Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation (10356 Views)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death / Woman Photoshops Late Husband To Family Pictures To Celebrate His 40th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Creamypie(m): 9:42am On Jan 29
Reason y genevivi nnaji, Linda ikeji and a host of other rich Igbo women no go consider marriage. Husband family will consider their eastate and wealth as theirs. The reason easterners will prefer their wealthy brothers not to give birth men too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Coldspice: 9:42am On Jan 29
Frankofor10:
This is very sad,one of the bad sides of African culture.i am in a big mess guys.assist me..0035..325979..access bank

Igbo culture, not African culture.

5 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by FertilityH: 9:42am On Jan 29
ashiwaju2010:

https://punchng.com/anambra-widow-battling-forced-eviction-by-in-law-seeks-help/?amp

Just imagine
The heart of most blacks na wickedness full Dr.

How do they expect the children to feed, cloth and continue education when they have collected everything that belongs to the widow?

God is indeed patient

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Egoveen: 9:43am On Jan 29
This is why i don't like most of these cultures and traditions in the land,it tends to incapacitate the other gender and render them helpless,i don't pray for my womb carrier to pass through this HELL......... I be Igbo by the way🛀🛀
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by DavidEsq(m): 9:43am On Jan 29
FIDA and their usual nonsensical approach to such matters cannot cease to surprise me because they are an association of dumb persons dressed in lawyer's robes. This is both a criminal and civil matter, yet FIDA is claiming it is strictly a family issue. How? Maybe the widow should be killed first before they pore through the law books to find the liability of her late husband's siblings? Didn't the Court of appeal in NZEKWU v. NZEKWU hold that such practices or acts are against the rights of a widow and her children? How on God's green earth would FIDA now claim it is strictly a family matter? What a sorry sight for an association.

4 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by jaxxy(m): 9:45am On Jan 29
Hmmm lazy siblings will always be an enemy of progress
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Bobloco: 9:47am On Jan 29
talented321:
What about the big pride price and a woman been buried in the husband's community, is that one a lie too?

The issue of big bride prices is relative.

Most families collect little or nothing as bride price; they will implore you, the intending groom, to settle the kindred or village men and women.

What is wrong with burying a woman in his husband's community or compound?

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Christlike01: 9:48am On Jan 29
Why is it that anything that has to do with land always makes these hinterland bushpeople go gaga ?!

4 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Nice2023(m): 9:49am On Jan 29
Men should always buy land and add their wife's name.

All my landed properties has the name of my wife in it.

I don't care if i am close to my brother...with what is happening in Nigeria now,we have to be smart and do the right thing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by talented321: 9:55am On Jan 29
I don't really believe this because the few i came across there is nothing like what you wrote down here, though may be i'm the one that never go across such.. ..
Bobloco:

The issue of big bride prices is relative.

Most families collect little or nothing as bride price; they will implore you, the intending groom, to settle the kindred or village men and women.

what is wrong if she is been buried in her village, do you want your mother to be buried in a strange land, right? When there is no challenge in the village she comes from

What is wrong with burying a woman in his husband's community or compound?
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Houseontherock1: 10:03am On Jan 29
dayleke:
Ha!!

Sebi they have their own lands too, why are they disturbing the poor woman?

How do you even feel inheriting your sibling's property(ies) while his own family are there?

Na wah o. shocked
cry cry
The worst part is that they will use that money to take care of their own children while depriving the owner's children and wife of the goodies their father and husband left behind

5 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Skillsnigeria: 10:03am On Jan 29
Hmmm
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Nice2023(m): 10:03am On Jan 29
Christlike01:
Why is it that anything that has to do with land always makes these hinterland bushpeople go gaga ?!

U lack education.

The igbo land tenure system is a complex one and hence the issues associated with it. If u had read architecture,estate mgt,environmental science,URP,geography u will understand but because u are filled with hate and lack the needed education to understand u will keep hating rather than understand it.

Go and read the igbo land tenure system and stop casting away what u don't know.

Then,the above topic is embarrassing and should not be tolerated because this isn't normal in any society for brothers to destroy their brothers wife all because of land.

And for u men,learn to trust ur wives with ur land and not brothers and for many of u who have entrusted all ur properties and next of Kin names in ur brothers,father or sisters name...u are only looking for trouble when the real deal starts.

Except for those who are divorced or separated,pls ensure u put ur wife's name as ur next of Kin...it is very important my people.
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Smartguyboy(m): 10:09am On Jan 29
💯 Igbo people way of life .

3 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Romanoff(f): 10:13am On Jan 29
This is what happens when you show your family that they are mire important than your wife. This is what happens when you place your wife below your family. After you go, your wife and children will suffer. Your family will feel entitled to what should belong ti your wife and kids.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 10:34am On Jan 29
Donate to charity and use your head to train those children angry

solmusdesigns:
Shameless people

Why not donate to charity what the dead man left

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by 7lives: 10:43am On Jan 29
Houseontherock1:

The worst part is that they will use that money to take care of their own children while depriving the owner's children and wife of the goodies their father and husband left behind

Are you sure these relatives are not the ones who killed the man?, they are not called village people for nothing.
Their own no dey please dem, their eyes are always inside another person own.
They want to take over for now, so that children can come to collect the land when they grow up, lies from the pit of hell.
This is why they are called village people,
they will make sure those children never come back to ask for the land.
Wicked folks, no wonder they have all fled their homeland, to go and constitute nuisance elsewhere.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Demigod22: 10:48am On Jan 29
Haven't we gone beyond this already? What the heck is wrong with this people and obsession with properties that are not your own?

When you see things like this, you begin to wonder if these people truly love their brother.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Christlike01: 10:49am On Jan 29
Nice2023:

U lack education.

The igbo land tenure system is a complex one and hence the issues associated with it. If u had read architecture,estate mgt,environmental science,URP,geography u will understand but because u are filled with hate and lack the needed education to understand u will keep hating rather than understand it.

Go and read the igbo land tenure system and stop casting away what u don't know.

Then,the above topic is embarrassing and should not be tolerated because this isn't normal in any society for brothers to destroy their brothers wife all because of land.

And for u men,learn to trust ur wives with ur land and not brothers and for many of u who have entrusted all ur properties and next of Kin names in ur brothers,father or sisters name...u are only looking for trouble when the real deal starts.

Except for those who are divorced or separated,pls ensure u put ur wife's name as ur next of Kin...it is very important my people.

Will you shut your faecal ogiri smelly trap up there,Igbo land tenure my foot ! Why don't you tell us exactly what's complex about your tiny 5 acres of erosion ravaged land ?!

Lol,you honestly think we don't know why land issue is a matter of life and death in your jungle ? Take a look below :

*Anambra = 4,844 square kilometers
*Imo. = 5,530 square kilometers
*Abia. = 6,320 square kilometers
*Enugu. = 7,161 square kilometers
*Ebonyi. = 5,670 square kilometers

TOTAL = 29,525 square kilometers

*Oyo state = 28,454 square kilometers
!

Before you go any further with your "complex Igbo land tenure" yeye theory,above is the real reason why una dey go gaga because of land in your jungle! See the person who is talking about education,someone whose people were still walking around buttnaked as recent as 1930s ! You and your people need that education more,Chinedu !

4 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:52am On Jan 29
EreluRoz:
Wicked

Women should learn not to be weak, if our mother Eve was weak she won't have succeeded in making Adam eat the forbidden fruit. You should know why you are a woman, learn to always take that advantage.

Ten thousand of inlaws like this can't do me shit
just pray not to experience this thing because some inlaws are ready to wipe out an entire family so they can take people's property they didn't even contribute to build or work for. Some inlaws are 😈 incarnate

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Bobloco: 11:04am On Jan 29
talented321:
I don't really believe this because the few i came across there is nothing like what you wrote down here, though may be i'm the one that never go across such.. .. what is wrong if she is been buried in her village, do you want your mother to be buried in a strange land, right? When there is no challenge in the village she comes from

I don't understand what you mean by "Strange land"you

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Bobloco: 11:04am On Jan 29
talented321:
I don't really believe this because the few i came across there is nothing like what you wrote down here, though may be i'm the one that never go across such.. .. what is wrong if she is been buried in her village, do you want your mother to be buried in a strange land, right? When there is no challenge in the village she comes from

I don't understand what you mean by "Strange land"

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by BloomingDale(f): 11:05am On Jan 29
They must have hated their brother, hence no regards for the wife and kids after his death. Men better learn that only the kid’s mother, and not his sisters, brothers etc can take good care of his children after his death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Gboom: 11:07am On Jan 29
Christlike01:

Will you shut your faecal ogiri smelly trap up there,Igbo land tenure my foot ! Why don't you tell us exactly what's complex about your tiny 5 acres of erosion ravaged land ?!

Lol,you honestly think we don't know why land issue is a matter of life and death in your jungle ? Take a look below :

*Anambra = 4,844 square kilometers
*Imo. = 5,530 square kilometers
*Abia. = 6,320 square kilometers
*Enugu. = 7,161 square kilometers
*Ebonyi. = 5,670 square kilometers

TOTAL = 29,525 square kilometers

*Oyo state = 28,454 square kilometers
!

Before you go any further with your "complex Igbo land tenure" yeye theory,above is the real reason why una dey go gaga because of land in your jungle! See the person who is talking about education,someone whose people were still walking around buttnaked as recent as 1930s ! You and your people need that education more,Chinedu !
Agba searcher- The land no fit contains their noise hence the spread over other people's land

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Christlike01: 11:17am On Jan 29
Gboom:

Agba searcher- The land no fit contains their noise hence the spread over other people's land

Don't mind those mofos !

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by themanderon: 11:17am On Jan 29
People never learn from the mistakes of the past generation. Aren't they themselves going to die someday? Foolishness. The late brother even has a son so what are they thinking? Wickedness doesn't allow people to think well. The next thing is to try to get rid of their late brother's son.

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by EreluRoz: 11:20am On Jan 29
oladipuposadeeq:
just pray not to experience this thing because some inlaws are ready to wipe out an entire family so they can take people's property they didn't even contribute to build or work for. Some inlaws are 😈 incarnate
I'm not afraid of any type of in-law, try shit and eventually wipe themselves and not a strand of hair will be out of my skin. They'll learn the hard way.

I feel for her sha
Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by NOwazobia: 11:43am On Jan 29
I said she is Igbo before opening the thread.

Next! undecided

1 Like

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Emekaonline: 12:04pm On Jan 29
I hope no reasonable ladies will dare to marry from that region. It is really a shame and wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation by Ladymillion(f): 12:08pm On Jan 29
A USELESS HUSBAND IS BETTER THAN A DEAD ONE, TIWA SAVAGE EX, EVEN THOUGH NOT TOGETHER ANYMORE STOOD UP FOR HER WHEN SHE HAD ISSUES WITH OBO.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Again / For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off? / Who Knows You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.