Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick (17298 Views)

When Jay Jay Okocha disciplined Oliver Kahn during match (Throwback) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by udeh3(m): 4:27pm On Jan 27
SoNature:
Super Eagles died the moment this set left the team!

Yet we won AFCON years later... You guys should focus. All teams in the world passes through this stage. Name them, from Brazil to Germany and all, they'll face what we face now, even the Almighty Spain. The good part is, we're still in the competition. Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia are all struggling more than us in the competition. Infact, Nigeria lost over 4 key players to injury. If that happened to any of the current teams in the knockout now, they will lose control

Make una give this team chance to brit!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Sebocious(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27
EbenezerTriumph:

Issa Hayatou CAF chairman that year
Patrick Mboma
Woke
Robert Song (Captain)
Aladiere Song of Arsenal
Samuel Eto o
Omo them been plenty wey hot that year for Cameroon

U forget to add "Pius Ndefe"
Omorrr dat guy na example of wild animal..
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Marvieduke(f): 5:04pm On Jan 27
Flamengo:

WoW

Yeah thanks for the photos...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by freeman66: 6:40pm On Jan 27
Chai i remembered that year, i watched the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by beejay85: 6:54pm On Jan 27
Warrior247:
First to comment after how many years...

Omoh, this year go stew well o....

The current Super Eagles players lack the skills, motivation, and patriotism to achieve what Jay Jay Okocha and his generation of players delivered ....

This current team doesn't have any known good free kick taker
Iheanacho is a good freekick taker
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Medalb: 10:53pm On Jan 27
See your life,check yourself
And add value to your life
G00dharddick:
Super eagles will definitely disappoint today!

If super eagles are smart, they should be able to win Cameroon even though Cameroon is not an easy team to defeat.

My bet is on Cameroon.

No Idiot should quote me to say trash

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by G00dharddick: 10:57pm On Jan 27
Medalb:
See your life,check yourself
And add value to your life

I said if super eagles are smart they should be able to defeat Cameroon today and they did just that. So why you come dey quote me?
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Olalekanbanky1(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27
OGHENAOGIE:
what bashing u are just exaggerating oga
Ok
We sha don win

Send azza
Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by aoaachives(m): 7:48am On Jan 28
G00dharddick:

If super eagles are smart, they should be able to win Cameroon even though Cameroon is not an easy team to defeat.

My bet is on Cameroon.

How market

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by MSesan: 7:55am On Jan 28
G00dharddick:

My bet is on Cameroon.

Who is disappointed now....?
Hope u don win your bet...mbok!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Cameroon When Jay Jay Okocha Scored Cameroon With Beautiful Free Kick by Excuzeme: 5:38pm On Jan 29
pkasso:
One of the many memorable moments that made Jay-Jay Okocha, Nigeria's most iconic football player. The match was on a Sunday afternoon. We were watching the game on NTA and also listening to commentary on radio. The radio broadcast, of course was some seconds faster than the TV transmission. Cameroon had taken the lead some minutes earlier and halftime was approaching. "Freekick to Nigeria. Okocha standing over it." For a moment, we switched attention from the TV to radio. ". . Gooooalll!!"

I still remember running out of the house into the streets, celebrating even before the free kick hit the back of the net on TV. Those were happy times. Na those days, boys dey follow Super Eagles with passion. If Nigeria dey play match, the streets go dey deserted. Even NEPA wey no dey bring light, dey turn up when Eagles get match.

Whatever happened to the Nigeria Supporters' Club, led by Rauf Ladipo? Those guys were the life of the party, with their awesome vibes. They were famous globally. I believe they were a big part of what made Nigerian teams at all levels successful back then. They created that vibrant atmosphere with their songs and drums and dancing. Those days, if the boys never score and fans were getting impatient, you go dey hear "all we are saying, give us one goal".

A few days, I was listening to Austin Milado's Super Eagles Carry Go on my phone and nostalgia washed over me. That song was a jam. Lagbaja also had one back in the day. ". . tell Brazilia, Tell Argentina, when it comes to soccer. . Nigeria l'oko iya won". Those songs dey ginger players to go all out and die on that pitch. Nothing like that today. All the Afrobeats superstars and mad producers wey we get, none of dem fit enter studio, come up with an inspiring jam, or even a refix of the old ones for the Super Eagles. England have their own football anthem "It's Coming Home", a popular tournament tune dating back to Euro' 96.

Hopefully, the Super Eagles win today and bring smiles to the faces of the millions of Nigerians cheering them on back home.

What happened to Nigeria's Foootball in recent times?

A lot of things but all centre around CORRUPTION.
I dont think there is anywhere else Corruption i smore institutionalized, that the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF).
It became even more brazen, after that corrupt FIFA Head Sep Blatter , with his Bag-man, Platini and their cronies in FIFA always BAN a Country, when the Country's Leaders try to tackle the Corruption in their Football Association, no wonder the scandal that later became FIFA.
This "FIFA support for Corruption" emboldened a lot of Corrupt, African Football Administrators, especially the Nigerian ones.
Govt became helpless.

- Recruiting FOREIGN Coach became a Scam! A country of over 250Million Football-crazy People should be able to produce just TWENTY Lads from their Local league, with a Local Coach that can take on any team and perform credibly, if they dont win.
But our NFF President will negotiate everything in Dollars, from taking Kickbacks from some jobless Coach somewhere, to come and share his Salary into two! we are passed the era of foreign Coaches, train Local Coaches, attach them to foreign Clubs Academy to learn and understudy techniques, use them for our National team. Train as many as possible so that issue of one holding us to ransom does not arise
- Then there is the Estacode from travelling overseas in the name of camping Foreign Players in Europe!!
Importing all these "Agric Players" of Nigerian descent does not help our football. We have a play a style that these Agric players dont understand and cant play, because they were not raised on Street Football (Europeans dont play Street Football, their Streets are too cold!).
That is what is leading to the demise of "National Football" in Nigeria. If we develop our local League, put money and good administration into it, we have enough talent to build a world class team, with a sprinkle of a few Home-grown Footballers who ply their trade in Europe,

All the FA Presidents/Chairman in the last Twenty- Five Years should be in Jail, they ruined our footballl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sani Kaita Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today / Arsenal Enter Race To Sign Osimhen From Napoli / Sunday Dare Hints At Sacking Gernot Rohr Over Poor Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.