Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,541 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? (1314 Views)

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong / My Boyfriend's F1 visa Was Approved Today / Netherlands Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by obasidan: 9:58am On Jan 25
I applied for a tourist short stay visa to the Netherlands.
I'd already booked my flight to and fro, attached my company documents, my medical license, employment letter, proof of fund, medical insurance, hotel bookings and purpose of visit. Yet i was denied visa.
Please what do i do next.

My flight was booked via Royal air maroc. Someone suggested i get a morrocan transit visa but i don't understand how that can help me. Please kindly advise me.
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by sholatech(m): 10:07am On Jan 25
was it a CONFIRMED TICKET you used for your application? Also, do you have travel history outside west africa before this visa application?
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by obasidan: 11:25am On Jan 25
Ues, it was a confirmed ticket. I've only traveled to Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by obasidan: 2:01pm On Jan 25
Yes, confirmed tickets.
No. I've only been to Ghana, Benin republic and Togo.
sholatech:
was it a CONFIRMED TICKET you used for your application? Also, do you have travel history outside west africa before this visa application?
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by shoodboi2: 2:36pm On Jan 25
Why you be booking ticket when you don't have a visa? Approach the airline for a refund. Make sure to do that weeks before the flight date.

3 Likes

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by infofta(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25
obasidan:
I'd already booked my flight to and fro, attached my company documents, my medical license, employment letter, proof of fund, medical insurance, hotel bookings and purpose of visit. Yet i was denied visa.

My flight was booked via Royal air maroc. Someone suggested i get a morrocan transit visa but i don't understand how that can help me. Please kindly advise me.

Where do work, how much you earn and how much is bank balance each month. Your ties to your country.

Why would you spend so much money just to
visit Netherlands? This is the question on the mind of the VO.
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by Bigkenny: 5:24pm On Jan 25
obasidan:

What was the reason given for the refusal?
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by ednut1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 25
Booked flight before visa approval Who does that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by HRprof: 6:31pm On Jan 25
obasidan:

You were not properly informed
What you should have done is to get flight reservation without payment and use it for your visa application. Visa officer will not expect you to book and pay for tickets without visa approval.

Get a refund from airline, some airline might not give you full refund that’s a lesson to learn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by obasidan: 11:18am On Jan 26
Thank you. But it was part of the visa requirement. Please, next time, what should i have done? a
shoodboi2:
Why you be booking ticket when you don't have a visa? Approach the airline for a refund. Make sure to do that weeks before the flight date.
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by shoodboi2: 11:26am On Jan 26
obasidan:
Thank you. But it was part of the visa requirement. Please, next time, what should i have done? a

I don't know. I'll personally be suspicious of any visa application that requires me to book a flight before I get the visa.

This is where the Nigerian government should step in. But as usual, they will look the other way and pretend they don't know what is happening.

2 Likes

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by HRprof: 5:22pm On Jan 26
shoodboi2:

I don't know. I'll personally be suspicious of any visa application that requires me to book a flight before I get the visa.

This is where the Nigerian government should step in. But as usual, they will look the other way and pretend they don't know what is happening.

No visa application requires you book and pay for flight tickets they only want you to show your itinerary using flight reservation (book to pay later which expires 3days ) is allowed for your visa application, same as hotel reservations, after you got visa then you book real ticket. Nothing concern Nigeria government is you that did not understand the requirements. I have travel experience and I have never paid for flight ticket before visa approval.

4 Likes

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by davodyguy: 7:07pm On Jan 27
obasidan:
Ues, it was a confirmed ticket. I've only traveled to Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo
These are not A list countries. Hence, you don't have good travel history

1 Like

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by davodyguy: 7:08pm On Jan 27
shoodboi2:

You sha must blame Government for every misfortune.

Embassies warn you not to pay for flight till Visa is granted.

3 Likes

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by TWoods(m): 9:17pm On Jan 27
obasidan:

The itinerary is all you need. Make a refundable reservation next time.

1 Like

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by Lexusgs430: 4:10am On Jan 28
obasidan:

With regards the visa rejection, you cannot do anything about that.......

You next battle is with airline, did you buy a refundable ticket or non refundable.........

I can go to Holland on your behalf, we can have a zoom call (whilst I am in Holland)..........πŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by pansophist(m): 10:44am On Jan 28
The reason stipulated in your visa rejection letter is the guide you'll need to know what to do next.

Why are you rejected?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by Themillionman: 11:10am On Jan 28
please i need help and guidance to move to the Netherland, school or work.....please if you can mail me on vandaatroy@gmail.com subject mail is Netherland for easy reference
Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by ednut1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28
Themillionman:
please i need help and guidance to move to the Netherland, school or work.....please if you can mail me on vandaatroy@gmail.com subject mail is Netherland for easy reference
this is how people get scammed. You can’t search online for information yourself Who do you think will message you if not scammers. Smh

1 Like

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by bigdawg7: 4:50pm On Jan 28
Netherlands has the most beautiful girls in the whole world so i understand how you feel but don't give up just try again

1 Like

Re: My Netherlands Visa Was Rejected, What Do I Do? by okomoney: 1:36pm On Feb 26
Lexusgs430:

greeting brother, can you explain how to get insurance for Schengen visa. thanks in advance

With regards the visa rejection, you cannot do anything about that.......

You next battle is with airline, did you buy a refundable ticket or non refundable.........

I can go to Holland on your behalf, we can have a zoom call (whilst I am in Holland)..........πŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ˜‚

(1) (Reply)

Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! / Johannesburg's Regeneration Efforts / Booking A Flight Online And Traveling With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.