Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

To Marry Or Not To Marry - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / To Marry Or Not To Marry (15076 Views)

A Swedish Man I Met Online Wants To Marry Me / Which African Country Would You Like To Marry From? / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 30
This is hilarious lol. If this is true as soon as she enter USA she go begin find who to marry for papers. Meaning no hope for you
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Gboom: 3:39pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:
I need your sincere advise guys.

So someone offered to help my fiancée get a job and also help her relocate abroad. He's one of her sponsors in school, he's a married man, a doctor too and they live in United States.

I have plans of wedding my fiancée before she leaves Nigeria so it will be easier to join her in the US

Now the issue is, if l get married to her before then, the man might lose interest in helping her.

Right now i am confused, i will appreciate any good advise on how to handle this situation.

I really want her to get that job and relocate and i want to join her as well.
Are you man enough financially to take care of your family, if yes, get married to her without hoping for an assistance will cause you pain in the nearest future?
What is the relationship between your fiancée and the man in question?
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by brainpower(m): 3:41pm On Jan 30
Any man that will get angry and withdraw help from a woman because she got married is Sleeping with that woman.

That's what you should be more concerned about.

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Greenback: 3:45pm On Jan 30
Your own now is 50/50
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by seborrhic: 3:50pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

So someone offered to help my fiancée get a job and also help her relocate abroad. He's one of her sponsors in school, he's a married man, a doctor too and they live in United States.

I have plans of wedding my fiancée before she leaves Nigeria so it will be easier to join her in the US

Now the issue is, if l get married to her before then, the man might lose interest in helping her.

Right now i am confused, i will appreciate any good advise on how to handle this situation.

Unless I am outdated or don't know how things work,but I just want to know on what basis will the person abroad help your fiancee to relocate abroad.He will just write a letter to the embassy that this is my sponsee,issue her Visa?
And a married man helping a female,how does it even sound.
As I said maybe I am outdated.
If it was that easy and straightforward,then many abroad cities in the US,UK and Canada would have become Lagos extensions.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Taiwo20(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30
IF YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUS, JUST DO COURT WEDDING ONLY
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Enskynelson(m): 3:54pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

If you fiancee is cool, do a court wedding with her before then. At least, it will be quiet and can be kept between both families. If he will still get to know, then you have to consider whether to take the risk of allowing her to go first then do the wedding later.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by KillahPriest: 4:11pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

So someone offered to help my fiancée get a job and also help her relocate abroad. HE'S ONE OF HER SPONSORS IN SCHOOL, he's a married man, a doctor too and they live in United States.

she should explain the bolded clearly
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by qtguru(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30
Hmmmm you guys should discuss because Naija hard and if you can japa through marriage then you're in a luck. My homies have relocated because their wives have paper, so they didn't get to spend much. Don't let ego stop you from having a better life. You can do simple court wedding and join her later.

Don't fumble the bag, na you know your babe, all these RP will poison your mind. Unless she's ambitious to the point of abandoning you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by pocohantas(f): 4:20pm On Jan 30
qtguru:
Hmmmm you guys should discuss because Naija hard and if you can japa through marriage then you're in a luck. My homies have relocated because their wives have paper, so they didn't get to spend much. Don't let ego stop you from having a better life. You can do simple court wedding and join her later.

Don't fumble the bag, na you know your babe, all these RP will poison your mind. Unless she's ambitious to the point of abandoning you

grin grin grin
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Kenmatt(m): 4:25pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

You have just accepted it wholeheartedly that you have no worth, no value.

Nigeria Naira even has more value than you.

Even when you're dead sure that this man is having a canal knowledge of her and will continue to do that when She arrives US.

Why would the man get dispirited in helping her should he finds out she tied the knot if not why?
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by GloriousGbola: 4:26pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

2 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Kinzo0917(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

Why will d man loose interest even if she is married?

That means if she goes over there, d man will turn her to his sex slave because I dont understand what you wrote up there. Except there is something you are not telling us
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Kinzo0917(m): 4:31pm On Jan 30
thorpido:
Did you discuss this with your fiancee and did she discuss with her uncle?
You shouldn't assume.

Learn to read b4 you comment ogede

Where did you read where he wrote d man in question is her uncle?

No wonder most of you fail your exams. You rush to ansa d questions without reading the questions carefully
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by TruthDefender(m): 4:39pm On Jan 30
Things to consider

1. If you get married before she leaves, she has to put married on her visa form / Otherwise the US embassy will not find her credible when she files to bring you over

2. On what basis is she planning on getting residence permit in the US ? If via marriage with Akata,then she may be better off going to US as a single woman. Get her papers then divorce akata and marry you

3. Any married man bringing a single woman to the US is already fukking her. No man will risk all that expenses to bring a lady he ain't fukking over. She may reject his advances when she gets there. Married men are not fools

4. Since you end up finding out along the line that they are fukking, your marriage will collapse. Naija men no dey take ear hear someone is fukking their girlfriend not to talk of wife

5. Keep searching. You haven't found a wife yet

3 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by SonofGod231: 4:43pm On Jan 30
Hear yourself.....I dey shame for you bru!!
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by ifyain: 4:46pm On Jan 30
if you marry her even without the sponsor knowing , it might impede her getting papers through contract marriage, because she will now need to divorce you, besides nobody will want to sponsor a married women and her husband. if you are man enough to marry, then you should be man enough to look after your wife. Please trust your girlfriend and have faith in her otherwise why waste your time in the relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by wunmi590(m): 4:55pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

Few weeks to her relocation, once her visa has been approved, wed her and if possible impregnate her self...
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by femi4: 4:55pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

Why will the man lose interest? Does he have ulterior motive
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by EnglishUsa: 4:57pm On Jan 30
I don't like dull men, pregnant this lady and let her go where she is going to period
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by tomju2(f): 4:58pm On Jan 30
You've lost that fiancee as she crosses the Atlantic. Marry her now or regret later. That "helper," doesn't hold your destiny!
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Father4all: 5:23pm On Jan 30
The man is planning taking her away from you. Can't you read the hand writings on the wall wink
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by qtx(m): 5:35pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

Which means you know the man is only trying to help her because she is single? That means a lot. In US s3xual immorality does not mean anything to most married and unmarried people there.Amsure you won't like the story that will follow if he eventually takes her to US(My guess)
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by YoshihideSuga: 5:37pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

On what visa? If na H1B, I really doubt it. It's a lottery and the next timeline is this year's September or October thereabouts.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by spiceadole: 5:42pm On Jan 30
Peterrio:

I thought you guys brag that you don't have anything to benefit from getting married.

Gold digger ..
You want to relocate to US through a woman..
Same gender that advises men should not bring their wives to join them overseas

3 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by aestake: 5:47pm On Jan 30
oluwaseyi0:
Is the man fuxking your fiancée or what

He is her sponsor is a vague word, you mean he's her sugar daddy or are they related

Why will he loose interest in helping her if they don't have something sexual
You want to help someone and she brings another person along. Shey you go go ahead especially a man like you?

2 Likes

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by Juliusable007(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30
OP this is your answer right here, I know someone who had similar opportunity to travel but choosed to marry first and the so called sponsor couldn't help again because he said since marrying is the priority so be it. Till today my guy is still regretting his decision to marry first because he felt he would have be doing better by now.
missidy:
Please don't listen to all these people telling you he is her sugar daddy. It is a known fact that when once a lady gets married, even her family members won't help her again. They will tell you your husband is supposed to take care of you, that is why it is easier for single ladies to achieve their dreams than the married ones. All my friends that had big plans and got married are now stuck here taking care of children, no financial or career help from their families again.

You should discuss this with her not us. If the person won't help again because she has gotten married, then let her relocate first. You guys can then get married immediately she has settled in the new country.

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by aestake: 5:48pm On Jan 30
YoshihideSuga:

On what visa? If na H1B, I really doubt it. It's a lottery and the next timeline is this year's September or October thereabouts.
That guy doesn't know any visa type o.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by aestake: 5:52pm On Jan 30
ifyain:
if you marry her even without the sponsor knowing , it might impede her getting papers through contract marriage, because she will now need to divorce you, besides nobody will want to sponsor a married women and her husband. if you are man enough to marry, then you should be man enough to look after your wife. Please trust your girlfriend and have faith in her otherwise why waste your time in the relationship.
He wants to marry but not to sponsor her and himself. This is a weak man.
Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by uche393: 6:13pm On Jan 30
to get husband no easy abroad, let her japa then prepare yourself within two years and marry her on a low key then join her there.

1 Like

Re: To Marry Or Not To Marry by bukatyne(f): 6:22pm On Jan 30
Acidosis:

He will lose interest because she's getting married? Seriously? Sugar daddy parole no dey pass this one.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally In Russia!!! But.... / The New Police Mode Of Operation For Okada Riders / What's Your Reason For Considering Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.