Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? (16204 Views)

Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Newborn27(f): 10:23pm On Jan 23
It hasn't been easy... especially with private school teaching salary.

I pray God reposition me for greatness soonest.... enough of toiling and eating meagerly IJN.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Yorubafonja: 10:31pm On Jan 23
maasoap:

Your Obi equally vowed to remove fuel subsidy. Atiku promised too. So, I don't know what could have happened differently with your Obi
U are a mumu man, did obi tell u he will do it the way agbado did I? Making the people to suffer?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Melagros(m): 10:37pm On Jan 23
Judolisco:
I travelled with my car from Abuja to my home town for 12hrs and when I was coming back January I came back loaded, no be say I get money for fuel oh but I knw say for 3 months now ino go buy foodstuffs again for Abuja... Things cheap die... Especially yam
Wise man grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ufuosman(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23
D hardship is getting out of hand

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by remsonik(f): 11:22pm On Jan 23
I visited a school recently and to get a plate of 2 pack of noodles and one egg alone is 600/700 minimum. To eat ordinary rice and beans or any food at the cafeteria starts from 1k minimum and I just wondered how parents with kids in school either primary/secondary/tertiary institutions are managing to survive. The cost of living alone this days is a burden and everyone is just struggling to live well

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by year2013: 11:29pm On Jan 23
parkervero:
One paint of garri is #1700 at iyana Ipaja

You mean Ijebu garri?.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saviola86: 11:37pm On Jan 23
Princewill1:
From your writeup, you're not having any problem paying your bills. Your concern is on saving.

You maybe living above your means. Downgrade your housing cost, reduce the amount you give to your Mom and girl at least by 20%, Check what you spend on food, you didn't mention it. By doing this you will definitely save.

See you won't understand.

First I have a mom who is on diet. She has allergies and based on doctor's advise things could go worse. So that's on my head because my older brother who was trying in his own little way lost his jobs and has been trying to secure one all to no avail. The little hustle he does here and there goes nowhere. He is trying on his part but it's well

Secondly, my fiancee has been with me through the years during my toughest periods. 6yrs of selfless sacrifice for me. She was the one assisting mummy when me and my bro goto work until my bro lost his job and now stays with her. I asked her to go learn a skill instead of looking for a job. Since I asked her to learn a skill instead of working, I am responsible for her Tfair to and fro.

Lastly, I want to settle down next year and there is a daily ajor that takes a certain money off me daily.

These are the things that eats my money.

My house rent for the year is less than a month's income, I dont even eat. Once a day and I am done.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by SolMaximus: 11:38pm On Jan 23
LETS GO

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Johncuppa(m): 2:03am On Jan 24
Thebest12:

You don't understand sarcasm?
O sorry.
Pardon my ignorance.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Thebest12(m): 3:05am On Jan 24
Johncuppa:

O sorry.
Pardon my ignorance.

No need the idiyot wasn't been sarcastic. He is just a random nitwit

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Tonididdyx: 8:03am On Jan 24
uuzba:

The name of the country is Nigeria.
The moment people started calling it Naija, is when the suffering became mass spread.
It was Nigeria that was sweet.
There has never been anything good from Naija.

Nope superstitions
Tribalism
Nepotism brought us here!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by ariesbull: 8:23am On Jan 24
Tonididdyx:

Nope superstitions
Tribalism
Nepotism brought us here!
our RONU mantra freed us from those Omo Nna that want to bring something else

It's our lokan
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Chaolin: 8:37am On Jan 24
Agbadocassava:
Food items are more costly during Jonathan than now, you guys should give Asiwaju time, everything will be okay with time.

Controversial boy go home and wash plates for your mother adults are discussing
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by FBIBOT(m): 8:53am On Jan 24
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

I am a single guy, I earn between 400 - 500k monthly

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.

Why u dey lie......? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ U Wan collect award... Which bill u dey pay that is gulping 400-500k monthly? Do you stay at Eko Atlantic hotel?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by maasoap(m): 9:37am On Jan 24
Yorubafonja:

U are a mumu man, did obi tell u he will do it the way agbado did I? Making the people to suffer?
Mr Mumuni, how would he do it differently that the prices of goods and services wouldn't be increasing?
It doesn't matter how he does it, we would have still experienced hyper inflation. The only solution was not to do it
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Adebaba1(m): 11:04am On Jan 24
Saviola86:

See you won't understand.

First I have a mom who is on diet. She has allergies and based on doctor's advise things could go worse. So that's on my head because my older brother who was trying in his own little way lost his jobs and has been trying to secure one all to no avail. The little hustle he does here and there goes nowhere. He is trying on his part but it's well

Secondly, my fiancee has been with me through the years during my toughest periods. 6yrs of selfless sacrifice for me. She was the one assisting mummy when me and my bro goto work until my bro lost his job and now stays with her. I asked her to go learn a skill instead of looking for a job. Since I asked her to learn a skill instead of working, I am responsible for her Tfair to and fro.

Lastly, I want to settle down next year and there is a daily ajor that takes a certain money off me daily.

These are the things that eats my money.

My house rent for the year is less than a month's income, I dont even eat. Once a day and I am done.

chief there is an issue somewhere
i am sorry

close to a million monthly and yet you eat once a day

mama health can't be more than 50k
fiancee expenses can't be more than 50k

house rent...according to you is a month salary so thats out of it
bills like nepa, gas, lawma, dstv can't be more than 30k
transport to work can't be more than 50k
total of all the above is 130k, you still have 270k left
chief you are not being straight with your finances

i think you are paying off some debt

i currently earn below 100k and yet i am somehow coping (alhamdulilahi) not to talk of yours

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by NoToPile: 11:44am On Jan 24
Bought egg yesterday evening 3300, I said mummy kilode, she said they increased it by 2hundred ni, I said but that's what you said upper week I bought 3100 as against 2900 ,she said won tun increase e ni angry

Jumbo size 3300
Small size 3100

And as far as I am concerned buying small eggs for home use is not economical jejely bought my big sized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by zoeymikey(f): 1:10pm On Jan 24
21NAUGHTYUTY:
Omor it has really been tough, especially as a student getting little funds from sponsor... As them don pay fees, the rest is on you bru. To be honest it has been a hell in a cell but God has always had a way to feed me, since it is hard to get a part time job.
Swrzzzzz,,true talk..
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Coolgent(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24
Emilokam
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Yorubafonja: 4:15am On Jan 25
maasoap:

Mr Mumuni, how would he do it differently that the prices of goods and services wouldn't be increasing?
It doesn't matter how he does it, we would have still experienced hyper inflation. The only solution was not to do it
Mumu man go and ask obi,stop asking me,
Stop justifying failure because of tribe
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by johnrayz: 10:33am On Jan 25
I have a life time opportunity that can shift your financial income
Chat me on Whatsapp zero seven zero six eight nine zero zero eight six four
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:32am On Jan 25
Mopolchi:
Apc has finished this economy. Foodstuffs are very costly. Half painter of rice is now 2,500 naira. lipsrsealed Nothing is cheap even egg is 120 naira. One painter of garri is 1,600 naira. I can’t even save, chai!
You're even lucky. Here in Lagos one painter of Garri is 2k
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Baolak(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08
Judolisco:
I travelled with my car from Abuja to my home town for 12hrs and when I was coming back January I came back loaded, no be say I get money for fuel oh but I knw say for 3 months now ino go buy foodstuffs again for Abuja... Things cheap die... Especially yam
Where's your town?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family / Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup / Steak Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.