Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo (33413 Views)

Hundreds of Borno youths join militia group to defend their communities(photos) / 13 Boko Haram Insurgents & Their Families Surrender To The Nigerian Army / South-East Governors And Their Families (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Aemmyjah(m): 11:25am On Jan 28
And Nigeria will be known as one heavily violent and crime-infested country like Mexico.
You know how Trump talks about that country na
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Brushstrokes20: 11:26am On Jan 28
Absolutely SPOT ON!💯💯
# waste them before they waste you
# if you want me dead, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!
# nobody has monopoly to violence 💯💯
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by WhereMyLoud: 11:27am On Jan 28
TrackerSK:
These herdsmen are cowards,they can't attack people in the cities but only helpless women and children in the villages.Gun should be legalize please, let's check something
It's only a fact that to take over a state you don't just match to the capital city.. but in their case these things are orchestrated by both local and foreign intervention. It is the reason YOUR government will never be able to defeat corruption nor bring corrupt people to thier knees..

The mineral resources in the north is what those elements (local and foreign) are after. Don't be fooled.. This is neither a religious war nor farmer/herder clash.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by sammiewrite(m): 11:28am On Jan 28
blacknp:
Which Government is protecting the terrorists, state or Local Government?

Can you mention the sponsors of Terrorist is your state, or local government terrorizing you?
You want to pretend you don't know that the previous federal government of Buhari received the list of terrorist sponsors from the Dubai government, did his government publish their names or took any step like prosecuting these individuals? Even this current government, I read in one of the dailies towards the end of last year when the AGF, Lateef Fagbemi, said that they have identified the sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria and would soon start prosecution. So what is causing the delay? Why are state governors not signing the death penalty for kidnappers?
You are all over this thread attacking everyone's opinion. I want to ask you, now that it is clear that the government is not interested in the security of its citizens and would rather take the side of the oppressors, what do you suggest the oppressed do?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Inspirer1: 11:32am On Jan 28
TrackerSK:
These herdsmen are cowards,they can't attack people in the cities but only helpless women and children in the villages.Gun should be legalize please, let's check something
It's the gun that actually gives them the edge,,,most times they are just normal young guys that could be easily challenged.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by HighTable(m): 11:33am On Jan 28
The land or farmland grap killings is unfortunate to say the least.
But the government dare not legalize gun in a divided country
Imagine Gun had been legalized before end sars grin
What will happen at lekki toll gate?
So you see why the government would not shoot themselves in the stomach.
Nigeria is a very different country, people don't appreciate this enough ! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by bluefilm: 11:34am On Jan 28
I need a gun.

.357 Smith & Wesson Magnum, to be precise
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Dchampion65: 11:42am On Jan 28
Hope it will not breed more herdsmen, kidnappers as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by blacknp(m): 11:43am On Jan 28
sammiewrite:
You want to pretend you don't know that the previous federal government of Buhari received the list of terrorist sponsors from the Dubai government, did his government publish their names or took any step like prosecuting these individuals? Even this current government, I read in one of the dailies towards the end of last year when the AGF, Lateef Fagbemi, said that they have identified the sponsors of terrorism in Nigeria and would soon start prosecution. So what is causing the delay? Why are state governors not signing the death penalty for kidnappers?
You are all over this thread attacking everyone's opinion. I want to ask you, now that it is clear that the government is not interested in the security of its citizens and would rather take the side of the oppressors, what do you suggest the oppressed do?
Very funny people, keep gaslighting yourself, the same Hypocrites that supported & destroyed security apparatuses in Nigeria all in the name of Endsars thinking that they were doing President Buhari, are complaining of increased insecurity today?

Make you enjoy the demon that you all created, like they say be careful what you wish for, because for every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction.

Same government you claim told you that UAE gave them names of sponsors of terrorism, told you they did not do anything?

Was Simon Ekpa’s name on the list of Terrorists sent from the Emirates, or as usual you are looking for someone else to blame for your own shortcomings?

1 Like

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by justking(m): 11:57am On Jan 28
Copy what is just ooo
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by berrystunn(m): 11:59am On Jan 28
Nigeria is not in first 10

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Originalsly: 12:20pm On Jan 28
Hmmm ... if kids can defend their families in Mexico ... a reason why Nigerians should have access to guns. What about kids killing families? How many "rich" Nigerians have been kidnapped?... not only did they have guns ... but they had armed security? The worse thing that can happen is for citizens to be armed. What does he think will happen in road rage cases? What does he think will happen in common quarrels? What will he think will happen when fathers get home drunk? ... will the be slapping around their wives? What does he think will happen when guys spend big money on a baby and she no gree? ... what does he think will happen when guns get into the hands of jobless youths? ... doesn't he think it will be like Mexico?... they will form gangs and control their community? Calling for citizens to be armed and do not have an effective Police Force. What he should be calling for is for the FG to confiscate guns from the herdsmen... that needs to stop. He doesn't have the courage to say so .... and the FG doesn't have the balls to do so.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by hardbody: 12:28pm On Jan 28
AntiWailer:
You have a point bro.

You stay in highbrow area, they call before access is allowed into your abode yet you have a gun but some one vulnerable out there in the farm day and night with several ransacking of their village can not own a gun.

I licensed a gun since only God knows when and there has never been a need to use it apart from servicing it to service it again.

So the guy is right. Modify the law and get the guns into the hands of those who need it to defend them selves and their community genuinely.

there are disadvantages of guns every where but these people need to defend themselves.

I even just renewed my license and haven't had a need to use it ever since i acquired it. My case is even worse, I hardly remember to do anything save that some days i just pull the barrel and go through the process of loading to ensure the internal system is still very free (Don't mind my usage of terms. I guess the people that have a need for it should be allowed to own one. Simple.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Mrdonadefe: 12:29pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
When Landlord shoot you or person for your family over house rent, then you will know how ignorance has played overtime in your wishful thinking.

The Landlord will be charged to court and get the death sentence. Dont you know there are laws against murder?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Mrdonadefe: 12:37pm On Jan 28
Dchampion65:
Hope it will not breed more herdsmen, kidnappers as well.

Dont you want to have a chance to defend your self against armed criminals?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Paulruth: 12:41pm On Jan 28
Austindark:
Do you know how many people gets stabbed everyday due to the availability of bottles.??

And you want Guns to be added to the scene.
Please stop, jor!

This nonsense you wrote justifies being killed without defence by the idiotic herdsmen? Be like you dey stupid
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by poseidon12: 1:05pm On Jan 28
Well said. Nigerians should have the right to defend themselves against violence by any means necessary. Right now, it is only the Fulani herdsmen that have the right to bear arms and attack communities with impunity.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by poseidon12: 1:08pm On Jan 28
SALLYBERRY01:
The violence it will cause won't be controllable

Has the government been able to control the present violence?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by poseidon12: 1:13pm On Jan 28
tunjijones:
Legalising of gun is good but not in a country like Nigeria where hardship, poverty and anger rate is very high.

And Nigerians are proud too. Dem never legalise gun and "do u know who I am" full everywhere. If them legalise gun for Nigeria, instead of "do you know who I am", na gun shot you go hear.

Not true. If guns are legalized, people will actually respect themselves because everybody knows that the other person is also armed. House to house armed robberies will be a thing of the past. Highway robberies will reduce. Banditry will reduce.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Karlifate: 1:42pm On Jan 28
tunjijones:
Legalising of gun is good but not in a country like Nigeria where hardship, poverty and anger rate is very high.

And Nigerians are proud too. Dem never legalise gun and "do u know who I am" full everywhere. If them legalise gun for Nigeria, instead of "do you know who I am", na gun shot you go hear.

Exactly! 💯
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by sammiewrite(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28
blacknp:
Very funny people, keep gaslighting yourself, the same Hypocrites that supported & destroyed security apparatuses in Nigeria all in the name of Endsars thinking that they were doing President Buhari, are complaining of increased insecurity today?

Make you enjoy the demon that you all created, like they say be careful what you wish for, because for every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction.

Same government you claim told you that UAE gave them names of sponsors of terrorism, told you they did not do anything?

Was Simon Ekpa’s name on the list of Terrorists sent from the Emirates, or as usual you are looking for someone else to blame for your own shortcomings?
I guess I now understand where you stand. Without any evidence, you assumed I'm from the East, assumed I supported EndSars and Simon Ekpa, while carefully excusing/praising the government of Buhari.

You insinuated that Buhari government may have "acted" on the list of terror sponsors he received. But, how come none of these actions is seen or felt by the majority of Nigerians, nor did any of it translate to reduced insecurity? Or do you mean actions like the many times the people of Benue, Jos, and Nassarawa will inform the military of an impending attack but the military will not act, but will only come in after the attackers may have left to prevent a reprisal attack on the attackers? This happened not once or twice under your beloved Buhari. It was actions like the one I just highlighed that made the likes of Igboho to gain the spotlight. May I also inform you that under your Buhari, his Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Attahiru Ibrahim, died mysteriously and there was no investigation till date, plus he didn't attend his burial which has never happened in the history of Nigeria.

Also, you alluded the current state of insecurity to EndSars. Can I remind you that EndSars happened in 2020 but kidnapping for ransom and militia attacks had heightened before then?

I'm sorry I replied you because I thought I was engaging a patriot who cared for the security of his fellow compatriots. Please I request that we end this discussion. Thank you for your time and do have a wonderful week ahead.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by maasoap(m): 2:10pm On Jan 28
Mexico is one mother fvcking God forsaken country. This man get sense so?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by sketching: 2:12pm On Jan 28
TrackerSK:

My brother, you right.

They are not looking for fair fight, they are looking for VICTIMS (even the armed forces they kill, it is by ambush and out-gun them most times). If their was only a 50% chance they would die, they would not raid. Same with religious rioters.

1 Like

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by maasoap(m): 2:13pm On Jan 28
2Radii:

Say this in front of heavily armed headsmen

Some people will just talk as if dey don't have a bra!n at all
You can't definitely interpret his comment accurately in any direction, he could mean it in other direction, you know?
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by coleon(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28
Tinubu should urgently legalize guns in Nigeria if that's the only good thing he will achieve in his administration. We need to have guns to exterminate APC zombies voting useless leaders every election.
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28
Paulruth:
This nonsense you wrote justifies being killed without defence by the idiotic herdsmen? Be like you dey stupid
Trust me, organised society like USA is finding it difficult with out of control guns violence. What chance do you think Nigerians have against one another when everyone is allowed to get their hands on guns?
You so much focused on herdsmen like the crisis associated with herdsmen/farmers is the beginning and end of all problems we have in Nigeria. We shouldn't throw our brains into dustbin because of pockets of challenges which govt can easily handled if they're ready, we don't need to create another monster in the name of defending ourselves.
This is one of the consequences of successful Endsars protests, my opinion
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by AK89: 2:29pm On Jan 28
This man wants to make things harder for the attackers, right now, things are so easy for them, why change it. #Sarcasm
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Warlord2014(m): 2:33pm On Jan 28
Vocalessence:
What gives most criminals the audacity to attack people is because people are defenseless. But one thing I am scared of is people abusing that privilege. Someone might just be frustrated and just decides to kill just to vent.

My opinion, each state should run it's own police and the community where you live operates it's own security personnel (more like vigilante) which is in 24/7 contact and synergy with the state police. That way, familes would be safer than every family owning a gun?

Let's push your business to a new heights. I'm a voice over artist with the magic voice. Dm for bookings.
Correct.
I am in support of your idea

1 Like

Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by Achoghim: 2:52pm On Jan 28
You ended up confirming what he said, but the meaning flew over your head
2Radii:

Say this in front of heavily armed headsmen

Some people will just talk as if dey don't have a bra!n at all
Re: If Kids Can Defend Their Families in Mexico, Why Can’t Nigerians? - Adebayo by BALLOSKI: 3:23pm On Jan 28
TrackerSK:
They don't graze their cattle in the city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shehu Sani: Don’t Beat Your Wife And Run To Benue For Reconciliation / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Dutse, Jigawa (Photos) / Suicide Bomber Recognition Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.