Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians (21613 Views)

You Are Ruining Your Car If You Are Guilty Of Any Of The Following / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do When Driving A Manual Transmission Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by YoshihideSuga: 1:11pm On Jan 26
EverythingPhone:
It’s only Africa mentality that says you must have a house
In the west most people rent homes even at old age

So
E still better pass make person Dey jump from bus to bus

Owning a car is not a luxury
It’s a necessity whether as a tenant or landlord

That's not entirely true. The housing crises in many western countries stem from the desire of most young people to own their own homes. Apart from Switzerland and maybe Germany, in other western countries, owning a house is seen as something to work towards achieving.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Sijo01(f): 1:15pm On Jan 26
Financial guru wey dey live for one room 😡
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by TheTravelingOne(f): 1:18pm On Jan 26
I’m a woman and sadly as soon as I see it’s a female speaking, there’s a 95% chance I ignore her.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Nche95(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26
Hezmatosky:
If e beta for somebody he go dey think say others na mumu. Uwa gali onye odika oje beh oliseh gbala nmanya. So if i have to travel to Asaba with my 5 kids and wife make i go pay almost 200k going and coming or a million plus for flight abi?
but why only you go born 5 kids ??

2 Likes

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by FireUpNow(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26
Dey play
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Hezmatosky: 1:23pm On Jan 26
Nche95:
but why only you go born 5 kids ??
E concern you? Na God gift. So as God give me, make i reject am🤷‍♂️
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Atarakpa: 1:26pm On Jan 26
I live in apartment where I pay roughly 18million yearly as rent and you that cannot afford a 6million rent is telling me not to have a car. Infact thunder fire that your mouth
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by JuanDeDios: 1:28pm On Jan 26
Jahwinaboy:
Well said
Not well said at all. If you live in the rural areas, it makes sense to go for a house first. But if you live in Lagos and want to wait till you can afford to buy land and build a house, you may never own a car.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Coolcat95: 1:29pm On Jan 26
Dat her mouth 👄 go Sabi suck prick well ooo
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by JayPeeOham: 1:31pm On Jan 26
bukatyne:

Do you know the meaning of a financial guru?

If I know I no go ask na...abeg explain to me how you would a primary 2 pupil

We learn every day!
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 1:32pm On Jan 26
/
Is she a real estate agent? Just curious.

/
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by calabaman(m): 1:34pm On Jan 26
Jahwinaboy:
Well said

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by blakkydikky(m): 1:36pm On Jan 26
Tochi3:
..her name will tell you the extent of her brain capacity.. grin grin

..is her brain able to fathom that there are tenants who also possess landed properties & still choose to remain tenants.. dis one dey disguise as an intellectual Lady.. grin

..Na dem dem
.... It's shown you didn't read what she said but comment just for reading the headline alone.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by BluntCrazeMan: 1:38pm On Jan 26
Truths9ja:
You shouldn’t own a car, if you are a house tenant — Financial expert advice Young Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYuj4xBYnU?si=GMq9TnQ9jcPteTmz
If your job or business needs you to be highly mobile, then the vehicle is a very important necessary necessity.

She should stop sounding as if a vehicle is a luxury item.
It's not every time that vehicles should be counted as luxury.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by efficiencie(m): 1:42pm On Jan 26
Truths9ja:
You shouldn’t own a car, if you are a house tenant — Financial expert advice Young Nigerians

Some investors find it more financially rewarding to rent an apartment and put up their own houses for rent. Such investors can own cars and you will be fooled into thinking they are "tenants" but they have a portfolio of real estate assets. I would rather live in a rented apartment and let the landlord deal with the taxes, land charges etc and in my several houses I will earn income through rent and pay all the rent, taxes etc from the revenue generated by those houses. In the end, living in a rented apartment while owning real estate is the surest way to cushion the effect of taxes, land use charges etc and at the same time live large.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by ConfidentialDoc: 1:46pm On Jan 26
Take Andrew Tate for example , the guy owns like 8 supercars but he rents them out online..
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by chypotenti(m): 1:46pm On Jan 26
Tochi3:

..is her brain able to fathom that there are tenants who also possess landed properties & still choose to remain tenants.. dis one dey disguise as an intellectual Lady.. grin

..Na dem dem
you've said it all my brother!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by chypotenti(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26
Truths9ja:

she is obviously a tenant... Just look at her back!!!!
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Neoteny7: 1:54pm On Jan 26
SIXFEETUNDER:
She is nothing but a forking who're

I've never seen a non-forking who're.

I mean, they're who'res because they fork.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26
JuanDeDios:

Not well said at all. If you live in the rural areas, it makes sense to go for a house first. But if you live in Lagos and want to wait till you can afford to buy land and build a house, you may never own a car.
You have a point. Location matters. 👍

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Evolutionism: 2:04pm On Jan 26
Tochi3:

..Na dem dem

She dey smoke Weed sefgrin
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by ITbomb(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26
You can use car to hustle and get money to buy land
But if you can, get land first (not build) before you get a car
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by ITbomb(m): 2:16pm On Jan 26
Ravenna:

Very Stupid idea..

In 2019, I bought my first car at 650k, now the car is worth N1.5.

I never regretted buying the car- Comfort, protection, luxury, Class.. what else can give this?!
When you say the car is now worth 1.5, can that 1.5m in 2024 buy the same goods, you could have bought with 650k in 2019?

It doesn't appreciate, it just hold the value to some extent

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by edunaragold(f): 2:40pm On Jan 26
Truths9ja:

thank God my house is complete.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by MasterTeeUSA: 2:43pm On Jan 26
Someone must say the truth...My Tenants are shocked when I visit them without a car...on the other hand, dem have 2 to 3 cars inside compound. Clearly financial education we don't teach them in our schools. Some family get two cars...wey no dey bring them shishi...just for comfort lol inside a rented house .

Truths9ja:

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Jamie1000: 2:55pm On Jan 26
Some ppl, thier car is the only asset they have
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by profmallor: 3:07pm On Jan 26
A landlord that lives as a tenant elsewhere is actually still a landlord, she has a point, her emphasis is on planning for the long haul.

Tochi3:

..Na dem dem

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Ishola93: 3:23pm On Jan 26
See face like drug dealer
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by bellosulaiman(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26
She is probably speaking from experience, her parents may be asking her money for rent. May God ease our affairs - amen.
Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Caleb15(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26
Faposky95:

Poverty..or should I say financial ignorance is a world wide menene...... The owners of Google are still tenants..... You think having that property gives you financial freedom...?! Think hard and again......... I'd prefer to be a life long tenants if you ask me..... Still have my property that I hate to live in..... Wat about that....?

Big Boys Don't Cry

1 Like

Re: You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:24pm On Jan 26
Ravenna:

Very Stupid idea..

In 2019, I bought my first car at 650k, now the car is worth N1.5.

I never regretted buying the car- Comfort, protection, luxury, Class.. what else can give this?!
which car ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices / 5 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Lagos BRT. / Result Of 2019 Car Race And Bike Race Championship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.