Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers (39583 Views)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Iluvmycontr3: 11:50am On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:
But pastor Ibiyeomie you'll collect tithe and first seed
You'll pay any pastor you invite to your church and get paid when you're invited to another church
You'll still pay gospel artistes who will come to perform in your church...
But instrumentalists like drummers, pianists, guitarists should play for free because na only u get needs and they didn't pay to learn their craft 🙄

#One said the neighbours of his members wl beg them for assistance

#And this one is here saying instrumentalists that collect money for their services will never get out of poverty

,,,,,Are all these scriptural? I guess NO🤦‍♂️

ONLY in Nigeria 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Sleekfingers: 11:51am On Jan 28
Expanse2020:
Who do Christianity like this....you ppl should grow up for being played like sheep..sheep self don de wise pas
s una

Nigerian Christians.....
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by blackgold2018(m): 11:51am On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:

It's God work They are not suppose to be paid.
sharap!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Sleekfingers: 11:52am On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:
“If You Ever Get Paid For Rendering Service In The Church, You'll Never Come Out Of Poverty In This Life” — Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers, Others

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0pAMVcBxhUhJVFHbEzKygJpfKEgTJkVUAcJ5gcu2mUgwzCjhJiUpyULh72jdURh77l&id=100009219179933&mibextid=2JQ9oc

Another pulpit bandit has spoken......
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Richfan: 11:55am On Jan 28
To me, what ever service you render in the church is to God and it is God that will reward you for it. But when you demand for a pay for a service you render to God in the church which is one way to attract God blessings, then that an error.

Them, let's also get it that, there are some professional instrumentalist who are very good at what they do.. they might not really be Christians so they play such instruments for a living..so if a church invites them to play for them, I don't see anything bad if they demand for a pay because it's what they do for a living...but if they decide to do it free sometimes as they are lead in their spirit by God, then it's very ok

Also, for instance, gospel Artist, they charge a few when invited .. that fees covers their logistics and that if their team members and welfare..Also from that fee they have to earn a living and pay their bills because that is what they do...but money shouldn't always be the first and for most thing to consider whenever they are invited...
Some charge exorbitant prices which is not good..

But if a gospel Artist or instrumentalist decides to play or sing for free in all the places he or she is invited to as their worship sacrifice to God, it's is a good thing and when God will bless such a person, it will be like a wild fire but that doesn't mean the people inviting them shouldn't use their hand and give them envelop. Giving envelope to any instrumentalist after playing in an invitation is never a bad thing....

This is just my take on this issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Obierika(m): 11:57am On Jan 28
See manipulation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by justking(m): 11:59am On Jan 28
I don't totally agree to that....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by D4gmail1: 12:00pm On Jan 28
Good to see many of people are now sensible in this forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Rach310(f): 12:04pm On Jan 28
It's really saddening that churches now are not focused on the true work of God,they have really made a lot backslide,I never thought there would be a day it will be this difficult to find a church to worship cause all of them looks the same,going to church now is just for going sake because everyone is working for his or her own pocket,its such a pity,may God help us cause christianity is drifting away from what its supposed to be and these pastors are not helping salvage it,what a pity.The little that these instrumentalist and singers will use to hold body even in this hard time is what you want to take away.
I respect you Sir but this is a no for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Wittysmith(m): 12:06pm On Jan 28
There are two main perspectives to this issue.

If the church is not yet financially stable, workers can offer their services free of charge.

If the church is financially stable and strong, there is nothing wrong in putting the musicians and others who offer relevant services on its payroll.

Receiving a salary for service rendered in church does not make it unacceptable to God. "You shall not muzzle the ox that treads the corn".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by rexesq(m): 12:06pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:
But pastor Ibiyeomie you'll collect tithe and first seed
You'll pay any pastor you invite to your church and get paid when you're invited to another church
You'll still pay gospel artistes who will come to perform in your church...
But instrumentalists like drummers, pianists, guitarists should play for free because na only u get needs and they didn't pay to learn their craft 🙄

Besides, you even mandate them to come for choir practice and other rehearsals, knowing too well that that time should have fetched them some income, or at least some rest from their day's struggle. If they want to play as a gift or freewill, no qualms.

Op, oil deh your head jare. No gree for any pastor

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Rach310(f): 12:09pm On Jan 28
But Pastors are on a payroll but these instrumentalist are not entitled to it,are they not also ministers of God.If they should be without pay then no pastor should be payed after all it's God you both are working for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Prozico22(m): 12:20pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:

Are u forbidden to work for God too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Originalsly: 12:24pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:

Is he the Pastor paid? It's people like this that worship their pastor ... ones that the pastor will exploit their wives and daughters in the name of service to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by denvers: 12:25pm On Jan 28
My question is how does he earn his living as a pastor?, Those who work in a place should be appreciated there in any form.
Someone who hasn't eaten cannot have the strength to blow trumphet - Albert Einstein (2024)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Oghene86: 12:40pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:
“If You Ever Get Paid For Rendering Service In The Church, You'll Never Come Out Of Poverty In This Life” — Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers, Others

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0pAMVcBxhUhJVFHbEzKygJpfKEgTJkVUAcJ5gcu2mUgwzCjhJiUpyULh72jdURh77l&id=100009219179933&mibextid=2JQ9oc

So all Administrative staff working for the church should not collect salaries including those teaching in your schools. Any scripture to back this up. Because I am just hearing this for the first time 😄,
I believe in whatever you say must be backed up by the Bible, if not it's not God's word for his people.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by BlackyOne: 12:44pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:

From someone living large and enjoying WORLDLY luxuries on tithe and offering from his gullible members grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Trustworthiness: 12:48pm On Jan 28
EnemyofGod2:

Who told you that he is correcting salary ? If he's correcting salary from his church as you claimed he is supposed to be poor according to him.

Where in the Bible is/are evidence (s) to support his statement? The god of man is only trying to scare them from demanding salary from the church for their service as they probably seen all or some pastors or others rendering service in the church being paid for their service to the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by olamike02: 12:52pm On Jan 28
It's a lie. Don't allow anyone to instill by fear in you. Is it the Holy spirit that reveal that to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Ulogwe1: 1:03pm On Jan 28
SensualMan1:
But he prays for u and u pay for the prayers directly/indirectly grin

You see these werey, Adeboye, Oyedepo and other fraudulent business men operating ministries, thunder will fire u all and ur generations.

I only pity their gullible followers. Ndi eriri eri!

The other ediot even said ur colleagues will beg u for bread cheesy

Adeboye I know, Oyedepo I know. Who is your father?

You will come internet space and be insulting people parents any how.

They are not the cause of your frustrations.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Pickieox(m): 1:11pm On Jan 28
SensualMan1:
But he prays for u and u pay for the prayers directly/indirectly grin

You see these werey, Adeboye, Oyedepo and other fraudulent business men operating ministries, thunder will fire u all and ur generations.

I only pity their gullible followers. Ndi eriri eri!

The other ediot even said ur colleagues will beg u for bread cheesy

Lol🤣🤣🤣
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Morbeta11(m): 1:22pm On Jan 28
Scam and greed are very dangerous combination..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by funshint(m): 1:31pm On Jan 28
These Pastors should stop playing God...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by bitbillionaire: 1:43pm On Jan 28
I just wonder, do we really have decent people in this type of church? If yes, what exactly are they doing in that type of place?

Some churches are not worth your time and energy
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by jojothaiv(m): 1:45pm On Jan 28
Some remarks and comments from the pulpit these days makes one wonder if going to church cut it anymore, the church have being bastardized as a money making center that only few can actually beat their chests and say we adhere to James 1:27 and even at that, the congregation keeps hitting ground zero while the laity feed fat on their gullibilty.

They have made God today to be seen as a businessman, it's pathetic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by linecrosser: 1:51pm On Jan 28
He has said the truth. It's not by force to agree
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by PotatoSalad(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28
Richfan:
To me, what ever service you render in the church is to God and it is God that will reward you for it. But when you demand for a pay for a service you render to God in the church which is one way to attract God blessings, then that an error.

Them, let's also get it that, there are some professional instrumentalist who are very good at what they do.. they might not really be Christians so they play such instruments for a living..so if a church invites them to play for them, I don't see anything bad if they demand for a pay because it's what they do for a living...but if they decide to do it free sometimes as they are lead in their spirit by God, then it's very ok

Also, for instance, gospel Artist, they charge a few when invited .. that fees covers their logistics and that if their team members and welfare..Also from that fee they have to earn a living and pay their bills because that is what they do...but money shouldn't always be the first and for most thing to consider whenever they are invited...
Some charge exorbitant prices which is not good..

But if a gospel Artist or instrumentalist decides to play or sing for free in all the places he or she is invited to as their worship sacrifice to God, it's is a good thing and when God will bless such a person, it will be like a wild fire but that doesn't mean the people inviting them shouldn't use their hand and give them envelop. Giving envelope to any instrumentalist after playing in an invitation is never a bad thing....

This is just my take on this issue
This your opinion is a reason why a lot of people have regrets later in life.
Besides, I've never heard of a gospel musician that went to a studio, when he was given a quote for a session, he said, "I want to sing for God" and the producer said wow come on in.
If you're not charging good money as a gospel artist, you're playing with your future. You won't remain on top forever. If your star shines, utilise it to its fullest.
It's only when it comes to instrumentalists getting paid that dem dey bring one dirty analogy.
Any church that invites you to perform, bill them well well. You prayed for a skill. God gave you one and some nonsense people wants to gaslight you to perform for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by EdiskyHarry: 2:14pm On Jan 28
I only pity those who take Nigerian GOs and pastors serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Iamzik: 2:15pm On Jan 28
Rach310:
It's really saddening that churches now are not focused on the true work of God,they have really made a lot backslide,I never thought there would be a day it will be this difficult to find a church to worship cause all of them looks the same,going to church now is just for going sake because everyone is working for his or her own pocket,its such a pity,may God help us cause christianity is drifting away from what its supposed to be and these pastors are not helping salvage it,what a pity.The little that these instrumentalist and singers will use to hold body even in this hard time is what you want to take away.
I respect you Sir but this is a no for me.

You captured my exact sentiments.

Sometimes it's very discouraging when you realize that most people who call themselves pastors are just out to build an empire for themselves and their families and nothing more. The way that money is managed in churches are so opaque unlike old orthodox churches back in the day that will announce every dime the church collects and give account of every penny that is spent and the church account balance with a printed copy handed to church members. I've seen this done in ECWA/COCIN church when I was in the north.

Nobody pressures you about tithe/offering/first fruit etc. A welfare department exist and is funded from church money. I hope those churches still practice these things though.

Pentecostals came with this "pastor knows the best and cannot be questioned" mentality and the rest is history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue / Mfm Prayer On Deliverance Of The Mind Prayer Points / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.