Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,018 members, 7,828,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? (12894 Views)

How Do People Cope With Loan Sharks' Outrageous Interests? / How Do You Cope With This Much Charges From The Bank / 5 Harsh Truth Every Entrepreneur Should Have In Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:28pm On Jan 26
I thought buying and selling was the real deal?
Providing service is kinda slow when making money.
akinsmail51:
I have stepped aside from any serious business that involves buying and selling. Now, it's time to focus on service provision as a means of earning livelihood.

The ease of doing business is fast becoming evasive in our dear country
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26
Cow is cost na!
And not everybodi has that knowledge of rearing cows. Dat one na aboki people business.
That is why u see people only go for poultry or goats.
Lifemanage:

To the question, deepen the use of local source of raw materials. Instead of rearing poultry, go for goats and dogs. Rear Cows in ranch system
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:40pm On Jan 26
Love800:
Cow is cost na!
And not everybodi has that knowledge of rearing cows. Dat one na aboki people business.
That is why u see people only go for poultry or goats.
That's the problem. Don't think na only them. It is a lie that has kept those in the south not doing well in agric.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Anonimoux: 1:00am On Jan 27
When Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti lost that election (not like they lost anyway), i just knew in my heart that Nigeria was finished economically and politically. And I was right.

NIGERIA really missed out on Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti. A big shout-out to all the obidients you guys are the real heroes, as for those who supported this government I have nothing to say to you but expect judgement soon.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Anonimoux: 1:03am On Jan 27
akinsmail51:
I have stepped aside from any serious business that involves buying and selling. Now, it's time to focus on service provision as a means of earning livelihood.
The ease of doing business is fast becoming evasive in our dear country
Yes oh service provision is the way oh especially when you have a skill that people can't do without. Like me I have a skill in barbing, though I don't have a lot of client yet but the few I have always come and give me free money every week or 2 weeks. 😁
Praying to grow sha

1 Like

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Obierika(m): 5:16am On Jan 27
ZKOSOSO:
It's not funny at all.......

Tax Clearance alone go humble u
Pencom Clearance na new car be dat
Nsitf sef don add 30k join to collect certificate
ITF Sidon dey wait you with dia bombastic eyesight

God save all Contractors and Consultants o.....

Tunubunomics na witchcraft......

sad
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:07am On Jan 27
Alright.
So how do one go about dis cow rearing stuff?
Lifemanage:

That's the problem. Don't think na only them. It is a lie that has kept those in the south not doing well in agric.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:11am On Jan 27
Love800:
Alright.
I hear someone is doing in this in the east. Start with 1 male and 1 female. Learn the basics. The same process with goats. This is just the way forward. Rural businesses should come alive in productive activities.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:13am On Jan 27
Love800:
Alright.
We should start experimenting local options on feeds for poultry without involving foreign exchange. Honestly, I wonder what's the essence of research institutes and numerous universities in Nigeria if they cannot solve local problems in the Nigeria business ecosystem.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:20am On Jan 27
Okay.
But u will employ one aboki to manage it for u. Abi?
Lifemanage:

I hear someone is doing in this in the east. Start with 1 male and 1 female. Learn the basics. The same process with goats. This is just the way forward. Rural businesses should come alive in productive activities.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:21am On Jan 27
I thought people are producing local feeds already.
Lifemanage:

We should start experimenting local options on feeds for poultry without involving foreign exchange. Honestly, I wonder what's the essence of research institutes and numerous universities in Nigeria if they cannot solve local problems in the Nigeria business ecosystem.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:21am On Jan 27
Love800:
Okay.
But u will employ one aboki to manage it for u. Abi?
Not impossible. Locals can still do or people from middle belt.

1 Like

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:22am On Jan 27
Love800:
I thought people are producing local feeds already.
And the cost is still been complained about....
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:24am On Jan 27
I dont understand dis
Lifemanage:

Not impossible. Locals can still do or people from middle belt.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:28am On Jan 27
Love800:
I dont understand dis
I am not always too comfortable with abokis as only Optioj to the business. Ask questions. I don't have the full detail. Am a researcher so I try possible models for any venture I undertake

1 Like

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:29am On Jan 27
Alright.
Someone in the thread suggested planting maize and some other crop. Thereafter u grind dem as feeds. Is dat economic enough?
Lifemanage:

And the cost is still been complained about....
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Love800(m): 8:31am On Jan 27
Okay.
Lifemanage:

I am not always too comfortable with abokis as only Optioj to the business. Ask questions. I don't have the full detail. Am a researcher so I try possible models for any venture I undertake
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:31am On Jan 27
Love800:
Alright.
Someone in the thread suggested planting maize and some other crop. Thereafter u grind dem as feeds. Is dat economic enough?
What are people in the universities studying? For now, I don't have solutions. Just that am all game for local solutions to Nigeria problems.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by charlsecy(m): 8:58am On Jan 27
ChatterHouse:
You're making loss not profit cause you cannot buy the same quantity of goods you sold with the capital+ profit you made
Right now, the only way to sustain one's worth is to base one's price on the current exchange rate, and as soon as one sells, one converts to Dollar.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Gaskiya77: 12:20pm On Jan 27
What the government of Nigeria want everyone to be is a civil servant. That's where you can be safer because the economy is too harsh for a private business coupled with slot of taxes from the government.
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Obierika(m): 1:21pm On Jan 27
charlsecy:
Right now, the only way to sustain one's worth is to base one's price on the current exchange rate, and as soon as one sells, one converts to Dollar.

Not very practical for everyone
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by blacknp(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27
Skyfornia:
This harsh economy is something else...e be like dem send Tinuubu to come destrôy this country. And the fact that everybody is calm and behaving like all is well is truly surprising. Tinuubu must be a strong man..I fear who no fear him.
People like you that blame Tinubu for everything will definitely find it hard.

What of your state &’Local Government, What have they done to improve the business climate that you operate in?

You keep doing the same thing for donkey years throwing blames, yet no change to your problems?
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Kobicove(m): 8:11pm On Jan 27
SIXFEETUNDER:
You simply steal from warehouses dazzol

I used to know a guy in apapa that used to smuggle out ship ments and resell for cheap

Stealing from a warehouse means you are killing another person's business...so you would be happy to do that undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Lifemanage: 8:16pm On Jan 27
blacknp:
People like you that blame Tinubu for everything will definitely find it hard.

What of your state &’Local Government, What have they done to improve the business climate that you operate in?

You keep doing the same thing for donkey years throwing blames, yet no change to your problems?
Good question. State and local governments need to be accountable. If half of the local governments do what they are suppose to do, there will be prosperity in the land. They are just too docile and wicked. I refer to the local government people as the real witches in society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by blacknp(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27
Lifemanage:

Good question. State and local governments need to be accountable. If half of the local governments do what they are suppose to do, there will be prosperity in the land. They are just too docile and wicked. I refer to the local government people as the real witches in society.
True Talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by gforce5: 10:18am On Jan 29
The "Anti-Japa" crew are just a bunch of deluded idealists who are detached from the realities of living in Nigeria. Most of them lack exposure and enlightenment. Like it's that easy to set up a business in Nigeria. To them N1 million is big money that can do multiple things while to some of us that have seen money and converted money know that N1 million today is not what it was 10/15 years ago due to inflation and other factors. As long we import everything including toothpick, businesses in this country will always be subjected to external factors. When you also consider that we don't have a welfare system in this country that can provide a safety cushion for the lower class and a credit system that can help struggling businesses, if you aren't connected or mentally strong you will struggle in this country. quote author=IbeOkehie post=128134256]

grin

Please don't tell the Anti-Japa Crew, they will soon come for your head. According to them Nigeria is the best place in the world to live and thrive. cheesy

Good Luck to Nigeria.

[/quote]
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Matrix137(m): 11:37am On Feb 07
My business I'm managing is basically closed down cos of it
Re: How Do Business People Cope In This Harsh Economy? by Mo6M: 2:54pm On Apr 05
iykecollins1:

So where will u be getting the extra capital to augument the price increase...if not selling at the new price

That is what we call advance level of stealing from your customers.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Binance: Nigeria Setting Dangerous Precedent For Firms By Detaining Executives / Procedure For Checking Availability Code For CAC Company Registration. / 7 Most Important Things To Consider Before Choosing A Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.