k married with 2 kids 😒😭😭
Struggling to eat well, hardly pay nepa bills , water and I dont even sub for gotv , I do use.social sub on phone 😭😭😭

The joy in nigeria is gone

You even get mind o. 70k and u get mind marry still born 1 and even add another one on top. Wow undecided

Let me be earning 500k as a bachelor. I can not have a girlfriend not to talk of wife and kids. Una dey try sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by cjudy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 23
Agbadocassava:
Ewu
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Adebaba1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

nawa o
u are the one killing yourseff
you are giving money to your fiancee, not even wife
Your fiancee is collecting money from other toasters, you are still giving her money

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by newoffer: 5:43pm On Jan 23
The plan is to make slaves out of the masses. When they raise a cup of Garri una go run because hardship is now the new order. The people suppose plant every and do trade by barter as we speak now
Mopolchi:

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Bobbyjay001(m): 5:45pm On Jan 23
Ance4Liverpool:
You priced only garri and you are shouting do you know 5k can not make a pot of soup that can serve a family of 5 for 2days infact in my house if we want to take pap for breakfast i spend close to 4k for just 5 people(me & wife + 3 children), some times i wonder how family of more than 5 people survive.
yours is better. I just leet a woman's shop where i boughj 10cups of garri, 15 cups of rice and some other things when i realised there's nothing to eat this night and nothing for the children to eat to school tommorow. I know how my wife n i have spent on foodstuff this month alone. May God help us
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by OdenKelechi(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23
I don really taya. Prices just dey skyrocket anyhow
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by nizelgirl(f): 5:46pm On Jan 23
This question reminds me of when I went to the market by December to pick few items. Rice, Garrri and yam was not included. When I returned home I had to check the list again to be sure if it's correspond with the money I went out with. I release I have spent over 50k on items that before 10k will buy and still give me change. Honestly it's not funny again Port Harcourt own is worst everyday oil money yet the oil we no dey see.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by MrPresident1: 5:46pm On Jan 23
The price of food in the market is ridiculous. Families are using their entire incomes to feed, that's just crazy! The hardship in the land is unbearable, people are hungry, angry, and starving. Most people are just eating whatever they see to eat, no talk about balanced diet, or appropriate nutrition. Nigerians at suffering under a very heavy yoke

Psalm 107:33-35
King James Version
33 He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
34 A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

God has turned the fruitful land of Nigeria into a barren wasteland because of the wickedness of Nigerians

Only God can save us.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Smoking So Much? / Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family / Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.