Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina (30970 Views)

Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh / Court Asked To Sack Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari, Boss Mustapha / Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Spotted Wearing (n17.6m) Patel Philippe Wrist Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Thonyboy: 5:22pm On Jan 23
A former presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, has revealed why the late Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari, had issues with him till death.

Adesina disclosed that he endured a strained relationship with Kyari from the onset of his appointment.

He noted that the late Chief of Staff refused to grant him unhindered access to the President, despite Buhari’s directive to that effect.

In his book, ‘Working with Buhari: Reflections of a Special Adviser, Media and Publicity (2015-2023)’, Adesina claimed that Kyari deliberately prevented Buhari from funding the operations of the presidential media office for five years.

Adesina said in the book, “In June 2015, I had done a memo to the President, recommending some people to be taken on as staff in the Media Department. They had gone through the campaign and struggles with us and pedestaled themselves as dyed-in-the-wool Buharists. They were from different parts of the country.

“I explained that much to Mr. President the day I took the memo to him. He thanked me and said he would pass it to the SGF (Secretary to Government of the Federation) when he appointed one, so it would be on record. Fair enough.

“When a COS (Chief of Staff) and SGF were appointed, the President directed the memo to the COS. Also in order. But Malam Kyari just sat on it for the next one year. He did not say anything on it.

Eventually, my colleague, Garba Shehu, went to see him. And he confessed to Shehu that he shunned the memo because I had taken it directly to the President. But the June date on it was clear. He had not even been appointed then.

“The second had to do with funding of the Media Department. There was no budget line, and funds were usually provided by the Office of the NSA, as needs arose. I had consulted with two of my predecessors, Dr. Reuben Abati, and Ima Niboro, who had briefed me.

Media and publicity is not cheap, not anywhere in the world, but it would amaze you that we operated for five years without a dime. After the NSA was appointed, I went to meet and brief him about how publicity was usually funded from his office. It was a Friday, and he promised that anything that would make me and the man we had come to serve succeed, he would do.

“Exactly a week later, after the Jumat service, the NSA walked into my office, with his two hands in the air. I asked what the matter was. He told me he had received a memo from the President, directing that nothing, absolutely nothing, must be funded from his office, except security. In the light of that, the promise he had made me was no longer tenable.

“I thanked him and said I would meet the President. And I did. That very night, in the house. I remember that it was only myself and General Dambazau that were waiting to see him. He is a senior friend, and I told him the purpose of my visit.

“He was quite surprised that over three months media and publicity was not being funded yet.

“He asked how we were doing it, and I said myself and Shehu were using goodwill.

“When I met the President and told him of my encounter with the NSA, he confirmed that he gave the directive, and explained why.”

He quoted Buhari as saying, “A lot was done through the Office of the NSA, and there were no records. I do not want that. We will institute a probe into the activities of the office (it was eventually done), and you will see what happened there. I don’t want the media funded from there again.

“Meet the Chief of Staff and let him design how we would be funding media.”

Adesina narrates further: “The next day, I went to see the COS in the office. I had just started talking, when he impatiently started to say: ‘No, no, no. Media is not funded from here. Media is not funded from here.’ He would not even give me a chance to talk. And lest I appear as someone just after funding, for what I would gain, I left his office and never went back to the President. For the first five years, the media did not receive one naira, till the SGF, Boss Mustapha, heard about it and designed a budget line from his office.

It was not up to what was required, but it was better than nothing.

“Third encounter. A retired General, someone well respected in the country, had wanted to see the President.

“Many times, he applied through the office of COS, which is the proper channel. He never got feedback. So he phoned and asked me to intervene since the issue he wanted to discuss was quite serious. I went to the President, and mentioned the General, and why he needed to come see him.

The President just said: ‘Tell SCOP to schedule him for 8:00 pm tomorrow in the house.’ I passed on the word and left for my office. I had not been seated for five minutes when my intercom rang. It was the COS who wanted me to come to his office.

He started screaming as I entered: ‘Why did you get an appointment for Gen..? Why did you? You always go behind me to relate with the President. You have to stop it.’

“Remember the President’s instructions to me the day I resumed work: ‘Do not let anybody stop you from seeing me. Anytime you need to see me, just come.’ I never abused that rain check but went to see the President only when it was totally necessary, throughout the eight years. And he was always gracious to me.

But apparently, it became an issue with Malam Abba, so we were not quite chummy, but we were also not enemies.”

https://.ng/2024/01/23/why-buharis-late-chief-of-staff-abba-kyari-had-issues-with-me-till-death-adesina/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Elieh: 5:24pm On Jan 23
Its inconsequential talking about the dead many years later

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by MissJ0(f): 5:26pm On Jan 23
But it's of no use any longer,or is it?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by correctyourself(m): 5:46pm On Jan 23
Some people are just like that it's good you played your own role and move forward.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Epistasis(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23
Femi Femo...but Kyari can't defend himself now. How can we know that you are not lying.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by SalamRushdie: 6:01pm On Jan 23
He blocked you from eating NSA funds and you are not happy

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by nairavsdollars(f): 6:04pm On Jan 23
Basket mouth...what is the relevance of all these senseless stories today ?

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by illicit(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23
I guess Abba was deliberately infected with Covid 19

🥵

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:10pm On Jan 23
Femi Adesina should also tell us about Prof Gambari whom he called Abacha's bootlicker or he has no tales to tell since the man is alive

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by lilytender: 6:20pm On Jan 23
The useless fool is now dead and buried unceremoniously. Ogun don kee him Mama

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by lilytender: 6:21pm On Jan 23
illicit:
I guess Abba was deliberately infected with Covid 19

🥵

Yes, we did it. So, what are you going to do about it. Shebi na we create COVID-19 nah.

I wonder if you people think before posting

17 Likes

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by lilytender: 6:23pm On Jan 23
Varunpulyani:
These Ewedu miscreant and constant rubbish

Una go cry tire. We ran the show for 8 years under Buhari, we are running it for another 8 years. It's worth your cries and tears

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Rexymania(m): 6:24pm On Jan 23
Humans will be humans. He was apparently unhappy bcus you showed the boss the memo first before him.... Hmmm pride

12 Likes

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Varunpulyani: 6:25pm On Jan 23
lilytender:

Una go cry tire. We ran the show for 8 years under Buhari, we are running it for another 8 years. It's worth your cries and tears

Toh , and e stop ebi npa wa?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by illicit(m): 6:26pm On Jan 23
lilytender:

Yes, we did it. So, what are you going to do about it. Shebi na we create COVID-19 nah.

I wonder if you people think before posting

Well if u did it

That's nice

I never liked d guy too

2 Likes

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Bobloco: 6:33pm On Jan 23
The dead tell no tales

Abba Kyari isn't here to defend himself

Femi, I hope you wrote how you told us to give up our ancestral lands for ranching or be killed by marauding killer herdsmen.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23
Epistasis:
Femi Femo...but Kyari can't defend himself now. How can we know that you are not lying.
E nor even consign us, we're still facing terrible battle for survival

1 Like

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by abhosts(m): 6:53pm On Jan 23
LOL. It is obvious that Femi is a narcissist that enjoys hearing himself speak. Why not wait for Nigeria to improve before releasing this useless book?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23
SalamRushdie:
He blocked you from eating NSA funds and you are not happy

It's buhari not cos
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by datola: 8:27pm On Jan 23
Wow. Aba Kiyari!
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by ProudNigerian01: 8:28pm On Jan 23
All these excerpts is free adverts for Adeshina's book. With the way it's going, it may turn out to be a best seller.

Originakalokalo has a message for you guys

Originakalokalo:
Do you know Jesus?

He is the saviour of the world.

If you have him, your sins are forgiven.

If you don't, your sins remain. Jesus himself confirmed this.

...and if you die in your sins, you can't stand in the presence of a holy God.

Are you sure of life after death?

If you close your eyes in death now, what's your hope?

I have Jesus and I have a home after here.

You?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Karlifate: 8:29pm On Jan 23
And this is an elder in Foursquare Gospel Church

Wonders!

4 Likes

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by lonelydora: 8:29pm On Jan 23
Femi Adesina, you are an akpa amu. God will never forgive you and Buhari for putting Nigeria in this current mess.

By the way, who asked you all these things you are capping?

3 Likes

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by bewla(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23
After
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by bewla(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23
Karlifate:
And this is an elder in Foursquare Gospel Church

Wonders!
why not before his death so he can defend him self

1 Like

Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by chiefolododo(m): 8:30pm On Jan 23
Ok
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by adesegun121(m): 8:30pm On Jan 23
Wo enough jare
Adesina

Kini wahala e
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Edoreborn: 8:31pm On Jan 23
E
Re: Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina by Judolisco(m): 8:31pm On Jan 23
So d NSA funds d presidential media.... No wonder abati was arrested with dasuki but later released....

Mr adesina why people no like you be say.... U and your brother garba shehu virtually abused everyone that was not praising buhari's government, ur boss was driving Nigerians backwards and u expect us to keep shut? the only people u didn't talk trash to was Niger delta militants....

All dis rubbish u wrote here na because dem no give u money and d people wey u wan reward through backdoor dem no appoint any of them...

So na free work u do for buhari bdat... Free work but left creating more enemies than friends for yourself

See how abati has been enjoying himself after leaving power, even returning back to work, na because he no do pass himself oh

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Guber : APC Shares N500 To Market Women, Okada Riders And Artisans (VIDEO) / Deborah Samuel's Killers Are Being Held In A Correctional Center - Police / 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.