Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick (17296 Views)

When Jay Jay Okocha disciplined Oliver Kahn during match (Throwback) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by achorladey: 9:33am On Jan 27
Utaka with the killer goal from a beautiful assist by Kanu. What a Sunday afternoon that was in year 2004.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by EbenezerTriumph: 9:33am On Jan 27
G00dharddick:

Which nairalanders?

You should know I don't have time for such people. And obi actually won the last elections massively even though he was rigged out and his votes was highly reduced. This is a known fact. Even one of the river state governments officials said this.
Even a foetus in the womb knows very well that Wike Delivered Rivers for APC na or why do you think Tinubu appointed him as Minister of FCT even when Wike is in the opposing party?

But as for tonight's match, I'll quote you after match ends cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Vinnie2000(m): 9:33am On Jan 27
G00dharddick:
Super eagles will definitely disappoint today!

If super eagles are smart, they should be able to win Cameroon even though Cameroon is not an easy team to defeat.

My bet is on Cameroon.

No Idiot should quote me to say trash

Mr Goodharddick.

Calm down, Super Eagles will Match and Defeat the Cameroonians today. smiley

They know it's not Equatorial Guinea or Cape Verde they are playing
and that it's a Strong/Rival Opponent! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by G00dharddick: 9:35am On Jan 27
EbenezerTriumph:
Even a foetus in the womb knows very well that Wike Delivered Rivers for APC na or why do you think Tinubu appointed him as Minister of FCT even when Wike is in the opposing party?

But as for tonight's match, I'll quote you after match ends cool

Normally I hope luck shines for Nigeria tonight. Even if na own goal let's keep progressing with that.

But say na football statistics, nah bro. They go play Nigeria wortoworto
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by achorladey: 9:36am On Jan 27
That player called NDIEFI 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 that day ehn grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Emperormartin(m): 9:39am On Jan 27
Warlord2014:

But we didn't win
We beat them 2-1 hence they were knocked out because it's quarter finals
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by bluefilm: 9:40am On Jan 27
I remember how I rejoiced over that goal that day!

Who would have known that a time like this will come when Nigeria will be playing a serious match and I will be more interested in knowing whether ACMilan and Bayer Leverkusen won their games?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Kingrshd3: 9:41am On Jan 27
Cameron 4 - 1 Nigeria as at 10pm tonight

Don't quote me plz
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:41am On Jan 27
Olalekanbanky1:
The goal that retired GK Carlos Eedris Cameni from the national team
sufre lie small... Cameni was cameroun keeper when they reached finals in 2008 losing to Egypt 1:0 via Mohammed zidan goal...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by AviatorMoney(m): 9:41am On Jan 27
[quote author=happney65 post=128146561
Okocha just won the BBC African footballer of the year when he singlehandedly brought Bolton Wonderers from Relegation
[/quote]
SINGLEHANDEDLY, as in he played for the other 10 positions??
Nigerians sef....... D guy good,but no b dis singlehandedly thing plz
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by oluwaahmed: 9:44am On Jan 27
There was one okocha scored a screamer from the midfield, I think 2002

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by LEARNPYTHON(m): 9:44am On Jan 27
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 9:50am On Jan 27
Warlord2014:

But we didn't win

Who told you that?

You did not watch the game, Nigeria won that match.

I still remember that particular game, it was during the day, I was in my dad's shop but had to watch it by peeping through the doors of our neighbor's shop because they had TV and also the TV dey inside, and I no wan make my dad come catch me sey I leave him shop go watch match.
It was later in the second half that the TV was moved outside for everyone to enjoy the game properly.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Olalekanbanky1(m): 9:52am On Jan 27
OGHENAOGIE:
sufre lie small... Cameni was cameroun keeper when they reached finals in 2008 losing to Egypt 1:0 via Mohammed zidan goal...
Ok na
I sha know he went through lots of bashing after the match and he announced his retirement. He later came back
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Vinnie2000(m): 9:56am On Jan 27
oluwaahmed:
There was one okocha scored a screamer from the midfield, I think 2002

That was in the year 2000. The Final Match.

It was an Equaliser to make the match 2 2! smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by abobote: 10:03am On Jan 27
I watched that match. Unfortunately Cameron has really dealt with us in AFCON, they have defeated us more than any other opponents
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by abobote: 10:05am On Jan 27
Emperormartin:

We beat them 2-1 hence they were knocked out because it's quarter finals
Yes, and we lost to Tunisia in the semi finals.
It was 2004
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Sicilyjoe: 10:13am On Jan 27
That was Tunisia 2004
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Johilo(m): 10:16am On Jan 27
Thats when super eagles are in action but now we have super chickens
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by TheLawAsItIs: 10:21am On Jan 27
happney65:
Aha!

I remember this very well. It was in 2004. I remember watching it at a roadside viewing centre at Olorunsogo.. Okocha just won the BBC African footballer of the year when he singlehandedly brought Bolton Wonderers from Relegation

It was just the stroke of half time. Okocha scored that wonderful goal and we went into half time

Before then, Cameroun has always been our nemesis beating us back to back even with ojoro from their top guy,Issa Hayatou who was the CAF chairman then

We went on to win that game 2-1 and that was what broke the camerounian jinz ever since then..

P.S.Camoroun also had the best of the best in their team then not their current crop of players who I believe we can defeat tonight

I remember the match too. There was no light back then. I watched it at Powerline, Ijaiye Ojokoro, Lagos from a TV that was powered with a car battery.

Which Olorunsogo by the way, Abeokuta or Ibadan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by sweetjohn(m): 10:22am On Jan 27
That match was one of the best match of that competition. Tunisia and Ghana has dealt with Nigeria toomuch. They may be the flog of a competition but the moment they met Nigeria they finds their rhythm and dealt with us like no man business. Am not too afraid of Cameroon as do to Ghana and Tunisia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by SoNature(m): 10:27am On Jan 27
Super Eagles died the moment this set left the team!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by yewit37486: 10:29am On Jan 27
Now all he does is promote betting companies. Smh.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Anigreat: 10:33am On Jan 27
EbenezerTriumph:
same you wey predict say Peter Obi go win the last electionsgrin
I trust nairalanders to come for your head and chop you raw this morning cheesy

Well Afcon is not Nigeria election and it's not conducted by useless INEC. Here you're given what you got no ojoro. So don't make a nonsense fuse here as if your rotten teeth Bat won the election free and fair.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by mechanics(m): 10:33am On Jan 27
Warrior247:
First to comment after how many years...

Omoh, year go stew well o....

The current Super Eagles players lack the skills, motivation, and patriotism to achieve what Jay Jay Okocha and his generation of players delivered ....

This current team doesn't have any known good free kick taker
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:38am On Jan 27
WE FELT GREAT THAT DAY IN THE STREETS OF ABIDJAN AMONG IVOIRIANS WHO WERE. SUPPORTING THEIR FELLOW FRENCH SPEAKING NATION AS WE WATCHED THIS MATCH IN IVORY- COAST THEN.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:43am On Jan 27
mrLagosian:
What about John Utaka's winner? I ran wild with jubilation that evening.

A beautiful assist from kanu, the assist was sweeter than the goal
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:45am On Jan 27
EbenezerTriumph:
same you wey predict say Peter Obi go win the last electionsgrin
I trust nairalanders to come for your head and chop you raw this morning cheesy

What has his political leanings has to do with his prediction today, bigots must find a way to show themselves.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by NoToPile: 10:58am On Jan 27
Can't believe this was 20 years back, how time flies.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Sergioaguero: 11:00am On Jan 27
Warlord2014:

But we didn't win

We won 2 - 1
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Integrafamoo: 11:01am On Jan 27
happney65:
Aha!

I remember this very well. It was in 2004. I remember watching it at a roadside viewing centre at Olorunsogo.. Okocha just won the BBC African footballer of the year when he singlehandedly brought Bolton Wonderers from Relegation

It was just the stroke of half time. Okocha scored that wonderful goal and we went into half time

Before then, Cameroun has always been our nemesis beating us back to back even with ojoro from their top guy,Issa Hayatou who was the CAF chairman then

We went on to win that game 2-1 and that was what broke the camerounian jinz ever since then..

P.S.Camoroun also had the best of the best in their team then not their current crop of players who I believe we can defeat tonight
Okocha was robbed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sani Kaita Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today / Arsenal Enter Race To Sign Osimhen From Napoli / Sunday Dare Hints At Sacking Gernot Rohr Over Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.