Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso (11454 Views)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Senate Panel Summons CBN Governor Cardoso Over Naira Free Fall / Babachir Lawal: CBN Governor Cardoso Has Patch-Patch CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by oyeb15: 4:18pm On Jan 24
This CBN governor is a journalist not an economist
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by lexy2014: 4:23pm On Jan 24
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/inflation-to-fall-in-2024-cardoso/?amp
.. when we get to 2024, they will postpone it to 2025.

But wait oh. We are in 2024
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by lexy2014: 4:26pm On Jan 24
chidiokay:

The major forces behind Inflation in Nigeria is human & greed factor, nigerians are inconsiderate, we all chose to exploit one another so cost will continue to rise

Hmmm...that means fuel and dollars didn't contribute a kobo to inflation
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Brushstrokes20: 4:30pm On Jan 24
In your dumbest dreams right grin
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by ceejay80s(m): 4:32pm On Jan 24
U are making it look as if my landlord will reduce house rent
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by plaetton: 4:34pm On Jan 24
Slytiger:
That's common knowledge for anyone following world economics. The US, Canada, EU e.t.c have stopped raising interest rate. There will likely be cuts starting from middle of this year.

That's because alot of Nigerian traders are normally greedy people.
Stop writing nonsense, as if you understand what you're talking about.
What does inflation in Nigeria have to do with Canada and the US ?
The moment you went in that direction was when it became obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

Nigeria is a failed state. No economic theory or standard economic model works in Nigeria.

There are a thousand reasons why inflation will never drop in the foreseeable future in Nigeria, but let me just give one.

The Nigerian economy is perhaps the only economy in the world that is run entirely on individual generators, powered by imported fuels, paid for in USD$ and subsidized with funds borrowed from other countries or international financial institutions.

Think about that.

And that is just one reason.

If you factor in corruption, disruptions in agricultural output as a result of terrorism and banditry,
There is no way in the world, no policy model, no voodoo, no Hail Marys, that the CBN can ever control inflation.
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Houseontherock1: 4:36pm On Jan 24
Only two things can bring down inflation in Nigeria as it is: 1. Reduced cost of petrol and diesel and 2. Better exchange rate for the naira. How you will do it we don't know
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by BABANGBALI: 4:39pm On Jan 24
Audio falling. Na mannabbqgrils I just dey pity. The rat business is no longer booming like before
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by BABANGBALI: 4:42pm On Jan 24
lexy2014:
.. when we get to 2024, they will postpone it to 2025.

But wait oh. We are in 2024
inflation has come to stay in Nigeria. Infact its already building its headquarters in Abuja
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Paraman: 4:43pm On Jan 24
Zeebuy:

Make una no dey talk this nonsense. Stop shifting the blame on Nigerians. The reason dollar is increasing is because we don't export, not because of importations. And the reason we don't export is because of how difficult it is to do business in this country. If successive administrations improved this country, we won't be where we are. Stop accusing the masses

You guys initially started by blaming the past PDP administration, then blamed wholesellers,now you're blaming the masses. Tomorrow, una fit blame God
What do you mean by Nigerians don't export?
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by blowjohn(m): 4:45pm On Jan 24
grin grin grin

Looool

Na statistics we go chop?

Verbal jargons that translate to nothing
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Trimjos: 4:46pm On Jan 24
chidiokay:

The major forces behind Inflation in Nigeria is human & greed factor, nigerians are inconsiderate, we all chose to exploit one another so cost will continue to rise

Shut up and quit talking trash. Hold your govt responsible for the high inflation. If they cant perform as per reasons for electing them, they should fvck get out. Stop blaming citizens
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by LEGALSER: 4:48pm On Jan 24
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/inflation-to-fall-in-2024-cardoso/?amp

This guy is practically doing nothing. I was just thinking about him today after I checked exchange rate from Naira to pound. I feel the office of CBN Governor is bigger than him and he doesn't just know what to do
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by thisisit: 4:50pm On Jan 24
ANOTHER CLASSICAL LIE !!
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by PropertyScout(m): 4:50pm On Jan 24
For individuals, keeping your money in the bank is the worst strategy during a period of high inflation. 100,000 Naira kept in a savings account at the beginning of January 2023 had lost so much value by December 2023

Here are 8 ways to fight inflation in Nigeria.
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Zeebuy: 4:52pm On Jan 24
Paraman:
What do you mean by Nigerians don't export?
We don't make enough exports that'll buoy our currency.

If we export more, we'll earn more foreign currency
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Paraman: 4:54pm On Jan 24
Zeebuy:

We don't make enough exports that'll buoy our currency.

If we export more, we'll earn more foreign currency
We export more than countries like Namibia and Botswana, but their currency is better than Nigeria currency
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by specialofficer: 5:15pm On Jan 24
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by coleon(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24
This useless man that got CBN job by quota system and politics is just making pronouncement without any concrete action but giving APC zombies hope that is backed by nothing.
Since he assumed office as CBN governor he's yet to convene a MPC meeting and no single monetary policy has been initiated but he's banking on hope to reduce inflation.
He has politicized CBN and he's appointing APC members as directors in sallient departments in CBN while naira has fallen to 1400 under his watch but he's telling APC zombies that inflation will fall while doing nothing to stem the tide but only hoping.
God will make all of you suffer a miserable death including your evil supporters.
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by autodoctor: 5:31pm On Jan 24
We don hear am again. Episode 10, season 1 pls
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by bluefilm: 5:32pm On Jan 24
Story for the gods
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by chidiokay: 5:45pm On Jan 24
Trimjos:

Shut up and quit talking trash. Hold your govt responsible for the high inflation. If they cant perform as per reasons for electing them, they should fvck get out. Stop blaming citizens

i am aware there are always myopic thinkers around not surprise,
I said human factor & greed, why do you feel govt is excluded or are the people in govt not humans, a local fool like are incapable comprehension
All these years we have being pointing finger at the govt and putting all the blame on the govt what as changed, if govt is the only culprit are the masses saint
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by chidiokay: 5:56pm On Jan 24
lexy2014:

Hmmm...that means fuel and dollars didn't contribute a kobo to inflation

Who are those behind local refineries not working despite all the funds sinked in ... is it not human factor & greed
if our refineries are function will we be importing fuel & dollarizing our economy

who are collecting dollar @ FX windows and diverting it, who are those hoard the dollar and pitching it against the Naira for huge gains

If Importers/marketers are sincere and not hoarding or diverting funds from official FX into black market to maximize gains won't things be better ..
Show me how human factor & greed is not in all of Nigeria challenges
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by olaniyilukman(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24
adesegun121:
If you like, listen to social media people and don’t network and be waiting for government to do wonders in your life, ebi a pa kisa si e lara
baba you dey vex oh....
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by lexy2014: 6:18pm On Jan 24
chidiokay:

Who are those behind local refineries not working despite all the funds sinked in ... is it not human factor & greed
if our refineries are function will we be importing fuel & dollarizing our economy

who are collecting dollar @ FX windows and diverting it, who are those hoard the dollar and pitching it against the Naira for huge gains

If Importers/marketers are sincere and not hoarding or diverting funds from official FX into black market to maximize gains won't things be better ..
Show me how human factor & greed is not in all of Nigeria challenges
.did price of fuel, diesel and kerosene increase?

Why did it increase?

Did dollar increaaa?

Why did it increase?
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by iLegendd(m): 6:21pm On Jan 24
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by ufuosman(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24
Joker
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by Sunday2021: 6:55pm On Jan 24
Only agbado miscreants will believe this clown.
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by worksmart(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24
Governance by deception, propaganda and false promises.

Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by SAMAJ: 7:28pm On Jan 24
StarRida:
Which year are we in please somebody should remind me again.....otumba lamba on the beat again

This one is Oba Lamba.
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by specialofficer: 7:35pm On Jan 24
iLegendd:

please sir , I'm really on my knees
Re: Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso by 7lives: 9:07pm On Jan 24
crossfm:
Hehehe.

And the blind permutations continue grin cheesy.

Inflation will fall only in his imagination and paper. Oga just da whine Nigerians,he should go out of his well furnished office and see the plight of Nigerians.

These guys are really out of touch with reality.

I know this kind news is not good for your health, when inflation begin fall, climb on top of a table and use your head to hold am up make e no fall.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Must-watch Video Of Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon With Sahara Reporter / President Buhari Instructs AGF To Investigate Accused Top Govt Officials / NYSC Pulls Out Corpers From Rivers Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.