Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,031 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet (22613 Views)

Fashola: Why Lagos-Badagry Expressway Is Yet To Be Fixed / Fashola: Why I Turned Down 17 Honorary Degrees / The Moment Fayemi Bowed Out Of Buhari's Cabinet (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by dre11(m): 9:02am On Jan 25
A former Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has explained why a former Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Pantami,…

A former Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has explained why a former Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Pantami, was annoying to some people in the immediate past federal administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari.

Fashola who alongside Pantami served in the Buhari cabinet, said one of the reasons was Pantami’s dedication to getting things rights at all times and every ‘T’ and ‘I’ crossed and dotted.

The former Lagos State governor said this on Wednesday in Abuja in his keynote, at the public presentation of a 341-page book titled ‘A Scholar’s Journey: Navigating Academia’, written by Prof. Pantami.

“I got to know Prof. Pantami as my colleague in the Federal Executive Council (FEC), where he served as Minister for Communication and Digital Economy during 2019 to 2023. His passion and attention to detail are very well known. His desire to have every ‘T’ and ‘I’ crossed and dotted in every document was almost annoying for some people.

“But our memoranda and our cabinet records are undoubtedly better off in terms of accuracy, having been impacted by what I call the Pantami effect. He was essentially our ‘Mr. Compliance’. Either your memo, if it was a tech memo that did not have a NITDA certificate, he would be the first one to see it, and he won’t keep quiet.

“And if your vision and missions did not align, he would let you know very clearly. But he was Mr. Compliance to a good cause. As I said, our records are better off for the ‘Pantami effect’. At a time when truth is the endangered by fake news, when history is threatened by revisionists, books that profess a factual basis, which report history and events accurately, become all the more important to preserve the foundations of our civilization,” Fashola said.

Fashola said the launch is auspicious that such a book dwells on scholarship and academia, which are qualities urgently needed to drive national development.

The event was also attended by Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum; Gombe State Governor, Alhaji Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya; Nasarawa State Governor, Engr. Abdullahi Sule; former Gombe State Governor, Alhaji Danjuma Goje; former Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi; former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani Kyode; and former Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Adamu Rasheed among others.

Fayemi in his remark commended Pantami for achieving many developmental strides for Nigerian, including broadband penetration which was about 23 per cent as at 2019 and which rose to about 50 per cent currently and also internet penetration to about 87 per cent.

Prof. Pantami in his remark expressed appreciation to everyone present and other who contributed to making the event successful, promising to continue to contribute to the body of knowledge for national development.

https://dailytrust.com/why-pantami-annoyed-some-persons-in-buharis-cabinet-fashola/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by adesegun121(m): 9:19am On Jan 25
Noted
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by slivertongue: 9:21am On Jan 25
past

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Dididrumz(m): 9:26am On Jan 25
Pantami is/was a terrorist sympathizer, and that's why sensible Nigerians were annoyed with him.

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:26am On Jan 25
Did Pantami actually meant well and represent the opposite of what the media outcries projected him to be.

The man was greatly accused back then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by SoNature(m): 9:26am On Jan 25
The same Pantami who was made a professor of FUTO without following due process

Fashola, dey play, you hear?

57 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Dronedude(m): 9:27am On Jan 25
This one everyone in Buhari's government is throwing shots at one another, I can imagine how disfunctional the administration was.

Everyone was a king answerable to a king who felt he was dealing with his subjects.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by sslcrypt: 9:27am On Jan 25
Ok
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by armadeo(m): 9:27am On Jan 25
Who gives a hoot.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by SlavaUkraini: 9:27am On Jan 25
Pantami was and is still annoying because he remains an Unapologetic Terrorist and a Religious Bigot just like that useless Nairaland terrorist called Postinor

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Inspirer1: 9:28am On Jan 25
So what positive effect has that on Nigerians after spending 8 years as Minister

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by BarrElChapo(m): 9:28am On Jan 25
Terrorism enabler 🙄

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by omenka1: 9:29am On Jan 25
His attention to details amounted to nothing in reality, the masses saw no effect or good result from his paying attention to details.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Smilez04: 9:30am On Jan 25
what about his sympathizing with terrorists undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Nokio2: 9:30am On Jan 25
This morning I see long queue of people trying to do his useless NIN
Somebody dash me that book make I light my charcoal stove warm beans abeg..
Bonjour balablu..
The asiwaju of insecurity,
As you comot yesterday na only 40 people dem kpai for Mangu o!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by theophorus(m): 9:30am On Jan 25
You probably would never know or have a hint of how much effort some people put into what you Rubbish.

Laslas, it only when your effort yields the Right result that people will celebrate you.

Na why dem dey talk say who Pass na hin know book.
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Hedonisco: 9:32am On Jan 25
How has that made Nigeria a better place? After crossing every T and dotting every I, bandits and kidnappers are still roaming unchecked, criminals are still using sim cards to communicate, fraud is still rampant, and the hell hole called Nigeria is at its lowest ebb.

Stupid eye service people who are experts in exerting energy on motion without movement.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by richard870(m): 9:32am On Jan 25
The way these political leeches portray themselves as being intelligent is ridiculous. What has this guy contributed academically other than made an undeserving minister whose aims are religious fanatism!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:32am On Jan 25
GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by RichDad1(m): 9:33am On Jan 25
So many revelations.
I hope somebody will also come out to talk about how much was stolen by the cabals as well.
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by bigdammyj: 9:33am On Jan 25
Reading…
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by Paragon311(m): 9:34am On Jan 25
And yet his compliance couldn't get to the terrorist terrorizing the entire country with Banditry, kidnapping for ransonme, insecurity in every region of the country.

Dey play sir.
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by trevorlinda: 9:34am On Jan 25
Past issues remains in the past

lets tackle present issues... Eba yiibo is now N1500 per plate... sumtin of N400 before

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by debetmx(m): 9:35am On Jan 25
A terrorist. Everyone for Buhari government dey craze

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by TOYNEX(f): 9:35am On Jan 25
Tor
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by bjcole(m): 9:36am On Jan 25
That administration was far far better than this current one even though Buhar was minus. This current over sabi man is destroying everything.
Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by datola: 9:36am On Jan 25
Professor indeed!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:36am On Jan 25
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tallest Buildings In Nigeria / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. / APC Governors' Forum To Sack Okorocha For Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.