Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick (17228 Views)

When Jay Jay Okocha disciplined Oliver Kahn during match (Throwback) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Sergioaguero: 7:00am On Jan 27

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Warrior247: 9:16am On Jan 27
First to comment after how many years...

Omoh, this year go stew well o....

The current Super Eagles players lack the skills, motivation, and patriotism to achieve what Jay Jay Okocha and his generation of players delivered ....

This current team doesn't have any known good free kick taker

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Obakoolex(m): 9:16am On Jan 27
Yes we remember it was a beautiful retaliation after they scored us few minutes earlier grin

The match was between Etoo and Okocha

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by G00dharddick: 9:16am On Jan 27
Super eagles will definitely disappoint today!

If super eagles are smart, they should be able to win Cameroon even though Cameroon is not an easy team to defeat.

My bet is on Cameroon.

No Idiot should quote me to say trash

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by BlaqFaze: 9:16am On Jan 27
Nobody in this current squad can score a freekick

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Lutherblaq: 9:16am On Jan 27
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Olalekanbanky1(m): 9:16am On Jan 27
The goal that retired GK Carlos Eedris Cameni from the national team

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by ecolime(m): 9:17am On Jan 27
Jay Jay- He was so good they named him twice cheesy

BTW, I am surprised Osaze Odemwengie played with him and Kanu.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by happney65: 9:17am On Jan 27
Aha!

I remember this very well. It was in 2004. I remember watching it at a roadside viewing centre at Olorunsogo.. Okocha just won the BBC African footballer of the year when he singlehandedly brought Bolton Wonderers from Relegation

It was just the stroke of half time. Okocha scored that wonderful goal and we went into half time

Before then, Cameroun has always been our nemesis beating us back to back even with ojoro from their top guy,Issa Hayatou who was the CAF chairman then

We went on to win that game 2-1 and that was what broke the camerounian jinz ever since then..

P.S.Camoroun also had the best of the best in their team then not their current crop of players who I believe we can defeat tonight

47 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by phayvoursky(m): 9:17am On Jan 27
Na today?

Jay Jay Okocha been doing wonders more than all Nigerian Pastors combined.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by spencekat(m): 9:19am On Jan 27
Pa Jay

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Kollabo419: 9:19am On Jan 27
Nna mehnnn

Met this dude at Banana island runway on his regular early morning jogging
Carry cap cover face

What a snubber mehnnn

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Herkim(m): 9:19am On Jan 27
I knew that Jay Jay okocha would scored the free base on his previous performance.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by teebaxy(m): 9:20am On Jan 27
G00dharddick:

If super eagles are smart, they should be able to win Cameroon even though Cameroon is not an easy team to defeat.

My bet is on Cameroon.

No Idiot should quote to say trash
you are the idiot and the bastard saying the trash . You surely need an urgent psychiatric attention

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by mrLagosian: 9:20am On Jan 27
What about John Utaka's winner? I ran wild with jubilation that evening.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Trendy247: 9:21am On Jan 27
We don't have any striker currently. Victor Oshimen just dey do busy body for nothing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by U09ce: 9:21am On Jan 27
Our fan club used to be very active
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Tjra: 9:23am On Jan 27
Kollabo419:
Nna mehnnn

Carry cap cover face

What a snubber mehnnn
A Snub you say?

He suppose dey shine teeth for everybody because say na celebrity?

I'm sure he chose early morning jogging to avoid distractions.

You people always think these guys are robots.

Rest abeg

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by internationalman(m): 9:23am On Jan 27
That's called scoring a goal out of nothing. Taye Taiwo was also good at free kicks..

Despite qualifying for the round of 16, the super eagles of Nigeria is the most boring to watch among all the teams in this tournament.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Chikel20000(m): 9:23am On Jan 27
Jay be doing things

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by G00dharddick: 9:23am On Jan 27
teebaxy:
you are the idiot and the bastard saying the trash . You surely need an urgent psychiatric attention

I feel your pains.

I'm not the cause of your frustration and agony

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Marvieduke(f): 9:24am On Jan 27
I remembered watching that match, same free kick when he was in Bolton Wanderers.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by EbenezerTriumph: 9:25am On Jan 27
G00dharddick:

My bet is on Cameroon.

No Idiot should quote me to say trash
same you wey predict say Peter Obi go win the last electionsgrin
I trust nairalanders to come for your head and chop you raw this morning cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by sirchim(m): 9:26am On Jan 27
Obakoolex:
Yes we remember it was a beautiful retaliation after they scored us few minutes earlier grin

The match was between Etoo and Okocha
Sabi guy! You head dey there. ETO'O say him go show us peper for that matter.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:27am On Jan 27
Still remember vividly, the match was played in the afternoon, Okocha equalised with a sumptuous freekick just few minutes after Cameroon scored

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Vinnie2000(m): 9:27am On Jan 27
This Freekick and Match in 2004 was the Talk of the Town for Days. smiley smiley

After Suffering the painful defeat to Cameroon in that 2000 final,
This Victory felt like a Sweet Revenge! smiley

I remember Roger Milla, sweating under the Sunny weather and wiping his Face with Handkerchief. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by PrinceGallant: 9:28am On Jan 27
Kollabo419:
Nna mehnnn

Carry cap cover face

What a snubber mehnnn

We live in this neighbourhood in Awuse Estate, Opebi. He does jogging every morning. Ailof him

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by G00dharddick: 9:29am On Jan 27
EbenezerTriumph:
same you wey predict say Peter Obi go win the last electionsgrin
I trust nairalanders to come for your head and chop you raw this morning cheesy

Which nairalanders?

You should know I don't have time for such people. And obi actually won the last elections massively even though he was rigged out and his votes was highly reduced. This is a known fact. Even one of the river state governments officials said this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by EbenezerTriumph: 9:29am On Jan 27
happney65:
Aha!

I remember this very well. It was in 2004. I remember watching it at a roadside viewing centre at Olorunsogo.. Okocha just won the BBC African footballer of the year when he singlehandedly brought Bolton Wonderers from Relegation

It was just the stroke of half time. Okocha scored that wonderful goal and we went into half time

Before then, Cameroun has always been our nemesis beating us back to back even with ojoro from their top guy,Issa Hayatou who was the CAF chairman then

We went on to win that game 2-1 and that was what broke the camerounian jinz ever since then..

P.S.Camoroun also had the best of the best in their team then not their current crop of players who I believe we can defeat tonight
Issa Hayatou CAF chairman that year
Patrick Mboma
Woke
Robert Song (Captain)
Aladiere Song of Arsenal
Samuel Eto o
Omo them been plenty wey hot that year for Cameroon

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Temi2468: 9:30am On Jan 27
Tbh,

Even though Cameroon's present squad is not good, they have better urgency and fighting spirit to win every match. SE are exceptionally boring.

If Cameroon wants to win them, let them score first, that ends the game cheesy

Well,
It's football.
The Reverse might happen though.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Warlord2014(m): 9:30am On Jan 27
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Sonnobax15(m): 9:30am On Jan 27
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today Is Asisat Oshoala's 28th Birthday / Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism" / Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.