Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers (39540 Views)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by capnies: 9:47am On Jan 29
EnemyofGod2:

It's God work They are not suppose to be paid.

WHERE DOES THE PASTOR FEED FROM.
A WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF HIS WAGE.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Iamzik: 9:30pm On Jan 29
Gerrard59:

Are those Orthodox churches? How are their worship services and mode of practice?

Pentecostals consider them orthodox because of their mode of worship. They sing, dance, preach, teach just like a normal church. They believe in the holy spirit/baptism and you can speak in tongues in your private prayer but if you speak in tongue to the congregation there must be an interpreter. Their doctrine is pretty much straight forward and less complicated.

I enjoyed every bit of my time worshipping I'm ECWA
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Josywhyte: 11:45pm On Jan 29
EnemyofGod2:
But pastor Ibiyeomie you'll collect tithe and first seed
You'll pay any pastor you invite to your church and get paid when you're invited to another church
You'll still pay gospel artistes who will come to perform in your church...
But instrumentalists like drummers, pianists, guitarists should play for free because na only u get needs and they didn't pay to learn their craft 🙄

No mind the criminal
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Josywhyte: 11:48pm On Jan 29
EnemyofGod2:

Who told you that he is correcting salary ? If he's correcting salary from his church as you claimed he is supposed to be poor according to him.

You no get talk. Na people like u dey carry 'last card' for house go give pastor and ur wife and children go stay hungry all in d name of pleasing ur pastor. How do u think ibiyeomie makes his money if not through his church
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Gerrard59(m): 5:06am On Jan 30
Iamzik:

Pentecostals consider them orthodox because of their mode of worship. They sing, dance, preach, teach just like a normal church. They believe in the holy spirit/baptism and you can speak in tongues in your private prayer but if you speak in tongue to the congregation there must be an interpreter. Their doctrine is pretty much straight forward and less complicated.

I enjoyed every bit of my time worshipping I'm ECWA

OK. Thank you for the explanation. So, what makes ECWA or COCIN in this case, different from the likes of RCCG, Winners Chapel, Salvation Ministries, Christ Embassy and the numerous churches in Nigeria?
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Iamzik: 6:17pm On Jan 30
Gerrard59:

OK. Thank you for the explanation. So, what makes ECWA or COCIN in this case, different from the likes of RCCG, Winners Chapel, Salvation Ministries, Christ Embassy and the numerous churches in Nigeria?

Orthodox churches are considered to be more rigid in their church doctrine. You can't just wake up and open a church and call yourself a pastor. You must attend a seminary for years and learn under a senior pastor.

They are not sensational or show oriented and they are generally more focused on teaching doctrine and church welfare than building multiple branches in every city or flying private jets. I'm sure you don't know the name of ECWA president cos he's not popular and it's deliberate. There is no emphasis on prosperity preaching or seed sowing. When there's a need the church secretary will announce and people will give willingly as the have. No cajoling, guilt tripping or compulsion.

Every baptised member gets a copy of the church financial statement in hardcopy with statement of income and expenditure. Church finance management is very transparent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Gerrard59(m): 9:53am On Jan 31
Iamzik:

Orthodox churches are considered to be more rigid in their church doctrine. You can't just wake up and open a church and call yourself a pastor. You must attend a seminary for years and learn under a senior pastor.

They are not sensational or show oriented and they are generally more focused on teaching doctrine and church welfare than building multiple branches in every city or flying private jets. I'm sure you don't know the name of ECWA president cos he's not popular and it's deliberate. There is no emphasis on prosperity preaching or seed sowing. When there's a need the church secretary will announce and people will give willingly as the have. No cajoling, guilt tripping or compulsion.

Every baptised member gets a copy of the church financial statement in hardcopy with statement of income and expenditure. Church finance management is very transparent

Thank you for your explanation.

Apologies for the question, but since it is an anonymous forum; why did you leave those churches? If it was based on relocation, why did you leave the north? How come those churches are not popular amongst Christians in the south? How come they don't have branches in major cities in the south (apart from cosmopolitan Lagos)? Finally, what is your opinion about the young women who are members? Say compared to their counterparts in those other churches I mentioned.
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Iamzik: 6:00pm On Jan 31
Gerrard59:

Apologies for the question, but since it is an anonymous forum; why did you leave those churches? If it was based on relocation, why did you leave the north? How come those churches are not popular amongst Christians in the south? How come they don't have branches in major cities in the south (apart from cosmopolitan Lagos)? Finally, what is your opinion about the young women who are members? Say compared to their counterparts in those other churches I mentioned.

ECWA was established by the Sudan Interior Missionaries who worked predominantly in the north while the baptism/Methodist missionaries workes in the south West. So that explains why you won't find much of ECWA, COCIN ERCC etc in the south. Just a handful of them are here and like I said they don't believe in opening too many branches. So when you move from north to south you're most likely to change church.

I don't know why you asked specifically about young women (oya talk true)🤣
Well, Young ladies in those churches are very traditional and homely. The church doesn't allow women to wear trousers or dress provocatively. Just be modest. Single women are allowed to join the women fellowship so that is one avenue for mentorship and guidance. As in every population there will be an outlier but most young Christian women from the north are discent.

Lemme stop here
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Raalsalghul: 6:07pm On Jan 31
Gerrard59:

You don dey find wife Gerrard? grin
Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Gerrard59(m): 1:28am On Feb 01
Iamzik:

ECWA was established by the Sudan Interior Missionaries who worked predominantly in the north while the baptism/Methodist missionaries workes in the south West. So that explains why you won't find much of ECWA, COCIN ERCC etc in the south. Just a handful of them are here and like I said they don't believe in opening too many branches. So when you move from north to south you're most likely to change church

Again, thank you for your explanation. I will read more about those churches. There is another church which is popular in Abuja headed by a woman from the north. I have forgotten its name, but I saved it on Google Maps sha.

I don't know why you asked specifically about young women (oya talk true)🤣
Well, Young ladies in those churches are very traditional and homely. The church doesn't allow women to wear trousers or dress provocatively. Just be modest. Single women are allowed to join the women fellowship so that is one avenue for mentorship and guidance. As in every population there will be an outlier but most young Christian women from the north are discent.

That is all I need to know. I go find the one way wey like trousers. Thanks a lot Zik!

Raalsalghul:

You don dey find wife Gerrard? grin

Yes sir. Make I begin deploy my McKinsey's strategies aimed at getting the best woman to join my boring lifestyle. Hard man, hard man no dey pay o 😂 For now, everything seems to align with my hypothesis. It is left for me to play my part as a man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by JohnQueen(m): 6:36am On Feb 01
You nor want Nihonjin? grin

Gerrard59:

Again, thank you for your explanation. I will read more about those churches. There is another church which is popular in Abuja headed by a woman from the north. I have forgotten its name, but I saved it on Google Maps sha.

That is all I need to know. I go find the one way wey like trousers. Thanks a lot Zik!

Yes sir. Make I begin deploy my McKinsey's strategies aimed at getting the best woman to join my boring lifestyle. Hard man, hard man no dey pay o 😂 For now, everything seems to align with my hypothesis. It is left for me to play my part as a man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by Gerrard59(m): 6:41am On Feb 01
JohnQueen:
You nor want Nihonjin? grin

Not interested due to cultural differences and bodily features. I like to suck breasts, and theirs no big. Also, once married, the man is bound to Japan for eternity. I like to choose, not to be dictated to.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers by sageb: 9:27am On Feb 01
Gerrard59:

Not interested due to cultural differences and bodily features. I like to suck breasts, and theirs no big. Also, once married, the man is bound to Japan for eternity. I like to choose, not to be dictated to.

So true, it's rare to see a busty Japanese lady. I like how hardworking their women are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Preacher Attempts To Walk On Water And Drowns. / Adeboye Unveils ICU Centre At RCCG Headquarters In Ogun / Pastor Ephraim Ononye Sprays Dollars As Church Member Dedicates Quadruplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.