Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? (13371 Views)

Man Gets First Haircut In 15 Years To Join Army — See The Transformation / Haircut Styles For Black Men / Trending And Stylish Fade Haircut For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Abujaexpress: 10:30am On Jan 24
Ozommadu:
There seems to be no end in sight to the incessant increase in the cost of virtually everything in Nigeria, from transportation cost, housing, food and worst redundant Salary.

Imagine taken your nephews or children to have a nice hair cut which was #100 four years ago, #150 two years ago and #200 just last year before Christmas. Only to see that the haircut you'll still return to in max 3weeks is now #400.

How do Average Nigerians survive? Those with four to six children? Those on minimum wage

Yet people who were vocal in the past years against inflation and bad government has gone mute. What is really happening in Nigeria.

Have Nigerians adapted to surviving and just taking anything from the people they voted in power

Abeg oo fellow nairalanders with family and kids, how una dey do am No be to go learn this thing?
Go and get a rechargeable clipper from online stores and start cutting your children's hair yoursef

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:31am On Jan 24
Paraman:
There was a lot of people suffering under Jonathan. How much is fuel in 1999? How much is a bag of rice in 1999?

Suffering started in Nigeria in Nigeria more than 33 years aho
Exchange rate was fairly stable during Goodluck Administration. Therefore the prices of most goods and services were stable. Inflation rate was single digit.

Now inflation rate is double digit almost 50%
Prices of goods and services are rising on a daily basis because the naira is being devalued on a per second rate. In all these salaries have deliberately not been reviewed upward that's why the hardship is so excruciating.

Now it is so bad that if a worker in either the public or private sector does not embezzle organisation funds, that person cannot feed well.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Ekaka14: 10:31am On Jan 24
Yo....to answer your question of "Where are we heading to" I simply say, let's head back to Afro...dat's all grin

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by spartachico(m): 10:33am On Jan 24
YOU ARE LUCKY ... COME TO ABULE EGBA
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Kinzo0917(m): 10:34am On Jan 24
fergie001:
Are you sure this is not old price list?

N700 for adult haircut, where abeg?

In kubwa in abuja is 500hundred. Cant say it is everywhere in kubwa sha

But inside abuja main town ,e go be between 1500 to 2k if not more
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by PrinceGallant: 10:34am On Jan 24
Though your tone emitted some nauseating idea while you mentioned people muted, it is glaring where you are standing... ,Nonethess, I advise you to go and buy a rechargeable clipper for your kids, barbing a kid's hair requires no skill.

As per inflation, it is unfortunate that greediness of everyone of us are the reasons why prices are skyrocketed. Imagine a pack of 7up that contains twelve bottles is N2,400 which means it is N200/unit. If retailer sells each bottle for N250, that is profit of N50 on each bottle, but because we are greed, it is N300. We don't want small profit.

And that is how it happens in every market.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by motionarena: 10:34am On Jan 24
Tochi3:
grin

..let those who brought the cocain sniffer & their children wear the renewed hopelessness t shirt anytime they need an hair cut..

Calling your president a cocaine sniffer, u must be a big fuuuuuuuul

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by bestman09(m): 10:35am On Jan 24
bestman09:

I stay in Ibadan too, Apete area. I barb twice weekly and suddenly my barber jacked up the price to N1000, making it over N8000 monthly for barbing my hair. I sharperly turned to a barber and started barbing my hair myself with a shaving stick, not a clipper o. My haircut is skin cut, no stile. Even my barber thinks I changed to another barber shop and has been trying to beg me to come back. Everyone must be an economist in this tinubu government. angry grin grin Cost of barbing my hair now is about N50 as I use the N150 shaving stick 3 times before I discard it.
bestman09:
angry
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by yusuf0876(m): 10:37am On Jan 24
Ozommadu:
There seems to be no end in sight to the incessant increase in the cost of virtually everything in Nigeria, from transportation cost, housing, food and worst redundant Salary.

Imagine taken your nephews or children to have a nice hair cut which was #100 four years ago, #150 two years ago and #200 just last year before Christmas. Only to see that the haircut you'll still return to in max 3weeks is now #400.

How do Average Nigerians survive? Those with four to six children? Those on minimum wage

Yet people who were vocal in the past years against inflation and bad government has gone mute. What is really happening in Nigeria.

Have Nigerians adapted to surviving and just taking anything from the people they voted in power

Abeg oo fellow nairalanders with family and kids, how una dey do am No be to go learn this thing?
in this economy,one has to think of ways of reducing how we spend, for me I have a good rechargeable clipper for me and my family and that's what we use, I don't have #1000 for barber

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:38am On Jan 24
It is well in Nigeria ooooo

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by ParagonPrick: 10:38am On Jan 24
Lanretoye:
mumu man,shay u see seun post account balance for him own platform.most of una no get sense atall.kidnapper,comman see account balance nah
See one of the unfortunate imbe that support this government, that your phone repair hustle that you feel sustains you will soon cast. Your life go soon spoil no worry, you'll soon come here to beg for 500 naira because the suffering and lack that'll hit you will be unprecedented

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Ensa777(f): 10:38am On Jan 24
Ozommadu:

Yeah it's the same price list in my locality but I now alternate. I have Clipper so I learnt to barb my sons by myself from watching their barbers over the years.Simple styles but during important outings or school events,I take them to the barber for more funky hairstyles and also to service the clipper.

On the norm now if I even want to take them to their barbershop,they will be saying mummy no,barb us yourself. grin so yeah my work is appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by ogbe88(m): 10:39am On Jan 24
Paraman:
This is not the first time there will be hardship in Nigeria.

Under Jonathan, people endured and didn't protest, under Buhari, people endured and didn't protest. We will also endure this little hardship under Tinubu till things start getting better.Things will be better in Nigeria by this time next year sha, so let's endure a little bit more
Who is this lunatic.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Tochi3(m): 10:40am On Jan 24
motionarena:

Calling your president a cocaine sniffer, u must be a big fuuuuuuuul
.." your President " not minegrin grin

the bulaba monkey is a Cocain gobbling sniffer who has has destroyed the country due to his inept & town hall understanding of goverance..

..oya do your worst..

MOds una dey see the insult from the Nairalander abi.. grin grin. When I start..ok o..

..nevertheless Thief'nubu is a cocain sniffer

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Ray07(m): 10:41am On Jan 24
Geovanni412:

Why do you guys like to bring every issue online?

Here is the simple solution to save the money but you may not like it:

Barb your children skin or molo. That way, you don't need to cut their hair for at least two months
why won't they the bring it online oga. Are you happy with the situation of things ?
In a country most people earn $8 a month.
Just because you the see chop no mean say others the see chop.
Depression and suicidal thoughts everywhere now

This is no life please. People are barely surviving in this hell of a country. It no longer from hand to mouth, na jungle we dey.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by malikombi(m): 10:43am On Jan 24
I bought a clipper at 9k sometimes in 2022 and my wife also already learnt how to do the barbing for the kids.
Meanwhile, I have always been on low cut for over a year and it's my wife who do the work....
However, everything in the south always seem to be expensive when compared to the north here.....it was just recently they increased the barbing fee for teenagers to #100 while adult is just a double of that amount...

3 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Lanretoye(m): 10:43am On Jan 24
ParagonPrick:
See one of the unfortunate imbe that support this government, that your phone repair hustle that you feel sustains you will soon cast. Your life go soon spoil no worry.
lol wey dey pray say make person own spoil,you don already finish.you can only cast my business if you cam stop the use of phones,computers and other gadgets.you see that in your dream life,your brain will always be dead.
Thank God that im not into scam and vices as a youth of this country,post your legit business and let people see.you dont have any,you see why suffer dey bash you front back and center.
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Ray07(m): 10:43am On Jan 24
ogbe88:
Who is this lunatic.
No mind the kid. His still been fed by his parent.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Paraman: 10:43am On Jan 24
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Exchange rate was fairly stable during Goodluck Administration. Therefore the prices of most goods and services were stable. Inflation rate was single digit.

Now inflation rate is double digit almost 50%
Prices of goods and services are rising on a daily basis because the naira is being devalued on a per second rate. In all these salaries have deliberately not been reviewed upward that's why the hardship is so excruciating.

Now it is so bad that if a worker in either the public or private sector does not embezzle organisation funds, that person cannot feed well.
Things were also hard under Jonathan. Prices of goods and services were shooting up under him, especially after he increased the price of fuel, diesel and kerosene.

How much is the minimum wage under Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Josephilemona(m): 10:44am On Jan 24
Beremx:
I bought oraimo clipper and that's what my husband uses for shaving him and his son's hair. Who has money to waste?
very nice idea, it the same thing i did, for the past 4 month i have not spend dime in any useless salon.
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by twilliamx(m): 10:45am On Jan 24
spencekat:
That one na away. Away and Home no be same.
Where una dey even see 400naira hair barb. I don dey barb 1k for over 3years

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by ParagonPrick: 10:47am On Jan 24
Lanretoye:
lol wey dey pray say make person own spoil,you don already finish.you can only cast my business if you cam stop the use of phones,computers and other gadgets.you see that in your dream life,your brain will always be dead.
Thank God that im not into scam and vices as a youth of this country,post your legit business and let people see.you dont have any,you see why suffer dey bash you front back and center.
LOL see who dey talk, your business will go under, you'll become more miserable than a church rat, we have seen people who have millions that later became poor. That one dey happen well, it will be your lot by God's grace, same will apply to all those who support this government. May eternal curses befall you and your generations yet unborn

You this pathetic vermin, people are suffering you dey talk rubbish , na thunder go kee you
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Yuri141: 10:48am On Jan 24
fergie001:
Are you sure this is not old price list?

N700 for adult haircut, where abeg?

must definitely be old price list because adult price is 1500. lowest 1000
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by meedoLock(m): 10:49am On Jan 24
Eeeeeeishhh!!! But why ur head get serious galloping and pot holes like this?

Na play oo grin grin

What a nice head cover grin grin
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by oyeb15: 10:50am On Jan 24
The situation is getting too bad to manage these days. Fuel is expensive, they don't repair road, inflation ,

I change my vehicle brake pads every 2 weeks now unlike before which use to be like every three months. The price has even double.

What sort of president do we have in Nigeria.

Tinubu is causing problem everyday and he incapable. He should return our fuel to N175.thats d only solution to d problem on ground.
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by miqos02(m): 10:50am On Jan 24
Solution :

BUY CLIPPER AND BARB YOURSELF

no one will sanction you in your house

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:50am On Jan 24
Ozommadu:

I cut my hair and my sons' hair myself.

Have done so for years.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by chidiakwari: 10:51am On Jan 24
Children’s haircut for 400 is quite cheap. Are you guys crazy? N400 cannot even buy sardine or bread.

What planet are you cowards from?

You better go and protest and stop being a loser

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by spencekat(m): 10:51am On Jan 24
twilliamx:

Where una dey even see 400naira hair barb. I don dey barb 1k for over 3years
Children haircut or adult haircut? Prices for haircut are hugely determined by the salon ambience and location too.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by miqos02(m): 10:52am On Jan 24
Jeezuzpick:

I cut my hair and my sons' hair myself.

Have done so for years.
been doing that for over 12 years now

1 Like

Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Tranquility2345: 10:56am On Jan 24
Ozommadu:

You must be a very poor man to be complaining about paying 400 naira for a haircut. Do yourself a favour and start cutting their hair by yourself. E go better!
Re: Inflation: Children's Haircut Now #400, Where Are We Heading To? by Tranquility2345: 10:57am On Jan 24
chidiakwari:
Children’s haircut for 400 is quite cheap. Are you guys crazy? N400 cannot even buy sardine or bread.

What planet are you cowards from?

You better go and protest and stop being a loser

Don’t mind those idiots. The same ones complaining are paying olosho thousands of naira…

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If A Bra Is Worth $2.5 Million, Is It Still A Bra? / TECNO Sponsors LFBW2017 As Fashion Meets Technology. / Omoredo Juliet Emerges As Miss Comely Queen Nigeria 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.