Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

To Marry Or Not To Marry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Marry Or Not To Marry (15072 Views)

A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me / Which African Country Would You Like To Marry From? / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Marry Or Not To Marry by Peterrio: 9:25am On Jan 29
I need your sincere advise guys.

So someone offered to help my fiancée get a job and also help her relocate abroad. He's one of her sponsors in school, he's a married man, a doctor too and they live in United States.

I have plans of wedding my fiancée before she leaves Nigeria so it will be easier to join her in the US

Now the issue is, if l get married to her before then, the man might lose interest in helping her.

Right now i am confused, i will appreciate any good advise on how to handle this situation.

I really want her to get that job and relocate and i want to join her as well.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Sirmwill: 9:27am On Jan 29
The man might lose interest...

WTF

Then the man is not your rightful helper

If he is your right helper, he would even support you in your Wedding

And your assumption is too serious
What if the man has only good intentions

And if it turns out bad,let it go.

Don't even stress further

134 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by FarmPlanetNG: 9:32am On Jan 29
Speak with your woman. Not Us.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Acidosis(m): 9:46am On Jan 29
He will lose interest because she's getting married? Seriously? Sugar daddy parole no dey pass this one.

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by thorpido(m): 9:51am On Jan 29
Did you discuss this with your fiancee and did she discuss with her uncle?
You shouldn't assume.

4 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by woginid967: 9:52am On Jan 29
Peterrio:

So someone offered to help my fiancée get a job and also help her relocate abroad. He's one of her sponsors in school, he's a married man, a doctor too and they live in United States.

I have plans of wedding my fiancée before she leaves Nigeria so it will be easier to join her in the US

Now the issue is, if l get married to her before then, the man might lose interest in helping her.

Right now i am confused, i will appreciate any good advise on how to handle this situation.

Is your woman your ride or die abi she is a baddie who digs gold

This discussion is for you and your woman.

Here's a profitable plot.

Discuss it with her family and yours too

Just to test their hearts.

Now, if your woman is legit and truly your peace, she will agree to secret court wedding... So that after the relocation she can travel first before telling the man and then she brings you over.

If this is not feasible, the man has slept with her or she has agreed to be his side chic....

Drop her. Count your blessings and losses and move on.

You didn't loose, you dodged a bullet

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by duduade: 10:06am On Jan 29
Sirmwill:
The man might lose interest...

WTF

Then the man is not your rightful helper

If he is your right helper, he would even support you in your Wedding

And your assumption is too serious
What if the man has only good intentions

And if it turns out bad,let it go.

Don't even stress further

That statement really sounds ODD.. Abi he be her sugar daddy... Please OP relook that sentence

All I see is a couple trying to see how they can beat all odds especially the so called sponsor in japaing
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by missidy: 10:14am On Jan 29
Please don't listen to all these people telling you he is her sugar daddy. It is a known fact that when once a lady gets married, even her family members won't help her again. They will tell you your husband is supposed to take care of you, that is why it is easier for single ladies to achieve their dreams than the married ones. All my friends that had big plans and got married are now stuck here taking care of children, no financial or career help from their families again.

You should discuss this with her not us. If the person won't help again because she has gotten married, then let her relocate first. You guys can then get married immediately she has settled in the new country.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by aycapri(m): 10:28am On Jan 29
Did you just say the man would lose interest if she is married. That means there is something that you don’t want to tell us. See as this man wan set himself up, you better don’t get stuck with the ring on your hand hand in Naija..

4 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by studyless123: 8:08pm On Jan 29
Peterrio:

Which advise are you looking for? I'll also lose interest because I'm not a fan of couples living in different countries. It's either I assist both of you or you guys should remain happily married together. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by pansophist(m): 10:37pm On Jan 29
What is the opinion of your fiancee on all these? shocked

If she tells you to postpone the marriage, that she should go first, then you should know that you are in the idiot in the midst grin

Also, if he loses interest in helping your fiancee just because she got married before coming, then he is not your real helper and probably wants to snatch your woman.

Does this helper from America know you? Have you guys met or at least, spoken on the phone before? What is the basis of his benevolence?

Shine your eyes sha, no go let anybody use your head. In situations like this, I will assume the worst and then hope for the best. That's how you save yourself from unnecessary headaches and disappointment.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by jamesfield: 10:41pm On Jan 29
Shey ODE leleyi ni? undecided

5 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Cassandraloius: 3:28pm On Jan 30
That man will definitely get mad because she is the center of attention and attraction. If you come marry her now, the man go find another chick and tell her that, sisi, now that you're married, your husband will take care of you. You both should have a dialogue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by free2ryhme: 3:30pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by free2ryhme: 3:30pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

How old are you that you are asking senseless questions

3 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Henix(m): 3:30pm On Jan 30
Marry her secretly without the man's knowledge. Everyone must not know that u guys are now married. Go do "court wedding" and collect ur marriage certificate

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by obaidan: 3:31pm On Jan 30
won ti fe gbe e ni handicap

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Westerhoffe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 30
The man will lose interest if he finds out she is married…
Did the man say so or show signs of?
If so, don't go through him unless you don't mind sharing her with him...and that, I won't advise... He's not ready to help.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by obaidan: 3:32pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

e be like the man wan arrange one citizen for the girl to marry, abi e get eye for ur babe.

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Coldspice: 3:33pm On Jan 30
missidy:
it is easier for single ladies to achieve their dreams than the married ones. All my friends that had big plans and got married are now stuck here taking care of children, no financial or career help from their families again.

She sees marriage as an obstacle to obtaining financial help. Bambiala has ruined this one's life.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 3:33pm On Jan 30
If what you said about the man's help if you guys get married is true, then it is kind of fishy.

If he truly has the intention of helping her from a good or pure place, then your marriage to her shouldn't be a problem but if what you said is true, then something dey sup wey you no wan talk or wey you no know.

Normally, you should discuss it with your woman and the two families (yours and hers) involved and not here.

Discuss it with your woman and the two families involved, why doing that take your time to observe every response and reactions, that should help you get better understanding of how to handle it.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Menclothing: 3:33pm On Jan 30
Do what please ur hrt
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by ClassicMan202(m): 3:34pm On Jan 30

Herein lies all the answers you are looking for.

Use your tongue count your teeth.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Hajokexyz: 3:35pm On Jan 30
Man or sugar Daddy??

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by qtguru(m): 3:35pm On Jan 30
Even if you join she's still on a student visa, what's the plan after that ?

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Kingrshd3: 3:35pm On Jan 30
I
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by SirLakes: 3:36pm On Jan 30
Why would he lose interest grin

E dey chop your babe abi E wan dey chop her?

3 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by oluwaseyi0: 3:38pm On Jan 30
Is the man fuxking your fiancée or what

He is her sponsor is a vague word, you mean he's her sugar daddy or are they related

Why will he loose interest in helping her if they don't have something sexual

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:38pm On Jan 30
Mumu post.All this weak guys sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 12 Countries With The Most Beutiful People ---scientific Study By MSN / The New Police Mode Of Operation For Okada Riders / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.