Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? (16202 Views)

Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Rising Cost Of Food: How It Has Changed My Eating Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by newoffer: 5:47pm On Jan 23
Stock your home by yourself. This sapa is going round. Imagine my ex of 17yrs calling me to come. I cometh not , not in this season.
Adebaba1:

nawa o
u are the one killing yourseff
you are giving money to your fiancee, not even wife
Your fiancee is collecting money from other toasters, you are still giving her money

6 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by chidiokay: 5:48pm On Jan 23
Saviola86:
Things are so crazy

I am a single guy, I earn between 400 - 500k monthly

But I can't even feed properly because before I remove my mom's weekly upkeep, my rent which I save monthly, my tfair, my nepa bills, data , tips for my fiancee. I am left with barely nothing to save.

I don't club, I don't keep large friends, I don't womanize, I am not fashion freak, I don't even drink yet.

If truly you earn 400k monthly and you don't club, drink or womanize there is no reason you can't have a "saving"

You don't have children, what are you now finishing 400k on per month .. nah something is missing

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by koyeni(m): 5:48pm On Jan 23
MrPresident1:
The price of food in the market is ridiculous. Families are using their entire incomes to feed, that's just crazy! The hardship in the land is unbearable, people are hungry, angry, and starving. Most people are just eating wtever theynsee to eat, no talk about balanced diet, or appropriate nutrition. Nigerians at suffering under a very heavy yoke

Psalm 107:33-35
King James Version
33 He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
34 A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.

God has turned the fruitful land of Nigeria into a barren wasteland because of the wickedness of Nigerians

Only God can save us.

Let's leave God out of it ..
Whatsoever a man sows .. he'd reap

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EbenezerTriumph: 5:48pm On Jan 23
Greenback:

Guy you can help yourself with potatoes and plantain..they are still cheap.. just fry them and make "concortion" stew,that's all...it will carry you for the whole day....keep the hussles o
which one be concortion stew abeg
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EbenezerTriumph: 5:48pm On Jan 23
Free2Fly:

I think he's just being satirical.
the guy no get eye see sarcasm
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saintinoo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 23
verybadmouth:
Not feeling too much. I'm equally increasing the cost of my own services to accommodate the variation, hence there's a balance

You must feel it, it is expected that the number of clients/customers will reduce because of increase in fees of your services. Many will look for alternative, but still, there are businesses that are not really affected.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saintinoo(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23
kennyz247:
Na God oo,how we even survive in Nigeria is beyond human reason..
U collect 30 k as monthly salary and u end up spending more than 50k monthly,this can only be God...

You keep accumulating debt which will result to high BP later. 3 people just died of high BP in this place I am staying just in the space of 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by JIBO4REAL(m): 5:53pm On Jan 23
I will just say Alhamudullahi
Ope ni fun olorun
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Nasri100(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23
LalastiklaIa:

You even get mind o. 70k and u get mind marry still born 1 and even add another one on top. Wow undecided

Let me be earning 500k as a bachelor. I can not have a girlfriend not to talk of wife and kids. Una dey try sha

Some of those people have already adjusted to suffering so you can’t blame them.

Once they see a job that is paying them poverty salary next thing is to be thinking of marriage and giving birth to 500 kids

Then when they are sacked from the job or the worst happens you will see the wailing topics on Nairaland

Let me give you sample:

“Please help my wife is threatening to leave me with 4 kids after I lost my job”

grin

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saviola86: 5:55pm On Jan 23
Adebaba1:

nawa o
u are the one killing yourseff
you are giving money to your fiancee, not even wife
Your fiancee is collecting money from other toasters, you are still giving her money

If you don't know the story, don't condemn the act
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saviola86: 5:56pm On Jan 23
chidiokay:

If truly you earn 400k monthly and you don't club, drink or womanize there is no reason you can't have a "saving"

You don't have children, what are you now finishing 400k on per month .. nah something is missing

You won't understand

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saviola86: 5:57pm On Jan 23
Fatbam005:
Shut up liar.

Ok

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Saviola86: 5:58pm On Jan 23
Greenback:

Guy you don't earn bad at all,in fact,you earn very good...what's left is for you to make plans

How
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Bigmospa: 5:58pm On Jan 23
[quote author=Resetinc post=128087988]Hahahaha
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23
Omor it has really been tough, especially as a student getting little funds from sponsor... As them don pay fees, the rest is on you bru. To be honest it has been a hell in a cell but God has always had a way to feed me, since it is hard to get a part time job.
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Wearetheugliest: 6:02pm On Jan 23
RapportNaija:
To answer your question, I'll use this popular Nigerian phrase, "Na God"

Because if not God, how are we truly surviving?

I have a family of 4 (1 toddler included).

We cook proper soup twice a week (3-5k each when managing funds)

Our first child does heavy snacking and her most preferred food is Golden Morn, Coco Pops, or Oat and milk.

Our toddler is still on baby formula milk.

I consume alcohol too (no shame, sorry not sorry - at least 2 bottles of beer daily)

We buy half bag of rice every 2-3 months, and then split the rest of my food budget on spaghetti, noodles, Garri, semo, Amala, groundnut oil, palm oil, etc.

All of this on which income? My woman earns less than 30k/month as a primary school teacher.

I freelance (earn in $$$s)...but income is nearly always inconsistent.

In the past 8 months, things have become tougher. No thanks to the rise of Artificial Intelligence (that's stolen most clients) and harsh APC Naija economy.

All income now goes to feeding and paying regular bills like TV, internet, cooking gas, power supply, water, cleaning, etc.

We can barely afford new clothes or replace our old/damaged gadgets.

It's time to leave this country!
Walai I go follow una comot this country oh cry
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Bigmospa: 6:03pm On Jan 23
[quote author=OdenKelechi post=128089407]

God go punish you and your foolish Asiwaju[/quote Oga try to be calming down na haba lol

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by BlackyOne: 6:03pm On Jan 23
EmekaBlue:
U get mind?!

Survival instinct, na dog chop dog season be this oo
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Thebest12(m): 6:05pm On Jan 23
EbenezerTriumph:
the guy no get eye see sarcasm

That guy wasn't been sarcastic. Go through his former comments and see
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by bluefilm: 6:07pm On Jan 23
elimsun:
So I went to purchase some household items at a popular joint in Ikotun. I requested for four painters of garri and was told 10k!! I had to repeat my request that it was four painters and not half bag oo. The seller smiled and confirmed the price.
WTF!! 10k for just four painters of garri, that means a painter will go for 2k.
I sadly had to cut my budget to meet up with the money I had at hand. On my way home, I kept wondering how ordinary Nigerians like us will survive if things keep on skyrocketing like this.

Pls anyone with a better idea on how to survive this harsh economy should help. For the record, I don't and can't do yahoo so pls don't suggest it.

If you voted for APC in the last election, then you have no right to be complaining about the rise in the cost of food items.

Just continue standing on his manhood mandate, and everything go dey alright

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by LalastiklaIa(m): 6:12pm On Jan 23
Nasri100:

Some of those people have already adjusted to suffering so you can’t blame them.

Once they see a job that is paying them poverty salary next thing is to be thinking of marriage and giving birth to 500 kids

Then when they are sacked from the job or the worst happens you will see the wailing topics on Nairaland

Let me give you sample:

“Please help my wife is threatening to leave me with 4 kids after I lost my job”

grin

Guy grin
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EbenezerTriumph: 6:16pm On Jan 23
Thebest12:

That guy wasn't been sarcastic. Go through his former comments and see
i thought he was sarcasm till I went through his former comments and then i knew he wasn't joking
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by verybadmouth(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23
Saintinoo:

You must feel it, it is expected that the number of clients/customers will reduce because of increase in fees of your services. Many will look for alternative, but still, there are businesses that are not really affected.
I must confess, you're right!
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Kingrshd3: 6:42pm On Jan 23
LalastiklaIa:

You even get mind o. 70k and u get mind marry still born 1 and even add another one on top. Wow undecided

Let me be earning 500k as a bachelor. I can not have a girlfriend not to talk of wife and kids. Una dey try sha
U can't compare what 70k is doing in Jonathan time and Nigeria of today na .

My rent alone is 350k annually..

D cost of rent alone has finished d money so na side hustle I take dey backup with the peanut salary bro

If you wait until u get million job before getting married then u will remain single until 70years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23
BlackyOne:

Survival instinct, na dog chop dog season be this oo
I fit quote u on one dead thread link you up

U just do the picking and deliver
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by LalastiklaIa(m): 6:48pm On Jan 23
Kingrshd3:

U can't compare what 70k is doing in Jonathan time and Nigeria of today na .

My rent alone is 350k annually..

D cost of rent alone has finished d money so na side hustle I take dey backup with the peanut salary bro

If you wait until u get million job before getting married then u will remain single until 70years

grin so you know my destiny and what I'll be earning that you think I'll be 70 before I can earn just $1000 a month
Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Skoolextra: 6:49pm On Jan 23
Learn to buy things in bulk. Especially meat . Buy from abbaotoir that would last for at least a month. For Lovers of fish buy a carton or half from cold room. For a family you will be saving a minimum of 50k. Lastly, get your tomatoes and pepper from major market in large quantity and preserve them in your freezer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Mopolchi: 6:55pm On Jan 23
Yampotatocarrot:

Egg is 150, bro... Una own still cheap... Half paint of garri (white o) is 1k, one paint is 2k
omo 😳 your side cost well well. 1000 naira fit buy one painter of white Garri dis side

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by Kingrshd3: 6:55pm On Jan 23
LalastiklaIa:

grin so you know my destiny and what I'll be earning that you think I'll be 70 before I can earn just $1000 a month

😂 My brother u can't have it all in life even Tinubu kneel dey pain am base on all d billions he had ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family / Recipe For Ukazi And Uha(ora) Soup / Steak Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.