Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. (1560 Views)

I'm in love with a girl at my workplace. / I'm Jealous And I Don't Find Myself Special To My Boyfriend Anymore. / How Do I Handle This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Goodmarlian: 3:57pm On Jan 27
i lost my job in 2020 after the company folded up due to covid19 as a result i was jobless till july 2022.i decided to start a pos business since it was cheap to start it was a really difficult period for me.
i got a place in my school near a shopping complex and tne business was doing fairly well i made up to 3k daily ,but the biggest problem aroused later,the people in the complex my friends and the rest became obssesed with me,i have become the talk of the town everybody wants to know how much i make,my next move they keep asking all sort of question ,it seems all eyes is now on me,they feel i am making too much money from the business 24/7 there are talking about me,infact it got to a point some people wanted me to leave the place but i stood my ground because i want to survive.i have never seen such since i.was born.
currently i have plunged into a lot of financial mess,a business that started well, i saved 2k daily,now i save to pay up debts,its being challenges upon challenges,i think the problem is spiritual,now i think i have to.quit the business for the sake of my mental health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by DivinegiftofGod: 4:19pm On Jan 27
Ignore them and pray. In anything you're doing you have to be very strong in prayers because there are always powers that don't want you to succeed and progress in life. So you have to subdue those powers in the place of prayers.

Don't quit the business because that is their mission, to end the business. Just go into your closet and bind every powers fighting against the progress of your business. You can also do midnight prayers, you'll see changes. Then stop discussing your business with anyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by EreluRoz: 4:19pm On Jan 27
Pray and be vigilant

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Goodmarlian: 4:24pm On Jan 27
DivinegiftofGod:
Ignore them

its just too much to ignore ,how can a complex with over 100 be jealous of 1 persons over a petty trade.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by MumEmdy(f): 4:24pm On Jan 27
Why are you in debt, and why did you open up to them on how much you make??

A cousin of mine is into that business, whenever you ask him how far with d biz he go just dey tell you say nothing dey inside that he has been getting fake alert upandan,. that's his own way of keeping bad energy faraway. Inside dis business e don get two bike about 5 mairuwa truck that's is fetching him money.

Do not disclose your business prospect with some people they wouldn't mind doing prayer and fasting just to see you go down. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Do not quit just reorganize yourself it well with you op.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by DivinegiftofGod: 4:26pm On Jan 27
Goodmarlian:

its just too much to ignore ,how can a complex with over 100 be jealous of 1 persons over a petty trade.

Read my full comment to see my advice.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Animegirl(f): 4:31pm On Jan 27
My aunty told me something, don't tell people your source of happiness, same way you shouldn't tell people where you eat from most times.

If they don't use words to spoil your business, they will use there minds.

Just pray, there is nothing God can't do.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Goodmarlian: 4:41pm On Jan 27
DivinegiftofGod:

Read my full comment to see my advice.

thank you
i never tell them how much i earn,this people people dont mind counting how many people i attend to daily and multiply it by 100 naira.they are that desperate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Goodmarlian: 4:43pm On Jan 27
Animegirl:
My aunty told me something, don't tell people your source of happiness, same way you shouldn't tell people where you eat from most times.

thank you ma.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by DivinegiftofGod: 4:43pm On Jan 27
Goodmarlian:

thank you
i never tell them how much i earn,this people people dont mind counting how many people i attend to daily and multiply it by 100 naira.

Hm... Monitoring spirits every where. Then pray against monitoring agents but don't quit otherwise they'll jubilate over your downfall.

Trust God to scatter them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by talented321: 4:46pm On Jan 27
Your life is private including your parents.. Don't too good in talking..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Kobicove(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27
Goodmarlian:

I hope you don't go about flaunting the money you make from the business...you need to always keep a low profile
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Arewa247(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27
O.P no be only you the face this kind challenge. A lot of business people face the same
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Cholls(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27
My brother the Lord is your strength
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by muller101(m): 8:15pm On Jan 27
I hope some of them are not on this forum.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by CandidAdmin(m): 8:31pm On Jan 27
Humans can be evil.

Be looking for places without much POS centre secretly, and if you find one, LEAVE.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Klinxmanz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 27
life 2 hack, different people wit dift wahala, everybody get em own story to tell, dey manage e get people wey u beta pass!!..
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Dimaya: 9:20pm On Jan 27
Goodmarlian:
i lost my job in 2020 after the company folded up due to covid19 as a result i was jobless till july 2022.i decided to start a pos business since it was cheap to start it was a really difficult period for me.
i got a place in my school near a shopping complex and tne business was doing fairly well i made up to 3k daily ,but the biggest problem aroused later,the people in the complex my friends and the rest became obssesed with me,i have become the talk of the town everybody wants to know how much i make,my next move they keep asking all sort of question ,it seems all eyes is now on me,they feel i am making too much money from the business 24/7 there are talking about me,infact it got to a point some people wanted me to leave the place but i stood my ground because i want to survive.i have never seen such since i.was born.
currently i have plunged into a lot of financial mess,a business that started well, i saved 2k daily,now i save to pay up debts,its being challenges upon challenges,i think the problem is spiritual,now i think i have to.quit the business for the sake of my mental health.

OP, I would recommend you watch this video: Why African Businesses Fail: Debt, Jealousy, Greed and Bankruptcy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48DKuadQvI

You need to prepare yourself mentally for the challenges that are coming.

All the best
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by fyzaila: 10:12pm On Jan 27
Maybe you have to disguise, when coming to your shop, start dressing with very low budget cloths. Example is those okirka clothes. Always complain of paying one bill or the other. Complain to anyone of them who cares to listen. Be keeping moody face from time to time. While in the shop be taking garri, milk, groundnut and sugar or eggroll and coke. At home you can eat your well balanced diet food.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Abee79(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27
Goodmarlian:

Firstly, congratulations on your business. Challenges and envy are a normal part of entrepreneurship. Here are a few suggestions to help you out:

1. Be prayerful.
2. Maintain a positive attitude at all times. Smile always. It pisses off jealous people.
3. Seek counsel from others who are in the same line of business as you.
4. Ignore intrusive and malicious comments from envious people.
5. Watch what you say. Don't disclose more than is necessary to anyone.
6. Make plans to grow your business and execute them quietly.
7. No gree for negative energy.
8. Remain humble.
9. Read no. 7 again, slowly.
10. Don't give up!
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Bullfallo(m): 11:19pm On Jan 27
I remembered when I rented a shop. I was not making any danm from that shop but rather i was using my other business to fix the shop. I wanted the shop to grow big not from sells but from my other business.

People begin to think i was making it from the shop including my landlord. My landlord begin to jealous me thinking i was making it from his shop. He begins to feel that he gave me the shop so cheaply. I was surprised one day when he came looking for me. To my greatest surprise he said he wanted me to stand for him to get a lappo loan. I was devastated. A shop i never made danm from it. I was just wasting money on it and even regretting renting the shop but to keep my faith i was using my money to make it big this man wanted me to use the shop to stand as a guarantor.

It was then I park out from the shop as it was too obvious there is darkness in there. My things keep been stolen and losses going on on that shop.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Quality20(m): 6:59am On Jan 28
Na to leave them to God, they gonna eventually meet their repercussions for their evil actions

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by cassyrooy(m): 11:18am On Jan 28
DivinegiftofGod:
Ignore them and pray. In anything you're doing you have to be very strong in prayers because there are always powers that don't want you to succeed and progress in life. So you have to subdue those powers in the place of prayers.

Don't quit the business because that is their mission, to end the business. Just go into your closet and bind every powers fighting against the progress of your business. You can also do midnight prayers, you'll see changes. Then stop discussing your business with anyone.
Oga OP, read Proverbs 4:23 NKJV will say, Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

Know how you manage yourself and prepare for battles against those who attack you and all you care for.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by malcom1X: 1:41pm On Jan 28
Goodmarlian:

I will tell you the truth, POS business is a passing fad because POS will be in every shop so your business is likely to fall in the years to come. This is something you should expect.

Secondly most people asking you about your business also want to start POS business so they are getting information so they can start theirs, no one is envying or getting jealous of you.

I can believe you think there are spiritual consequences to your business 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by malcom1X: 1:43pm On Jan 28
Bullfallo:
I remembered when I rented a shop. U was not making any danm from that shop but rather i was using my other business to fix the shop. I wanted the shop to grow big not from sells but from my other business.

People begin to think i am making it from the shop including my landlord. My landlord begin to jealous me thinking i am making it from his shop. He begins to feel that he give me the shop so cheaply. I was surprised one day when she came looking for me. To be greatest surprise he said he wanted me to stand for him to get a lappo loan. I was devastated. A shop i never made danm from it. I was just wasting money on it and even regretting renting the shop but to keep my faith i was using my money to make it big this man wanted me to use the shop to stand as a guarantor.

It was then I park out from the shop as it was too obvious there is darkness in there. My things keep been stolen and losses going on that shop.

Let me ask you a question, who is the most responsible or respectful person that your landlord was supposed to meet to get a LAPO loan?

Answer this question.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by malcom1X: 1:44pm On Jan 28
fyzaila:
Maybe you have to disguise, when coming to your shop, start dressing with very low budget cloths. Example is those okirka clothes. Always complain of paying one bill or the other. Complain to anyone of them who cares to listen. Be keeping moody face from time to time. While in the shop be taking garri, milk, groundnut and sugar or eggroll and coke. At home you can eat your well balanced diet food.

He was showing off too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Bullfallo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 28
malcom1X:

Let me ask you a question, who is the most responsible or respectful person that your landlord was supposed to meet to get a LAPO loan?

Answer this question.
how will I know. I only know him because of the shop. And our business end there. He should have a circle of family and friends. I was not ready for such. When i read the document they requested guarantor ID card and they will visit the shop to see him in person. And the guarantor will pay the loan if he failed to pay back the loan. The business i just opened will be on the online with the mess.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:32pm On Jan 28
Yes it is spiritual, get another location.
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Nice2023(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28
Animegirl:

I told a friend of mine about how much I make from a customer friend of mine,he went behind me to do business with this very client and friend of mine.

Unknown to him,the client called me and informed me...he was shocked and that was how I cut him off till date.

And my client told me to be very careful with him.

He tried to explain,I didn't give him that chance because I didn't want any second chance from him not even in this world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Obierika(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28
fyzaila:

grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by Obierika(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28
malcom1X:

Answer this question.

So are you saying that if a landlord you have barely known for 12 months asks you to act as guarantor for a loan you would do it? Do you even know the implication of that?
Re: How Do I Handle Jealous And Envious People In My Workplace. by malcom1X: 10:59pm On Jan 28
By
Obierika:

So are you saying that if a landlord you have barely known for 12 months asks you to act as guarantor for a loan you would do it? Do you even know the implication of that?

I'm not saying I will do it, but he asked you because he saw you are a responsible person, I think.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Like The Biblical Sampson, I Encountered Delilah. Urgent Advise Needed / Ladies: What Do you Want For Christmas? / What Does This Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.